Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest Tailo

I sort of get it by reading it, but I can't do it on Photoshop.

Not that I can't, but I don't think got it.

Can someone make a tutorial on this?

Thanks!

Let me elaborate on what Jason told you...

1. Depending on the original image file you have, delete the letters they're already holding. Use the eraser or any other tool you're comfortable with.

2. Type out the first letter using the text tool. Use the font and font-settings you want. Press Enter (on the numpad).

3. Type the other letters you want separately, just as in step 2. This should give you one layer per letter (10 in this case).

4. Select the layer for the first letter.

5. Press CTRL/CMD+T. This will allow you to rotate (right-click > Rotate) and move your letter in the right place. Rotate how you want it.

6. Move the letter in the right place (i.e., into the first hand). You can do this by dragging the letter from inside the transformation box.

7. Once you have it in place, press Enter.

8. Do this for all of the letters (rotate, move).

Okay, once you've got all of the letters in place, you have to check if they are supposed to be in front of or behind the fingers. This is where I hope you have the original because SiWon's hand isn't fully there. Anyway, if the letter is in front, you needn't do anything, if it's behind you'll have to change the layer order (put the letter below the orig). To do so, you'll need to delete the white background from the picture (check the tutorials on removing backgrounds).

That's the simplest way I can explain right now.

[EDIT] I just gave it a quick, rough try. This is what came of it:

sujuilovejuicego2.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iya.donghae

Aack. Selective coloring. I call it colorization coz that's what I thought it was. xD

I've come up with a really easier way to do that. :x

Note: Ignore the version compatibility thingie coz I wasn't myself when I did that. xD I'm pretty sure it works well with versions before CS.

tutorialan6.jpg

Sungmin image from YuMMMie forums. Kibum image from AsianHunk.

Bad memory causes trouble. So here's the list of the brush resources I had. I wasn't sure who made what, so..

Flying High Resources ; Rain Harbour Resources ; Google ;Soompi ; SJ FH ; TVXQ! Brazil ; LiveJournal ; DeviantArt ; http://inobscuro.com ; http://brushes.500ml.org/list2.php ; http://www.spy-glass.net/brushes/brushes.html ; Photoshopbrushes.com ; Blazter ; freephotoshop.com ; http://echoica.net ; appendixsquared ; fractured sanity ; obsidiandawn ; dafont ; 1000Fonts ; Puzzle Distortia ; Headlock ; The Butterfly ; Hybrid Genesis; The Magic Box ; static-romance.org ; fullmind79 ; titelfe; textura

Guest tramy

Duplicate the 'girl' layer.2. Set Layer mode to 'Screen'.3. Adjust 'opacity' or 'fill' percentage to taste.4. Filter>Blur>Surface blur. Adjust to taste.Probably the quickest way. Not too much control, though. But consistent.

thanks jason..but it doesnt seem to get that same 'effect' but thanks for explaining.

Guest bohemianheart.

Hello. Well i was wondering how do you get this filter look:

the one where the text is. that light textures kinda thing.

Forever_Charmed4.jpg

Credits: e k o t i a. taking request thread.

&& how the color around, is it brushes or just a default brush? the orange and brownish thing around. the solid colors. It looks like a default brush but yeah can anyone tell me how to do the filter style and the orange and brown brush around?

Thank you millions!

Guest Muddie Murda

Hello. Well i was wondering how do you get this filter look:

the one where the text is. that light textures kinda thing.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb306/e...er_Charmed4.jpg

Credits: e k o t i a. taking request thread.

&& how the color around, is it brushes or just a default brush? the orange and brownish thing around. the solid colors. It looks like a default brush but yeah can anyone tell me how to do the filter style and the orange and brown brush around?

Thank you millions!

Looks like a stock picture of flowers or a brush (because I had a brush w/ those flowers once :D). If you'd like to try that though, a stock will do if you can't find the brush.

"Light texture"?? Like those two lines?? Well you can use the pen tool to make those two lines. I believe it was explained a page or so back.........And then you can use the "glow tutorial" I made, which can be found on the index, to make it glowy.

As for the brown/orange thing...I'm sure the original picture had the brown on it (or they changed the background color using coloring/hue). Lighter color could probably be from just using the simple fading circle default brush. Make a new layer, brush over it a bit, and then you can scroll down the "blending" mode list to your taste.

Err, I hope that helps. So um yeah...it's not really "filtering."

And ummmmmmmmm............................no offense to some...but if you're going to anwer someone's question w/ just the word "filter," please refrain yourself from doing so, for that's not really the answer. "Just mess around with the filters," won't really answer it either. Just because it looks cool and pretty, doesn't mean it's all from filtering. Some stuff don't even deal w/ filtering. Aish, I really need to get done w/ that q&a I'm doing. *back to hiding* JUST KIDDDDDIIINNNNGGGG!!

Guest bohemianheart.

Looks like a stock picture of flowers or a brush (because I had a brush w/ those flowers once :D). If you'd like to try that though, a stock will do if you can't find the brush.

"Light texture"?? Like those two lines?? Well you can use the pen tool to make those two lines. I believe it was explained a page or so back.........And then you can use the "glow tutorial" I made, which can be found on the index, to make it glowy.

As for the brown/orange thing...I'm sure the original picture had the brown on it (or they changed the background color using coloring/hue). Lighter color could probably be from just using the simple fading circle default brush. Make a new layer, brush over it a bit, and then you can scroll down the "blending" mode list to your taste.

Err, I hope that helps. So um yeah...it's not really "filtering."

And ummmmmmmmm............................no offense to some...but if you're going to anwer someone's question w/ just the word "filter," please refrain yourself from doing so, for that's not really the answer. "Just mess around with the filters," won't really answer it either. Just because it looks cool and pretty, doesn't mean it's all from filtering. Some stuff don't even deal w/ filtering. Aish, I really need to get done w/ that q&a I'm doing. *back to hiding* JUST KIDDDDDIIINNNNGGGG!!

Thank you Muddie Murda for explaining the brush and the filtering. Um.. yeah i found it a few pages back:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...56&st=2560#

but then once i get to this one

help!

I don't understand like what kind of filtering she used. I understand she used wave and etc, but how did she get those lines? I tried using the pen tool like you mentioned, but it turned out ajiejr;ej; all a sudden. But thank you once again. : )

I'll be trying that brush thing that you mentioned. ehehhee.

Guest Tailo

Thank you Muddie Murda for explaining the brush and the filtering. Um.. yeah i found it a few pages back:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...56&st=2560#

but then once i get to this one

help!

I don't understand like what kind of filtering she used. I understand she used wave and etc, but how did she get those lines? I tried using the pen tool like you mentioned, but it turned out ajiejr;ej; all a sudden. But thank you once again. : )

I'll be trying that brush thing that you mentioned. ehehhee.

If you're talking about the bounding-box lines, those are just from the Free Transform (CTRL/CMD+T or Edit > Free Transform). She was rotating her light stock image to her preference, just like she said "I'm rotating my layers to make it look[] good."

And as she explained: Filter > Distort > Wave.

But anyway, if that's not it, then what lines are you talking about?

Guest gd-ise.

I have a question >_<

I dun really get the pen tool thingie

I followed some tutorials I found but I got really confused when they said the path thingie

Can somebody explain what is the pen tool used for and how to use it to me please?

when I tried using the pen tool, the results was like @#$@#$@#$@#$%&

Thnx, Kula_x

Guest minwoo012

I have a question >_<

I dun really get the pen tool thingie

I followed some tutorials I found but I got really confused when they said the path thingie

Can somebody explain what is the pen tool used for and how to use it to me please?

when I tried using the pen tool, the results was like @#$@#$@#$@#$%&

Thnx, Kula_x

okay!!!!!!!!

pentool this is basically waht i use it for.. outlining and vexel creating =]

so when you use the pentool you know how you click [creating point A] and then you click somewhere else [point B] basically that line that appears that connects point A and B is your PATH

does that help?

Guest asianrice

Hey everyone! Something has been getting on my nerves for a while now and so I'm just going to ask.

This is how it looks in photoshop:

ayheader4.png

But when I save it, the color turns redder:

ayheader3.png

I was wondering if there's a way to fix that. I usually just copy and paste from photoshop to paint.. but it gets annoying. ^^;;

Thank you!

Guest Tailo

Hey everyone! Something has been getting on my nerves for a while now and so I'm just going to ask.

This is how it looks in photoshop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Asia...e/ayheader4.png

But when I save it, the color turns redder:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Asia...e/ayheader3.png

I was wondering if there's a way to fix that. I usually just copy and paste from photoshop to paint.. but it gets annoying. ^^;;

Thank you!

Wait, so how did you save and upload the first picture?

It's probably hardly ever a good idea to export from ps into paint because (I think) paint cannot recognize the same color profiles. But could you clarify: how did you save the 1st picture and how did you save the 2nd?

I always use Save for Web, but if that's what's making it red, then try just using Save As...

Guest asianrice

^Like I said, I would print scrn/cap it and paste it into paint so that the color remains like it was in photoshop (then I would copy the cap that I pasted into paint.. into photoshop .. I didn't want to say that in the beginning because I was afraid it'd confuse people. lol). ^^

I usually use save for web as well and I think the outcome is the same for save as.. but I'll give it a try.

Guest nuuniie

Tailo,thx for ur answer but I confused sth.

Do I need a dashed line brush?

If so where can I get it?

Can I create myself how?

Guest pooface

gp-splendid.jpg

credit: mootarn*z

you see the pattern on the left with the black line .. can someone give me the pattern of that pls.. its bigger, i dont know what size it is.. so i cant make that pattern..

Guest aoura.

^

Can't you just make a new image with a size of like 3 px by 3 px.

and then use the 1 px brush tool to draw in a diagonal line, then set it as a pattern?

When you use it, it should show up bigger.

Hope that helps.

Guest pooface

^ thanks for the help, i tried it, but its not the same pattern.. its smaller .. its the common one! .. but thanks!

Guest gd-ise.

Thnx for the explanations <33.

so basically pen tool is sort of like..connect the dots? O__o

lmao, Kula_x <3

Archived