[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

9 hours ago, delightful said:

Finally, it's done!!!!!!! Thank you for waiting patiently.. well most of us did. ^_^

Please remember that I have not been asked about my videos to be posted at KissAsian or Dramacool or whatever that site is. But I hate going back and looking upon bad feelings, so whatever... if they want to continue like this, just let them. The person/people taking the subbed version by me and giving it to them knows what they are doing. Let them be, our time and attention should be on our SOTUS fanclub here. :wub:

So here it is...  https://mega.nz/#!LVlTyDKK!SNbe9UO0Jx0y1z8TmdY7CjttJjXmu4wuawxrZwaTKDk

I can't believe they ended the video like that! Whoever is doing the editing  f u ccking knows how to tease us!!!! Saturday can't come any sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THank you so much :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you on everything you said. But I actually understood @Sharan Raj's post to basically point out that it's demeaning to reduce a homosexual pairing to heteronormative standards and heteronormative standards only. (Please tell me if I got that wrong.)

So, I guess the gist of it all is, that it's absolutely okay if somebody wants to take on the "wifey" role in a relationship (there is nothing wrong with being or wanting to come across as feminine, also there is nothing wrong with being very stereotypical, as long as that is who you truly are). I also wholeheartely believe that Krist didn't mean it negatively when he said that Arthit was Kong's wife. As far as I understood, it wasn't even literally the word "wife", there was just no better way to translate his words briefly.

However, it's also not okay to refer to homosexual relationships in general as ones that only have husband/wife dynamics or seme/uke dynamics, because that is just plain insulting. And, unfortunately that is done so often, both in literature or other types of media, as well as social conversations. For example, there have been plenty of posts in this thread referring to Arthit or Kongpop as uke or seme (even though, as far as I understood, Bittersweet herself pointed out that their relationship is not uke/seme but a realistic one of two equals) and I'm sure that nobody meant those words in a demeaning way anyway. But the truth is, for those of us who are in homosexual relationships, it can feel very upsetting to hear people stereotype queer characters like that, because it comes down to the good old example of "Which of the two chopsticks is the fork?" And sometimes we're just tired of explaining, "Neither one. They're both chopsticks who would really, REALLY like to be referred to as such too."

right like how do they not see thats homophobic and theyre obsession with gay ppls sex life is so creepy, sure one might be more feminine or whatever but thats not rlly anyone elses business especially not straight ppl

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lesbian said:

right like how do they not see thats homophobic and theyre obsession with gay ppls sex life is so creepy, sure one might be more feminine or whatever but thats not rlly anyone elses business especially not straight ppl

I get where you'Re coming from, but please don't forget that a lot of people around here (and other websites) are fairly young and some of them maybe don't have any friends or relatives who are gay (at least that they know). And in many countries it's not common knowledge that the whole husband/wife or seme/uke concepts are insulting to actual LGBT relationships. I bet that many people on here weren't even aware of this until it was brought up in this thread. So, I can't feel upset with them. They didn't mean any harm and they didn't know better. I'd much rather go and tell them why it is upsetting to us, so they'll think about it and educate themselves, rather than bark at people aggressively for something they unknowingly said.

Also, let's not forget that we're talking about a fictional couple here. All of us here in this thread love this couple equally. All of us have a right to love and defend this couple equally. Gay people as well as straight people. Why should we exclude anybody??? Just because we were excluded ourselves? Shouldn't we know better?

And, to be honest, I don't want to exclude straight people from thinking about gay couples (even non-fictional ones) at all. I would prefer if the whole discussion was considered ALL of our business, because only that way we can mend the gaps in society.

• Like 12

guess i have to be gay on my own.. the only post i saw abt it was one i made myself lmao

but pear

i was hoping from the beginning she was gay but didnt think it was likely and she was my favorite character from the start too (shes so pretty i have a huge crush on her) and its been hours since i watched the episode but my heart is still so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just love her so much and love seeing other lesbians !!!!!!!!

• Like 6

straight people are missing out on so much when they watch this and other lgbt series some of my favorite moments which seemed so obvious to me seem to have completely flown right past all the straights. also straight ppls descriptions of gay ppl are so strange like reading books w gay characters written by straights like have you ever been gay before thats not how it works, on here when theyre all talking abt kong & arthits feelings they just ????? are so wrong abt everything imgo (in my gay opinion)

• Like 1

Hello guys. I'm just a silent reader all this time. Just want to thank @delightful for the translation. i really like reading your notes in the sub. sotus really made my day nowadays. and i'm too addicted to it. that's why i want to spazz on this series together with all of you. thank you guys :wub:

• Like 6

9 hours ago, delightful said:

Finally, it's done!!!!!!! Thank you for waiting patiently.. well most of us did. ^_^

Please remember that I have not been asked about my videos to be posted at KissAsian or Dramacool or whatever that site is. But I hate going back and looking upon bad feelings, so whatever... if they want to continue like this, just let them. The person/people taking the subbed version by me and giving it to them knows what they are doing. Let them be, our time and attention should be on our SOTUS fanclub here. :wub:

So here it is...  https://mega.nz/#!LVlTyDKK!SNbe9UO0Jx0y1z8TmdY7CjttJjXmu4wuawxrZwaTKDk

I can't believe they ended the video like that! Whoever is doing the editing  f u ccking knows how to tease us!!!! Saturday can't come any sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks dear... it 6:26am here... last night i'm sleep early so i did not download it yet... but i know you did an awesome sub...

Love you so much..:wub:

• Like 3

@tsoon0708 sorry, I opt not to quote your message as paragraph #3 was already being discussed in prior pages, and I believe my take was far from limiting that 'dynamics' -  as I've mentioned, relationships are dynamic.  

What I'm really sad about, is that after all the initial challenges of getting through the still prevalent prejudice against same-sex relationships, lots opted to be hang-up on labels and pre-occupations on the rights to being offended, and impose the same to others (that they became the intolerant themselves).  People would always had something negative to say that would confront and seemed disapproving on the choices and circumstances we've chosen to live with. But we can also choose to ignore it (and not rub it to others) as long it won't deny us our rights to access our basic needs and the loving of the people that matters the most.  

Apologies, I won't be spoiling this space further on this matter.  It has to be on another forum.  I'm here for the SOTUS bubble of fun as long as it can be enjoyed as it is.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

I get where you'Re coming from, but please don't forget that a lot of people around here (and other websites) are fairly young and some of them maybe don't have any friends or relatives who are gay (at least that they know). And in many countries it's not common knowledge that the whole husband/wife or seme/uke concepts are insulting to actual LGBT relationships. I bet that many people on here weren't even aware of this until it was brought up in this thread. So, I can't feel upset with them. They didn't mean any harm and they didn't know better. I'd much rather go and tell them why it is upsetting to us, so they'll think about it and educate themselves, rather than bark at people aggressively for something they unknowingly said.

Also, let's not forget that we're talking about a fictional couple here. All of us here in this thread love this couple equally. All of us have a right to love and defend this couple equally. Gay people as well as straight people. Why should we exclude anybody??? Just because we were excluded ourselves? Shouldn't we know better?

And, to be honest, I don't want to exclude straight people from thinking about gay couples (even non-fictional ones) at all. I would prefer if the whole discussion was considered ALL of our business, because only that way we can mend the gaps in society.

its still homophobic and theyre still the ones at fault, they cant help being ignorant of course but its still not my job to teach them how to treat me like a human, the correct response would be to educate themselves and try not to make any future mistakes.

and (straight) views on fiction entirely reflects how they treat people in society, its still sexualizing gay ppl its still disrespectful and all the rest.

im also young but i still experience homophobia, and they still perpetuate it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lesbian said:

guess i have to be gay on my own.. the only post i saw abt it was one i made myself lmao

but pear

i was hoping from the beginning she was gay but didnt think it was likely and she was my favorite character from the start too (shes so pretty i have a huge crush on her) and its been hours since i watched the episode but my heart is still so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just love her so much and love seeing other lesbians !!!!!!!!

Several people on here are queer. It's pretty obvious when reading between the lines.

Or did you mean you were the only talking about PreaPailin? If so, then you probably missed some posts. There were various people who got excited about her confession, I know because I was one of them. Also @delightful went all red font about it here, heh. And several people had mentioned it before her too.

So, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

• Like 5

hello, delurking for the first time like other newbies here :DThanks to @delightful for the amazing, quick subs and novel translations!

So excited for the 2nd half of the series here! I'm dying to know if/when Kongpope will take advantage of his "prize" for winning the basketball games (since I haven't read the novel). I'm not ready for upcoming angst :tears:

• Like 7

Just now, tsoon0708 said:

Several people on here are queer. It's pretty obvious when reading between the lines.

Or did you mean you were the only talking about PreaPailin? If so, then you probably missed some posts. There were various people who got excited about her confession, I know because I was one of them. Also @delightful went all red font about it here, heh. And several people had mentioned it before her too.

anyway........................... i havent search through everything here i joined literally an hour ago and theres other websites in the world. i had seen no one talking about it and i was excited & pleased so anyway.................................

4 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

sorry i dont know the exact spelling of her name lmao ive seen different translations and that was what they used

• Like 1

It's 5.30am here, i should have written my paper, for the deadline is tomorrow. But here i am, reading all these postings LOL..and then saw the eng sub for ep 8 already had been uploaded...BANG...byebye paper:phew:

Thank you @delightful for making us non-Thai speaker understand p'Arthit and his 0062 (love) story and ofc for ur comments in the series as well, it's enjoyable to read :) and also thankyou @originalnickname for those lovely BL drama lists and BGMs.

and WELCOME to all new members , those who were silent readers all this time, but finally decided to "came out". Let's have some fun here guys!

Here is my welcoming gift for you :lol:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Kongpob licked his lips while staring at P'Arthit:wub:

• Like 11

Guest delightful
1 hour ago, lesbian said:

straight people are missing out on so much when they watch this and other lgbt series some of my favorite moments which seemed so obvious to me seem to have completely flown right past all the straights. also straight ppls descriptions of gay ppl are so strange like reading books w gay characters written by straights like have you ever been gay before thats not how it works, on here when theyre all talking abt kong & arthits feelings they just ????? are so wrong abt everything imgo (in my gay opinion)

Thank you for enlightening us with these views. Like you said, many of the members here are young and I'm sure many of us here are women. I am a woman and as far as I know I am straight. I would never of had known a gay person would take such things as being called a 'wifey' as a bad thing. I've had and still have many gay friends, but we don't talk about things like this. So again, thank you for enlightening us.

With that said, this thread/community is made up of many younger members. We were fed these things from the media, from the K-Pop boyband member's services to Japanese anime that usually always portray one as being 'tougher' than the other one. And this community/fangirl base stemmed from those things. I don't think many of us are seeing this fictional couple as how all real life gay couples act. It's the same as a male/female coupling in a drama. Do we expect to watch Song Joongki from DOTS and think all men are like him? No, we know better, yet we still fan girl over his role. It is the same thing with Arthit and Kongpope. Bittersweet may not or she may be gay herself, I'm not sure, but we can't deny that she can write one good love story. It's hard to accomplish that in my opinion.

Lastly, this community is here to support and love SOTUS The Series, nothing more and nothing less. Even if it's totally wrong or disgusting to you as a gay person, this is what this community is. We love this fictional coupling and we live off of every information we get on them. I subbed that GMM Live Chat with Kate and I can tell you that Krist was not being negative at all when he said he was the 'wife', and yes, he did say the Thai word for wife (Mia). I see it as an actor understanding his role in a series that was handed to him. He said he came to that answer by judging how the characters acted to each other. So please don't hate on Krist for his answer to a fan's question. Like us, he probably doesn't know that it's offensive to you.

Bottom line is, I enjoy and love SOTUS for what it is, a made-up story by a very talented writer. This story was never said to be based on a true story, actually I think Bittersweet wrote that none of the events are related to any real events. So please don't hate us who don't know anymore than what is fed to us. And I might sound stubborn and disrespectful, but I would like to continue my 'fan-girling' and still use the word 'wifey' when I add comments. I think it's an endearing term, I never thought of using it to degrade or label anyone in a negative way.

7 minutes ago, erngust said:

@tsoon0708 sorry, I opt not to quote your message as paragraph #3 was already being discussed in prior pages, and I believe my take was far from limiting that 'dynamics' -  as I've mentioned, relationships are dynamic.  

What I'm really sad about, is that after all the initial challenges of getting through the still prevalent prejudice against same-sex relationships, lots opted to be hang-up on labels and pre-occupations on the rights to being offended, and impose the same to others (that they became the intolerant themselves).  People would always had something negative to say that would confront and seemed disapproving on the choices and circumstances we've chosen to live with. But we can also choose to ignore it (and not rub it to others) as long it won't deny us our rights to access our basic needs and the loving of the people that matters the most.  

Apologies, I won't be spoiling this space further on this matter.  It has to be on another forum.  I'm here for the SOTUS bubble of fun as long as it can be enjoyed as it is.

Oooh, I'm really sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I never meant to imply in that paragraph that you personally were limiting those relationships to the dynamics. I was merely trying to understand where @Sharan Raj was coming from and assumed he was talking about the general tendency to do so. I'm all with you, actually.

4 minutes ago, lesbian said:

its still homophobic and theyre still the ones at fault, they cant help being ignorant of course but its still not my job to teach them how to treat me like a human, the correct response would be to educate themselves and try not to make any future mistakes.

and (straight) views on fiction entirely reflects how they treat people in society, its still sexualizing gay ppl its still disrespectful and all the rest.

im also young but i still experience homophobia, and they still perpetuate it.

Of course it's not your job, but who better to make them understand? Who AT ALL if not those of us who've lived it, really? It's gotta start somewhere. And just crossing one's arms, stating, "I'm the victim and they're offensive, so I'm not going to talk to them." certainly isn't going to change anything for the better. If anything, that attitude will make people stop listening to you and revert back to listening to the very people who spread homophobia. Is that really what you want???

Please don't take this the wrong way... You come across very agressively. I actually wondered briefly if you came here simply to troll, because nobody on this thread attacked you personally, yet your reaction and tone sound as if we have. (I mean, I know you're not a troll. But you basically implied that people who don't even know that they're doing wrong, should just out of nowhere understand they are wrong, and change that without any help whatsoever. There is no logic to that thought, it's exactly what a troll would say to get people riled up...)

• Like 15

1 minute ago, delightful said:

Thank you for enlightening us with these views. Like you said, many of the members here are young and I'm sure many of us here are women. I am a woman and as far as I know I am straight. I would never of had known a gay person would be take such things as being called a 'wifey' as a bad thing. I've had and still have many gay friends, but we don't talk about things like this. So again, thank you for enlightening us.

With that said, this thread/community is made up of many younger members. We were fed these things from the media, from the K-Pop boyband member's services to Japanese anime that usually always portray one as being 'tougher' than the other one. And this community/fangirl base stemmed from those things. I don't think many of us are seeing this fictional couple as how all real life gay couples act. It's the same as a male/female coupling in a drama. Do we expect to watch Song Joongki from DOTS and think all men are like him? No, we know better, yet we still fan girl over his role. It is the same thing with Arthit and Kongpope. Bittersweet may not or she may be gay herself, I'm not sure, but we can't deny that she can write one good love story. It's hard to accomplish that in my opinion.

Lastly, this community is here to support and love SOTUS The Series, nothing more and nothing less. Even if it's totally wrong or disgusting to you as a gay person, this is what this community is. We love this fictional coupling and we live off of every information we get on them. I subbed that GMM Live Chat with Kate and I can tell you that Krist was not being negative at all when he said he was the 'wife', and yes, he did say the Thai word for wife (Mia). I see it as an actor understanding his role in a series that was handed to him. He said he came to that answer by judging how the characters acted to each other. So please don't hate on Krist for his answer to a fan's question. Like us, he probably doesn't know that it's offensive to you.

Bottom line is, I enjoy and love SOTUS for what it is, a made-up story by a very talented writer. This story was never said to be based on a true story, actually I think Bittersweet wrote that none of the events are related to any real events. So please don't hate us who don't know anymore than what is fed to us. And I might sound stubborn and disrespectful, but I would like to continue my 'fan-girling' and still use the word 'wifey' when I add comments. I think it's an endearing term, I never thought of using it to degrade or label anyone in a negative way.

hey i love sotus and kongphob and arthit and its fine for anyone else to, its a good thing for the individuals own enjoyment and for lgbt series's to become popular and be taken seriously in the mainstream, i wasnt trying to be hostile but i realise i couldve came off that way, but when i say as an actual gay person that something is homophobic its best to listen and try to avoid that next time (it will make you a better person) and instead of saying wife why dont you use husband.

and intentions arent everything i dont believ at all that anyone was trying to be harmful but that doesnt change the fact that it is

peace & happiness live laugh love spread joy <3

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tsoon0708 said:

Oooh, I'm really sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I never meant to imply in that paragraph that you personally were limiting those relationships to the dynamics. I was merely trying to understand where @Sharan Raj was coming from and assumed he was talking about the general tendency to do so. I'm all with you, actually.

Of course it's not your job, but who better to make them understand? Who AT ALL if not those of us who've lived it, really? It's gotta start somewhere. And just crossing one's arms, stating, "I'm the victim and they're offensive, so I'm not going to talk to them." certainly isn't going to change anything for the better. If anything, that attitude will make people stop listening to you and revert back to listening to the very people who spread homophobia. Is that really what you want???

Please don't take this the wrong way... You come across very agressively. I actually wondered briefly if you came here simply to troll, because nobody on this thread attacked you personally, yet your reaction and tone sound as if we have. (I mean, I know you're not a troll. But you basically implied that people who don't even know that they're doing wrong, should just out of nowhere understand they are wrong, and change that without any help whatsoever. There is no logic to that thought, it's exactly what a troll would say to get people riled up...)

nonono i love sotus i came here bc no one i know likes it but also id like to be able to enjoy something and talk to ppl who also like it while still being respected, and i know none of its directed at me but all homophobia affects all gay people. sexualizing lgbt identities is wrong, its what homophobes have been doing years and years, while this may be mild in comparision to other forms (eg not violent) its fetishization and enforcing the same ideaology that gay ppl and gayness is inherently sexual . also its just generally intrusive & disrespectful

also me being rude still doesnt excuse homophobia

• Like 1