What is evil, what is good?

CamelKnight

Well, since @angelangie thought it was a good idea to start a new thread regarding evil vs good in 

I thought I'd might as well start it off :)

So what is evil? And what is good?

I personally think it all comes down to a person's upbringing and social environment. Things I deem to be good, might be deemed evil by others. Or at least bad. For instance, I have no problem eating pork. I LOVE bacon. If there was a party called "Bacon Party" and they'd want to make a law that you need to eat bacon everyday, I would most likely vote for it :).

However, there are plenty of religions who are fiercely against anything pork-related. In their opinion, me consuming pork is most likely bad and would be frowned upon.

Let's be clear, I'm not starting a religious war here. I'm merely saying that what one person thinks is good, another person might thinks is bad.

As said, it's all down to upbringing and social environment. If you're used to something being good or at least okay, than you yourself will most likely think there's nothing wrong. If your family for instance, has had to get by by stealing groceries, it's easy to understand that you don't think stealing is such a bad thing.

So what do you think? What would you deem to be evil? Is shoplifting evil? If not, would hurting someone (knocking their teeth out) be evil? Killing someone? Where would you draw the line?

Archived