Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you make borders like this?

I haven't tried these, but I think this is what you can do:

1. Download some brushes that look squigly and decorative and such

2. Open up a transparent or white file and make it as big as you want it.

3. Open up the graphic that you are going to use and make sure that it is all finished. Press Ctrl+Shift+E to merge all the layers if you haven't already.

4. Take some brushes and use the selection tool mode and select the outside parts of the round area, then take the round marquee tool and make the size as big as you want, over the squigly selected parts. Copy or cut it out, paste it onto the new file, then go to the layer styles and press bevels, then choose the bevel you want.

I haven't tried it, but I think you can do it that way =X By the way, if you do the round marquee tool and the squigly selections are gone, press shift while doing the round marquee. Sorry if that explanation was confusing.

Guest Justalilodreamer

i was wondering what tool do you use for vectoring? and do you do everything in one layer or two?...like do you select a part and color it in?

^ For vectoring I use the Pen Tool. And I don't do everything on one layer... Most of my vectors have about, 200 layers. What do you mean by 'select a part and colour it in'?

Guest Muddie Murda

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=656219

For that tutorial above (click on link).Can someone please explain to me how to make the dots. because the link to explain how to make the dots dont work. THANK YOU in advance

Sorry here it is:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=508623

Always check the first page. ^_^

sorry how I learn is asking a lot of questains so here are more questains

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3241/round018yd3ly.jpg

how do you do the text like that. having the lines underneath, i tried it and it looked U G L Y

and is that blending? or did they crop the se7en picture and put it onto a picture

Credits to Jazzie

hmmm....don't always depend on brushes. Come on, if you use brushes, then you gotta credit the source. lol why not credit yourself? You can make those lines easily by using the square/rectangle shape.

-------------------------

Some people asked about making AIM chatbox gifs? Uhh...well, it's so simple, yet complicated that I'm not sure how to make a tutorial of it. Uhh..would it help, if I made a video tutorial? I'll try to go slow. :D Video tut, such as.......I record everything I do step-by-step and you can watch how I do it. I'm sure you'd get the idea of it.

Jason, I love your lecture on Typography. :D

Guest Muddie Murda

It's your choice if you want to use paintshop/animationshop or if youwant to use photoshop/imageready.

:)

Here's snapshot for Imageready:

ani05.gif

Here's the snapshot for animationshop:

animationshop.jpg

Which one do you think you'd like more? Which one you think you'd be more comfy with.

My opinions:

Imageready is best to make animations like these:

gifs02.gif

While animationshop is best for these:

text09.gif

aim02.gif

Guest miss adorablexd

Sorry here it is:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=508623

Always check the first page. ^_^

hmmm....don't always depend on brushes. Come on, if you use brushes, then you gotta credit the source. lol why not credit yourself? You can make those lines easily by using the square/rectangle shape.

hehe thank you ^_^

I did looko through the pages =x it was after the tutorial not before tho.. haha

But i did look back and i guess i missed it.

Guest dork.sauce

I haven't tried these, but I think this is what you can do:

1. Download some brushes that look squigly and decorative and such

2. Open up a transparent or white file and make it as big as you want it.

3. Open up the graphic that you are going to use and make sure that it is all finished. Press Ctrl+Shift+E to merge all the layers if you haven't already.

4. Take some brushes and use the selection tool mode and select the outside parts of the round area, then take the round marquee tool and make the size as big as you want, over the squigly selected parts. Copy or cut it out, paste it onto the new file, then go to the layer styles and press bevels, then choose the bevel you want.

I haven't tried it, but I think you can do it that way =X By the way, if you do the round marquee tool and the squigly selections are gone, press shift while doing the round marquee. Sorry if that explanation was confusing.

lol, well that wasn't how i did it, but maybe that works too =]

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

RINK - Well for me I'd use the guide lines. Make sure your'e on the bottom layer and turn on the ruler. Click on the ruler and drag it out towards the middle. The guide should 'snap' in to place. Do that for both the horizontal and vertical axis. Now go to your top layer. Using the move tool, move it to were it should be. The picture should snap in too.

I hope that made sense x_x I don't have Photoshop on this computer to make screen shots.

Guest Justalilodreamer

ahhh sorry this thread is just too helpful. i was wondering how do you make things like this (its consider a vector right?)

tuyet004a4kn.png

RINK - Well for me I'd use the guide lines. Make sure your'e on the bottom layer and turn on the ruler. Click on the ruler and drag it out towards the middle. The guide should 'snap' in to place. Do that for both the horizontal and vertical axis. Now go to your top layer. Using the move tool, move it to were it should be. The picture should snap in too.

I hope that made sense x_x I don't have Photoshop on this computer to make screen shots.

Lol, better than guessing. Thank you!

Archived