[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

i skip certain comment because it doesnt matter. i still shipped kikyo. 

6357706607552600801372843187_giphy.gif

i hope some of you dont cause joongkyo and friends stressed. please appreciate their dedication and initiative  to share with us their findings. 

thank you very much for sharing you findings! much2 appreciated.

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 cents' worth.

Q: What are you like when you are dating someone? Is your romance style similar to that of the character Yoo Shi-jin?

A: I learned a lot from my character. I thought to myself, “So this is what you have to do to make your girlfriend happy.” Our scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook made the character, and I understand why so many female viewers fell in love with him. He says things that women want to hear. If I were like him, I would have been much more popular. But do you think men like him really exist? As writer Kim said, it seems like a fantasy. 

My conclusion:

SJK  learnt a lot from YSJ,  how to be popular with SHK - by giving her what woman loves to hear - "Piao liang" (Beautiful). "Zhen De Piao Liang" (Really Beautiful).   "Zhen De Zhen De Piao Liang" (Really, Really Beautiful - he muttered below his breath).

And that WASN'T SCRIPTED. He learnt so he could benefit the woman who has a special place in his heart - SHK. Whether it's romance, love, fuzzy feeling, heart-fluttering etc, no doubt she holds a special place in his heart at this moment. It's reinforced by him repeatedly mentioning her name in his PC today or HK PC where he included her in his answers, making it a couple opinion. It's evident by their group dates and rendezvous. It's most evident in NYC.

You gotta start somewhere in a relationship, right?

What keeps me going? Sparks flying between them of course. I'm talking about off-screen.

Curious about how much SongSong were paid for the drama? 

They were both paid the same amount of 60 Million Won per episode which is approx 52,315.20 USD (A total of 16 episodes means they earned around 837,000 USD - please keep in mind that in S.Korea unlike Hollywood actors make more money doing CFs rather than actual dramas/movies.).

However industry insiders speculate that after the massive success of DOTS, their asking amount especially for SJK could become 5 times that amount (meaning 300 Million Won per episode which is approx 261,576.00 USD). Which would make SongSong the highest paid actors in S.Korea (by far!)

Looks like SJK charges USD 1,744,300  for each CF deal he signs. Whereas SHK charges USD 872,150 for each of her CF deals. (Though, I am guessing this amount too will increase due to DOTS's success).

restmb_idxmake.php?idx=93&simg=%2Fconten

Source http://superich.co.kr/superich/view.php?ud=20160415000498&sec=01-74-02 

I JUST FINISHED WATCHING EPISODE 16 AND IT KILLED ME!!!! I NEVER CRIED TO A DRAMA LIKE THIS BEFORE (WELL BOYS OVER FLOWERS) BUT DESCENDANTS OF THE SUN IS ANOTHER STORY. I'VE NEVER SIGNED UP IN A FORUM LIKE THIS BEFORE. MY LOVE FOR DoTS IS DIFFERENT. 

STILL BACK READING THE THREAD!!! HELLO GUYS!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO!!! DoTS WONT MAKE ME SLEEP! IM STILL ON A REVERIE!!!

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEY DON'T MEANT WHAT THEY SAID IN EVERY WORD/LINES THEY'VE STATED IN THE SHOW. MOST OF US SEE THE GLOW IN EACH OTHER'S EYES. IT MAY NOT BE NOW, BUT LET'S WAIT. HOPING TO SEE THEM IN ANOTHER DRAMA! SO THEY CAN STILL WORK TOGETHER! IT'S UNDENIABLE THAT THEY ALREADY HAVE FEELINGS FOR EACH OTHER. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE KOREAN SHOW BUSINESS INDUSTRY, BUT MOST COUPLE KEPT DENYING IT AT FIRST. WELL AS WHAT I'VE OBSERVED HERE IN MY COUNTRY (PHILIPPINES), THE AGENCY WILL DO ANYTHING TO HIDE IT, TO DENY IT EVEN IF WE CAN SEE A LOT OF HINTS AND PROOFS. AS A FAN OF ONE DIRECTION AS WELL, THAT BOY BAND'S AGENCY KEPT ON HIDING AND HIDING THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY MAKE A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF THEM. AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THEY WILL HIDE IT UNLESS THE ARTIST ITSELF WILL SUGGEST TO TAKE RISK. 

PATIENCE, TEAM!!!! BUT OMO!!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THEIR CONFESSION ANYMORE. JINJA!!!! 

YAAA TALK TO ME!!!! SJK-SHK COUPLE SAIL!!!! :heart:

I came across this

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1052330418157949

SJK went drinking with YAI after he was discharged and drink with Signal PD as well. YAI even sent his script Veteran to SJK in the army.

Reading his interview how he said when he was injured, she changed her schedule to accomodate the filming and to film all the crying scenes together. It must be really hard on her. She did it FOR him and he really admired her dedication. So, he's going to learn this from her and would do same thing for his future coworkers. Very touching. Lol 

That's how I interpreted it. 

Wow! They actually broke the 40%+ rating on the Finale eh? 

Know what guys? If you really thought about this, Descendants of the Sun  is not really what you can call a "Superb" Drama, hence it's really a mellow drama, with the right amount of action, drama and straight laced romance, but if you're looking for story depth and superb story telling by the cast and masterfully crafted plot and twists, this is NOT the DRAMA for you. I can attest to this (long time fan and watcher of Asian dramas here, even American/Latin and ect). There are far more superior dramas than DoTS, but sad to say the great acting of these actors and their efforts were overshadowed and not appreciated by many due to different and numerous things, like bad time schedule/ less to almost no promotion and snob reception by their native nation. Meanwhile DoTS does not comprise of your typical revenge type, triangle romance, bitter- in-laws, deceptive lovers/spouses; complex and-ohso-deep-plot and twist dramas, hence for me, what makes DoTS a memorable drama, and the Current, Undisputed, Hottest Drama today is the fact that they we're lucky that the top billed actors have a very pleasing chemistry and both are Eye candy!

Let's face it,most dramas today are comprise with almost one top billed actors/actresses and a mediocre cast/ B-class actors w/ great supporting cast and characters/ top billed actors w/ strong supporting casts or most commonly, top idols that are branching to acting paired with senior and established actors. But DoTS is very very lucky that Masses, their native nation and the International fans (Raise your hands if you're one! I know am raising both of mine! XD) are very receptive and instantly fell deeply -oh-so-inlove with the drama and the whole casts, even though they're lacking in story depth, they made-up with it, with a straight no none sense story, right from the start and those oh sooooo freaking Smooth as velt-panty melting/dropping lines of Song Joong Ki, Who wouldn't love those right? The simplicity of the drama, the lovable lead characters and adorable supporting cast, the good looking villain and most of all, there's just about something fresh and something good and positive in this drama. It might be the Chemistry of the lead actors, or what but, what the heck, everybody loved it! 

I think what I want to say is that Descendant of the Sun is one lucky  drama! it peaked in the right moment and the producers did the right things in promotions and such. It's a very blessed drama coz it's widely loved and the Song-Song couple have gained so much in this project. They've established new friendship along with all the cast and the 4 leads are enjoying their hard earned fame. It's so hard for other dramas to achieve such a breakthrough in rating and popularity but they did it one fell swoop . I commend Song Hye Gyo and Kim Ji Won for a job well done in acting out the emotions of someone who loss their lovers who're KIA (killed-in-action). SHG really did improve her acting skill, those red teary eyed, when she got the news that Capt. Yoo is dead, it's so full of emotions, you can't help but think that she is actually living it. She has improved a LOT! Compared to her bird-brain acting in Full House w/ Rain. I think SHG can truly shut up her naysayers that she's just a pretty face. Nope, you guys are a m0r0n! There are tons of Actresses that are treated like a goddess in Korea but doesn't have a ZILCH of acting skills even if their lives depends on it. But SGH is not one of those, she proved it in the That Winter, the Wind blows, and she's done it again. How about Song Joong Ki? Him- I've always worried about coz I felt that with his pretty face, boy-next-door, look he does not fit a manly character, You Know what I mean right?  but he proved us wrong when he did Innocent Man. He was darn good in that drama! (Go watch if you haven't!)  and After his Mandatory Military Service, He just exudes Masculinity in this drama. The maturity and the facet that he presented was one hell of an improvement! Kudos to those actors/ actresses that continue to hone their craft! They are one of those! 

About their private lives, I can only say one thing, ALL OF US can CONTINUE to SPECULATE what their REAL RELATIONSHIP IS, BUT WE ARE ALL OUTSIDERS LOOKING IN on THEIR PRIVATE LIVES. We DO NOT KNOW, Nor WE MIGHT or MIGHT NOT KNOW AT All the REAL SCORE BETWEEN THEM But it's their prerogative. Let's just bask in this win. Let us enjoy the moment, relish it, because it's truly a success for them. Kudos to this drama! What a roller coaster ride! I've enjoyed it well, I know we all do here. Let's continue to support these couple, REEL or REAL. :) 

I don't understand why some people get affected by SJK calling SHK noona today. I mean we know that they have dinner together, coffee together ... They spent time together and I doubt that he calls her noona in private even if they are just close friends. Don't forget that SJK will protect SHK and his private life at all cost. Someone said "your eyes say it when your lips fail to express it" for now I don't need confirmation of these both beautiful souls, I don't need to read an article titled SJK and SHK are dating. I just need them to be happy and healthy and look in their eyes when they are together. They say it all. 

@joongkyo I always love what you write in this forum. You always amazing I love you 

For all of you in this forum I love your write about song2 couple in here. And I also agree they have private life so we must respect with that right. If the time will come to confess to public both of them will be do it. But this time just see both of them happy in their real life it's will be oke for me. 

I love if shk and sjk be happy in their real life. 

I know sjk can be a man who can make shk happy and fell safe. He is a caring boy also protected. Eyes can't lie and your eyes talk about love. 

Just be waiting both of you till the wedding come and they will announced that. Be passion friend wish will be come true.

Right know give time for shk and sjk to enjoy their relationship oke.

Sorry my English is not really good enough.

By now, how he addresses SHK shouldn't matter specially at public events like PCs. I think we have stronger evidence brought before us by many of our contributors to even consider otherwise. They laid out so many evidence to prove how CLOSE they are with each other. Individual Fans of SJK and SHK enlightened us about their true nature of being introvert when it comes to personal things (specially dating stuff). Then we have the true fans' detailed analysis of how they are behaving around each other and how happy they look lately. For me these evidences are enough to understand why he is being inconsistent with his words when addressing her. 

You are entitled to hope for big announcements(so did I...even though I knew deep down in my heart that the wait will be longer than this). However, it is not fair to doubt them AT THIS POINT for calling her Noona/Sunbae. For me this ship is stronger than being shattered by some defensive words used by our captain during the PRESS CONFERENCE where thousands of reporters are earring to snatch one juicy word from him to make it into a speculation.

So those who are worried, don't be. Look how far we have come from that unsure New York Shopping news. I was a silent reader back then, came out here with a doubtful mind but now I am more than convinced enough to get worried by these things. I hope you all ( if you really are a true shippers) will be able to do the same. We are moving forth, this TITANIC SHIP ain't gonna sink. :) 

They are both individual who prefer to keep their personal life private..even though they are public figure..so surely we cannot see them or hear from them about dating...choi ji woo boyfriend is the lead actor in Mbc drama mr black??? Sorry I forgot the title...even they wer couple sometimes he call her noona..just sadly they broke up already after he was discharge from the army..k k k ..many Korean celebrities are dating secretly that were not revealed..many restaurants have exclusivity when it comes to their costumer..during star king before one celebrity chef revealed that he knew so many celebrities dating and even dining in their restaurant that even the media did not know... So guys if ever both are dating surely we cannot see proof or pictures ...its really very hard to see that..I'm just a little upset that some are very pushy to get information and proof that both are really dating...I believe that something going on between them 

Miss the Hong Kong PC so much. Best day in my shipping life. So many spazzing moments, and of course the fist bump. Oh yes, the fist bump. I'm suffering from withdrawal symtomp after Dots end. This thread keeps me alive. Thank you all for all amazing news and analyses about our Opt.

Until SJK categorically deny the dating rumor with SHK, I will continue to ship SongSong.  He had many chances/opportunities to do so but he chose to instead divert his answers.  He could have just simply deny it from the very beginning knowing that he's a straighforward person. They don't need any more "promotional material" for DoTS.

I have invested many days and nights for SongSong, I will not back down simply because at times he calls/refers to SHK as noona/sunbaenim.  For me, for SJK calling SHK noona/sunbaenim sometimes (or even at all times publicly!) is a form of an endearment. And so the next time I hear him say that, I will feel giddy and not sulk.

SongSong/KiKyo forever! :heart:

i was watching jo in sung and kyo's kissing scene. the one at the end i think...

i think its funny because he bites her lips and try to open her mouth...but she just dont? she just wont give in to in sung...

well to me the most telling about the kikyo was lee kwang soo, because back in hong kong when he was asked about  kikyo r/ship he said 'no comment' instead he can at least said no, nothing 

but this couple does makes me curious..because of their body language are obviously attracted to each other..

nevermind with the reference of 'reliable dongsaeng' or 'sunbae' or 'noona'..just because..

tumblr_inline_nvhjyd2NPQ1rqjjyk_500.gif

1 minute ago, nefer said:

Until SJK categorically deny the dating rumor with SHK, I will continue to ship SongSong.  He had many chances/opportunities to do so but he chose to instead divert his answers.  He could have just simply deny it from the very beginning knowing that he's a straighforward person. They don't need any more "promotional material" for DoTS.

I have invested many days and nights for SongSong, I will not back down simply because at times he calls/refers to SHK as noona/sunbaenim.  For me, for SJK calling SHK noona/sunbaenim sometimes (or even at all times publicly!) is a form of an endearment. And so the next time I hear him say that, I will feel giddy and not sulk.

NO DENIAL!!!! MOSTLY DIVERTED ANSWERS!!!! HMMM :heart::heart::heart:

I'VE SEEN WAY TOO MANY THINGS LIKE THIS BEFORE, THEN ONE DAY, THEY WILL JUST INVITE US TO THEIR WEDDING!!! YAY! :blush:

23 minutes ago, nefer said:

I couldn't agree you more, chingu. 

I have been thinking for weeks within two months - if shk were with someone else, how can 'her man's lets her hang out with joong ki and friends, esp SJK. If shk with someone else, how come they met up in NY, if she were in relationship with someone else, how come 'her man' let her spending (mid) nights with other guys. I remember what Si Jin says to MY, "Don't dare drinking with other guy?" Is that his ad lib? (To tell you the truth, I m hanging my other ship in there just to support kikyo, if someday kikyo do get married, and I would regret myself  if not joining this thread). 

I don't doubt there is something brewing between kikyo: they make love so real as a freedom man, so, this is very suspicious, whole world support them even koreadispatch labels them as best couple, and likers of the pic commented "make it real, pls dating, get married and so on", so pls, more people pray for them, so God, make it real really soon. 

@joongkyo

Is there something in the first and second pic: sjk's and shk's 2014 Photoshoot? Tell me, us

SJK said : "SHK is too good to me" ( "She is at higher level so I can't reach her", this what I understand). Is this true??? 

I just read this in Eng. verse so I hope it was a misunderstanding of translation :bawling: :bawling:

5 hours ago, twtwb said:

Happy Together

Many thanks, everyone, for your updates, comments and support. A big thank goes to the translators. I might have spent much more time here than I expected which has some impact on my daily work and life but I don't regret it at all. As a matter of fact, I am very thankful. It is hard to find a place with so many hearts where people come together because of love and share their love in a very lively, lovely, sometimes innocent and most of the time very respectful manner. Your posts indeed bring a lot of smiles to me. And I hope to continue to see that spirit in this thread. Whatever differences you have, I hope that we will continue to stay happy together as we have one common thread which has helped to connect us: our love and/or for Song Hye Kyo and/or Song Joong Ki individual and as a couple onscreen and offscreen.  

Again, I am not claiming that I have inside information to be sure of their relationship status. In other words, I can’t say where they are in their relationship at the moment. But from the observation of a guy who has experience in love and in life, I can say that at least for now, these two are happy together and like spending time with each other. 

As to whether, how and when they should make their relationship public if they are indeed in a relationship, I don’t think I am in the position to advise. They are both mature people with a lot of experience and stakes at hand and will make decisions that are best for them. More than anyone else, they know what would be in their best interests whether to confirm, stay silent or deny. As long as they are happy, I would support their decision. 

For now, let us treasure the moment of them being happy together and of us being happy together. Let us enjoy the moment while we can and as long as we can.

Credit of photo: photo owner

Thank you so much for all of your gentle and heart-touching messages @twtwb ^_^ Reading your words remind me the reason why I like this community/ship this much. It's so good that after a long day of working, I'm back home, relax and now I have an additional place that make me feel so comfortable. Together we share the same love towards two unique creations and I think it's one of the greatest gifts that DOTs bring to them. The cast of a successful drama can receive incredible fame, huge profit, turning point in their careers but from my point of view, the precious "value" they receive is the friendship with the cast, the bond with the whole team and the infinite love from the audiences/shippers/supporters. 

And I am being amazed of how come many people (who had been acquaintances before) gather here, positively, lovely, enthusiastically exchange their true point of views on KiKyo, wish for the couple's happiness in the most genuine way. Being here, I can show my support to Hye Kyo, Joong Ki and KiKyo naturally, truthfully and knowing that I'm being heard. :)

Thank you again, twtwb for starting this awesome thread and keep the fierce as well as its core values, I truly appreciate it ^_^

And kudos to you my lovely shippers :rolleyes: Thank you so much for all of your enthusiastic and quick updates along with full-of-emotion-post that make my day much more interesting and exciting ^_^ let's keep sailing B) 

Archived