Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

I have tried to edit the above article many times now, but my ongoing fight with Soompi editing continues.  So, I have to continue in a new "box" related to the above. 

The YesAsia description is confusing when it says that 100,000 pre-orders alone were placed, yet later says that The Image is limited to 15,000 copies worldwide.  Got to be a typo, right?  Forget the "nudes" business.  There aren't any.  YesAsia also said that the item is out of print and no longer available from the publisher.  Yet I found these sites

http://www.asiandb.com/store/detail.pfm?num=3542

http://www.koreapop.com/detail.php?num=3542

both of which are offering The Image as a collectors item for $300 not including shipping.  Just for fun, I checked the box that said "add to my cart", and no warning came up saying the item was unavailable.  I paid 1/3 that price, lucky me.

All of this is to serve as an intro to the next article I had found, but wondered about putting here in Soompi because it involved BYJs net worth on paper; it is related to the value of the stock he holds in KeyEast, which is changeable and volatile.  Here is the original article from on or about June 27, 2015:

HancinemaHeader_zpsuyr01xzy.jpg

HancinemaHouseFortune_zpsvhznap17.jpg

HancinemaHouseFortune1_zpsdmcy0shl.jpg

By my calculations this information shows BYJ is a billionaire, in US dollars, on paper, because of his stock holdings in KeyEast.  I suppose he has other assets besides house and car, and I wish for him true billionaire status in real money because I believe know he has truly earned it. 

Like I said I hesitated to put the article here in Soompi, and whaddya know, the next day, Kosdaq stocks across the board took a major hit and all of them were in the red.  All entertainment companies lost value.  Today, though, all seem to be back on track and are back in the black.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1

Ladies,

I am not sure if I can put this link here - a short interview, let's say so, with PSJ at Haneda airport:

Copy the link and wait patiently for the video to start.

You can read the translation of the conversation here:

http://lovebaeyongjoon.com/2015/06/30/park-soo-ji-on-jpn-tv-29-jun-2015/20150629goody/

Sorry for not pasting the text. Again - not sure if it is OK, so you will have to follow the links.

Edited by mstamatoff
  • Like 2

I don't know why the first link keeps disappearing. Maybe because it is a Facebook link. Hope you have found the video on the lovebaeyongjoon.com

@MyStars,

Reading about the "nude" photos of Bae's takes me back to our conversation about hypocrisy. You know what I mean. Some people die to find something to criticize him, no matter how hard he tries not to give a reason for even doubts about his decency and propriety. 

Edited by mstamatoff
  • Like 2

Reading about the "nude" photos of Bae's takes me back to our conversation about hypocrisy. You know what I mean. Some people die to find something to criticize him, no matter how hard he tries not to give a reason for even doubts about his decency and propriety. 

So true!  I know the machine translators could use a lot of human help, but short of translating word for word, in the time available I had to use the machine translator only.  Translating the Japanese gave pretty much the same results.  I suspect the true human reading would be far from the machine translation; at least, I hope so.  To make a very bad pun and play on words:  No "nudes", is good "nudes."   Whatever Bae does is in the context of the script, or the program, or the story which always seem to be chosen with care and good taste.  Yet, as you say, @mstamatoff, people will criticize him no matter what.

Thanks for that link to PSJ! 

• Like 1

Good afternoon, all!  A day or two ago on a BYJ company Facebook I found some unverified photos.  Luckily a day or two later I found on Anjela's Japanese blog some verifying information.  These photos are supposed to have been taken while BYJ was in the U.S. at the Masters Par 3 Contest.  I have cropped two of them, but left one as published.  The credit may go to someone who has an IG account with the possible handle of Sophie's Kitchen.  Please enjoy.

img_0_32_zpskz2k1vgh.jpg

newbyjcompanyfacebooktimeline1_zpsut95no

newbyjcompanyfacebooktimeline_zpskqglqeh

• Like 1

Good morning all!  Here's a wake-up photo from KeyEast mobile.  Better than coffee IMHO!  So good to see him enjoying himself.  This was at the Par 3 Contest of the Masters Tournament in the USA, April, 2015.  I was only 400+ miles away, but with his usual secrecy, his participation in the tournament (at the invitation of professional golfer Bae Sang Moon) was last-minute.  No chance for a ticket.  This photo is courtesy of Yume3 at Café Daum.

BYJ2015_7_3KEmobile_zpspuaylzvg.png

From Onpu's blog here are two big announcements of a special art exhibition in Tokyo, Japan, in October, 2015.  Notice each poster - on the bottom there is a wording that says "With BYJ."  I am afraid even with this much notice, I am not going to make this event either.

img_0_m_zpswkvqr5hz.jpg

img_1_mOnpu_zpshn6bxsja.jpg

• Like 1

Good afternoon all!  Soompi has been up to its vile tricks and has not let me access the website since 6:00 AM this morning.  It is now  3:00 PM on Saturday, July 4th, here in the U.S.  Which is actually OK for me, because it is our National Independence Day, a day of celebration and contemplation.  Even so, I hate that this BYJ site looks like it may have been ignored. 

It was a quiet news day around the BYJ blogs and news media sites, so I have nothing unusual to report.  One thing I did do was VOTE.  Remember the site that @mstamatoff gave us?  http://kpopdrama.info/kstaren0   Go vote!!

• Like 1

Oh Happy Day!  Another brave soul has published more video footage of Bae's Hokkaido Adventure. Thank you byjtamayon. Please enjoy while you can. 

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1

@MyStars said: One thing I did do was VOTE.  Remember the site that @‌mstamatoff gave us?  http://kpopdrama.info/kstaren0   Go vote!!

Every day, no matter what. Today I was No 575000 - almost 20 000 votes more than for No 2 in the chart! Keep voting! I hope this voting will inspire BYJ to produce something much more interesting for his devoted fans than this wedding, which, personally, I am fed up.

• Like 1

@mstamatoff, I still miss that LOL button.:D:lol:

I hope this voting will inspire BYJ to produce something much more interesting for his devoted fans than this wedding, which, personally, I am fed up.

I know, I know; me, too.  The Prince has met his Princess; the King has met his Queen, so let's get on with the show.   She looks lovely, acts with spirit, and is friendly and charming, and I am thrilled for them both.  And the puppies...gotta love the puppies....but...But busy though they both are with wedding preparations, and movie-making for Content K, and filming for Tasty Road, we (at least me and @mstamatoff) are looking for our daily dose of BYJ, just BYJ.  Thankfully we still have pictures from Italy and from golf in the USA, and MVs and pictures from the Hokkaido Adventure. These are better than nothing, admittedly.  But it seems like that if you feed the FanBeast just a little, the FanBeast just wants more.  OK, I just speak for myself here.  I love how many fans go to his IG (which is up to almost 47,000 followers) and plead and beg for him to return to dramas or movies, or even have more specials.  It just turned July, 2015, but it is just a reminder that his birthday is late in August, just next month!  Time to get creating cards and MV's.

From around the interwebs today there was this item:  Credit as tagged.

JYP%20wedding%20singer_zps01qt8gaf.jpg

JYP%20to%20sing%20a%20Baes%20wedding_zps

Café Daum also provided this article about BYJ on TV.  I have the original in Japanese, then a Bing machine translation:

C720CafeDaum_zpsjdrv0gel.jpg

En%20Soul%20II_zpsnaw1w17z.jpg

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Jin Young Says “Infinity Challenge Music Festival 2015″ Is More Important Than Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin’s Wedding

Park Jin Young has revealed that he would choose performing on “Infinity Challenge Music Festival 2015” over attending Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin’s wedding.

Park Jin Young was revealed as one of the contestants of the MBC variety program’s Music Festival during its first broadcast on July 4. During the show, Yoo Jae Suk announced that Park Jin Young will be singing at Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin’s wedding ceremony this Fall.

20150704001122_0_99_20150704185703.jpg?t

“What if the wedding falls on the same day as the Music Festival?” Jung Hyung Don then asked. At this, Park Jin Young said he would choose the Music Festival, saying, “My friend will understand.”

Meanwhile, “Infinity Challenge Music Festival 2015” is the fifth iteration of the program’s music festival series, which began back in 2007 with its “Riverside Road Concert.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/05/park-jin-young-says-infinity-challenge-music-festival-2015-is-more-important-than-bae-yong-joon-and-park-soo-jins-wedding/

Media experts reveal top celebrities who look prettiest in real life

In a survey amongst entertainment personnel to find the best looking male & female celebrities of Korea, only one idol was included in the list of all actors and actresses!

Fans are sharing the trending post showing how just ONE idol was included in this list amongst some of the most gorgeous actors and actresses in Korea.

Girls’ Generation Yoona was the lucky one to be added to the list, while no other idol was included. Check out the full list below!

c6405a9225ac5208aedd1ee82502f380

Male:
1. Jang Dong Gun – 12
2. Bae Yong Joon – 4
3. Jung Joon Ho – 3
4. Lee Byung Hun, Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin, Song Seung Hun – 2
5. Joo Jin Mo, Won Bin, Jung Woo Sung, Daniel Henney, Kang Dong Won, Park Jae Jung, Shin Sung Il, Park Sang Won – 1

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source: Instiz / koreaboo

• Like 4

‌@adikkeluangman,

I hope the dates will not coincide, so BYJ and PSJ won't be upset on their wedding day. Although I am a bit surprised. Isn't  Park Jin Young a singer, popular enough and not that young (despite his last name;))? Is it that important to him to take part in this contest?

@willenette,

It's so exciting, that BYJ is not forgotten and his handsomeness is still highly estimated. Totally deserved position. I would put him one position up.

Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

Good morning @addikeluangman, @willenette, and @mstamatoff!  Thank you so much for the articles and comments.  Somehow we have to cheer up @RamonaMona.  I hope my only contribution this morning will go a long way to generating cheer.  From Yuriko at Café Daum, another Augusta Golf Classic:

KEmobileaugusta7-6_zps8duthmqy.png

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Hello there, @RamonaMona!  You are more than welcome for Bae at Augusta.  I am glad you enjoyed it.  But your picture - your digital creation, is wonderful!  Can you tell us more about it?  What or where is the background?  Even if I zoom my browser, I can't read the store signs.  I guess if he won't, or can't, or doesn't come back on his own, then people like you will have to bring him back any way that it can be done.  Thank you so much.

• Like 1

is my personal account Instagram    https://instagram.com/ramona.ona/  

I think BYJ was not prepared to leave his acting career ,he is such an amazing man that made me have some conclusion as to why his fans had never left him and still love him up to this time . We will always be beside him .I am sorry for all my mistakes writing.hugs from Romania .

thank you MyStars ,my digital creation  express my love for him .

• Like 2

@RamonaMona - is the background, the picture behind BYJ, is that in Romania?  What town?  Don't be sorry.  There are no mistakes when you love BYJ.  Hugs back from me in the U.S.A. Keep the beautiful pictures coming to the forum.  I love your avatar.  Is it BYJ in a Megane Ichiba commercial?