[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

About the costumes, I read this some time ago:

South Korea: Why does Korean traditional costume look similar to costume in Ming dynasty China?

7 Answers
Dan Kim
Dan Kim, I know history
11.2k Views · Most Viewed Writer in Korea with 60+ answers
Because they were both heavily influenced by the traditional hanfu clothing of Tang dynasty.

main-qimg-c2e4e79f5e68c324b815815c26a89d
Hanbok dates to before Tang dynasty, but it was Tang that really spread its essential design elements to Korea.  
If you know your history, Tang at one point conquered the present day North Korea and had close trade relationships with Shilla - a southern Korean kingdom.  During this time, Koreans started to wear clothes that were heavily influenced by Tang China.  
main-qimg-ef551587577efc062922b52ab2a45a

Traditional Korean dress, worn during the Tang dynasty contemporary.  This would change over the years to the hanbok that you are familiar with today.

SOURCE: https://www.quora.com/South-Korea-Why-does-Korean-traditional-costume-look-similar-to-costume-in-Ming-dynasty-China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tang dynasty
唐朝
 Blank.png 618–907
690–705: Zhou dynasty

고려
Goryeo 
918-1392
고려국(高麗國)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@aseman  @Dominique Lola Welcome to the thread. :)

• Like 11

@Gabi Bros Thanks for the research. The images are great examples as they do resemble some of IU's costumes. I think the costume department took extra care of all of IUs costumes. They really all look beautiful.

On another note, despite some of our thoughts that SBS promotions have been weak (I admit I'm one who believes that), their methods seem to be working. Judging from the Naver trending that friends shared on Twitter, Moon Lovers was high on that list. IU was too. LOL. @Gabi Bros I think the fandoms are helping. LOL. :lol:

• Like 10

I'm so glad our friends at Dramabeans are looking forward to the drama also. It helps that they like the cast too. I think Girlfriday has a thing for Joon-gi

Oh Snap! Lee Jun-ki is smokin’

by girlfriday | August 8, 2016 | 53 Comments

What else is new, right? There’s a shiny new poster for SBS’s upcoming time-travel sageuk Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo, featuring our masked leading man Lee Jun-ki in all his misty glory. There’s even a “motion poster” version of it… which isn’t really so much a moving poster (which would’ve been cool) as it is a short video of Lee Jun-ki posing for the shot. I don’t really get it either.

The poster’s copy reads: “Brace yourself from here on out. I won’t ever lose you.” Oh, we’re ready! We’ve been bracing for months.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo premieres August 29.

Ryeo33.jpg

Source: See the Dramabeans.com article here

And she gave IU equal attention.

Oh Double Snap! IU regrets laying eyes on Lee Jun-ki

by girlfriday | August 8, 2016 | 35 Comments

Literally two minutes after I published the Lee Jun-ki poster for Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo, they sneak-attacked me with a poster and stills for IU’s character, a 21st-century woman who travels back in time to Goryeo. Her poster’s copy reads: “I wish I’d never met you. Then I wouldn’t have to miss you this much.” Aw, there really is no heartbreak like from-another-time-or-universe heartbreak, is there?

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo begins August 29 on SBS.

Ryeo34.jpg

Source: See 2nd article from Dramabeans.com here.

• Like 15

“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” Reveals Gorgeous Teasers Of IU

“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” Reveals Gorgeous Teasers Of IU

More teasers for IU’s upcoming drama, “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” have been revealed!

The still cuts and motion pictures were released through Naver TV cast as well as IU’s Instagram, showing images of IU dressed in intricate traditional clothes.

IU 2

IU 4

IU stars in the time-travel drama as Go Ha Jin, a make-up employee whose soul enters the body of a young Goryeo woman named Hae Soo. The motion poster for Hae Soo hints at tragic elements in the show with the tagline, “If only we had not met, then there would be no reason for us to miss each other.”

The drama is IU’s newest role since her 2015 drama “Producer,” where she starred as idol singer Cindy. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” premieres on August 29.

Source (1)

• Like 16

xTNGNJN.jpg

I was practically thinking before and after they dropped the heart-melting still cuts - particularly of Wang So and Hae Soo seemingly sharing a kiss while having their masks on- how soon they will grow feelings for each other and eventually fall for each other? But since It’s a pre-produced drama, it’s tricky to tell when/where we're gonna see it! But looking at it again, it’s purely adorable and cute! Things have considerably escalated pretty well between these too! And well, another side of the Big-Bad-Scary-Creepy-Wangso unveils! :wub:

• Like 13

Okay. Sorry. It's not quite an hour, but they released the BTS to the Cosmo photoshoot! NICE!!!

EDIT:  So...is it just me, or does it feel like Cosmo is doing all the heavy lifting, promo-wise for the Moon Lovers drama instead of SBS?? Or maybe it only seems like SBS is doing so little when Cosmo is giving us so much??? 

CORRECTION: Credit for the BTS is actually Namoo Actors. So you can disregard my SBS rant since Cosmo can't be credited for this. But it still wasn't SBS....

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE. I don't think anyone can say that IU and Joon-gi don't feel comfortable with each other. XD  Would it be awful for me to hope for that much skinship in the drama??

• Like 20

55 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE. I don't think anyone can say that IU and Joon-gi don't feel comfortable with each other. XD  Would it be awful for me to hope for that much skinship in the drama??

*starts chanting "skinship! skinship!"* LOL

IU and LJK look really nice together. BBJX was pretty tame in terms of skinship, I think, (like I had -definitely- wished there had been more/better kiss scenes and intimate gestures, such as hand holding and hugging, but it was a historical c-drama... lol) but I'm hoping we'll get more with this adaptation. lol

• Like 15

@meahri_1 SBS is doing no promotion! xD It's time for the script reading video but at this rate I will expect them to release it by next year. :lol: I like the most how IU and Lee Joong Gi look together from 1:10 to 1:22 (Cover photo BTS). They are so pretty. :o The cutest moment from that BTS was Baekhyun smiling towards JG expression at 0:21 . Hahaha he got caught by Baekhyun. 

I think they will release motion posters of every prince, so I don't consider them as one of the 5 teasers anymore. Maybe we still will get another 4 teasers like the first one but longer? 8th prince is so cute in the motion poster and I like the music.

3 hours ago, Joongier said:

I was practically thinking before and after they dropped the heart-melting still cuts - particularly of Wang So and Hae Soo seemingly sharing a kiss while having their masks on- how soon they will grow feelings for each other and eventually fall for each other? But since It’s a pre-produced drama, it’s tricky to tell when/where we're gonna see it! But looking at it again, it’s purely adorable and cute! Things have considerably escalated pretty well between these too! And well, another side of the Big-Bad-Scary-Creepy-Wangso unveils! :wub:

I wasn't expecting them to be this adorable. :heart: What a cute moment! I think it will be around episode 10 (Middle of the story).   

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

*starts chanting "skinship! skinship!"* LOL

IU and LJK look really nice together. BBJX was pretty tame in terms of skinship, I think, (like I had -definitely- wished there had been more/better kiss scenes and intimate gestures, such as hand holding and hugging, but it was a historical c-drama... lol) but I'm hoping we'll get more with this adaptation. lol

"skinship! skinship! skinship! skinship!"

Let's start a prayer circle or do a rain dance for more skinship!!  XD

Akina, did you not see 8 and Ruoxi rolling around and kissing on that grassy knoll? I forgot which episode, but could probably find it quickly :lol:

But I'm definitely with you...MORE PLEASE!!!  :D:D

@akinahana89 Chingu, I think I'm borderline byeontae right now. I may need an intervention. The drama hasn't even started. :o

30 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

@meahri_1  I like the most how IU and Lee Joong Gi look together from 1:10 to 1:22 (Cover photo BTS). They are so pretty. :o    

@Gabi BrosI think I've rewatched that part about 50 times now.  :lol:

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

"skinship! skinship! skinship! skinship!"

Let's start a prayer circle or do a rain dance for more skinship!!  XD

Akina, did you not see 8 and Ruoxi rolling around and kissing on that grassy knoll? I forgot which episode, but could probably find it quickly :lol:

But I'm definitely with you...MORE PLEASE!!!  :D:D

@Gabi BrosI think I've rewatched that part about 50 times now.  :lol:

LOL. Yes, I think we need to bring back the rain dance and prayer circles. :lol: Skinship! Skinship! 

And yes, I did see that, but 4th and Rouxi didn't have anything like that! Haha. I think the forced kiss was as intense as it got for 4th, even if there were decent implications for their (4th and Rouxi) first night together. 

LJK is too deliciously intense to not get intense skinship scenes here with IU. Haha.

• Like 19

13 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

8th Prince motion poster, now available

Thank you @meahri_1.   Love it, and I think I am going to love KHN in this role.

13 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Nice photoshoot.  Here is the same video on Navercast.  I like watching it on Naver because the count how many watches, and I think it helps our drama if we watch there (Hopefully eventually toward CPI, maybe)

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1033883

Not sure how to embed a Naver video here...

Photo published for [이준기] '달의 연인-보보경심 려' 코스모폴리탄 화보촬영 현장!

• Like 16

Lots more to share!

3rd Prince Motion Poster

3rd Prince is getting a lot of love today!

AND more news about our OST!
AND let's close this post out with our lovely main couple!!!

I can't leave this one out.

@Gabi Bros I think you're right. I don't believe the motion posters count as teasers. Cause if they did, we would only have one more to go, and it would be a little strange for them to have decided on 3rd when there are still 3 other brothers to go. So maybe we do have 4 teasers to go??

• Like 15

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

I think you're right. I don't believe the motion posters count as teasers. Cause if they did, we would only have one more to go, and it would be a little strange for them to have decided on 3rd when there are still 3 other brothers to go. So maybe we do have 4 teasers to go??

It's also a little disheartening because motion posters are something that Cosmopolitan did as well. It feels as if SBS aren't really coming up with their own ways of promoting. Not to mention something different to have variation.

• Like 7