[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo~~ Waiting for this drama is torturing me... How can Joongi's charisma be still glittering while covering his one eye! So smexy man! And, I'm satisfied of all actors seemingly fit to the roles. For chemistry session.. I'm in for SoSoo (WangSo & HaeSoo)... I'm not used to share many ships sailing for a drama yet, haha. Pleased to see though there's already a few members who love our lead couple.

To those in worry of SHR being a typical k-drama focusing much on romance, it's quite not a necessary thing. Joongi likes to choose ones which are more on plots, of course with the reasonable romance.

Many viewers here are now on Kang Haneul boat and thinking of 8th prince more like the male lead, by the trailer for Chinese market. On the romance part, I think the K-version 4th prince's love to Haesoo won't be depicted lesser than of 8th prince. They may give us different aspects; tenderness with 8th and cute bickering or seductive moments with 4th. After WangSo has shed of his cold side from Haesoo, there will possibly be more fluttering moments between them :wub: Thanks @peny for many lovely gifs, including our independent time-traveling girl and embarrassed 4th prince :lol: His expression is precious, kk

I watched C-version for the reference on the upcoming plot and 4th prince's character for my Joongi. Despite that, I guessed the drama could be adapted from an almost opposite direction since he has confirmed the role. And,,, Shine or go crazy won't help on the idea of SHR. I've watched the first few eps in case for that reason but 3rd and 4th princes were on the same side. In SHR, from trailer, the mother queen abondoned her younger son for some reasons (maybe relating to her power), and is backing the 3rd prince to become the goryeo king. So they are rivals from the start.

Futhermore, the addition of main antagonists against the 4th prince, his right-hand man and his wife characters advancing to more major roles, unlike C-version, made me suspect that the primary storyline likely to be surrounded around the 4th prince. About IU, I knew she can act naturally but the preview convinced me that she is also capable of emoting well.. I'm looking forward to her and Joongi harmonizing their acting to shine together! The released preview may be just the beginning of teasing us though. The pd team might leave some meatier plot and cinematography for their domestic promotions. Just from the youku's promo, I sense the K-version's power struggle is going to be intriguing. Also by Joongi's chameleonic performances, he would bring us epicness to his ruthless side, esp. in later half of drama! ❤

Last but not least, is the ending. It's a really important factor whether it could linger the viewers' hearts or not. Because it's a pre-production, the pd team won't probably take risk with a depressing finale. Hope the writer had found a logical yet satisfying ending. I need to get my leads looking fresh, being sweet with heart-eyes to each other, in cool modern attires ^^

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, patoi said:

http://www.arri.com/news/news/alexa-in-south-korea/

What does this mean " When ARRI spoke with them, they had finished the first 12 days of shooting without a hitch. In total they will shoot 20 episodes of this show and also a feature film spinoff". Will they have a film spinoff?

It means that this is seen as a MAJOR project. BIG BIG BIG! and they are looking  to get a return on their investment. So in a way the drama will be a teaser for the movie. (see longer answer on other thread)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, patoi said:

http://www.arri.com/news/news/alexa-in-south-korea/

What does this mean " When ARRI spoke with them, they had finished the first 12 days of shooting without a hitch. In total they will shoot 20 episodes of this show and also a feature film spinoff". Will they have a film spinoff?

35 minutes ago, minmar said:

It means that this is seen as a MAJOR project. BIG BIG BIG! and they are looking  to get a return on their investment. So in a way the drama will be a teaser for the movie. (see longer answer on other thread)

Wow…unexpected and interesting at the same time. :o 

He is 1st prince

• Like 8

This was my response on the other thread.

@patoi  I went and read the article and it does say there will be a feature film spinoff. In the US (and not to imply this is definitely the answer) a feature film usually means a 2-4 hour movie for theaters.  A feature film spinoff could mean anything from shortening  the 20 episodes into a movie, OR it could mean making a movie that is a follow up like SH2 OR it could mean making a movie that focuses on another of the characters in SHR OR  it could mean making a movie that follows what happens with the emperor after the events in SHR..

It will certainly increase the excitement once people learn of this. No wonder the trailer is so amazing.  It sounds as if they've made major use of Universal's financial contribution and came up with some major plans for the future. They certainly have spent quite a bit of money making a drama look like a big budget movie.

• Like 8

Despite my best attempts, I think I am still influenced by BBJX.....the more I look at Scarlet Heart's preview clip, the more I am mesmerized by 4th prince Wang So :wub:

From the chart, 10th,13th,14th princes have 1way love relationship with Haesoo. In C-version, 13th and RX were very good friends but no romantic feelings. 

Towards the end of BBJX, my friends and I were swooning :w00t: over 13th and 14th princes because of the characters' display of valour and affection for their love. Two more months to Scarlet Heart ! :heart:

• Like 10

4 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

Despite my best attempts, I think I am still influenced by BBJX.....the more I look at Scarlet Heart's preview clip, the more I am mesmerized by 4th prince Wang So :wub:

i love to hear u also in love with 4th prince just like me @sunl0ver

but i still dont know u are on Haneul/joongi team :D^_^:rolleyes:

im always support Lead couple..here im JoonGIU shipper:wub::wub:

• Like 10

Thanks to everyone for updates.

@mssone1993, welcome to Soompi and this thread!  :)

@Eichhoernchen welcome to the thread!  :)

@MoOnLoVeRz, thank you for the relationship chart in English!  And thank you also for translating the synopsis

@patoi, I am such a sucker for good cinematography; Your article totally won me over. Thank you.:wub:

Still cut of Seohyun as Princess Woo Hee released!

Cl6ZmjuVEAAKNT_.jpg

Fanart

Cl6daTRVEAAUDUJ.jpg

• Like 8

More Set Pictures from K-version of Bu Bu Jing Xin Highlight the Sprawling Cast

saroi.jpg

It’s the perfect time to check in with the K-drama adaptation of Bu Bu Jing Xin (Bobogyungsim: Ryeo or Scarlet Heart: Ryeo), with the drama confirmed to premiere on August 29th in the Mon-Tues time slot on SBS following the conclusion of medical romance Doctors with Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won. The drama is fully pre-produced and will air simultaneously in China and Korea, which means it needs to submit a completed cut to the Chinese authorities for approval, but filming hasn’t wrapped yet so there are still new goodies coming out from the set.

Read More : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/06/26/more-set-pictures-from-k-version-of-bu-bu-jing-xin-highlight-the-sprawling-cast/

• Like 11

20 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

From the chart, 10th,13th,14th princes have 1way love relationship with Haesoo. In C-version, 13th and RX were very good friends but no romantic feelings. 

Towards the end of BBJX, my friends and I were swooning :w00t: over 13th and 14th princes because of the characters' display of valour and affection for their love. Two more months to Scarlet Heart ! :heart:

You are right, I don't think the chart above is correct. In BBJX there was never any romantic feelings between RX and 13th Prince. They were very, very close friends though. At the end of BBJX I was also swooning over 13th Prince. He was the most amazing character. I am def part of TEAM 13, because adorable friendship!

I am also viewing the trailer with BBJX still in the back of my mind, knowing the strong love between RX and 4th, I can't wait. :wub:

I feel a bit sorry for everyone rooting for 8th right now, they will be so disappointed. It will be a nice ride, until... well, they will have to find out themselves. :phew: Y'all better bring out the tissue box! :tears: 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, scr0ll said:

I feel a bit sorry for everyone rooting for 8th right now, they will be so disappointed. It will be a nice ride, until... well, they will have to find out themselves. :phew: Y'all better bring out the tissue box! :tears: 

@scr0ll  Yep, I know what you mean about the 2nd lead, they are gonna be disappointed.:(

However, I am psyched about this new way of showing the 4th prince. In the C version he was rather bookish and to me, a bit boring (RX gave up the 8th for him??) but LJG is a mix of Kai, Sato and Iljimae.  (smexy drool factor meter is at 90% already) :w00t:

• Like 11

Tong Hua (author of the novel Scarlet Heart) said the cast of Scarlet Heart Ryeo is full of actors that she likes :heart:. I am so glad that Tong Hua is also looking forward to the drama. :blush:

SOURCE: 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

@Gabi Bros , oh wow. Just wow. I am so glad Tong Hua approves the casting ! Maybe the SHR did really take the consideration of what TH would prefer perhaps? We may never know. But am so happy that at this moment on, the author is also looking forward for the adaptation. 

Maybe. :lol:  I was surprised that she saw Baekhyun acting before Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He had only had a mini web drama named EXO NEXT DOOR (2015) in which he played of himself. That was unexpected. Scarlet Heart is his official debut in the small screen.  

• Like 2