[Official] Lee Hongki and Fujii Mina (Global We Got Married Couple) Thread Part 2

lindas55

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

delusional continues.....:D:D

@MsKahili., here i am again to let our delusional mode all the way to the top of the mountain:D:D and...........

"let's shout to the world, please let us love each other''-Hongki

​@hannaj   in that case the following is dedicated to you.  :D

[REAL TALK] F.T. ISLAND : THE ROCK GODS OF 2015

20150430_theoneshots_ft-island-rock-gods_banner

BY DEANNA  MUSIC MAY 2, 2015

20150429_TOS_FTISLAND

Let’s have some adult time right now because I need it. Amidst my fangirl psychosis, I had a flash of reality and it hit me. Hard.

Before we get into the meat of the topic, let me give you a little background.

I had always been fond of F.T. Island’s music. I saw them live and they blew me away. Their power ballads like “Severely” and “Bad Woman” gave me life! Hongki’s vocals always hits me where it hurts.

Rock is my specialty. I grew up in a house with my father and brother both playing the drums 24 hours a day. My father constantly had us listening to bands like the Beatles, Beach Boys, the Eagles, the Who, the Doors and even a little Bee Gees and Mamas and Papas- just to name a billion. It was an eclectic array of the 60s’ and 70s’ best rock music.

I also grew up in the 90s’ when rock had made its comeback. Thanks to the grunge movement out of Seattle, bands like Nirvana, were able to ignite a new love for rock. This spilled into the late 90s’/early 00s’, when My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, System of a Down, Linkin’ Park,and Story of the Year were constantly on MTV.

Needless to say, I went through that phase that every kid born in the late 80s’ went through. The – I only shop at hot topic and dye my hair partially black and write AIM away messages full of lyrics – phase.  It’s okay. You don’t have to hide the pictures, we all know it happened.

But then somewhere along the line, that phase ended. Rock was no where to be found on MTV and I discovered K-pop.

THE EPIPHANY

Recently I’d been hearing a lot about underground rappers in Korea dissing idol rappers. I didn’t understand it. I turned to some of the TOS family members for some clarity. I was so confused. I understand you are a rapper, but why can’t idols be rappers too? (Note: I am NOT talking about theSHINee Minho’s of the world. More about the BTS’ and Block B’s.)

It annoyed me.

Watching all those girls on Unpretty Rapstar get all upset over Jimin being an idol was so infuriating. If the girl can rap just give her the props she deserved! Were they just jealous?

Then I watched the 1st episode of “F.T. Island’s Coming Out.” On the episode, Jaejin (a.k.a beautiful sex god) was talking about their upcoming album. He spoke with uncertainty. How were the public going to respond to an album so different musically than what they had previously put out?

And then he joked, “And EXO is coming back.”

And that made me laugh, and then pause.

It’s true. EXO came out and I fell into this black hole of fangirling and it felt so unfair to F.T. Island. I had seen their new MV, but the moment EXO came back, I had totally forgotten about it.

I thought to myself, “They seemed to have worked really hard and put their heart into this album and just because a popular idol group is coming back at the same time, this album might not get the props it deserves. That SUCKS!”

Then it hit me. This is what all those rappers were expressing. They work so hard; put all their time and effort into an album, and yet, it sits there on a shelf as other manufactured pop groups sell their corporately constructed album by the thousands.

I am not saying EXO isn’t talented and don’t deserve praise. BELIEVE me, I worship at their feet. Especially the vocal line, whose voices are the second coming of Jesus.

But seeing it through the eyes of F.T. Island, I can understand how discouraged they’d be.

Jaejin also explained how they were frustrated with the fact that the rock festivals wouldn’t let them play. They were seen as idols, not a real rock band. And for musicians like them, that was painful. Just like some idol rappers are frustrated that K-hip hop won’t acknowledge them.

You could really sense how much in the middle F.T. Island felt. They weren’t idols, but they weren’t accepted as a rock band either.

So I paused and downloaded the album and gave it a listen. I wanted to know what it was they wanted to do with their music, as well as to give it the same chance I give other idol groups I love.

THE ALBUM

Wow.

That word isn’t good enough to sum up how amazing this album is. When I hear an album from EXO or a new song from BTS or any idol group I will go into my normal fangirling:

askdjgh;askdjfgha;skdjghaskjdgh

This is because I can’t put into words how much I love that song or that album. It hits me in the heart. Music does that.

20150429_TOS_FTIWill

But F.T. Island’s album, I Will, is beyond the asdkjhalksdjghalskd of a fangirl rant.

It’s musically beautiful.

You can hear the influence of J-Rock and US bands like My Chemical Romance and 30 Seconds to Mars and a little bit of 80s’ rock.

“Pray” is, in my opinion, the best track, but every single track after has something great about it.

Dare I say, the album is superior to any rock album I have heard recently. It instantly brought me back to those early 00s’ days.

Hongki does an impeccable job vocally and Jaejin’s soft voice really mixes well with Hongki’s dramatic one. Especially on the song “BPM69″.

Seunghyun and Jonghoon rock the guitar solos, as usual, but, the break out star is Minhwan. . He effortlessly performs complicated fills and kills the track with his double bass pedal work. It’s something that really brought the album to the next level.

I am so glad I decided to give this a listen. It broke me out of my haze. I was sitting in front of my computer eating all the food any of the big three companies fed me, but sometimes, you’ve got to go try some other restaurants on those side roads. That’s where the art is.

20150429_TOS_EXO (2)

So, no. you don’t have to shun your favorite idols, but you should give some others a chance. I love F.T. Island, but to hear an album that they personally sweat and worried over makes it much more rewarding.

Here is to hoping this gives them a chance to prove they are a real rock group and get the respect they deserve.

Did you enjoy this album as much as me?

Hongki IG update

tumblr_nntee71zIn1qehn45o1_540.jpg

Trans:

[PIC/TRANS] [150504] Hongki’s Instagram Update

살려줘…hang over
[TRANS] Save me…hang over

Seunghyun replied:

[TRANS] Oppa, I’m not feeling well either

* i missed the ROFL button :D

Hyunnie call Hongki Oppa 2x already not hyung anymore. :P So sweet:D. Maknaes really love Hongki much:wub:, how much more this ajumma:D

cr:Colourful247 via lakkimi

cr: asuka

Asuka: r u happy today?

unnie ajumma: ne ne ne, yes yes yes but still a bit hang over from last night :D

asuka: unnie ajumma what's the use & purpose of your red ginseng hidden somewhere:P

unnie ajumma: araso9_9

xDxDxD

Well, love reading what she mentioned about colors...like PINK shadow & white to PURPLE and PINK:wub:

Hongki-yah!!! thinking of ME?:D:D:D or really tired? :/ araso araso:P. I hope you keep this message (from somewhere)  in your mind about enjoy the holidays to take away from stress & holidays are always doing things to your health :D:wub:

Embedded image permalink

cr: on pic

Archived