[movie 2004] Once Upon A Time In High School 말죽거리 잔혹

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Jeong Jin, Han Ga In, Lee Jong Hyuk
ouatihs.jpg

ouatihsksw.jpg

ouatihskswhgi.jpg

ouatihsljjkswhgi.jpg

Once Upon a Time in High School 말죽거리 잔혹사 (2004)

Starring: Kwon Sang-Woo, Han Ga-In, Lee Jeong-Jin

Director: Yoo Ha

Genre: Action, Juvenile, School, Martial

Runtime: 116mins

Production: Sidus

Distribution: CJ Entertainment

Language: Korean

A model student transfers to a notorious Jungmoon High School!

In the spring of 1978, Hyun-soo transfers to Jungmoon High School in Kangnam where his mother thinks the land price will skyrocket due to the development of the area. Yet, Jungmoon High School is notorious for its severe corporal punishment by teachers and power struggles between school gangs. On the first day, he gets spanked with an aluminum baseball bat for violating the school's dress code. Then, one day, he plays basketball with his classmates and brings his team a victory, which allows him to become chummy with Woo-sik, a kingpin of the school. Before long, they find out that they both are huge fans of Bruce Lee and become best friends.

He got so easily what I had desired so badly.

After school, on the bus, Hyun-soo and Woo-sik see a girl who resembles Olivia Hussey, the most popular foreign actress in Korea at that time. Her name is Eun-ju, a senior at a nearby girls' high school. Both fall in love with her at first sight. Hyun-soo is gentle and kind, while Woo-sik is tough and charismatic. Knowing Woo-sik is so different from her, she can't help but becomes attracted to him.

To hell with the school!

Hyun-soo endures the pain of his secret love for Eun-ju. However, Eun-ju and Woo-sik begin to bicker over petty things. While she's in pain over Woo-sik cheating on her, Hyun-soo sees a chance to win her heart. In the meantime, Woo-sik and Jong-hoon, a student patrol captain, get into a fight. In the duel, Jong-hoon cheats and beats up Woo-sik, who leaves school in the aftermath of his defeat. With Woo-sik gone, Jong-hoon abuses his power as student patrol captain and bullies whoever gets in his way. Hyun-soo falls into an Inferior Class, and Jong-hoon keeps bullying him. The corporal punishment and favoritism by the teachers gradually become worse. To make matter worse, Eun-ju chooses Woo-sik over him. Driven to the wall, Hyun-soo explodes. With nunchakus tucked in the back of his pants, he goes up to the roof after Jong-hoon.

SOURCE : 말죽거리 잔혹사

말죽거리 잔혹사

말죽거리 잔혹사

말죽거리 잔혹사

말죽거리 잔혹사

4 me...dis movie..so-so la...not really grap me to watch it till the end...n i dont really understand wut is da ending...normally i do like action movie...,but dis movie...i think didnt really hit me lah....hehehe... :)

Guest desert_rain

i didnt like it that much to buy the dvd...i only watched it because i really like lee jung jin, he's one of my favorite actors.

Guest Dahee Fanel

I LOVED this movie. It captures the atmosphere of that period really, really well. And I loved the social criticism it made on male high schools in those days, and the way Kwon Sang Woo's character became so passionate about the way things were as the movie went on. This is the first movie/drama I've seen where KSW is REALLY acting. He obviously put his whole soul and heart into this role.

It's a coming-of-age film. It's bittersweet in that way, but it also gives hope for the future. It's nostalgic.

Do not expect it to be an action film, or a love story. It's really just a story about how one boy becomes a man, and the atmosphere in which he grew up.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to watching this movie- very good stuff, definitely recommended.

Normally I'm not a fan of violence but I loved seeing the struggle of power amongst the school gangs, between the students & teachers.

Loved seeing Kwon Sang-Woo develop from start to finish, loved how he got so shy around the girl he liked, loved watching him kick richard simmons at basketball, loved finally finding his passion & training topless lol Oh, I think one of his final lines was really powerful, too- "Fcuk all the schools in Korea!"-puts a strong punch on the whole view of the school system. After all this, it sounds like I liked the movie because of Kwon Sang-Woo, yes, he is why I watched it but don't get me wrong, he ain't why I liked it (believe me, watched Mutt Boy for Jung Woo-Sung & I won't be hitting repeat on that one in a hurry, sorry.)

Didn't like Han Ga-In's character, couldn't believe she would've run off with Lee Jeong-Jin, are girls really just suckers for bad boys?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chrys_lee

the reason i watched this movie is because kwon sang woo is in it! it is rather violent, the part where teachers hit students and all the fights... i like this movie because kwon sang woo was really nice in it!! i loved the way he fought at the end of the movie... :w00t: it was sooooo cool! he was soo adorable when he was around eun ju!! i am pretty confused with the ending though... what happened to woo sik? did eun ju run away with woo sik? i thought eun ju was together with kwon sang woo after he sent a letter to the radio?? and when they met in the bus... she said she was continuing her studies or sumthin lik that.. does that mean that she wants to accept kwon sang woo back? because if i'm not mistaken, there was a scene that goes something like this : he said that he won't be able to see her when she goes to college... and she asked him not to worry, she will continue her studies so he can see her... the part where he cursed schools in korea was really nice! i felt so proud (?) haha...

• 6 months later...
Guest xsilentangel

saw this movie.

good action, plot, overall, i like it

ew i hated han ga in's character - eun ju!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Prince Tony

Today I was having a free time, decided to watch the kinda old Korean movies. I watched 3 movies in a row~! ^^;; And I watched this movie again. Back then, I watched this movie because of Lee Jung Jin~! xD

But you know what? Until today I watched it again, I can't understand what happened to Woo Shik~~??? Did Eun Jun really go with him til the end?

Sometimes I dislike Korean movie because of this reason. They often make it like this. :angry:

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived