Ipod Help!

Guest Rainie

Guest Rainie

I'm having frustrating problems with my ipod video...

It's basically new and the batteries drain out after just a few hours of playback...and I'm only playing music, no videos or anything -___-, why is this?

Also, I have trouble converting videos, it says my computer is missing a codec? Do any of you guys know by any chance which codec? I downloaded the codec pack, but it still doesn't work...I use Cucusoft converter btw.

Another thing is that whenever I plug my ipod to the computer, it ALWAYS says do not disconnect...even after all the files have loaded...I have no idea why either...can somebody please explain?

HELP!!!

It says that so you can go to itunes and click that eject button. Don't have itunes here, but its a little eject button next to the Ipod name.

Well if you can play the video on your computer (source video) then we should blame the convertor. Maybe try http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ for the heck of it. Was free the last time I checked.

Reguarding yoru battery life, how long do you get? If its like really short it might be worth taking it into the apple store to swap ipods. You might just have a defective pod.

Guest Rainie

For the do not disconnect problem, it started happening recently...and yeah, I do use the eject button...but it still doesn't work...it continues to say "Do not disconnect".

Thanks for the link, I'll try it :).

I get around 6-8 hours playback on music I think? I set the backlight to 2 seconds or something like that...but it's still like that...

It's a new ipod, I got it about a month ago, but I only used it for 3 times...

Guest happyroach

^I get around 6-8 on mine as well (I also have a 5G 30 GB video). I screw around with it a lot though lol

Plus, my friends who have iPods all tell me the battery life is utter crap. So don't buy it when they say you can get up to 11 hrs of playback...well, they did say "up to"

Mine actually takes a couple of seconds to get the "Do not disconnect" screen to disappear after I eject my iPod. How long do you have to wait?

Guest Rainie

^Thanks for the advice...but it's a completely new ipod...:(...only around 6 hours of playback...I expected more -___-...dang

Also, the do not disconnect thing appears everytime I plug my ipod into my computer...it never happened the first time I was uploading songs...now it happens every time...and it doesn't disappear...so I'm always forced to disconnect it -___-

Guest happyroach

^Mine is only 3 weeks old as well. So I'd say it's pretty brand new hehe

I mean the Do not disconnect thing is supposed to show when you connect your iPod to the computer, but it also should disappear after you eject it. Although--make sure you eject it both from iTunes AND from the "Safely remove USB mass storage device" icon thingie in your taskbar. After that, if your iPod still insists on showing the "Do not disconnect" screen, take it to an Apple store ;D

OH BY THE WAY.

Did you let it charge fully the first time you plugged it in?

Guest Rainie

^No, I don't think so, I just wanted to upload new songs...and after I did, I ejected it, but the "do no disconnect" still showed up...I don't usually charge it with the computer btw, I use an adaptor.

What's "Safely remove USB mass storage device" icon thingie in your taskbar?

EDIT

OKAY, now it works now...I got what you were talking about the "do not disconnect" thing disappeared -___-

When I first got the video, I did a mass upload...about a 700-800 songs all at once from my computer O.o...I hope that didn't harm the system...I just hate the battery >.<

Thanks for all your help :) Now I just gotta figure out how to convert video files and how to load them onto my ipod. Thanks a bunch :)

Guest happyroach

^Yay it works! :D

And I ask you if you charged fully because the manual suggests a full charge the first time you use your iPod (better for the battery). So if you didn't, that could explain why you only get such low playback time.

I...forgot to give it a full charge as well (lol). That might be why we both get such crappy playback times.

Then of course...iPod batteries suck in general, so...

Anyway I have a good-working video converter for my iPod. I can upload it for you~

Guest iamsars

i've had my ipod for 3-4 months 5g 30 gig and last time i checked i got like 4-5 hrs of music and 40 minutes of video :blink: dunno if thats alot though :rolleyes:

Guest Rainie

^Yay it works! :D

And I ask you if you charged fully because the manual suggests a full charge the first time you use your iPod (better for the battery). So if you didn't, that could explain why you only get such low playback time.

I...forgot to give it a full charge as well (lol). That might be why we both get such crappy playback times.

Then of course...iPod batteries suck in general, so...

Anyway I have a good-working video converter for my iPod. I can upload it for you~

That would be awesome :)

Thanks a whole lot...

^I get around 6-8 on mine as well (I also have a 5G 30 GB video). I screw around with it a lot though lol

Plus, my friends who have iPods all tell me the battery life is utter crap. So don't buy it when they say you can get up to 11 hrs of playback...well, they did say "up to"

Mine actually takes a couple of seconds to get the "Do not disconnect" screen to disappear after I eject my iPod. How long do you have to wait?

:o you actually got a mp3 player! I bet its a lot better than that $100 you missed out on long ago. :) (except the battery part but I think all batteries suck anyways)

Guest happyroach

That would be awesome :)

Thanks a whole lot...

I PM-ed ya~

:o you actually got a mp3 player! I bet its a lot better than that $100 you missed out on long ago. :) (except the battery part but I think all batteries suck anyways)

LOL YOU REMEMBER! And shut up...yes I am glad that the iPod is so much slimmer than the brick I could've bought. And VIDEOS! LIKE. WOAH! Even though the screen is tiny hahahaha but still. Videos! And it's so pretty...

Except my computer's gay (I can't transfer files at usb 2.0 speeds -.-;;)

And yeah batteries all suck pretty much. But I've got my adaptor! And silicon cases and all...hahahaha I love customizing my stuff

Psh im disapointed in you

Go spend hmm ~$10 on a USB 2.0 PCI card if your motherboard doesn't support it.

If it does, then sometimes installing the chipset drivers will help. Sometimes (as odd as it sounds) uninstalling the USB drivers will put it into 2.0 speeds (it will use the XP SP1+ drivers instead which support USB 2.0). And as implied with the previous sentence... you DO have at least service pack 1 right?

Also although it may be quite obvious, try other USB ports. On the back of my motherboard the top 2 are 2.0 the bottom two are 1.1. Internally, the first set of USB headers are 1.1 while the second set is 2.0. Why they did that I have no clue. But my usb ports are evil like that.

Else if laptop, pcmcia usb 2.0 cards are also very affordable.

And yes, I remember just about everything amusing girls say. Note the S so you don't go psycho on me -_-

Guest happyroach

^Haha yes I do have four USB 2.0 slots (where as all my other removable hardware, such as thumbdrives and memory cards in cameras work perfectly fine at 2.0 speeds), it's just that my poddie does not wish to cooperate.

And yes, I have uninstalled the drivers. I've installed an update to my mobo's firmware. I tried installing WinXP + SP2. All that to no avail :/

So...I am doing Windows Update at the moment (just made my pirated copy "genuine" too lol), hoping it'd help. If not, USB 2.0 PCI cards, come to mama!

(I should really build a new computer though lol. This old hag has been with me for 4 years! Or I can be lazy and buy a Dell...)

Guest iamsars

make a computer u can get so much more for less XD

isn't it possible to have some1 put it together for u once u buy everything? :blink:

Guest PixxStixx

Yeah, my video Ipod is like that too. UGH so stupid. I had it fully rechard and It only once was fully drained. And I charged it and left it on the counter for 2 weeks then when i listend to it.. it's battery was at green then after it ran out of batteries within like.. 5 minute.s. UGH. stupid Ipods

Archived