[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

Lol.i really love jingoo's voice..so manly yet his face is sooo cute

Btw..about the whole jealous thing or what not..i think both are roughly on the same level..i mean both jy are human..i think there's nothing wrong with showing some appreciation towards the opposite sex..this applies to both jh and sy..i mean just because they are together, doesnt suddenly turns them into monks..as long as they remain committed to each other..all is good..

Completely. Spot on. We all notice attractive people. The important thing is that we do not act on our attraction to others. And that we are committed to that one person we have chosen to be with. And they just need to understand and accept that in their line of work they will meet lots of people. It won't matter if they are true to each other.

And yeah, Jin Goo's voice is gorgeous. Very deep and masculine. He's an adorable kid and has obviously formed a nice friendship/bromance with JH.

@guitarpick851 bet JH can teach her some moves he couldn't show her on camera... if you know what I mean. 

tumblr_nogyqx1Vs11tfe52go1_500.gif

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yeah, Jin Goo's voice is gorgeous. Very deep and masculine. He's an adorable kid and has obviously formed a nice friendship/bromance with JH.

Seems jh has that effect that makes his co-star or people he worked with comfortable with him or something..he worked with woobin once and they still remain good friends and still hang out with each other until now..same goes to gd sojin..like kyuhyun and changmin said he is someone you have to catch or something like that..seems he is likable.

I hope he keeps his friendship with jingoo for a long time after this

Seems jh has that effect that makes his co-star or people he worked with comfortable with him or something..he worked with woobin once and they still remain good friends and still hang out with each other until now..same goes to gd sojin..like kyuhyun and changmin said he is someone you have to catch or something like that..seems he is likable.

He does. I remember reading that JH is considered the CNBlue boy with the widest network of friends. You'd think Yonghwa knew more people but apparently its JH. I think he's both friendly and just good at forming friendships with co stars. Yes, both he and Minhyuk have remained close to Woo Bin. In the long run it is also helpful because he has sunbaes and chingus he can count on for advice with regard to career matters. Now look at how he's got close to that adorable sunbae on Orange Marmalade? JH's a great guy and I think folks who meet him just gravitate towards him. Have you seen him on Running Man? The main cast loves him coz he's just plain adorable anytime he's on the show.

Guest Elzabar

Hi Everyone, I usually lurk silently but today i decided to un-lurk to share some translations! I read a few pages back that people were curious about how SY got casted for wgm. I have read her translated interviews in the chinese forums, and have gotten permission from the translator herself to translate it into english for us english-speaking audiences. So here's a hello-present for everyone! If it has already been shared, whoops well lets get to know her again! She's so beautiful inside and out! 

those are snippets of the interviews. How many of SY's interviews have been translated and shared here? I was thinking of translating her interviews if they haven't been shared, but i don't want to do those that has already been shared. so if someone can shed some light that would be great.  

Please do provide and share the links of any English subbed interviews you may know. Much appreciated.

Hi Everyone, I usually lurk silently but today i decided to un-lurk to share some translations! I read a few pages back that people were curious about how SY got casted for wgm. I have read her translated interviews in the chinese forums, and have gotten permission from the translator herself to translate it into english for us english-speaking audiences. So here's a hello-present for everyone! If it has already been shared, whoops well lets get to know her again! She's so beautiful inside and out! 

those are snippets of the interviews. How many of SY's interviews have been translated and shared here? I was thinking of translating her interviews if they haven't been shared, but i don't want to do those that has already been shared. so if someone can shed some light that would be great.  

Sorry to cut your post. Thank you so much for the translation!!! :) WGM PD is no joke working hard to find someone's ideal type kekeke. [Thank you so much PD-nim! T_T] About other translation, I don't remember exactly what has been translated before, but if you don't mind you can check it on www.jongyeon.wordpress.com. There's a post of text and video interview that has been translated by website and this member forum (hope it can help).

Guest Suenna1025

My miracle, one of JY composition and it's lyrics are so heart warming it touches every listeners heart. No wonder SY chose this among all his compositions and imprinted it on her gift(the hundred guitar picks). It may seem that she's trying to say/portray her feelings through the song itself. Throwback episode 10 

awwwww.....really love JH expression. So adorable and whatever he say, like he talk to someone that really close to him. 

SY asked him the first date they met, then he said the 4th .... he made her upset/disappointed/sad , so, I dun think he adorable .

At first I laughed....Does he REALLY not remember dates? That one was so obvious, a password, a bracelet and a HUGE deal was made of the fact he forgot it earlier? I'm confused!!! I can sit here and giggle about it...but also a part of me wondered if he really can't remember dates or something. So I looked it up and guess what...this is what I found!

While memories run shallow feelings run deep – While there, is serious truth to the myth that men have terrible memories specifically with dates that is not an indication of their love or commitment.  Although men might get the details wrong they have great memories in both emotional connection, and the core feelings they had in a specific situation or past occurrences. As a common example men may not remember the name of the restaurant or exact date of your first meeting but he will always remember his feelings at the time, the connection he felt, and the emotions that were built on that day.  Women are without question far superior to men in remembering dates, times, and details of an important day, and are often discouraged by the fact that men lack in this area.  While men are cognoscente of this fact and they do their best to remember as much as possible they will at times fail and disappoint you when they don’t get it exactly right.  Understand that this does not mean that day was unimportant or not a date of deep emotional significance to him.  He will always feel that significance and remember how he felt that day.  He will likely remember discussions, body language, connection, and his thoughts at the time even if he forgets what you were wearing, the drinks ordered, or the name of the restaurant.  What’s most important he will never forget, and he will always do his best not to disappoint you with the details even if at times he is not successful. http://thesecrettounderstandingmen.blogspot.com/2012/11/why-he-cant-remember-important-dates.html 
Thought: Because he seems like a very passionate person, his lack of memory for dates may even be more intensified! Burningsouls  got their name for a reason...I think I'd prefer a guy that remembered the experience over the details of when and where!!!! 

Guest ayvah

At first I laughed....Does he REALLY not remember dates? That one was so obvious, a password, a bracelet and a HUGE deal was made of the fact he forgot it earlier? I'm confused!!! I can sit here and giggle about it...but also a part of me wondered if he really can't remember dates or something. So I looked it up and guess what...this is what I found!

While memories run shallow feelings run deep – While there, is serious truth to the myth that men have terrible memories specifically with dates that is not an indication of their love or commitment.  Although men might get the details wrong they have great memories in both emotional connection, and the core feelings they had in a specific situation or past occurrences. As a common example men may not remember the name of the restaurant or exact date of your first meeting but he will always remember his feelings at the time, the connection he felt, and the emotions that were built on that day.  Women are without question far superior to men in remembering dates, times, and details of an important day, and are often discouraged by the fact that men lack in this area.  While men are cognoscente of this fact and they do their best to remember as much as possible they will at times fail and disappoint you when they don’t get it exactly right.  Understand that this does not mean that day was unimportant or not a date of deep emotional significance to him.  He will always feel that significance and remember how he felt that day.  He will likely remember discussions, body language, connection, and his thoughts at the time even if he forgets what you were wearing, the drinks ordered, or the name of the restaurant.  What’s most important he will never forget, and he will always do his best not to disappoint you with the details even if at times he is not successful. http://thesecrettounderstandingmen.blogspot.com/2012/11/why-he-cant-remember-important-dates.html 

@happy2bhere thank you for sharing this very valuable information. this will help me understand my husband more and be a lot more considerate about the entire thing hahahaha!

anyways, it's surely disappointing that JH could not remember the date, the date that was engraved on the bracelet he was wearing. but not that disappointing to stop me from laughing about it. seriously, this guy is indeed clueless! he even looked so sure when he gave the answer.

remembering dates does not define the whole relationship so i don't want to give so much weight on it. i am sure with little encouragement from SY, he will learn to remember them... or not hahahha!

I am little disappoined that her guest not come for wedding... They all stranger for her. Of course she meet boys from CNBlue but did not they same. I was prepare that her friends from SM don't come but I was thinking maybe her friends from school come (she friends with some actress)

I didn't know that Lee Guk-joo close with CNBlue...

Yeah that would be nice but if you think about it, she's a rookie so she has little celeb friends, other than Amber and maybe one or two others from SM.

You can't expect normal friends to show up on TV and just hang out with a bunch of celebs, how awkward would that be.

Lee Guk-joo just signed with FNC recently, so, lol yeah she's 'family'.

(also I think SM would charge an appearance fee for their celebs...  *cough*cough*)

Well, I think it depends on how much "influence" and "power" you have with WGM.  Heechul brought his "stylist" to almost every filming he had with Puff Guo.  They even went to his salon and got her's & his hair cuts/styles.  The "stylist" is Heechul's BFF from his high school days and a dude he hangs out with ALL the time.  But let's be clear, Heechul's BFF isn't a "celebrity".  His "celebrity" comes from the fact that he is Heechul's BFF.  So, what I'm trying to say in essence is that it's not necessarily a given that "normal friends" wouldn't be allowed to show up on WGM or TV with a bunch of celebs.  It's happened with WGM before, like I said, it just "depends" on your "influence".  I'm pretty sure Heechul told WGM Global, "if you want me to do this show, you need to include my BFF" and for the ratings WGM Global complied.

I don't believe it's lack of love!!   For my heart hopes it has something to do with protection!!  Wheather it's for SY or his heart or for them both, or something else I honestly just don't know........  WGM only good move you made today was giving us a great preview & extra moments or I would have given you two punches!!!:angry:

^^^^Don't feel bad.  I had pretty much most of the same thoughts as you did.  Like I said before, it really does seem like WGM loves to do the episodes in this kind of sequence:

bitter medicine

candy

bitter medicine

candy 

bitter medicine

candy...

It's really freaking annoying, especially like you said, that we know they spend like 8-12 hours for the day of their filming together, and we get between 18-24 minutes plus an extra 5 minutes max every other week of unaired footage that's better than the original edited cut... and in 8-12 hours, every other episode WGM loves to just cut us the crappiest parts to watch.  I'm assured in my heart in that 8-12 hours there is a LOT of really great interaction that we are all missing out on...  it's so disappointing.  BEC isn't disappointing.  WGM utilization of BEC for the what they put on the show is disappointing.

couple phone case and couple cell phone,, they are wearing the same color one.

Do Brownies remember when JH filmed AOA in their dance rehearsal room after he bought them lunch and we could see in the practice mirrors that he had a new "BLACK" phone case cover and we were ALL getting disappointed that he got rid of the SY phone case after he came back from HK concert?  A lot of Brownies were really getting on JH's case for posting that IGvid and getting jealous on SY's behalf.  The "new" black case was making those Brownies who were doubting to be even more disappointed.  ...I said that the AOA members eating on the floor looked more like they were prisoners being fed by a Warden than anything "romantic" and "sweet". lol...  and THEN SY "liked" *his* IGvid.  ...so we could say, ahhhhh.... it's okay, SY doesn't mind. She "liked" it.

...I said why wouldn't she? She was a trainee from SME.  She knows what it's like working hard, and AOA were working for their Comeback Stage, and getting a "meal" from your company's "oppa" is always a blessing.  BUT, now I can say that she "liked" it probably, as well, because he was using the "new" COUPLE CASE, and were many Brownies thought that black case was a gesture in distancing himself from "couple items" with SY in PUBLIC, it was actually making it EVEN more powerful!  

WHY????

BECAUSE THE FIRST CASE WAS A COUPLE ITEM SY SMACKED ON HIS OWN CASE ON HER OWN WHETHER JH WANTED IT OR NOT... AND THE 2ND BLACK COUPLE CASE WAS BOUGHT BY JH HIMSELF... IT'S A COUPLE ITEM HE INITIATED ON HIS OWN AND USING IN HIS OWN PERSONAL LIFE. lol.......

Speaking as a guy we're still often raised with a sense of chivalry. I'm sure in Korea the sense of chivalry is even greater. For us guys living in western civilization countries it gets rather confusing. As guys we now have so many mixed signals ... should we open a door for our date or will she think that patriarchy and I think women are incapable of opening their own doors?

Watching Korean variety shows I think it's become chivalry and manners for South Korean guys to cover the legs of a girl wearing a skirt and complimenting how sexy they are but doing it so in a you're so sexy for eyes kind of way. I think that's what JH is doing in this episode.

I doubt JH is running around FNC headquarters covering up the AOA girls. He knows celebrities wear sexy clothes.

Yes, yes, please do share more! We'd love to learn more about anything SY and WGM related :D

@swarley242 and others have translated a few articles for us, but I'm sure there are lots more out there

Love all the reassuring little skinship/touching and words from JH when SY was visibly nervous before the pitch :wub:

Maybe not as oblivious and lacking sense, after all? :)

They had a female mascot and a male mascot, right?  During this scene and the one when they actually were on the field, that "female" mascot was distracting af and I was actually getting irritated by her.  I'm suspecting that it's not a dude playing a female mascot because when JH was massaging SY the mascot kept touching JH and massaging him, while the male mascot kept his distance from SY.  It was 100% annoying to the point I was like, this mascot must be a "fangirl" and is totally trying to take advantage of the situation.  It was taking away from the intimate cute moments that they were having and I could sense that JH was getting bothered by it but was respectfully not saying anything since "film" was running.  Then on the field when she turned and kissed JH and, if he hadn't moved away, she'd have done it on the lips, I was even more bothered.  I mean, you're playing for the crowd and all but they are filming WGM and you are insinuating yourself in the middle in such a hugely awkward fashion.  Had I been at the stadium I would have run onto the field and tackled her and said, "you know, back off and get your ticket to a fan-meeting and wait in line.... this isn't your place to try stealing the 'limelight', you know?"  lol...

I remember when we were watching fan views when it happened "live" and everyone was saying stuff about the mascots and how JH seemed pretty possessive and like he was trying to maneuver SY away from them.  At the time we were thinking that the mascots must have been flirting with her and JH was getting jealous over it.  Little did we know that what was actually happening was the JH was getting accosted by the mascots and he was actually trying to get away from them himself. hahaha.....  

I thought it was cute how Jingoo seemed to admire JH...just his mannerisms of respect. They weren't equals (if that makes sense) you could tell he thought of JH a little higher than him in status or something.  I think in acting terms JG is heading towards being the next Kim So Hyun ...funny it is that he even played a younger version in Moon Embraces the Sun! Cute little bromance these two have! 

Love all the reassuring little skinship/touching and words from JH when SY was visibly nervous before the pitch :wub:

Maybe not as oblivious and lacking sense, after all? :)

They had a female mascot and a male mascot, right?  During this scene and the one when they actually were on the field, that "female" mascot was distracting af and I was actually getting irritated by her.  I'm suspecting that it's not a dude playing a female mascot because when JH was massaging SY the mascot kept touching JH and massaging him, while the male mascot kept his distance from SY.  It was 100% annoying to the point I was like, this mascot must be a "fangirl" and is totally trying to take advantage of the situation.  It was taking away from the intimate cute moments that they were having and I could sense that JH was getting bothered by it but was respectfully not saying anything since "film" was running.  Then on the field when she turned and kissed JH and, if he hadn't moved away, she'd have done it on the lips, I was even more bothered.  I mean, you're playing for the crowd and all but they are filming WGM and you are insinuating yourself in the middle in such a hugely awkward fashion.  Had I been at the stadium I would have run onto the field and tackled her and said, "you know, back off and get your ticket to a fan-meeting and wait in line.... this isn't your place to try stealing the 'limelight', you know?"  lol...

I remember when we were watching fan views when it happened "live" and everyone was saying stuff about the mascots and how JH seemed pretty possessive and like he was trying to maneuver SY away from them.  At the time we were thinking that the mascots must have been flirting with her and JH was getting jealous over it.  Letting did we know that what was actually happening was the JH was getting accosted by the mascots and he was actually trying to get away from them himself. hahaha.....  

@amastris OH GEEZ YES!!! I was thinking the exact same thing...I wanted to say "give it a rest girl?" !!! At that one point when they were waiting to go on and JH was talking to SY because she was nervous...it looks like he offered to give her a kiss as a distraction (not sure if this is true, but that's what it looked like)...JH started to lean in (joking possibly, but could have been real) and the stupid mascot pulled his shoulders back...ruined the who moment! I sense JH was annoyed and was trying to protect her and escape his fate at the same time!!! Everyone is free-er when they wear a mask is guess LOL.

Do you think JH looked bothered having to wait for SY to get instructions by the player on how to throw the ball? I didn't know for sure, but he didn't look happy having to wait. The player himself looked smitten by SY though...eye smiling and all, but SY was completely oblivious to it it seems. I think that is what JH worries about, she is kind of innocent to her charms and that is what concerns JH (but that is also what he loves about her)...am I wrong here? 

@burningwithlove I too am open to admitting I'm wrong...I'd rather have the truth of the matter than be strong in an erroneous opinion. I agree with others now that say he was bothered by the dress. In fact, I had to laugh watching the gifs of it. He looks up and away (like japan) and his expression was a combination of "I'm attracted and a little nervous" (like I don't know what to do, in their first meeting). Not just the japan moment...but take it back to the very first meeting. In the school room afterwards his mouth did the same thing and he did the same kind of awkward head bob. Nervous and attracted. I can see that there was no place he could touch her though, so he kept his hand close to her, but on his own knee. She would habitually lean into him at a time he would have touched her on the leg...but it was a bare leg LOL! 

- Current WGM PD had first picked JH to be on the show. She explained that, personally she was a fan of JH. Ever since she took over the show again, JH was on her the list of must-invites ( she was the original PD for season 1 and left returning now for the current season). She likes busan-style men, and having met him in person she found him to be more manly than she had expected and possessed a very straightforward and direct charm. He said that he had more thoughts on dating through WGM. 

- Also, the PD explained that SY was invited because she fulfilled the criteria when we were looking for someone's ideal type. Because compared to her partner, she is someone not well-known, although she gave off the feeling of a "pretty girl on the street", but her pure and easy-going personality was cute and beautiful. ( well we can assume that the "someone" she is referring to is JH...isn't that "someone" so lucky lol) 

- It was mentioned that the PD had explained that the reason she was chosen because she gave off very natural vibes, like any female college student and also possessed a mysterious charm 

<snip>

So neat to learn that the WGM PD was able to read and predict both JH's and SY's personalities so well. Perhaps more importantly, to see that the various personality traits and characteristics mentioned by the PD, whether it by SY's "mysterious charm" and being "natural" or JH being "straightforward and direct" have, by and large, persisted all this time. That is, Jongyeon, didn't just "adjust" their personalities for the sake of the casting interview -- If we think about how potentially helpful WGM can be in boosting the participant's career, I'm sure it would have been tempting to fudge and accentuate certain desirable traits, even if it means telling white lies, to secure the gig. Then to hear SY showing up for the interview without some extravagant evening gown, but a layperson's outfit, it sounds like it really swayed the PD's opinion of her, as a regular girl next door-type, not looking to "perform" on some variety show.

By and large, the characteristics describing JH were relatively easy to discern, but to see SY's mysteriousness being mentioned, I just found it adorable. We probably will never know, but I'm curious what SY did and said to make the WGM PD get that impression :lol:

I think we began to see this even in the first episode (!), when SY slyly expressed doubt about future guitar lessons because they may not even end up a couple -- all to illicit JH's memorable "I fell for you at first sight" :wub: And the mischief has just continued to grow, much to our, and JH's, delight... I bet the PDs had no idea the extent of SY's playfulness, but I get the feeling they don't mind one bit :)

1VthvKT.jpg

Too many examples, will just point out a few :wub:

@pre LOL ...I imagine the interview went something like this...

PD: "What type of man do you like"

SY: "I like a manly man. Someone to lead me, someone that works hard and can protect me. Someone I can lean on". "Ha, ha...I also like a man that has thick eyebrows!" 

PD: "Wow, are you wearing contact lenses?" {hmmm, her eyes look just like JH's and she is so natural everyday pretty}

SY: Ha, ha, I get asked that alot, but no. This is my real eye color. 

PD: "What type of things do you like to do?"

SY: " I really love my two dogs. Since I live alone, they are the perfect company"

PD: "How would you treat your new husband?"

SY: "I'd want him lead first and then I can follow his lead. Even if some of the situations would be uncomfortable, I'll give anything a try to be a good wife. 

Well, that was kinda fun...I don't do things like that. GOSH THIS IS A LAZY SUNDAY! I need to get a life and go do something now LOL!!!! 

Archived