Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest night.star

^Go click START ----> Control Panal ---> Appearance and Themes -----> Click fonts in the "see Also" area. Then bring the font type and drag it there.

Thx u so much

I luv u(as in fren, even tho I dont even noe u)

Guest Tailo

Anyone know how to stroke a dashed line around an image..i can do it with dots, but not a dashed line..-.-

like this:

http://i16.tinypic.com/6ewklly.jpg

Credits to Soy

jasonyc gave you a pretty good tip, but I think that doesn't make the dashed line that you actually want.

A tedious way to make a dashed line around an image is...well...use the brush tool and do it. This can be done in a new layer. You can also use the Pen tool, make dashed lines manually, then stroke that path in a new layer--just make sure all of your dashed lines are under the same path layer.

There's also a more complicated way by making a customized brush that makes only dashed marks. I'm not too expert with making custom brushes yet, so you'll have to get someone to teach you that. You can then use that brush tool to stroke a path.

Guest Tailo

hello, yes..i suck with photoshop and any graphic design for that matter, so i thought i'd ask here.

is there any way to manipulate and use photoshop to enlarge a small .jpg and increase the resolution so that it is able to be used on a shirt with no fuzziness or pixels showing? 300dpi or so?

i understand that normally a low reso pic and small sized pic will usually always blur when enlarged, but wasn't sure if you photoshop guru's have a way to do it and make it more HQ etc.

here's the picture...

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2989/obbearsts6.jpg

The way I would do it is to enlarge the original in Photoshop, then color over it in a new layer. I was just trying to do it right now, but I realized that I need a higher resolution of the logo on the baseball cap. I'll see what I can do for you. I'll edit back if I have any success.

Resizing alone can't get a higher res, like you said, without blur or pixelation.

^I think most professionals use a program that utilizes calculations to figure out where to smooth out the pixels, I don't think photoshop alone can do it for you. My boss at my old job had me look up programs for her to do just that and she's like this photoshop wizard, so I don't think any of us at the amateur level can enlarge small photos sucessfully. Only on small scales w/o anything being really noticeable.

Guest Tailo

^I think most professionals use a program that utilizes calculations to figure out where to smooth out the pixels, I don't think photoshop alone can do it for you. My boss at my old job had me look up programs for her to do just that and she's like this photoshop wizard, so I don't think any of us at the amateur level can enlarge small photos sucessfully. Only on small scales w/o anything being really noticeable.

Hmm, I wonder what that program is, because I just made this for him yesterday:

20070626obbears72dpizp9.th.jpg

If I had the program, it may have saved me some time. It's still rough in some places, and the letters aren't exactly the same, but I think I did ok for a first try.

Guest xcelestialx

i've been asking, but no reply o.o i read loads of the pages. there's filtering tuts, but they're pretty brief. in need for a detailed signature tut @@

Hmm, I wonder what that program is, because I just made this for him yesterday:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4035/20...72dpizp9.th.jpg

If I had the program, it may have saved me some time. It's still rough in some places, and the letters aren't exactly the same, but I think I did ok for a first try.

You did a pretty good job, how long did that take you? All the programs I looked up cost money, so I dunno if you'd want to actually get it. Most of the time I just avoid the problem by finding the highest resolution image.

i've been asking, but no reply o.o i read loads of the pages. there's filtering tuts, but they're pretty brief. in need for a detailed signature tut @@

There are some better detailed filtering tutorials if you backlog a little, it's just that the first post hasn't been updated yet. As for a detailed signature tutorial, I don't think you should really ask for that because in all actuality you're taking all those effects and just putting it onto a canvas that's 300x100 or 200x400 or whatever size you want your banner to be. I suggest you look up different effects and technical tutorials and then make your signature. Livejournal has some pretty good communities with these kinds of tutorials I think, and of course this thread.

Guest night.star

Um...I am wondering how to change the format of the work I do

I want to preview my work online, but it doesnt work, becuz the format is WBMP, nd it doesnt work

But other format such as jpg work

can sum1 plz help me!!!

Guest Tailo

Um...I am wondering how to change the format of the work I do

I want to preview my work online, but it doesnt work, becuz the format is WBMP, nd it doesnt work

But other format such as jpg work

can sum1 plz help me!!!

I know Photoshop can open a very many formats. Once you open your image file in Photoshop, you can choose "Save As..." (Shift+Ctrl+S) to save your images as a different format (e.g., JPEG, GIF, etc.). Choose the desired format from the drop-down menu.

There's also another option: Save For Web (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S). This optimizes your image for websites in either JPEG or GIF formats. Feel free to ask more if this was too vague.

Guest night.star

I know Photoshop can open a very many formats. Once you open your image file in Photoshop, you can choose "Save As..." (Shift+Ctrl+S) to save your images as a different format (e.g., JPEG, GIF, etc.). Choose the desired format from the drop-down menu.

There's also another option: Save For Web (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S). This optimizes your image for websites in either JPEG or GIF formats. Feel free to ask more if this was too vague.

no, it that when i open a new blank one, the format is in WBMP, nd when I save it, in the save as type

it onli have Photoshop(*.psd) that the onli thing in the drop down menu

Guest nalya

^ did you click on 'Save', 'Save As', or 'Save for web' ?

I dont know how you got that. I just checked by clicking on all three of them ('save', 'save as', 'save for web'), they all have many different formats for you to choose from the drop-down menu though. o.o

I always 'save for web' most of the time, btw

*didnt know soompi has a tut thread, too. xD

Guest night.star

never mind

i figure it out already

thx a lot!!

Guest xcelestialx

There are some better detailed filtering tutorials if you backlog a little, it's just that the first post hasn't been updated yet. As for a detailed signature tutorial, I don't think you should really ask for that because in all actuality you're taking all those effects and just putting it onto a canvas that's 300x100 or 200x400 or whatever size you want your banner to be. I suggest you look up different effects and technical tutorials and then make your signature. Livejournal has some pretty good communities with these kinds of tutorials I think, and of course this thread.

thanks for replying, dont think they're that detailed. they're quite brief.

the reason i wanted a detailed tut, because i tried to make a sig of 2 pics, but the background seems so . . . bored.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7784/gd...nnercopykz1.jpg

credit:th1s_sweet

i have a question, in banners/posters, most of the time, do they actually render the picture? esp in filtering/blends. they look like they have smooth edges, but rendering just takes too long for me. any other solution instead?

and, what kind of textures are used to get this kind of effect?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/e_ll_sel/lslh.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/e_ll_sel/geenia.jpg

credits:zoe

Archived