[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest nchoerunnisa

JH with his noble idiocy ---> Coward, indecisive
TK with his noble idiocy ---> Awe... awe... awe... awesome!

Uh la la... Like I've ever said... I don't mind if some people don't like JH... but please give me a proper reason.. the reasonable, objective, and unbiased one...

Let's say JH decided to continue to get close with DS. Would've they praised him for being so brave and straightforward?
I doubt that... probably they would've come up with another complain like: "How could he do that? At least TK decides to back off"

But you know what? JUDGING PEOPLE DOESN'T DEFINE WHO THEY ARE, IT DEFINES WHO YOU ARE ;)
So I'll let them be..

Beside, in Replyland... The first male leads were never the perfect one... They're always the guy with a little bit flaws... and the viewers would see them growing up and learning from their mistakes throughout the story...

---YJ blamed SW for not noticing his feeling for her... until finally JH verbally slapped him.
---Trash Oppa was hesitating too much to reciprocate NJ's feeling... until he realized he could've lost NJ to CB.

So let's consider it as some sort of indirect assurance from them... that JH is the first male lead here... hohoho
---------

Guys... Guys... Guys... I want to ask you... The scene where JH was peeking DS practicing through his window in Episode 1... Did it happen after or before the alley scene? I'm confused with the timeline...

11 minutes ago, Asha Mizuki said:

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!

There were 2 taxi episodes for Reply 1997 not sure which one is the first but here's the guest list:

- Eunji, then they went and pick up SIG, then Shin Won Ho PD

- SIG and Eun Ji Won, Eunji then joined later ---->>>>> did you see this? JH is the husband after all. Look at the parallelism, YYJ (SIG) is the husband and DHC (EJW) is one of the friends. JH (RJY)  is the husband and DR (DH) is one of the friends 

I'm shaking :w00t:

Can you give me the link? I havent watched it yet HAHAHHAHA, even I really love R97 back then

2 hours ago, tituyphing said:

@papulichan @dinhie my dear, about the left handed is based on Kim Joo Hyuk's real life, he is left handed, and I was the one who brought that to the MT way back then on earlier episode when everything were calm ahaha. And I regret it now, that ppl fixated on that, thought just want to bring some trivia fact about Kim Joo Hyuk back then, because I love him in 1N2D. Some shippers then trying to fits everything in 2015 scene to that. And please don't forget Taek only eat with left hand, he write with right hand (check epi 6 or 7 when he call DS for his Father's gift) kkkkk~~ so yeah~~ 

About banmal thing hahaha, well when 2015 husband says he need 10years to speaks banmal with Noeul is a joke to reciprocate DS's statement to NE "why do you keep getting older?", and yes Taek speaks banmal to Noeul whe he came to DS's house brings fruit and NE asks for his signs. Though I never once think this banmal thingy is a clue, i remember the scenes :) hope it helps and I hope you don't stress too much about it~~^^

Yep...Yep....Yep..... That's what I thought too ! When KJH says that to Noeul(2015) ... I simply thought he was being sarcastic ... Like how he said that the "little" wound on Noeul foot "needed like couple hrs. surgery"..... just to mock DS who always mollycoddle her dongsaeng.... That's it ! Never once took it as a clue.....

BTW , KJH is HOTTTTTTTTTTTT !! I'm loving the fact that he is "playing  adult version of JH"....hahaha!!

• Like 11

hello , I'm newbie here . btw when DS ( LMY ) interviewed, there is a seat right in front of the animal print motif with zebra motif . 
My eyes focused on the chair. Why the chair in front of LMY , when he was in the interview ?? 
I know eomma ra mi Ran often wear animal motifs . 
right??? Aaa is this code ?? or a trick ?? 
but I am very happy , if itis a code.

#teamJunghwan cayoo 
DS is JH

Edited by MyGigikelinci
  • Like 3

Omo... You guys!...your posts compete with the speed of light......ZOOOMMMMMM........ I had to catch my breath a couple of times....... KUDOS !!!! xwJNga.gif

With all you here (do you ever sleep uri jjang chingudeul)...analyzing sensibly with sheer commonsense which has been quite uncommon "somewhere else " right now.... Just brightens my day come what may...in the Finale week....

1FRubQ.gif

55.jpg

tumblr_nno6tqchg81tspz4co1_r1_500.gif

• Like 18

omggg I'm so happy reading your posts saying RJY is going to guest on taxi!!!!  aaaack. what a great way to start my day!

this is off topic

Spoiler

I've been watching youth before flowers in iceland, this season is REALLY good so fun to watch and one of the reason is oppa-ya is in it. I just can't help but to hope that Na PD will cast the R88 guys for another season of YBF. like that would be so amazing to see RJY in such a great show!! doesn't he love travelling too? I want to see LDH & PBG & GKP in it too. it would be a dream come true if that happens.

wow this thread never fails to stop at all!! you guys don't sleep ? haha just jk because we are in different time zone hence this thread is forever so hot!!

Anyway if you guys has instagram , eyeonryu has translated a conversation between Jun Yeol and TK manager which has been promoted recently in R1988 drama. (it is amusing , hehe !)  Poor Jun Yeol (JH) still in the midst of missing his first love..

5h1IEN2.jpg

cr:eyesonryu

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

wow this thread never fails to stop at all!! you guys don't sleep ? haha just jk because we are in different time zone hence this thread is forever so hot!!

Anyway if you guys has instagram , eyeonryu has translated a conversation between Jun Yeol and TK manager which has been promoted recently in R1988 drama. LOL!!  Poor Jun Yeol (JH) still hurts from his first love..

cr:eyesonryu

HAHHAHA OMG I LOVE JUNYEOL KYAH

2 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

omggg I'm so happy reading your posts saying RJY is going to guest on taxi!!!!  aaaack. what a great way to start my day!

If only Hyeri also appears on Taxi as well, that would made my day !! :wub: since the recording is on 17 Hyeri couldn't make it because she is a special MC for SBS inkigayo!! (music show)

• Like 7

1 minute ago, snowy21 said:

If only Hyeri also appears on Taxi as well, that would made my day !! :wub: since the recording is on 17 Hyeri couldn't make it because she is a special MC for SBS inkigayo!! (music show)

aaah i see, that's too bad.. maybe they can give her a call tho like SIG did. nowadays i'm not only JH-DS shipper but JY-Hyeri shipper too. lmao

32 minutes ago, MrsRyu said:

Can you give me the link? I havent watched it yet HAHAHHAHA, even I really love R97 back then

Spoiler

you can easily find other parts in youtube under the same channels

The videos were not subbed but you can surely find SIG & EJW's subbed part where they talked about SIG & JEJ love line lol

I'm overly happy that RJY is appearing on Taxi because 어남류 어남류 어남류 어남류 어남류

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

this is off topic

Hide contents

I've been watching youth before flowers in iceland, this season is REALLY good so fun to watch and one of the reason is oppa-ya is in it. I just can't help but to hope that Na PD will cast the R88 guys for another season of YBF. like that would be so amazing to see RJY in such a great show!! doesn't he love travelling too? I want to see LDH & PBG & GKP in it too. it would be a dream come true if that happens.

I PRAY FOR THAT, REALLY!!!

I am excited for taxi!!! I hope they will call Hyeri too :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antsyplant said:

ive been thinking about this since sw x ds era idk if anyone been mention about this but.... if the guy ds wrote in diary was really SW i think its impossible because as can you guys see BR dating SW without hesitation i mean how come? if BR knew that DS like SW back then she must be didnt have intention of dating SW at all, right? BR is a nice person. so since BR dating SW i know that DS crush is JH! no SW or even taekie..

but all of the theories and hints or clues the most that im afraid about is the childhood flashback bcs thats really make sense. but no no. doesnt mean that theyre talking about taek only right?

bcs the flashback actually showed the friendship.

pardon my english n grammar *_*

and what i always remember and believe JH is the husband, because 2015 DS said she give the chocolate to the husband and she really believe she give it right. but the husband always said it's not him. so after the chocolate case always think the husband JH/DR/SW :phew: oh and TK just bring comic not bag chingu

• Like 2

This drama is just making me nuts!!! I am now seeing clues in everything! For example, I started wondering why is DS wearing a mini to go to the dinner with the boys (where the confession happens)? Was DS looking at JH a bit too long during the birthday celebration (at the 46:45 mark)? Some of the things I read here make sense, but they could be easily explained away. I need to stop seriously :)

On a more serious note, if JH is not the husband, I don't know how the drama is going to explain away the consistent focus on JH, his feelings and his turmoil. After putting JH through an emotional wringer like this, I really hope they spend enough time on him to give him his "happy ever after."

I am not confident at all about JH's prospects. The ending montage bugs me a bit too much. The drama made it seem like it was closing its chapter on JH's first love. But I am staying hopeful because of you all :)

Lastly, waiting for this drama to end is going to be pure torture. I really wish they had skipped the husband hunting part. I think even without this hunt, audiences would have engaged with the drama and the characters. 

It's time for me to go back to my presentation. Good night everyone, and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone tomorrow :)

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Asha Mizuki said:

Hide contents

you can easily find other parts in youtube under the same channels

The videos were not subbed but you can surely find SIG & EJW's subbed part where they talked about SIG & JEJ love line lol

I'm overly happy that RJY is appearing on Taxi because 어남류 어남류 어남류 어남류 어남류

OMO!! Thank you so much, I just watch it and it will be perfect if they call Hyeri too like that, I want they talked about Hyeri & RJY love line toooo!!! OMG!! I am die for this couple so much! I really ship them in real life too :w00t:

ouM72wW.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

This is what I mean about the distance thing. Reply is unique blah blah blah (sorry but ya'll already know what separates Reply from most other dramas and why it is so popular) but it is still very much a korean drama (like some here have already mentioned). I have never seen a kdrama not take and beat into viewers heads that some people are just fated and destined to be together. Even if they keep missing opportunities, even if they only met for like 5 seconds when they 4 years old, when that person comes back into the others life, THEY WILL BE TOGETHER.

It can be 6000 years, 8000 marriages, dating, 15000 close encounters, 100000 perfect male leads, 8000 disapproving parents...I mean one of them can get lost in the Bermuda Triangle, the other has tried to move on and has succeeded. They be standing at the alter about to say "I Do" and BOOM! the lost richard simmons gonna come back to be like "NOT TODAY. I AM ALIVE HONEY. I AM THE DUDE/GIRL YOU MET IN THE WHEAT FILED WHEN WE WERE 2. WE LOVED AND NEVER FORGOT EACH OTHER. I GOT LOST IN THE  BERMUDA TRIANGLE AND YOUR LOVE MADE ME SWIM SWIM SWIM RIGHT HERE TO YOU" and you better believe homegirl or boy is going to be like "bye Felicia" to that perfect fiancé standing at the alter and run to/be with Bermuda triangle chick or d**k because:

TIMING, DISTANCE, FATE, SECOND MALE LEADS, THE GOOD LAWDS THEMSELVES CANNOT KEEP APART WHAT IS MEANT TO BE! TRUE MAGICAL, ONCE IN A LIFE TIME LOVE DOETH PREVAILETH! 

It's not even just kdramas it's everything. We as viewers (as much as we like to complain about troupes and it being repetitive and boring) like this message. We live off this message. We have this unfailing belief in true love overcoming all obstacles and going after love (and other things in life) because of these messages. Look at the popularity of 'The Notebook' That movie would have flopped harder than a dying fish if Noah & Allie didn't reunite in the end. As nice as the other dude was, we live off the idea that, that one special epic love wins out. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge would not be the timeless Bollywood hit upon hit and like internationally loved and infamously remembered and some scenes reenacted if homegirl did not run and hop on the train with her beloved after all the richard simmons they went through. Can we really say the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet would have been so popular and like the basis of love stories if Romeo and Juliet were not star crossed lovers with waring families and even death couldn't keep apart (I am not telling ya'll to go kill yourselves to  be with your boyfriend/girlfriend LOL). I am sure there are movies like this in all our countries that everyone loves and remembers because of that one epic love story where no matter everything that came the couples way, in the end they came back to one another.

There is only one couple who fits this the cintematic theme of love prevails over everything and that is Deok Sun and Junghwan. They survived Sunwoo, they survived bro over __ code, they survived friends rooting for the other dude, they survived misunderstanding, they survived, time, they survived confusion. When you thought all hope is lost and sometimes true love doesn't win out (episode 18 anyone) we will see that no the heart goes where the heart must be. Look I am not disregarding Taek and his love, but where were the obstacles, where was that true heartbreak of longing and yearning that these types of stories likes to display. We only saw (I said saw as in explicitly had displayed to our eyes and not need a magnifying glass to display) and got this emotional pay off with him once, once and that was when he called and cancelled the movie date and cried. We have all talked about how easy it would be for Taek and Deok Sun to be together (and their would be an easy relationship like that of Sunwoo's mama and Taek's appa) all one need do is confess. But how long have we seen Junghwan being broody, and angst, and fake laughing to hide the pain, and crying in cars and confessing but "oh lord kill my heart" does she not feel the same? He's leaving the next day, it's going to end like that? NO, their love is the challenging, hard, "epic" ones most of us like to see win out. It hasn't been an easy road for these two and it continues to not be an easy one. There are literally many a traffic lights keeping them apart...but just like Allie drove back to Noah even though it looked like she was going to James Madersen, just like Jenny finally wrote the letter to Forrest, Oppa made the call, Yoonjae bumped into Shiwon at the cafe...Junghwan and Deok Sun will comeback to one another.

He will leave for the base and maybe as he's driving away sad as richard simmons his confession meant nothing to her, there she will be at the street corner no longer checking her watch, but smiling, see and having waited for him. Maybe he does get to the base, but I don't know. There is a group blind date between the air force and stewardess, and there she sits at the end of the table and like the secret Santa, she pulled his name as her match up. I don't know, it can be 20 years later and she's walking down the street and she'll drop something and coincidentally he'll pick it up. Fingers touch, eyes meet, and it's like no time passed at all. It's cliche as hell, not going to be as soap opera dramatic as I'm writing (or maybe it will be) but it will happen. Everything in this story has been leading up to that moment and if it weren't going to happen and if it was going to be Taek, they had that big epic reunion in his coming to the concert (could they be more obvious with showing the other couples reunite then too). If that is where the story truly ends, they wouldn't have had Junghwan confess. With his confession the big emotional pull comes back to him (just like the emotional pull of Taek admitting to the guys he likes Deok Sun as a woman came back to Junghwan because we saw his heart break and his pondering over the tickets. The very parallels we get in his seeing Taek get to the concert first and then thinking on it all and crying in his car. Just like with the tickets he was going to give but couldn't because the other dude was just thismuch faster. He comes to the concert and again the other dude was just that faster). If Taek were going to be the husband, they would have had him there to see/hear the confession because that would be another emotional obstacle, a challenge, a hardship to overcome, a red light on the road to being with Deok Sun. 

I can't give you guys pictures and go in deep with camera work and things like that, but I just see it LOL. It's right there, the writers and the PD and whole team have been going base by base to that home plate. It's there and I guess if you don't see it or you doubt it (sometimes it really is 3 C's that's just the way the test and the answers be) this time next week you will know LOL.

*please excuse spelling and grammatical errors. my fingers just moved -sometimes quicker than my thoughts- and i didn't bother to type it all coherently or make sense of it all, heh. 

You have watched Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge? Bollywood fan? :w00t: I never would have thought. It's the hipster-ish thing to hate Bollywood in India btw. And they keep churning out duds and lame potboilers by the dozen month after month and good movies are so few and far between.

I so love the humour element in your posts and the reach of your imagination. JH and DS are fated to be or that's what the drama has been hinting at especially in ep 18. Besides the angst factor has always been fleshed out from JH's pov. Taek's confession had the most devastating and heart-breaking effect on JH and I think I said this before already but Taek's love/crush has majorly been reduced to a sad plot point to keep our couple apart. The only reason why DS and JH didn't get together ages ago was because of Taek's confession. JH drew back and distanced himself from DS but Taek just kept doing nothing until ep 16 in which finally some of the angst of the love triangle affects him as well. But it just doesn't touch a viewer as much as JH's pain does. Also we've gotten most of the romance taking shape from JH's pov. It has always centered around him - his realizations, his actions which speak louder than words, his silence, his little acts of kindness and thoughtfulness, his capacity for sacrifice. It will be absolutely unreasonable to throw away all this narrative gold to pick the less obvious choice for the husband.

• Like 11