Korean Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Accepts Mino’s Apology

The Korean Association of Obstericians and Gynecologists (KAOG) has decided to accept the apologies from WINNER‘s Mino and Mnet‘s “Show Me the Money 4“. A representative from KAOG announced through a press release on July 14, “This morning, Mnet and YG Entertainment’s Song Mino all sent us an apology. Mino’s apology was the same as what was posted to social media the day prior. [...] […]

The post Korean Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Accepts Mino’s Apology appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest Tofu_Cloud

I get why there was a panick and over reaction. No girl wants to get a health check thinking her dr is a pervert.
mino didn't do it on purpose to hurt anyone.

I get why there was a panick and over reaction. No girl wants to get a health check thinking her dr is a pervert.
mino didn't do it on purpose to hurt anyone.

IKR! its just a rap. It's not like it means it in a hurtful way. I think people over reacted.

Guest fourtytwo

"OPPA DIDN'T MEAN IT!!"

Really girls? Have you had your first pap smear yet? That check up is scary as hell the first few times and the discomfort and anxiety doesn't go away no matter how many times you have it done.

Guest jaywalker44

LOL as much as i love K-culture as a whole, this is my least favorite part. Why would you take anything they say seriously. Its just a rap, made up for shock value to get noticed by the producers to win a tv show. Its crazy that he had to apologize IMO. what he said wasn't creepy, doesn't make me feel creepy when i go to the DR. i liked it. Mino is crazy talented and he gets my support

it's obvious that he didn't mean it literally. HOWEVER, the issue i think fans are missing here is that it was ignorant of him to say such a thing. rappers use languages, metaphors, and analogies often to make a point in their rap, but it can be offensive. For example, "b**ch" is used all the time. Sometimes they do feel/think that women they rap about are b*****, but sometimes they don't. the bottom line is, using b***** to describe someone is offensive whether or not you mean it or not.

Guest novadestin

It's really sad to see people who are supposedly open-minded enough to enjoy music from another culture to still judge said culture by their own cultural standards. Also, just because it didn't bother you (myself included) does NOT discount the MANY others that were bothered. It's good that he is acknowledging those individuals, whether he agrees or not, and making amends for behavior/lyrics that, no matter how much "a part of rap" it might be, is still offensive on the everyday level. Don't belittle his efforts by saying, "He shouldn't have to apologize! Oppa didn't mean it!"

"MINO targeting daughters / open your legs like you’re at the gynecologist’s"

I didn't get from this that the OBGYNs are perverts; I got the impression that the artist is a pervert and someone from whom to keep [people's] daughters away.

And we may be used to perverts in our society selling their depravity and disrespect as 'art' but some other countries have better standards. The entire society supports those standards; good for them :)

Guest Ming Banger

I find this absolutely hilarious. There are kids bragging in social media that their fathers and mothers are members of KOAG and they convinced them to make a formal complaint because they hate YG, WINNER and Mino. Well played kiddies, well played. It's especially bad when former underground rappers turned idols are on the program. They're constantly hammered with negative comments and hate. Yet not one word has been said about Black Nut (a favourite) and his rap about looking up a former high school friend, killing her boyfriend and raping and killing her. Not. A. Peep. Or Hanhae's rap or 2 others.
The stereotypes the KOAG want to dispel seem right on the money.

Guest novadestin

I find this absolutely hilarious. There are kids bragging in social media that their fathers and mothers are members of KOAG and they convinced them to make a formal complaint because they hate YG, WINNER and Mino. Well played kiddies, well played. It's especially bad when former underground rappers turned idols are on the program. They're constantly hammered with negative comments and hate. Yet not one word has been said about Black Nut (a favourite) and his rap about looking up a former high school friend, killing her boyfriend and raping and killing her. Not. A. Peep. Or Hanhae's rap or 2 others.

There was an article discussing Black Nut actually; here / netizen buzz article here. Not that one article is much of anything, but just wanted to point it out.

Guest Ming Banger

On Wed Jul 15 2015 10:33:42 GMT-0400, Ming Banger said:

There was an article discussing Black Nut actually, here.

I meant HERE.

Guest novadestin

There was an article discussing Black Nut actually, here.

I meant HERE.

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding ^^

Archived