Seo Taiji Posts Status Update, Reveals That a 9th Album Is in the Works

Newsie

Singer Seo Taiji revealed what he’s been up to recently on his official homepage.

Seo Taiji put up a post titled “Merry Christmas,” along with a picture of himself, on December 23. He greeted fans, saying, “Hello~ Merry Christmas. It’s been a long time. I hope everyone is doing well.”

“It feels like the last time I left a message was when it was hot, but it’s already gotten so cold that somehow it feels like time is going back faster and faster. It’s my fault. You guys were all babies but now you’re working, raising kids and studying. You must be having a hard time. The world will be a better place in 2014, won’t it?” He said, asking after his fans and sending well wishes for the New Year.

Seo Taiji went on to reveal what he had been up to lately in the last four months, and it was accompanied with the good news that he was working on a new album. “This year, I’ve been working only on my music, so there’s been nothing particularly exciting going on. Sometimes, I go snowboarding, but that’s about it. I was really busy this year that I didn’t even have time to see my beloved Miss R [referring to his radio-controlled toy car]. I am completely absorbed in my work because I want to meet someone quickly.”

“I held a year-end party with my friends which doubled as a party to wish for success with my ninth album. As we talked about the 90s, we reminisced and longed for the good times past. And so, I think my ninth album will turn out to be a success as well.”

Seo Taiji had uploaded a few pictures for fans that were curious about what he’s been up to. However, his face did not appear in the pictures, creating an air of mystery around the singer. He also took a line out of Young Do’s book (The Heirs), saying, “Why are you taking it so seriously? Makes me feel like turning you down~”

He then uploaded a picture of himself assembling his toy car, with half his face appearing this time, and ended his post saying, “I have to run away for today. Good night and see you tomorrow. Dream of me. Goodbye.”

Seo Taiji’s December 23 post was his first since August. The last time he made a post, he had talked about his wedding ceremony with actress Lee Eun Sung in the presence of family members.

View the full article

Archived