|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

Okay guys.. Off topic.. 

Time for a commercial break.

:w00t:

@iamenn Are you trying to hint that this is how WonWen have been avoiding the paparazzi and public scrutiny these days? :P 

Like hide and seek and finding nemo lol @liddi :P:wub:

I bet Liu Wen is the bulldog lol:w00t:

Edited by iamenn
  • Like 1

IMO religion and faith matters are quite sensitive. One cannot persuade or tell the other one to follow them if that side didn't want to or chose to keep their religion (in case if LW's family is Buddhist). If they love each other they will understand that and accept the person they love not their religion. He's a religious christian, it doesn't mean she's not a religious person (it's not like everyone chose to show it off) and she also has her parents but if she's non-religious person/her parents let her decide, and she got to know about christian from him and she's interested in his religion then chose to learn more; that would be the best! 

I'm speaking from my own parents' experience. My mother side required my dad to convert to Catholic (include baptize and go to classes to learn to be one) if he wants to get married to my mom and he (obviously) agreed with that. But guess what, only a few weeks after marriage he denied to go to church and denied he's a Catholic and didn't let me go to church. That's a sin. It wouldn't be if he didn't get baptized or he didn't choose to be a Catholic. But once you did you have to be responsible for it. You don't know much my mom was sad about that. I grew up a Catholic and I still pay my respects if I go to temples, from that my dad started to respect me back, he doesn't show attitudes at church and even if he went to church by chance he would donate money. And all of my parents' problems began from that. So what I learned from their mistakes is that you let the person you love choose what's best for them. 

No offense, but your family isn't Siwon's family. I'm not an expert on the Chois, but they seem so prominent and heavily involved in the church/Christian activities, that I just don't think it will be countenanced if Liu Wen is the odd one out of the bunch. I assume there would be expectations of a person who marries into such a high-ranking family as to how he/she should conform to the new environment and family dynamic. Love is all that matters, rah, rah, rah, is all fine and good, and for Siwon that may be enough (I doubt it), but if it isn't sufficient for his parents, he'll accede to their demands.

It is very telling that Choi Sr. gifted Liu Wen a card inscribed with "Jesus loves you" and a Bible upon their very first meeting - that alone should tell you how important Christianity is in their lives and how much they would like this prospective new family member to follow suit.

@allnatualcrunchtime_stv - Yes I understand what you said and that's what happened to my family. My parents' marriage broke after a few years and the religious reason was one of the reasons. So it depends on one person's POV about this matter, how much understanding they and their family can be, how willingly they can sacrifice for their relationship. Love has no border but it really depends on the person, we don't know if they're conservative about this or not. I know that it's a Christian's mission to introduce their religion to everyone, but what if LW chose not to convert? So if his family and himself cannot accept that I really don't know what to do, their have their religion/ideals to protect; Liuwen and her family do as well. Each family has their own values, if they cannot compromise, the relationship sooner or later will break... 

If they're really seeing each other and got any future plan, they will discuss this themselves though. And I hope they choose what's best for them. 

• Like 3

Sorry to go off topic , but I've been following the Song Seung Hun/Liu Yifei couple all day and I'm surprised by how excited people in Korea are over this. When they were caught no one in China really believed it, because their new movie is coming out soon so everyone assumed the production company organized them to be trailed to create buzz. Then SSH admits it through his agency, which I don't think he's ever done in 10+ years or so. He even said in an interview that he won't admit to a relationship until he's going to get married. Then Liu Yifei, responds on Weibo with two hearts and a thank you. Nobody even has a clue who any of her ex-boyfriends are or if she even had any ex-boyfriends. I just find their story so fascinating at a time when we're all anxiously waiting for any sort of clue from our WonWen couple. 

Check out http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/08/liu-yifei-confirms-relationship-with.html

I find it funny how they treat the celebrities of each respective country like products though. Some have been saying we'll gladly fork over Chae Rim to China for Tang Wei and Liu Yifei in return, Korea's the clear winner. Reminds me of the movie premiere episode when Siwon was accused of stealing "our" beautiful woman. So another Chinese goddess has just been stolen and hearts are breaking all over China today. Can you imagine if they add the top Asian model in the world to the list? There's been so many Chinese-Korean pairings of late that I'm starting to become super hopeful again. We all know that China is already very willing to accept Choi Siwon as a son-in-law, everyone is just anxiously awaiting some kind of confirmation. I'm getting more excited about how their relationship will play out.

• Like 6

I am inclined to agree with you, I think religion is a big factor in this particular relationship... My other half is Christian but not nearly as devout as SW, I am not... but I would have been open to learn more about Christianity if his religion had been a predominant part of his life... like all of you said, embracing a religion is a very personal decision and requires on-going commitment... thanks all for your thoughts

Sorry to go off topic , but I've been following the Song Seung Hun/Liu Yifei couple all day and I'm surprised by how excited people in Korea are over this. When they were caught no one in China really believed it, because their new movie is coming out soon so everyone assumed the production company organized them to be trailed to create buzz. Then SSH admits it through his agency, which I don't think he's ever done in 10+ years or so. He even said in an interview that he won't admit to a relationship until he's going to get married. Then Liu Yifei, responds on Weibo with two hearts and a thank you. Nobody even has a clue who any of her ex-boyfriends are or if she even had any ex-boyfriends. I just find their story so fascinating at a time when we're all anxiously waiting for any sort of clue from our WonWen couple. 

Check out http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/08/liu-yifei-confirms-relationship-with.html

I find it funny how they treat the celebrities of each respective country like products though. Some have been saying we'll gladly fork over Chae Rim to China for Tang Wei and Liu Yifei in return, Korea's the clear winner. Reminds me of the movie premiere episode when Siwon was accused of stealing "our" beautiful woman. So another Chinese goddess has just been stolen and hearts are breaking all over China today. Can you imagine if they add the top Asian model in the world to the list? There's been so many Chinese-Korean pairings of late that I'm starting to become super hopeful again. We all know that China is already very willing to accept Choi Siwon as a son-in-law, everyone is just anxiously awaiting some kind of confirmation. I'm getting more excited about how their relationship will play out.

IMO religion and faith matters are quite sensitive. One cannot persuade or tell the other one to follow them if that side didn't want to or chose to keep their religion (in case if LW's family is Buddhist). If they love each other they will understand that and accept the person they love not their religion. He's a religious christian, it doesn't mean she's not a religious person (it's not like everyone chose to show it off) and she also has her parents but if she's non-religious person/her parents let her decide, and she got to know about christian from him and she's interested in his religion then chose to learn more; that would be the best! 

I'm speaking from my own parents' experience. My mother side required my dad to convert to Catholic (include baptize and go to classes to learn to be one) if he wants to get married to my mom and he (obviously) agreed with that. But guess what, only a few weeks after marriage he denied to go to church and denied he's a Catholic and didn't let me go to church. That's a sin. It wouldn't be if he didn't get baptized or he didn't choose to be a Catholic. But once you did you have to be responsible for it. You don't know much my mom was sad about that. I grew up a Catholic and I still pay my respects if I go to temples, from that my dad started to respect me back, he doesn't show attitudes at church and even if he went to church by chance he would donate money. And all of my parents' problems began from that. So what I learned from their mistakes is that you let the person you love choose what's best for them. 

No offense, but your family isn't Siwon's family. I'm not an expert on the Chois, but they seem so prominent and heavily involved in the church/Christian activities, that I just don't think it will be countenanced if Liu Wen is the odd one out of the bunch. I assume there would be expectations of a person who marries into such a high-ranking family as to how he/she should conform to the new environment and family dynamic. Love is all that matters, rah, rah, rah, is all fine and good, and for Siwon that may be enough (I doubt it), but if it isn't sufficient for his parents, he'll accede to their demands.

It is very telling that Choi Sr. gifted Liu Wen a card inscribed with "Jesus loves you" and a Bible upon their very first meeting - that alone should tell you how important Christianity is in their lives and how much they would like this prospective new family member to follow suit.

The Chinese fans are collectively losing it and wrote tons of comments in Liu YiFei's Weibo complaining how sad they are and she is too good for that guy... blah blah... even the Chinese media responded and listed out all the recent Chinese goddess exports (Tang Wei, Liu Yi Fei, Qi Wei...) it is funny that they but TBD after Liu Wen's name - Liu Wen (TBD)

• Like 1

The Chinese fans are collectively losing it and wrote tons of comments in Liu YiFei's Weibo complaining how sad they are and she is too good for that guy... blah blah... even the Chinese media responded and listed out all the recent Chinese goddess exports (Tang Wei, Liu Yi Fei, Qi Wei...) it is funny that they but TBD after Liu Wen's name - Liu Wen (TBD)

It's not just the Chinese media who are losing it! There was an article released by HK Apple Media several hours ago in asking whether or not Siwon and Liu Wen will be the next couple to announce their relationship publicly!

• Like 1

I've no idea who she is, but she's very pretty and is she a Liu just like Liu Wen? What a coincidence! Reading through some of the comments, I've to agree that he looks like a grandpa opposite her so in that sense she could do better. :lol:

I find it hilarious that people make such a big deal over a Korean-Chinese pairing when I can't sneeze on the street these days without getting my DNA on an Asian woman with a white man. If no one blinks an eye at the latter pairing, an Asian woman with a fellow Asian should hardly be considered revelatory, let alone an East Asian combo when East Asians have so much in common culturally.  

• Like 1

I find it hilarious that people make such a big deal over a Korean-Chinese pairing when I can't sneeze on the street these days without getting my DNA on an Asian woman with a white man. If no one blinks an eye at the latter pairing, an Asian woman with a fellow Asian should hardly be considered revelatory, let alone an East Asian combo when East Asians have so much in common culturally.  

There's actually a lot of prejudice between Asian countries so it's always a breath of fresh air to see such a good response. In the case of Siwon and Liu Wen, I've always been a little worried about how they would respond to her in Korea seeing as how barely anybody there paid attention to the show. It's the Chinese and international fans that witnessed their love blossom and have high hopes for them as a couple.

This Chinese-Korean pair has been getting so much buzz in both the Chinese and Korean media today that I''m sure that gag order is not going to stop anyone from getting an answer out of Siwon during the rest of his movie promotional tour. They will probably hound him even more than before.

• Like 1

Although South Korea is embracing multiculturalism and mixed-race marriages in recent years, it is still something new to South Korean society as they are used to same-race marriages and requires time to adjust their traditional ways of viewing mixed-race marriages. Mixed-race marriages were looked down upon in the past and is becoming more acceptable but it takes time to reduce the discrimination, isolation and racism one faces in South Korea.

EDIT:
An All-Kpop article recently came out regarding Siwon's enlistment: link. In the article, it states that Siwon will receive a notice on August 30.

• Like 2

This Chinese-Korean pair has been getting so much buzz in both the Chinese and Korean media today that I''m sure that gag order is not going to stop anyone from getting an answer out of Siwon during the rest of his movie promotional tour. They will probably hound him even more than before.

How wonderful! ;) Hopefully Choi Jr. will have more of a backbone now that this supposedly big news has broken. I'm sure Liu Wen must be very amused by the news and the back and forth between her and Siwon over the subject would be interesting to witness. :lol:

I think Korea has barely paid attention to Siwon and Liu Wen because LFIL was all in Chinese and only broadcast in China. They'd also be familiar with these types of shows and would assume our couple's antics are all make-believe. Conversely, they could think Siwon did the show for real and as the entire relationship was played out before the cameras, there'd really be nothing much to report. It's clear that Siwon is under a gag order not to talk about Liu Wen in Korea, and I assume it's because of fears that the homegrown nutjobs would go berserk.

And yes, the prejudice is sad - on Wikipedia alone, it's revelatory to read of the stunning cultural impact China had on Her neighboring nations and how much they have in common, although I suppose that fact itself could be the source of all the enmity.

• Like 1

Siwon in Taiwan - the event where Siwon smiles/laughs when asked if he will bring Liu Wen to visit Kenting. This is also where the playful Siwon jokingly tells the translator she could go home after getting complimented on his great mandarin speaking skills.

Thanks to SiwonLiuwen on IG for sharing this!

Guest pom16

It should read, "but after you is us, we haven't even started yet #sheispretty"

He's talking about his new drama, this is a continuation of his previous post where chang min looks so tired. His new drama will air following the end of chang mins

He's talking about his new drama, this is a continuation of his previous post where chang min looks so tired. His new drama will air following the end of chang mins

Changmin will go to military too right? or i'm wrong? lol

Yes, he will be a conscripted policeman as well :)

Yes, he will be a conscripted policeman as well :)

so he's basically expressing his impending "doom" :-)