Asian Hair Salons In Oregon

~ BunnyliciouS ~

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pikapika

i got my haircut today~thought about going to ultimate but i checked and it was kinda far from any max station so i passed

went to this place my mom recommended "west slope hair salon" its off of canyon...cheap and she's pretty solid~

• 2 weeks later...

even though im a guy and i dont go to any hair salons. theres a place that my gf and some other people i know. its on sandy kind of near the thanh thao store and i think its called 'Thanh Thuy's' but im not sure if its still there or not.

Monica's is the GREATEST.

My sister and her friend went to get a cut there, and their hair turned out to be GORGEOUS!

I totally recomend it to anyone :rolleyes:

Ah~ I really want to go do something with my hair and there's this Japanese salon near my house, but I can't find any reviews or ANYTHING at ALL on it!

It's called Sea Star Hair Salon (海の星) and it's on Stark and 119th (~ish).

It's a little blue building that's right on Stark.

Man, I really want to go, but I don't know ANYTHING about it :[

I really want to get a digital/airwave perm D: Haha, I'm so bored with my hair...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest s333ompi

1) ABC Hair Salon - Map Link

2) Mona Lisa - Map Link

3) March - Map Link

4) Chong's - Map Link

5) Ultimate Hair Design - Map Link

6) Artisan Salon - Map Link

7) Ga-In - Map Link

8) New Seoul - [Hmm.. Can't find this place]

Any other places I missed listed so far in this thread?

So..... Which one of these places is a good place for a "guy" to get his haircut? :D

I have medium long hair. Been growing it out for half a year now. Going for the jaejoong hair cut style.

2275233632_1ecbe77c6e.jpg2275234132_b537661ef4.jpg2275266178_22791ed3d0.jpg

I haven't stepped in a salon for a haircut. Usually I shave it myself lawl or get a quick buzz from a friend.

I'm clueless how to approach these place. Any advice would help ha. Hoping I could bring a photo in and let them do their magic.

^

Not Ultimate Hair Design for sure.

ABC hair salon is the best bet.

The owner has bunch of books of asian hairstyles that look like those.

Thanks for the list btw !

Ah~ I really want to go do something with my hair and there's this Japanese salon near my house, but I can't find any reviews or ANYTHING at ALL on it!

It's called Sea Star Hair Salon (海の星) and it's on Stark and 119th (~ish).

It's a little blue building that's right on Stark.

Man, I really want to go, but I don't know ANYTHING about it :[

I really want to get a digital/airwave perm D: Haha, I'm so bored with my hair...

i want that perm too

but I can't afford $100+ for it :(

I'd rather buy a handbag LOL

Guest PopoCh3n

Can anyone suggest a place that would be able to do this haircut? i brought it to a salon near in my area today and they john teshed my mini cooper up

bombheadmonstershairwor.jpg

I've got a wedding to go to in a couple months and I'm not trying to show up with a messed up haircut. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest s333ompi

s333ompi - no; i think that's perfect salon 2.

perfect salon one is on 52nd and Powell at Madison Square by Allstate

lol didn't know there exists two 'perfect salon'

Guest CuTEHEaRts

Can anyone suggest a place that would be able to do this haircut? i brought it to a salon near in my area today and they john teshed my mini cooper up

bombheadmonstershairwor.jpg

I've got a wedding to go to in a couple months and I'm not trying to show up with a messed up haircut. Thanks in advance for any help.

On Division and 110, there's a place called FOCUS hair design and that place is good with that chop. He is good with cutting the taiwanese hairstye. =)

Guest tommylove<3

I have a question (: How much do Mona Lisa and March charge for a haircut?

Since I'm in dire need of one because I'm cutting my hair short because right now it's at medium

length.

• 2 months later...
Guest Kate

Sorry to bump this up from the depths, but I wanted to share my experience. =]

I went to Ultimate Hair Design on 82nd and Burnside (easily accessible by the No. 20 Burnside-Stark Trimet bus) and I had a great experience. I felt very well taken care of, and they explained everything before they did it. I brought in pictures and the woman explained what it would do to get there and gave me suggestions for my own face shape. She also styled my hair for free! =]

I would definitely recommend this place! It was only $13 too. ^-^v

• 1 month later...
Guest s333ompi

My experiences so far testing out different places.

Ultimate Hair Design

My regular place i go 2-3yrs ago. Result varies.

There are like 3-5 people that work there. The only one that cut my hair good was Thuy or something, but shes always booked or busy.

They used some scissors and mostly hair buzzer/clipper on me. (had short spikey hair back then)

$7

Supercuts

Went to random places during college. Results vary widely.

I get a different stylist each time. Some better than others. Never really had a real good cut there.

$10-12

Grace Hair Salon

I went here in sometime in 2008. Okay cut.

There are numerous people that cut there. Place is spacious and trendy being down in pearl district downtown.

Lady I got used razors to cut and was pretty detailed in asking what I wanted.

Got a nice hair wash/shampoo

$35

Artisan Salon

I went there in January 2009 and had a Japanese lady named Michiko cut my air. Turned out very nice.

The place was spacious, clean and sort of trendy/classy like.

She layers and thins with only scissors and very detailed. Says she doesn't like using razors cuz usually it dull and dmg hair.

Twists your hair fluffs it up somehow and cuts at an angle. Ask exactly what you want and goes slowly.

Got a nice hair wash/shampoo and neck/shoulder massage.

$40 bucks

Perfect Salon

I went here around March 2009. Turned out okay.

Place was a small typical asian hair salon look.

Lady that cut my hair used a razor to thin. Was a bit rough with the razor cuz it felt like some of my hair was being pulled off.

She talked on the phone with her husband while cutting my hair lol. Was fast like 10-15min. Didn't ask much in detail what I wanted.

$7 bucks

ABC Hair Salon

I went there June 2009. Turned out not so well.

Place was even smaller than Perfect salon and a barber like place.

Guy that cut my hair used teeth cutting sheers to thin/layer my hair.

I said I only wanted a trim and some hair thin out, but he took off like 60% my hair.

Got clumps of short/long hair that doesn't blend well and I lost my bangs and sides.

I look like a guy that's starting to lose his hair to cancer or something.

$7 bucks

I might try Ga-In, Chong or March next when my hair regrows out long enuff.

• 1 month later...
Guest Justalilodreamer

Sea Star Salon

Im actually not sure if its Sea Star, i thought it wasn't but my aunt said it was (since she brought me) and its not a japanese hair salon, they're chinese o-o. I'll edit this once i make sure its Sea Star, it shared a building with a chinese market.

The place was a bit shabby looking (but i went there several years ago so i dont remember much). I brought along two pictures and the owner was the one who cut my hair. It wasn't bad since i think my hair is hard to cut right (too thin). She used thinning scissors and thinning combs which sort of hurt cause it pulls at your hair :huh: but overall, the style looked nicer once it grew out. I dont remember the price but i wasn't anything over $18. No wash/shampoo (i think that cost extra?) she only used a spray bottle. On a scale of 1-10 i'd give it a 7.

Hong Kong Style Salon on 82nd, by FuBonn and right next to Fu Wa (restaurant)

I just got my hair cut there by Alex Lee, the owner of the salon. I've heard MANY good reviews from my family and friends about this salon so i decided to give it a try. Its a very small place but id say its a BIT more trendy than other chinese salons and he's the only stylist there but anyway... i brought along a picture and he took his time on trimming/layering the ends so it turned pretty well (he uses many different types of scissors) the only problem is, he trimmed my bangs way too short but everyone told me it was necessary to balance out the length of my hair now so *shrugs* ... but i think i'll like my hair after a week or so :) Its $23 flat for women (wash and cut) and $18(?) for men. I think he's pretty good with guys hair since he have a book on japanese guy hairstyles, and my picky cousins go there. He also listens to hk songs while he cut so theres no awkward silence or anything which was pretty nice since i heard some of my favorite songs haha. On a scale of 1-10 id give it an 8.

I think its because i have a fairly high forehead so whenever i get a haircut they tend to cut me straight bangs (which i dont like) and i probably set my expectations too high cause i prefer to trim my own hair since i know what i want. :wacko: i only go to a pro when i need a major haircut.

Guest Annyon

Sorry I had to bump this (I was googling when I suddenly popped into this thread LOL) but my nephew is getting his hair cut on thursday (in two days!) and he wanted me to find a good asian salon in the portland area.... Beaverton and Wilsonville would be closer, but if portland is better, then it doesn't matter..

Anyways he wants to know where he can get his hair thinned and cut/styled like a typical asian boy whos' into japanese/korean hair style. He's also going to dye his hair for the first time but doesn't want to spend a lot of money (and his mom won't let him dye it at home lol)... So a price range would be good too. (:

Thanks!~

- annyon

Hong Kong Style Salon on 82nd, by FuBonn and right next to Fu Wa (restaurant)

I just got my hair cut there by Alex Lee, the owner of the salon. I've heard MANY good reviews from my family and friends about this salon so i decided to give it a try. Its a very small place but id say its a BIT more trendy than other chinese salons and he's the only stylist there but anyway... i brought along a picture and he took his time on trimming/layering the ends so it turned pretty well (he uses many different types of scissors) the only problem is, he trimmed my bangs way too short but everyone told me it was necessary to balance out the length of my hair now so *shrugs* ... but i think i'll like my hair after a week or so :) Its $23 flat for women (wash and cut) and $18(?) for men. I think he's pretty good with guys hair since he have a book on japanese guy hairstyles, and my picky cousins go there. He also listens to hk songs while he cut so theres no awkward silence or anything which was pretty nice since i heard some of my favorite songs haha. On a scale of 1-10 id give it an 8.

I think its because i have a fairly high forehead so whenever i get a haircut they tend to cut me straight bangs (which i dont like) and i probably set my expectations too high cause i prefer to trim my own hair since i know what i want. :wacko: i only go to a pro when i need a major haircut.

i recommend that.(:

he's super nice.

and my mom's friend.

he's cut my hair since i was little;

and i switched to some other salon called Focus or something, and i didn't really like it.

so i'm planning to go back to HKStyleSalon.

Archived