[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

2 hours ago, hhbm007 said:

I've just rewatched some old episodes and found out that some narration tended to be prepared for the sad ending of JH :bawling:

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Both are said by Deoksun :frown:

Quote by beatuscorner

i don't really care about this particular narration in this episode because it's such a waste of time and i think this is not referred to our junghwan. we clearly saw the scene where junghwan willingly crossed the line when he came as fast as he could to the mcdonald faraway from seoul because deoksun called him. junghwan asked deoksun to think about the reason he came after that and it's clearly crossing the line.

well he already crossed the line (even when he's a little hesitating at first) on ep 4 when he wanted to protect this one girl he never seen as a woman^^

• Like 15

Hello fellow shippers! This is my first post, but I have been following your posts in this thread and the main thread for a while now. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, insights and recaps on this drama. I do not have any insight to share at this time. I do not speak Korean, and I find it hard to pay attention to all the details in the show while reading subtitles. In any case, I thought I should pop in and say hello and thank you to you all. I have enjoyed watching the drama. But at this time, I am going through a heartbreak because of Jung Hwan. I find Jung Hwan to be the one character who has been explored in the most intimate way possible, so much so that I feel he is someone I have come to know inside out. His pain feels like my pain. To see a person like him not receiving the love he so deserves is simply too heartbreaking for me. So to save myself from further agony, I plan to wait until I find out who the husband is, so that I can come to terms with it (if I have to) and then enjoy the rest of the story and characters.

Coming back to the drama, one thing that bothers me a bit is why did Taek lie to Jung Hwan in the football field? Because of that lie, I think I like Taek as a character a bit less, which should not be taken as being offensive by TK-DS shippers. I don't dislike him; I just like him less.

That's all. I will be checking back to read Blue Angel's post that you have been mentioning. Fighting!

• Like 15

My friends, I have something to ask you, when Forest Gump concept start, Jung Hwan and Deuk Sun go out almost at the same time un the morning, then we see DS watching the film with her date. Jung Hwan will make his appearence very late in DR restaurant, He has bought three book and a CD... Do you know what are they about, some clue maybe? 

And another thing, when they are taking about going to the cinema DS said that She has gonna but already kno, but Taek too, with who??? Some girl maybe?? Could He have a girlfriend or something like that and anyone know about, that the reason because He said to SW shut up when He said: Do you not know why? I's because all the girls rejected him..... Maybe He wanted to say himself with his girlfriend in another situation not there, maybe in the bar scene, and maybe DS knew it the concert's day and that the reason She keep looking to the door??? 

What do you think?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

There is only one couple who fits this the cintematic theme of love prevails over everything and that is Deok Sun and Junghwan. They survived Sunwoo, they survived bro over __ code, they survived friends rooting for the other dude, they survived misunderstanding, they survived, time, they survived confusion. When you thought all hope is lost and sometimes true love doesn't win out (episode 18 anyone) we will see that no the heart goes where the heart must be. Look I am not disregarding Taek and his love, but where were the obstacles, where was that true heartbreak of longing and yearning that these types of stories likes to display. We only saw (I said saw as in explicitly had displayed to our eyes and not need a magnifying glass to display) and got this emotional pay off with him once, once and that was when he called and cancelled the movie date and cried. We have all talked about how easy it would be for Taek and Deok Sun to be together (and their would be an easy relationship like that of Sunwoo's mama and Taek's appa) all one need do is confess. But how long have we seen Junghwan being broody, and angst, and fake laughing to hide the pain, and crying in cars and confessing but "oh lord kill my heart" does she not feel the same? He's leaving the next day, it's going to end like that? NO, their love is the challenging, hard, "epic" ones most of us like to see win out. It hasn't been an easy road for these two and it continues to not be an easy one. There are literally many a traffic lights keeping them apart...but just like Allie drove back to Noah even though it looked like she was going to James Madersen, just like Jenny finally wrote the letter to Forrest, Oppa made the call, Yoonjae bumped into Shiwon at the cafe...Junghwan and Deok Sun will comeback to one another.

This is a gem. Your comments are always a treat to read. This one in particular had me throwing my head back laughing at the capslock parts (SO TRUE!!!) and clapping my hands in agreement at the same time. Please don't ever stop. :D 

You guys, the emotional payoff we're going to get is going to be AWESOME. I go to bed dreaming about various scenarios in which they get together and their lovey dovey moments. 

@wizengamot and @fictionista Thank you <3 ^^ 

• Like 9

@honeywell It's An Empty Heart by Lee Seung Hwan. It was the same song JH put on during the sleepover in the beginning of the episode.

Posted up a translation of it earlier in the thread (435??). It's a really sad song.:bawling:
Edit:Gah wrong song, that's during the montage. The end song is by Jo Jeong Hyeon, just don't remember the title. Will get back to you.

Edited by misshoggy
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Vy Ho said:

Another day without AM88 is as hell. I spent my Sunday morning + afternoon to rewatch ALL JH-DS MOMENTS on tvN's Youtube channel. I should stand up and give AM88's producer big applause because they're truly deserved it :) . I look back and remember how I was noticing JH's smirk when they watched Olympic. "Aha! you must be sth this namja";) In next episodes, JH sweet, caring actions to DS made my heart fluttered as richard simmons ~.~ I was like "whoaaa! plz slow down, I can't handle this yassss :wub:". Then, I had become an aggressive viewers since JH knew TK's feeling and PD-nim made uri JH sad, suffered and disappeared somewhere...omfg :crazy: And now, in 1994, uri shippers have to suffer the other challenge - THE INFAMOUS PROPOSAL :tears: I really don't know what to expect from the remain episodes except JH is the husband because there are a lot of scenarios in my mind : the "left behind" ring, TK, DS kept looking at the door, awkwardness between DS-JH?!?!....aigeu~ molla! Hope we have a "reasonable" ending for everybody in Ssangmundong . Lastly, I enjoy reading your comments so bad, thank you & please keep being positive guys! Hwaiting! ^^ 

P/s: I've been SONE for 7 years. Because of this "not even good looking", sweet, thoughtful namja :wub: and his pure love to sonyeo named DS  , I've not updated much news about GG LOL :lol: He's a hole which is visible but you just can't avoid it. If you have felt in, there is no escape

I promise to comeback to you soon. Mianhae GG, mianhae Taeyeon unnie! :sweatingbullets:

I like your P.S I'm a S♡NE, too... and yeah because of drama I didn't even listen uri soshi...cause I felt gloomy because of drama and drama's OSTs.... 

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Even though she hates waking up early, nothing made her happier than seeing him come down the side walk as she hid behind the wall. She wasn't really asleep but just wanted to lay her head on his shoulder.

it just occurred to me( me being delulu :phew:) JH stole her first kiss while she was sleeping on his shoulder , that is sooooo kdrama like and we have not seen full bus scene and when they got off the bus. And we get that scene as flashback

• Like 9

@MrsSoJiSub I simply love you!  You have renewed my faith to believe in my instincts that JH is husband.  I also cannot give any technical analysis on camera angles and script writing but somehow I feel that JH is husband.  Sometimes I wonder if that makes me a JH shipper even though I had claimed I am not but I stick to my original gut feel.  I did not have any predisposition to like any of the actors or characters but it is the way the story flows that makes me feel that JH should be husband.  So Jungpal fighting!  

• Like 14

But that pregnant pause after his confession where he says nothing....what did he read in that moment? (Damn you camera for not showing her you purposely tormenting PDs) he just looks........................."is that enough" what did you read in those eyes? What did you see? Did he mind read "ooooo little boy we gonna talk. Not right now in front of our friends, but you wait till we get home. We goin to talk" you know that look my mom would send when I was young that let me know I richard simmons up and she gon beat the black off me when we get home....what did you read in that moment Junghwan? 

• Like 13

@balladblue your post on the MT about the whole missed encounter is very beautiful. ..clap clap..I have to back read several pages here so have not come across it yet on this thread.Yep I am still reading main thread ...it has its side effects. As soon as I saw TK birthday party in episode 18 I was like omo how many wedding parties are we going to have...

Since I watched some scenes multiple times I could catch some color hint.JH drives car with green license plate. DS pager is yellow. For the concert DS wore a red and blue tshirt. The concert had mostly banners in red and yellow.Usually they mix lot of colors but I did not catch any green on banners ,posters etc.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

At first I too thought it was closure and or good-bye then it was like no it's not. This is the perfect setup for an airport meet up or her knocking at his air force door and letting him know that for her it's always been him too. She was happy when she got to walk to school with him. Even though she hates waking up early, nothing made her happier than seeing him come down the side walk as she hid behind the wall. She wasn't really asleep but just wanted to lay her head on his shoulder. Even though she couldn't say it at the time, his getting her the pink gloves..she thought her heart was going to burst. She's never had as much fun or fear at the mall with friends as the day she went to buy him his pink birthday gift. She never thought her heart could hurt so much until she saw that he didn't wear her shirt and he gave it away to Bong. Going to the concert with him is one of the happiest she had ever been and she had wished she could hold his hand everyday. She kept his umbrella and used it. She also wanted to see him everyday. She brought so much food to his house. She was happy whenever she got to see him too. Does he even know why she became a stewardess? Jungbong told her he was going to be a pilot (remember my Jongbong had to be corrected that it was an air force pilot). "I've been waiting for you too. Why didn't you tell me before? Why?" [cue tears and a fitting OST] "I love you too. Ya, I love you" *epic kiss we all been waiting on takes place*

The ultimata payoff is going to be better than anything I can think of. I will break out the liquor and dance shoes when it finally happens. 

this is also what i think that will happen:)

I m having a mental breakdown right now because i m still imagining what is going to happen on the last two episodes. I m trying to stay positive and i don't agree with the people who said on dramabeans that this is a closure and it s a lesson for JH that if you hesitate you lose your chance. I mean i know that this happen in real life but then why the writer is even showing us that he has liked her since episode 1 and even before that. If the writer chose TK as a husband then don't show me this! I think that is so cruel if that is the case. What i think that may happen is that they will reveal us that DS also likes him since longtime ago. We will have a beautiful confession as the one that you wrote and end. 

About the MT, i m also avoiding it because of the long post. Well i don't remember if it is two different people but i remember one who wrote about baduk and she or he compared it with the scenes. Then i read another one about the script and i thought, am i stupid or are they trying too hard to look intellectual? Anyway, i will keep it simple. 

• Like 5

I went to MT just to read @balladblue's post and it's written so beautifully. I just watched the scene this morning and my hearts feels warm just by listening to the bgm. I'm going to watch it again this evening bcs I'm so bussssyyyy hahahah bye guyss

(oh please remind me to watch forrest gump)

• Like 2

Hi guys... Couldn't stay silent longer...

I've been so pissed at Jonghwana's so called friends SW & DR.. Couldn't understand how they didn't notice his feelings towards DeokSun.. 

I've always liked these series even though They made my Chilbongie so heartbroken.. I thought he was the most pitiful one till I came across JongHwana, they managed to torture him till I'm no more interested or curious who's gonna be the husband.. Just want him to smile again, to be happy, to stop breaking his & our heart *sigh*

the only good thing abt this Reply 1988 is this amazing actor : Ryu Jun Yeol.. Wanna see more of him after this torture ends.. 

Was trying to rewatch the whole episodes from the start but couldn't go any further than ep 10.. My heart needs a break..

wanna thank you a lot for all the updates, comments, explanations , hope, positive thoughts yiou've been giving all of us.. Can't thank you enough.. 

Sorry abt this unorganized thoughts..couldn't do or think any better..but needed to get these out of my chest.. Sorry & thanks *shy*

• Like 4

I am really curious why DS never once mentioned anything about her feelings for JH back in those years. Was it because her friends and her felt that girls should not confess first? Or was it because that they were unworthy? I recall a scene where she told her another friend why did she confess. 4 more days to Friday! At least in my time zone. 

• Like 6