[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

This drama is making me very tired. I am basically checking this forum every day and night within few hours interval and checking on all portals and blogs for further updates on the drama and Lee Jun Ki. I have never been so excited over a drama before. I do not know what kind of spirit possessing me or that I have been infected by a mysterious virus that governs my thoughts and mind to think of this drama all the time. I am counting down till 29 August and though it is just less than a month away, I find that it is so far to finally get there. Next week will be the release of a new teaser and I am going to repeat the cycle of exhilaration and hyper ventilating until August 29. And once the drama finally starts airing, I do not know how severe my addiction would turn out to be. If only I could fast forward the time......Moon Lovers-Scarlet Heart:Ryeo, please, please, please, exceed all my expectation. Crush Dots and be the ratings monster this year. Move aside Song Joong Ki, this year belongs to Lee Jun Ki.

• Like 9

one more article about this drama ost

Girls Generation’s Taeyeon records ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo’ OST; Taeyeon’s solo concert successful

• "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" will air every Monday and Tuesday night on SBS starting Aug. 29.

"Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" will air every Monday and Tuesday night on SBS starting Aug. 29. (Photo : Getty Images/VCG)

Girls' Generation member Taeyeon will record the original soundtrack for the highly anticipated period drama series "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo," official broadcasters reveal.

Taeyeon is taking a break from her busy group and solo activities to record the OST for "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo," which stars IU and Lee Joon Gi. According to Soompi, an unnamed source stated that "many other singers will be participating in the OST along with Taeyeon."

Like Us on Facebook

This won't be Taeyeon's first OST for a drama series, as she previously recorded soundtracks for shows such as "Beethoven Virus," "Athena: Goddess of War," "That Winter, the Wind Blows" and "You're All Surrounded." All of her songs did well on the charts, thus expectations are running high for her "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" OST.

"Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" tells the story of Hae Soo, a modern-day girl who travels back in time to the Goryeo dynasty during an eclipse. She then meets the dashing princes in the palace, but develops a particular fondness for the fourth prince, Wang So, played by Lee. A romantic relationship blossoms between Wang So and Hae Soo despite the internal conflict and struggle within the palace.

The drama also stars Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, Yoon Sun Woo, Ji Soo and EXO's Baekhyun.

All 20 episodes of "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" are pre-produced, and the show will premiere after SBS' "Doctors" wraps up on Aug. 29.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon recently set a new milestone with her "Butterfly Kiss" concert, becoming the first artist active in a girl group to successfully stage her own solo concert. Around 6,000 fans gathered at the two-day event, which was held at the Olympic Park in Seoul.

She performed 22 songs, which includes tracks from her solo albums, Girls Generation hits and drama series OSTs.

"I have so many songs that I want to sing to you. Life would throw in many hardships, but I wish I could be your rainbow after a shower, and stay as your Taeyeon forever," Yonhap News quoted the singer as saying after performing in front of her fans at the event.

"Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" will air every Monday and Tuesday night on SBS starting Aug. 29.

thanks for uPdates my friends!AWESOME
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, sandra4897 said:

there was a clear glimpse of his face since he wasn't wearing a mask and I definitely didn't see any scar. Did I see it wrong? I hope that it wasn't a mistake or something.

I believe we will see Wang So also in times before scar. :)

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

his scar was removed somehow? 

Removed? How? In Goryeo? 

There was  a drama set in Goryeo times with Lee Min Ho where a doctor from our times traveled back in time into arms of Choi Young. What I really loved about it is that there was hardly some magic. It was more about traveling in time but the rest was "normal" - no witches and witchcraft. I hope there won't be any (or too much of it) here.

2 hours ago, sukbin said:

I can have Lee Jun Ki all by myself....with or without the mask. Scar or no scar. I want to have all of him.

Wait for your turn, I'm first in the line! :D

• Like 7

4 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

I suspect he put the mask as a shield of his true self but his scar was removed somehow? 

I was thinking that too.

4 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

@sandra4897 They were posted but thank you. :) About the scar.. I dont think is an error. This is a drama with fantasy elements after all and magic or witchcraft could be involved in the story. I am currently watching Mirror of the Witch (is a high budget dark saeguk of Joseon) and one girl with half of her face burnt got totally cured by those means. This could be also the case for Wang So. 

:sweatingbullets: Ah,sorry for posting them again then. I must have missed it again. 

I hadn't considered that they might be using fantasy here. I guess that would definitely be possible then.

• Like 6

:phew: You all can fight over Lee Jun Ki. I just want Kang Ha Neul.:wub:

I really hope the restrictions that China plans on putting won't affect this drama. Although it would be the Chinese company's that already bought the drama who would be suffering in this case I suppose.

• Like 5

To me it seems the director of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo in combining the theme of the book with Korean history and intentionally adding visual elements made it more than just another period drama like the C version.  I have the feeling that he has intentionally given his rendering of the story the feel of a fairy tale.

It hit me after I saw the opening with its blood red eclipse and the dark and mysterious hooded rider racing over the landscape. The feeling was so foreboding with all the vibe of a Grimm's Fairy tale (which were far from being cute bed time stories).  Then seeing the other locations used in filming I became even more convinced. Those locations weren't just beautiful landscapes they were ethereal. How could I not have seen it, all the elements were already there; from the mystical moon to the heroine being spirited through time,  from an evil Queen, to wickedness and  horrors in a palace full of handsome princes. Yep, every one of the elements needed were written in by the author. The director only needed to give it a subtle push and it was no longer a period drama, it was something more.
Then I thought about the director's request to have Joon's angular features sharpened and emphasized by weight loss. Suddenly that too became visually suggestive.of a fairy story. After all, the only thing missing had been the elf.  How many of us commented on Joon's look? Even the journal writers commented. Had the director's intent been to convey that impression?

I could be wrong but wouldn't it be interesting if the director's intent was to give this the beauty and timeless quality of a legendary fantasy?  If he did and did it right this could far exceed all our hopes and become a timeless classic. 

• Like 11

i'm usually bad with watching historical background dramas, but i'm so beyond over excited about this one.

I can't wait wait wait!!!!

It's like the creators knew who my favorite guys were and decided to throw em all in one show to make my life easier – and better :) :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, minmar said:

So, I put this on Joon's thread so I might as well add it here. It will only satisfy those of us in the "Wang So Harem" but what the heck.

The Wang So harem xD :lol: He has a pretty big harem...poor Haesoo. :lol:

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, car148 said:

@cedarwood @sukbin Hahahaha, can I join the queue? I'm fine being third in line as long as I can have LJK! :blush:

I do not know if I can compromise to let cedarwood have him first but I am also afraid that if I have him all to myself, you may grow gray or white hair before you can finally have your turn but even then also I can't guarantee as I can not let him go. Selfish really but he is driving me insane and delusional. :bawling:

• Like 8

Translations of NAVER comments....

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/scarlet-heart-ryeo-releases-first-teaser.html

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' releases first teaser 

Moon-Lovers-640x352.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-02%2Bat%2B2.44.3
Naver TV Cast: A seat for one! A war to succeed to the crown! 
Watch here 

1. [+3,241, -278] Wow the scale ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷSmells daebak

2. [+2,492, -217] Totally expected a romance sageuk but it captured the key points of the original pretty well

3. [+2,266, -232] Wow, I'll be tuning in

4. [+2,027, -172] Look at the cinematography ㅋㅋㅋㅋ As expected of Director Kim Gyu Tae ..!!

5. [+1,903, -259] Pretty Hae Soo, handsome princesㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Hit daebak ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+1,729, -165] I thought it was a movie trailer.... Looks great

7. [+1,565, -168] Woah daebak

8. [+1,447, -144] Wow~ Daebak~ Their force is no joke~ I won't miss the first episode!!!
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, sukbin said:

I do not know if I can compromise to let cedarwood have him first but I am also afraid that if I have him all to myself, you may grow gray or white hair before you can finally have your turn but even then also I can't guarantee as I can not let him go. Selfish really but he is driving me insane and delusional. :bawling:

See what LJK has done to us? His royal hotness is making us crazy! Hahahaha :blush:

• Like 8

@Gabi Bros Wow. Those are awesome Naver comments. I am so happy not to see any negative/doubtful comments about any of our cast. I know both Joon-gi and IU have had their share of doubters (I refuse to use the H word), as do a couple of our other princes, I believe. That's not to say those people aren't out there, but I'm thinking (hoping) that from the Chinese teaser, and now this first official SBS teaser, that people are discovering the extent of our drama's epic nature and the considerable investment made to its overall quality. And thus, those who may have not been planning to watch it, are now seriously considering it, while existing fans of the cast and prior c-version drama are locked in and anxious to start our journey.

Everyone on the thread recently, has been extremely supportive and been very good about being fair and mindful about commenting on cast members, regardless of any preexisting biases or doubts. Just a side comment that all shipping preferences are fair game, however, cause we all like who we like. ^_^  I hope that respect and consideration continues as we get closer to August 29 and more chingu join our thread.

Here's to our growing community, and most especially cheers to our drama. As some of you have already said, IT WILL DEFINITELY SUCCEED!!!! :heart:

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

Everyone on the thread recently, has been extremely supportive and been very good about being fair and mindful about commenting on cast members, regardless of any preexisting biases or doubts. Just a side comment that all shipping preferences are fair game, however, cause we all like who we like. ^_^  I hope that respect and consideration continues as we get closer to August 29 and more chingu join our thread.

This is what I like of this thread the most. :) 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, sandra4897 said:

:phew: You all can fight over Lee Jun Ki. I just want Kang Ha Neul.:wub:

We won't fight. We share like real ladies. :wub:

9 hours ago, minmar said:

To me it seems the director of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo in combining the theme of the book with Korean history and intentionally adding visual elements made it more than just another period drama like the C version.  I have the feeling that he has intentionally given his rendering of the story the feel of a fairy tale.

Wow! I never thought of it. Your point of view is v. interestint. It really can be like Grimm's tale (so... fairy tale with lot of blood and no one said the end will be happy). 

8 hours ago, minmar said:

So, I put this on Joon's thread so I might as well add it here.

Bless you!

Joon Gi always had so meaningful eyes. Wow! Phew! Water, please! With a lot of ice!

7 hours ago, car148 said:

@cedarwood @sukbin Hahahaha, can I join the queue? I'm fine being third in line as long as I can have LJK! :blush:

Kkkkk please join, my pleasure. But I have no idea when will be your turn. :lol:

6 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

The Wang So harem xD :lol: He has a pretty big harem...

We heard he didn't live like a monk and had a lot of concubines. We only want to do justice to the history! *cough*

6 hours ago, sukbin said:

Don't worry you won't have that problem as I am first in line kkkkkk :lol:

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

This is what I like of this thread the most. :) 

So do I! :heart:

Chingus... I need your help. Somewhere on the Internet there is the book that our drama is based on and it's in English. I lost that link. :cry: If anyone still has it - can you help me find it? Please! 

• Like 8