[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

fullsizephoto631157.jpg

i pass by the profile of heo jung eun, she might even have more dramas in her 4 years of acting. and she is 9 years old (2007)

TV Shows

Movies

• A Hard Day (2014)
  • Montage (2013)
  • Once in a Blue Moon (2011)

• Like 20

15 hours ago, Jillia said:

@stroppyse

I love how you phrased it: "That includes awareness of a man and a woman".

I'm a romantic but even I know when things get cheesy, so I was worried if MDBC could pull the love story off without being cheesy. And oh GURL... did writer-nim and PD-nim do so well and KYJ as Ra On and PBG as Lee Yeong did it so wonderfully. It was anything but cheesy or boring.

Just a beautiful love story of two people who suddenly had only eyes for eachother. And like you said they didn't waver in their love for eachother. You know I was a bit disappointed when Ra On's gender was revealed so soon but on the other hand I was very happy about it because I knew there was no time to drag the confusion between her and Lee Yeong any longer. Also a sageuk finally defying k-drama rules? How can I not be okay with that?

So yes I was very glad to see her gender being revealed so soon. But also, like you, I loved the fact that Lee Yeong wrote his confession before knowing about it. The message is clear: love is love. No matter what gender. For a sageuk that's a pretty strong statement. Of course for the viewer there was never a doubt in Lee Yeong's sexual orientation because we knew Hong Sam Nom is Hong Ra On. But for a Crown Prince at that time... the struggle was real. Especially when he is a man who has no experience with women but suddenly falls for a man. Something like that can turn a confident man like Lee Yeong into a insecure one. And that's why he became so angry as well to mask this state of insecurity and not knowing what to do with his feelings. But when he came to terms with them and made the decision to give in and confess his feelings it made me so happy he intended to confess to Sam Nom. The reveal of Ra On's gender in-between his plan to confess and then the kiss was the cherry on top.

Okay yet again this post is getting longer than I wanted it to be. :D

After rewatching, I noticed some more things in scripts, 

- Eunuch Ma and Princess's servant: Ra On explained to Crown Prince from her mind, it might be from her need to confess but she blocked herself that love confession might let a person be able to live even with separation. Even she might tell herself by speaking to Crown Prince but Crown Prince is the one who thought and applied with confession letter. If he could confess to Eunuch he loves to reflect his unconditional love, later it might be easier to keep on deeply loving traitor's daughter esp. he knew that she did not know about rebellion. 

- Little Princess who locked herself from speaking truth with guilty but fear and Crown Prince's sincerity to let Ra On: these made Ra On be brave to unlock herself to dress as a lady

- Compared to some other TV drama, lead roles might show their love to audiences in the sellable scenes as often kiss or hug BUT Crown Prince and Ra On had almost none skinship or intimacy but they treasured and cared with proactive notices for each other which made audiences feel much more of their love from acting with little things.

For example, Crown Prince dared not inform Ra On that he knew her female identity because Ra On served him as Eunuch while he was comfortable as Crown Prince, it was not proper treatment of lover.  

Ra On tried to let Crown Prince married without guilt as he can't avoid when she was Eunuch in palace or when she had to escape.

- Last but not least, as you mentioned cheesy or not. In my opinion, it depended on how lead actor and lead actress act, showing sellable acts or being the characters who do love each other so they naturally express their love. The latter is what Crown Prince and Ra On acted by Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung had done to let characters go with the flow of love expressions as a man and a woman who have realized their love.

After this high bar of natural love expressions in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, I felt a little strange to hard-sales love scene formula in some other TV dramas.

• Like 19

10 hours ago, shisuisen said:

Honestly, the three main broadcast stations' drama award shows are usually a farce. Basically those who attended would get an award and those (more deserving ones) who didn't attend didn't win anything. There have been exception of course, but I usually take these award shows with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless, I would still want to see our Moonlight main cast to attend the KBS Drama Award Show (especially the Moonlight main OTP), and it's a given that they would win Best Couple Award. I would be quite annoyed if they do give Yoo Jung a New Best Actress award or something like that just because it's her first female leading role. :expressionless: The Director-nim should also win for Best Cinematography. :D

What you said about the  Korea Awards System being a farce for most part is true. Properly speaking,  it can termed more accurately as the KOREAN "RATINGS" SYSTEM AWARDS. In the Korean context, awards are like "thank you's" to the cast and crew for bringing in the ratings that would mean high revenues for  the stations. We all know that high ratings IS NOT automatically  synonymous with quality or excellence.  This is where MDBC IS an exception. From all fronts MDBC is undoubtedly a gem of a drama. The public and media  have  stamped the seal of excellence on the drama. So on Dec. 31 during the KBS awards, I am sure they will rake in many awards not only because of the ratings but MORE SO because of the stellar acting ,  direction, screenplay, cinematography, and musical scoring. MDBC for the win!!!

• Like 23

8 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

I think I'm the only one who hasn't watched DOTS drama (I am not interested - sorry). So I DO believe that the couple award will go to our BoYoo :D:D:heart:

Is there such a KBS Best Kiss Award?, it should go to Moonlight first kiss too !!

@PororoQueen I like your idea. :) Maybe they should add this award.

Be it the kiss in the garden.. Or the kiss in ep 13... Or the one within the flower beds... Our heart will skip beating for 3.5 secs

The Best Kiss should undoubtedly be won by YeongOn couple by a landslide haha

• Like 16

11 hours ago, shisuisen said:

Honestly, the three main broadcast stations' drama award shows are usually a farce. Basically those who attended would get an award and those (more deserving ones) who didn't attend didn't win anything. There have been exception of course, but I usually take these award shows with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless, I would still want to see our Moonlight main cast to attend the KBS Drama Award Show (especially the Moonlight main OTP), and it's a given that they would win Best Couple Award. I would be quite annoyed if they do give Yoo Jung a New Best Actress award or something like that just because it's her first female leading role. :expressionless: The Director-nim should also win for Best Cinematography. :D

I second that! The cinematography is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. They should win!

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

@stroppyse

I love how you phrased it: "That includes awareness of a man and a woman".

I'm a romantic but even I know when things get cheesy, so I was worried if MDBC could pull the love story off without being cheesy. And oh GURL... did writer-nim and PD-nim do so well and KYJ as Ra On and PBG as Lee Yeong did it so wonderfully. It was anything but cheesy or boring.

Just a beautiful love story of two people who suddenly had only eyes for eachother. And like you said they didn't waver in their love for eachother. You know I was a bit disappointed when Ra On's gender was revealed so soon but on the other hand I was very happy about it because I knew there was no time to drag the confusion between her and Lee Yeong any longer. Also a sageuk finally defying k-drama rules? How can I not be okay with that?

So yes I was very glad to see her gender being revealed so soon. But also, like you, I loved the fact that Lee Yeong wrote his confession before knowing about it. The message is clear: love is love. No matter what gender. For a sageuk that's a pretty strong statement. Of course for the viewer there was never a doubt in Lee Yeong's sexual orientation because we knew Hong Sam Nom is Hong Ra On. But for a Crown Prince at that time... the struggle was real. Especially when he is a man who has no experience with women but suddenly falls for a man. Something like that can turn a confident man like Lee Yeong into a insecure one. And that's why he became so angry as well to mask this state of insecurity and not knowing what to do with his feelings. But when he came to terms with them and made the decision to give in and confess his feelings it made me so happy he intended to confess to Sam Nom. The reveal of Ra On's gender in-between his plan to confess and then the kiss was the cherry on top.

Okay yet again this post is getting longer than I wanted it to be. :D

Love is love. It was very clever use of flashbacks. Because at the end of Ep 7 when they kissed, I remember we had a big debate about whether he already knew Sam Nom was female or not. I think after he rescued her from the Qing envoy, he already decided he wanted Sam Nom to always stay by his side. But he was conflicted about his feelings. How could he love a man?

Then the big reveal about Sam Nom in the beginning of Ep 8. The aha moment when we realized why CP smiled when Sam Nom closed his/her eyes for the kiss.

It was really naughty of CP to tease Sam Nom throughout Ep 8 and I am glad that the CP confessed his feelings within the episode.

• Like 16

Park Bo Gum's Fan Meeting Ticket War might be more fierce

Medias and Fan Meeting Organizers broadcast more news in Regional countries

23 minutes ago, Jillia said:

"We all know that high ratings IS NOT automatically  synonymous with quality or excellence.  This is where MDBC IS an exception."

I saw what you did there, @Grace1003! ;) 

Agreed with you guys.

Drama TV Award for the deserved ones is still worth to watch and valuable recognitions to casts and crews esp. for their coming projects to be casted or approved. As we knew how influencial the main channels and the key cables are to the showbiz people. 

I thought no exact formula applied to all. Facts should be individually analyzed.

I objects some sour grapes who unreasonably attempts to create delusional theory to distort for their favorite ones. 

Production Budget, Rating and Quality might not have correlation. 

Some high quality including great acting as Moonlight Drawn By Clouds could achieve high rating and well response from audiences and medias.

Some low rating TV drama has also had low quality. 

Some Pre-Produced TV drama could be successful while some might not.

Some large budget Production might show quality while some failed. 

• Like 13

I was watching the video where they mentioned bloopers within the drama, e.g. when Sam Nom as the dancer did not have the mask on during the dream dance sequence. Actually, kudos to the production team because there is more room for error when you film live and they only caught 4 bloopers?

1. dream dance sequence (Sam Nom sans mask)

2. the lost shoe in Ep 6

3. The missing beads on Yoon Sung's gat during the rain scene

4. The extra assassin sent to kill CP. 

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I remember the discussions after episode 7, @NRGchick.

To me when I watched the episode and I saw Lee Yeong smile my first reaction was "Don't laugh at her!". I knew his character and I knew he wouldn't tease her to kiss her when he doesn't mean it. But I really thought for a moment he was laughing at her. And I wasn't okay with that because closing her eyes is a big move. Ra On made herself vulnerable to whatever Lee Yeong is going to do.

So unlike other Moonlighters in the thread who were simply relieved that Lee Yeong knew Ra On is a woman before he kissed her. I was happy because the revelation of her gender in the flashback revealed the reason for why he smiled. First because their love isn't a lost cause but mostly because with Ra On closing her eyes it became clear she reciprocates his feelings. It was not a teasing but adorable and warm smile - okay maybe a tiny bit of teasing but only for second and then Lee Yeong went right in for kiss.

And yes he was quiet naughty in episode 8. Like I mentioned before while I believe it wasn't his intention to hurt her or to confuse her with his teasing. He was simply happy and in love and went for it. I'm also glad they didn't drag this state of confusion for Ra On. Also it's a trademark of Ra On's and Lee Yeong's relationship to resolve such conflicts right away.

I have just rewatched episode 7-9 continuously and analyzed their feeling from the beginning of confession to end of both's love acceptance, theirs could be as follows

- In secret garden, after he knew her woman identity, he still confessed as he decided after listening to Ra On even he was afraid of losing Ra On, he might smile from his happiness that Ra On felt the same. 

- He restrained to tell Ra On that he knew her woman identity because he dared not to from different status and gap of treatment as he mentioned in ep9. However, he wanna treat Ra On better and be sweet with Ra On as he felt so he did in umbrella scene. 

- I really like the scene when Ra On was jealous from Cho Noble Daughter in the garden getting rejected gift back from Crown Prince. This scene showed her woman's jealousy even she still hid her identity but she hoped Crown Prince would love only Hong Sam Nom. 

- This amazing scene too, In the bracelet giving, Park Bo Gum's acting was thoroughly presented even with his tears to be welled up in his eyes over conversations but not flowed down. Kim Yoo Jung's acting filled with changed emotions from hesitated, fear, uncertain, appreciative, and refrained. Thump Up to both of them. 

28 minutes ago, Jillia said:

For 3. I caught another mistake. I think Yoon Sung wore a different gatkeun (beads) in the store, then under the straw roof and later sans the gatkeun. I will confirm it or not as soon as I'm home where I can check it. :) 

Hide contents

which had a couple months of pre- and post-production before airing. ;) 

Haha, Like esp in spoiler.

@parmma Really like their natural acting in gif

• Like 17

Snippets from happy together, both Eunuch Jang and BY want to win best couple with CP, they made me burst out laughing, these two :D

Evil queen said she felt apologetic that she had to slap YJ so hard and praised her for being a professional and great actress, oh my poor YJ, it hurts to rewatch those slapping scenes

Someone did a modern version of mdbc cast haha

• Like 15