NFL

Guest Krn_Track_Star

Guest Krn_Track_Star

RE: Pittsburgh @ San Diego on MNF ...

Well, it actually did pan out like I thought it would and was not some blowout win by Pittsburgh. Props to Pittsburgh for hanging in there and actually winning on a last minute field goal 24-22. But I guess it's a bittersweet win as Roethlisberger seems to have suffered a knee injury.

The Chargers three losses were by a respective 4, 3, and now 2 points. All games were winnable to the end, but I guess luck just isn't swinging their way this time around.

w10418442.jpg

yea i give all the credit in the world for the chargers bringing to the steelers but if u saw the game i what i predicted was right. i said if the steelers blitz the living day lights out of breese i said the was going to make some bad plays and thats what happened. they blits breese all night where he couldnt get any big rthyme going. like i said breese cant handle pressure that well if you watch the game i and read what i posted before i was right because i said breese doesnt throw the ball away when he feels pressure either he takes the sack or he trys to force a play by throwing it N u saw it in the game because all the steelers did was blits the whole night. if breese could handle pressure like tom brady can O man he would be like manning but i guess he still has alot to learn but once again i give alot of credit to the chargers for bringing it to the steelers. the steelers run defense is just outstanding. they haven't had a rusher rush more than a 100 yards in like 17 games. that is crazy but one thing goes for both teams they need some cover corners. man the steelers almost lost again just like how they lost to the Pats. if both teams get some cover corners man they would be all set.

once again BIG PROPS GO TO THE CHARGERS FOR just playing out right hard to the finish.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thatguy

Come on guys. You all forgot the biggest news in week 5!!!!! ERIC MOULDS GETS A GOD DAMN TD PASS!!!! AND IT HAD TO BE WHEN I FINALLY BENCH HIM IN MY FF LEAGUE!!!!!!!! In other news Pats win again by a field goal...jeez can't they ever blow a team out anymore! I also hear Davenport for the Packers did good as Ahman Green's replacement...too abd he got injured and is out for the whole season.

Peyton isnt throwing less b.c the coaches know how to stop peyton...he has been in the league for a while now and for a while the only team that can stop peyton was/is new england

Well, the NFL coaches have certainly learned what Peyton does and what they need to adjust in order to deal with it.

Look at the stats - Not only is Peyton throwing less than last year, he's throwing less TDs, more Interceptions, and his team as a whole is not scoring as much as it did last year.

As much as some of the critics say that "their offense is not clicking," what's there to NOT click?? I mean, come on. Their offensive lineup hasn't changed since last year!

You have to give at least SOME credit to the opposing defenses for learning how to deal with the Colts' offense. The new part this year for them is to figure out Colts' defense, which improved tremendously.

well, this last sunday sucked.

my two teams ended up losing. first, the cardinals were taking it to the panthers...then turnovers and penalties hurt them again in the second half. josh mccown threw for almost 400 yards and 2 TD's, but he had 3 INT's. Boldin and Fitzgerald had 100 yard game each. the cards need to stop the stupid penalties and get a running game. my take on JJ Arrington has been downgraded from favorable to highly dissapointed. -_-

as for the eagles....damn, they just got dominated. mcnabb's injuries finally caught up to him and their secondary totally let them down. Sheldon Brown had a INT/TD, but that's all they could be happy about.

Both teams have bye weeks coming up and they will be much needed for both birds. they need to get healthy first and foremost. the eagles i have no question will come out slinging and score a lot vs. the chargers in the next week. as for the cards.....if they continue losing....at least there is hope of Leinhart or Bush. :D

Haha Dan, I can sympathize.

My hometown Chargers lost a close one to the Steelers and the Eagles lackluster performance had adverse affects to my fantasy lineups that I have in two different leagues (I have McNabb in one; Westbrook, LJ Smith, as well as McNabb in another). I lost my matchup in one league and managed to squeak out a win nonetheless in the other. :rolleyes:

Hey, if it's any consolation to you - at least you and I are #1 and #2 in the Soompi League. :lol:

w10418442.jpg

Guest epark1281

Peyton isnt throwing less b.c the coaches know how to stop peyton...he has been in the league for a while now and for a while the only team that can stop peyton was/is new england

i actually think teams should worry more about offensive scheming against the colts more than containing Peyton's passing. it's the D that's winning the games, not peyton's arm.

*edit*

Doug Freeny is straight up killin O lines. Remember the Ravens game against the colts? Everywhere Kyle was turning, Freeny was in his grill.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i actually think teams should worry more about offensive scheming against the colts more than containing Peyton's passing. it's the D that's winning the games, not peyton's arm.

*edit*

Doug Freeny is straight up killin O lines. Remember the Ravens game against the colts? Everywhere Kyle was turning, Freeny was in his grill.

thats what i was thinking. too thats why i keep on asking why cant they score. the defense the colts face didnt really change at all. all the teams they played last yr they all have the same defense. its true the defense is winning games because they are only allowing 5.8 points per a game. that is crazy once again.

well we will see how truley good there defense is in week nine against the pats on MNF. man this is going to be a good game. cant wait till week nine.

and the steelers god lucky that ben wasnt really injured. did u see the steelers bench when they saw ben on the ground. everyone just stood in shock.

Roethlisberger has hyperextended left knee

NFL.com wire reports

PITTSBURGH (Oct. 11, 2005) -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has a hyperextended left knee and a bone bruise sustained during a game-winning field goal drive at the end of a 24-22 victory against San Diego on Oct. 10, but hasn't been ruled out of an Oct. 16 game against Jacksonville.

The injury isn't as severe as it initially appeared to be -- immediately after the game, coach Bill Cowher said "it looked bad."

"It's a deep sigh of relief," Cowher said.

Roethlisberger, 16-1 as an NFL regular-season starter, was injured with 1:05 remaining when Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo's helmet collided with his left knee as Roethlisberger was completing a 9-yard pass to Antwaan Randle El.

Roethlisberger lay in pain on the turf for several minutes, clutching at his knee, before limping off the field. He was removed from the field on a cart, his knee heavily wrapped, after Jeff Reed kicked a 40-yard field goal with six seconds remaining, but he had no bandage on the knee when he got dressed shortly after that.

Roethlisberger had an MRI test shortly after the team returned to Pittsburgh.

Roethlisberger was the NFL's offensive rookie of the year last season after going 13-0 on a team that went a franchise-record 15-1 before ultimately losing to New England 41-27 in the AFC championship game. He was off to an excellent start this season, completing 52 of 86 passes for 913 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions. His passer rating of 123.8 is the best in the league.

Backup Tommy Maddox sat out the San Diego game with a calf injury, but also could be available Oct. 16. Cowher said his injury also wasn't as bad as initially thought.

If neither Roethlisberger nor Maddox can play, the Steelers would turn to 30-year-old Charlie Batch, the Lions' starter from 1998 until late in the 2001 season who has played little since signing with his hometown Steelers before the 2002 season.

Batch has thrown only eight passes, completing four, in four seasons with the Steelers. He didn't throw a pass in the 2002 season, then missed all of last season with a knee injury that occurred during training camp.

The Steelers considered cutting Batch before the season started, but decided to keep three veteran quarterbacks -- something few NFL teams do -- after he threw two touchdown passes in leading a comeback victory at Carolina in the team's final preseason game Sept. 1.

"The news on Ben is very good, but it's good that we have Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch," Cowher said. "As of now, Charlie is the starter by default."

man there QB position is messed up expect for ben.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

wtf is up with the vikings. look at this now u cant say the coach is screwing them up. its themselves screwing up the team.

face another problem, this one off-fieldAssociated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Mike Tice leaned for a moment against a soggy blocking sled on a gray afternoon after practice, the trademark pencil behind his ear and a long, pensive look on his face.

The weary coach had plenty to ponder. Fixing Minnesota's problems on the field seemed to take second place, as an inquiry continued into an allegedly out-of-control party involving several Vikings players, drunkenness, nudity and visible sexual activity on a pair of charter cruises last week.

No criminal charges had been filed Wednesday. Sgt. Haans Vitek of the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office said it could take a couple of weeks before investigators finish interviewing people on the boats.

Stephen Doyle, an attorney representing the boat's owners, has said cornerback Fred Smoot paid for one of the cruises on Lake Minnetonka last Thursday. A total of about 90 people were present, Doyle said, on both of the boats -- which returned to shore more than two hours earlier than scheduled when crew members complained about wild, lewd behavior. A police report was filed Sunday.

"It doesn't make things any simpler," Tice said, "and quite frankly I'm not happy about it."

Smoot, usually one of the team's most talkative and energetic players, said he was planning to take legal action against "whoever put my name in there." He glumly declined to comment further as he walked to his car in the parking lot.

"They're killing my name," Smoot said. "Point blank. Somebody's going to have to pay for it."

The locker room was mostly empty during the time it was open to the media, and all the players who spoke refused to comment on the outing or any of the implications. Running back Mewelde Moore acknowledged he was present on one of the boats, but he said he saw none of the alleged behavior.

"That's crazy. Sex? Come on," said Moore, the team's leading rusher with 187 yards.

A television reporter claimed to have obtained a list of attendees that included free safety Darren Sharper's name on it.

"Somebody must have lied," Sharper said, shaking his head.

The timing of this -- the latest in a long line of extracurricular trouble this team has found itself in over the years -- was terrible.

Expected by many observers to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender, the Vikings (1-3) were awful through the first quarter of their season. Their losses came by a combined score of 91-31, and their lone victory was against the homeless, struggling New Orleans Saints.

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf just finished conducting a two-day organizational planning retreat in which an off-the-field code of conduct, among many other topics, was discussed.

Then there's the stadium Wilf wants built, a $675 million structure in suburban Minneapolis that would require a public contribution of nearly $400 million -- plus a special legislative session called by Gov. Tim Pawlenty if a deal is to be consummated this year.

Wilf didn't return a phone call or an e-mail requesting comment. Pawlenty, asked if the allegations would hurt the team at the Capitol, sidestepped the question.

"Setting aside the stadium issues, if these allegations are true, they're awful," Pawlenty said. "To have football players or anyone else act in that manner is awful."

Even the die-hard fans were disgusted. One local radio station repeatedly spun the theme song to "Love Boat" in between angry calls denouncing the alleged conduct.

"You don't know what a guy does when you go home or what he does at night," said linebacker Keith Newman. "As long as a guy is coming focused and ready to play football this week, that's all I'm concerned about. ... You're going to have some adversity, but I'm focused right now on the Chicago Bears, and how to get this football team turned around."

That's what Tice was trying to worry about.

"It can tear a team apart or bring us together," he said, "and it's my job to bring the team together."

^ it doesn't matter. the patriots are still the defending world champions. i'm sure your little cowboys would've been manhandled by the pats. atleast we cameback

vick>bledsoe

schaub in a yr or two >bledsoe

Let me know when Vick completes 60% of his passes. Either way, both are about a 10 year career off from sniffing Bledsoe's jock.

^Peyton is naturally throwing less because everyone in the NFL has seen how great of a QB he is. And knowing that fact, the NFL coaches aren't stupid.

I'm sure many NFL coaches spent their summertime watching video, analyzing the teams. I'm very sure that many observed Peyton Manning and his offense and how the defenses failed to stop him.

This year, you should realize that many opposing defenses against Indianapolis like to play fallback, strengthening the safety/cornerback area and covering the WR routes in order to limit Manning's damage. This is probably also why Peyton has been throwing more interceptions than usual, because NFL defenses have come up with clever tricks to disguise their pass defense and pick him off when the ball comes their way.

This is why James, the Colts' RB, gets more carries, in order to nullify the opponents' passing defense with running offense that should be more stronger against pass-oriented schemes.

Hope this makes sense... o_o

The 1999 Kurt Warner effect?

:o

I don't mean to be a richard simmons but some of you guys could use an English class or two. It gives me a headache to read some of your posts.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

I don't even see the problem with that. They are adults.

well remember these are adults that have big influcense on the younger ones. think as a parent here. lets say u have a child that wants to be like a big sports star and he gets in trouble with sex or drinking do you think thats going to have positive impact on the child. thats why its getting big. like you said if everyone in this world were adults and there were no children then yeah it will be fine but there are children that look up to certain players good or not. for example how many young kids want to be like michael vick alot of kids do and lets say he got caught drinking and having sex and the children found out do you think its going to have a positive impact on him. when that kid grows up and becomes a superstar like michael vick and he get invited to clubs and having sex. that kid is probably going to say O michael vick did it so it must be of so therefore i can do it.

i can see where this is leading for the vikings because you never know culpepper could of been involved and if when and that story comes out its going to have big impact on the football era.

once again i repeat myself if everyone in this world were adults and there were no children then this wouldnt matter but there are children in this world that look up to certain players good or not.

Guest epark1281

maybe if the vikes spent more time practicing and watching film and studying plays instead of banging groupies on boats, they might win a few more games.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

maybe if the vikes spent more time practicing and watching film and studying plays instead of banging groupies on boats, they might win a few more games.

I AGREE.

Guest Divine Hand

Look at the bright side. At least they made love in the pure waters of Lake Minnetonka.

----

To be serious for a moment, any players with girlfriends or wives really dropped the ball here. If I was married or in a serious relationship and allegations of my significant other being involved in a sex ship came up, I'd be freakin' ticked. That wouldn't sit well with me at all. So if this is true, those guys involved let themselves down and the people who love them.

“It doesn’t make things any simpler,” coach Mike Tice said Wednesday, “and quite frankly I’m not happy about it.”

Is he unhappy that his players were involved in this illicit behavior - or was he just upset that he didn't have the opportunity to scalp cruise tickets to this event?

:P

w10457092.jpg

Guest Krn_Track_Star

Is he unhappy that his players were involved in this illicit behavior - or was he just upset that he didn't have the opportunity to scalp cruise tickets to this event?

:P

w10457092.jpg

hahahahhah i like that but lets get serious guys. if i was a big fan of the vikings i would be torn right now. i understad yea they have their moments but other people have their moments to. thats why they do it in private inside of in public. dont get me wrong guys but some of these NFL players have children dont they. lets get forreal what happened if they found out about it. if i had a father that was in the NFL and i found out that he went on some sex boat with his teammate i would be sooo hurt. now this tells me how much they care about football. you see the players are suppose to be role model to children not a sex model.

Guest Mike_Jones

This happen all over the league and the world of sports but it was not done in the public and the Media made the story bigger then it is. I'm pretty sure every weekend players and teammates will be up to something no good (not all players) I don't know if you guys remember the ESPN tv show about a football team, ah hmm I don't know but it was on for only one season. But some of the things that happen in the show I believed take place in real life but just not the in public eye.

well remember these are adults that have big influcense on the younger ones. think as a parent here. lets say u have a child that wants to be like a big sports star and he gets in trouble with sex or drinking do you think thats going to have positive impact on the child. thats why its getting big. like you said if everyone in this world were adults and there were no children then yeah it will be fine but there are children that look up to certain players good or not. for example how many young kids want to be like michael vick alot of kids do and lets say he got caught drinking and having sex and the children found out do you think its going to have a positive impact on him. when that kid grows up and becomes a superstar like michael vick and he get invited to clubs and having sex. that kid is probably going to say O michael vick did it so it must be of so therefore i can do it.

i can see where this is leading for the vikings because you never know culpepper could of been involved and if when and that story comes out its going to have big impact on the football era.

once again i repeat myself if everyone in this world were adults and there were no children then this wouldnt matter but there are children in this world that look up to certain players good or not.

This incident wouldn't have even been an issue if the television media didn't make a big deal out of it. Yes, I realize there are children but they would have never been exposed to this if the television media didn't decide to spam it all over ESPN because of a false perception that this was big news. You want to blame somebody for exposing this kind of stuff to the children? Blame television.

Archived