Home Decor

Guest severus

Guest severus

How often do you redecorate and switch up furniture and decor? 

Some of my favourite inspirational looks:

IS1rtrmeatvqem1000000000.jpg

57a23aeaf12702a580d5e4a5f094e81e.jpg

1261cad60e1b40d2c94aebd679afece0.jpg

caf48b429ec622ecdcc0cdb8929eaa04.jpg

Conclusion: chandelier in a bedrood is a must.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to enjoy light, neutral colours.  Glass over wood or with wood.  For instance, I'd opt for a glass dinner table or glass coffee table over just wood.  Not a big fan of too much old wood (i hate old or aged looking wood or dark wood).   

I like this room but I'd have a photo of a female actress instead (probably a B&W Scarlett Johannson poster).  I like B&W posters of actresses or movie posters.  It looks good set in a very modern room design.  

However, girls have always complained about the actress poster I have in my room so I've had to take it down and replace it with a movie poster.  I use to have a Scarlett J one that would illicit the most bitchy comments from Asian chicks :rolleyes:  Emma Stone seems to get quite a lot of all-around hate from girls too.  There are certain girls that other girls just do not like.  Emma Stone never fails to bring on girl-on-girl hate.  [An experiment for the guys reading this:  Tell your girlfriend how much you loved Crazy, Stupid, Love.  How "great" you thought Emma Stone was in that movie, and how she's become one of your favourite actresses.  Her reaction will be an Armageddon level of anger.]

sweet-bedroom-interior-design.jpg

BillGatesHouse+29.jpg

This one needs a cityscape or b&w scarlett j poster above.  

210884__interior-design-bedroom-bed_p.jp

Guest severus

@zantac_2 YAASSSSSSSS white kitchens and anything French provincial. 

Bright tableware in white kitchens though. I hauled a bunch of handmade Turkish ceramics home from Kusadasi home last year. Love the bright colours and the textures... they also make eating rice less boring. 

Details in linens make ALLLLLLLLL the difference. Lili Allessandra makes some of my favourite linens. 

600_theresa_flax.jpg

Guest severus

@Sommelier Ew posters though. The only canvas of someone I'd maybe put up in a house might be a canvas of Coco Chanel, like maybe in my study/den/library.

coco_chanel_LP.jpg

I used to have a 5 feet poster of Audrey Hepburn hanging on my wall like 6 years ago, and then basic btchs started to do it, so I had to stop. 

@Sommelier Ew posters though. The only canvas of someone I'd maybe put up in a house might be a canvas of Coco Chanel, like maybe in my study/den/library.

coco_chanel_LP.jpg

I used to have a 5 feet poster of Audrey Hepburn hanging on my wall like 6 years ago, and then basic btchs started to do it, so I had to stop. 

​I'm not really a fan of hanging stuff like abstract art or sports stuff. So that leaves me with 1) Movie/album posters; 2) Actresses; 3) Cityscapes (kinda lame).  Any ideas of cool stuff to hang/display?  I admire art like the Mary Ellen Matthews photos they use on SNL - I love those.  

I know people say posters should be immediately abandoned after moving out of your college dorm room.  I try to keep it to classy/interesting stuff (no collegey/high school stuff like posters of Ferraris or Sin City Jessica Alba posters).  

G81531_b.jpgAngelina_Jolie_b58bb2335790ec7b40043ada1

I think stuff like this is really cool.  If you're into interior design, and looking for work checkout Pinterest's office.  Some of the best interior design work I've seen.  Canadian offices aren't there yet :( modern-office-interior-design-with-glass

ive always wanted to splurge on nice linen. but its such a waste on me. one, i never make my bed. and two, i sleep on a piece of foam that really isnt a mattress haha.

this is a triple threat for me. tall bookcase, hidden compartment, quirky colour feature wall! (actually there are a lot more richard simmons i like in this very photo)
18328354481_682b947f2b_c.jpg

Guest severus

DROOOOOOL. Arched door, tall book case, accent wall, secret room, minimum 12 ft ceilings. 

One thing that really bugs me about the house I'm living in now is that the upstairs ceiling is 9 ft. Drives me insane when I pay attention to it. 

privacy+curtains.jpg?format=500w

LINENNNSSS. I want to take out the door to my closet put nice drapes in like this instead. Except low ceilings RUIN EVERYTHINGGG. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lonnanecker

The bedroom with the blue colour texture is great, it just makes the room lively and pleasant, the kitchen is also perfectly set with wooden flooring, these type of flooring are still in trend and gives a rich look to your interior, but the room with a  floating bed should have been decorated with more colour interiors, the carpet should have been also recommended with the wool carpet manufacturers.

• 1 month later...
Guest emily_clay_stv

I  use yellow color, It looks beautiful. Yellow are also very vibrant and lively, you can easily feel energized with this kind of style in the bedroom. Here look at this image.modern-yellow-bedroom-ideas-interior-des

Guest severus

Ooooh the yellow accent wall makes the room extra lively. Unfortunately I'm yellow skinned with yellow undertones, and yellow on yellow on yellow is a no no. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you are looking for a few afferodable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, Make your home distinct with these little accents:

1- Rearrange  the furniture : Pull your furniture away from the wall , Try positning it at fascinating way ,  Arranging the sofa diagonally across the narrow living room will make the room look wider and provide a warm, inviting layout.
2- Paint Paint and clean : you will be surprised by final result .
3- Paint a wall: Paint one wall with your favorate colour and make it the focal point . Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there.
4) Bring in Plants : Greanery always adds a breath of fresh air to room , if you dont have green thumb , try silk plants and trees .
5) Toss in colour : Bright light and good lightning works well 
6) Ladle on the light : one of the most important thing is to have all natural light you possibly can .
7) Dress up : Creative use of modling fabric even paint will do magic on your door .
8) Hang Picture or a mirror : Hang Picture that refelects your Personality , try frames that are more coordinate 
9) Do not clutter : Clutter always works aginst you Keep it simple. Add vertical space with shelves or bookcases in closets or other areas to minimise cluttering as much as possible.
10) Lay an area Rug : An area rug is the wonderfull way of defining a conversation area .try one that compliments the room .
11) Replace Lamps : lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated.
12) Add decorative Pillos : a good news about decorative pillow is that , they are easy to add texture and pattern 
13) Add candles/candle holders: this is always a winner If you have some intriguing candle holders, try those. Use at least two candle holders for balance.
14) Display Books : Display a few hard cover books that are intresting and have heard cover books that are interesting and have covers which tie into your decor colour scheme.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If your home is decorate everytime than you feel fresh.Alluring home decor accessories at your home can attract guests and relatives.While you buy home decor items like rugs,curtains,cushions etc. you should be very careful about the quality and colors according to your furniture and wall colors.I purchased curtains online from Maspar ,they provides the best quality products at your doorstep.My experience was really good so i would suggest you to buy from this.Apart from this,you must choose alluring lighting for your living room or guest room.

Archived