[Drama 2015] Divorce Lawyer in Love 이혼변호사는 연애 중

larus

Err here is the first part of the recap as requested. Sorry about the formatting. Somehow after the migration I am having problems using Soompi on my iPhone

Urgh having problems uploading. Let me sort out

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 12

HMR escaped through the backdoor and CH lost her. CH went into HMR's house through the backdoor. She snooped around and found a script with HMR's name on it. But she got found out by the housekeeper who threw her out. In the midst she found that there was a child in the house. JW saw her being thrown out of the house. She finally told him about her case. At night some internet snooping found that the YP house was transferred to him by HMR. BF called and said he is now agreeable to use the house in exchange for divorce.

New divorce case. An old lady wanted a divorce as her husband made her cook all day - at least 12 dishes for each meal. 

JW and CH having lunch together. JW's mum called with the news that SA is moving out. (New hairstyle to signify a fresh start? Nice!) He rushed back to stop her. JW grabbed SA's hands just before she left the house but she said that if he is not prepared to hold on permanently, he had better let it go. He did. Mum was upset that JW let SA go. He said he could ask her back but it doesn't mean that he will accept her since his heart is with someone else. Gratitude is not love. Mum said his dad said the same thing when he left years ago (woah killer blow). JW said if he brings SA back then he might have to leave since he was the reason why she left in the first place. This really set mum off and she stomped off in a huff. In the end JW had to cancel the movie date with CH. 

SA went to the new apartment owned by BMG. To her surprise, BMG sent over room service with a eye popping array of dishes to ensure that she eats well (so thoughtful this guy! I really hope they got together in the end. I think he does like SA more than he knows).

Divorce case - JW, CH and Manager Yoon went to the old lady house to witness how she cooks her husband's meals. It was very impressive but still, the husband griped and complained about everything. They told him that she plans to divorce him and he refused. He explained that he sees his wife cooking for him as a sign or respect and love. In the end they negotiated for a reduced number of meals and dishes (must watch this part! Manager Yoon did an almost exact replay of JW and CH courtroom pre-kiss while getting the husband to sign the agreement, down to the yes yes yes. It was hilarious watching the two squirmed as the romantic music played in the background. Priceless!)

CH's sister finally turned up. She got into trouble by destroying some Lamborghini she was valet parking. Dad turned up with Lawyer Bong at the station to bail her out. Bong paid off the owner by buying him a new car (what?!). 

They brought sister home. CH is happy to see her. But as usual sister is snappy and ungrateful and downright spiteful (this girl just won't take responsibility for her own actions)

JW's mum went to visit SA to see how she is doing. She then called CH to arrange to meet. She started off by saying that while she can forgive CH for the seaweed soup incident, she can not accept her as daughter in law. She then revealed that SA sold her house to pay for JW tuition fees and said that if she accepts CH, how can she face SA.Even since JW's dad left, he is all she has. Please do not make her lose him too. CH can take away JW's heart, take away away his friend of 26years but can she bear to take away his own mother? CH feels torn. Later while she and JW were strolling to lunch, mum called and JW didn't want to answer it. So CH lied that she had another lunch appointment and rushed off, reminding him to go home for lunch. (Feel that she is slowly pulling away, like preparing for the inevitable)

Back at home, she attempted to have nice BBQ dinner with dad and spiteful sister. Sister had to bring up the guilt trip of Mum-died-because-of-you issue and stomped off (she should have just gone out of the house but no, just into her room). Her sadness conpounded by her sister's accusations, CH drank with her dad. She asked dad if mum ever cried because of her and dad pooed pooed the idea, saying that parents only cry when someone takes away their child (writer-nim, this is too contrived!)

JW and CH had lunch all lovey dicey and guess who had to drop by? Mum! She went up to CH and demanded to know why after an elder spoke to her, she could ignore the advice. JE is of course angry that mum approached CH without informing him and dragged CH away by hand. CH told him to let go but he said (more to mum) that he will never let go. Mum cries and CH witnessed it and feels bad.

The couple talked in a bench (3rd time in two episodes, I am starting to think that there is a severe lack of dating spaces in korea). CH reminded JW that she would not see him if his mum did not approve. JW said to give him time to convince mum but CH felt that she couldn't stand it anymore. She felt that she was taking him away from mum and they should just respect her wishes and end it. JW wouldn't hear of it. How difficult it was for him to finally have her by his side and he wouldn't give her up just because of his mum. She persisted but he avoided the issue by leaving and saying he will see her at work tmorrow.

next morning, CH went to Lawyer Bong to asked for days off. He offered the use of his "office" condo and got Manager Yoon to book for her. Lawyer Bong went office and was pleased to see that JW didn't know CH went on leave. In fact he offered to give all the employees leave since there aren't any cases that week.

jW called CH repeated but she didn't pick up. Lawyer Bong went to her condo/hotel (?) and paid for some 200 sets of free OssoBucco meals to entice her to eat. He pretended that he bumped into CH by accident and suggested they eat dinner together. At this moment JW called again and again she rejected. JW then called Lawyer Bong and at the moment CH's phone rang. JW recognized the unique ringtone. END

Thank you @libra22 and @ohsh for the pics and recaps.

I still wanna see their lovey dovey together but seems now the sad part begins...:tears:

Hope Lawyer Bong won't be the "evil" one....like him as before...funny kind guy. Actually he will make a good pair with Soo Ah.

Thanks @libra22 for the pictures! 

@ke2, I think lawyer bong has a soft spot for SA so I also hope they get together. 

Please don't let lawyer bong degenerate into a devious person. He is petty and crafty but ultimately a kind person at heart. Hope the writer keeps him this way. As for SA, I hope she redeems herself by being the one who finally help the couple overcome Mum's objection by revealing the truth behind the sweet wrapper.

Since lawyer bong just gave everyone a week off. I think for subsequent weeks the drama is moving away from the divorce cases and just focus on the already many subplots - CH's sister, HMR, Couple angst, Lwyer bong's engagement. I will be happy if they tie up each of these sub plots neatly. 

PLEASE FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES, MORE THAN 3 PICTURES SHOULD GO UNDER A SPOILER TAG, SAME AS SCREEN CAPS, PLEASE EDIT YOUR POSTS SO THEY COMPLY WITH THE RULE.  ALSO DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, REMOVE THEM BEFORE POSTING YOUR REPLY... YOU CAN GO AND READ THE RULES. http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/337649-k-dramas-movies-actors-actresses-forum-rules-updated-12-sep-2014/

THEY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING AND MORE.

4. Do not quote pictures or long posts.   Instead, remove images in your quotes. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long (more than 10 lines), only quote a subsection of the text. Quoted pictures set in spoiler tags are considered a violation as well.   Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the k-entertainment general discussion.      

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).  Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post.      

i think the best script goes to ahjumma (sjw's mother)... her argument made sense. i liked how the background of both sjw and ch is developing their relationship.

oh and to add, sjw last declaration about there is no end between you (ch) and me... SWOONNN.

the sunbae wry facial expression helps contrast the depressing storyline for our leads... 

so we have sjw facing the bong x ch

i guess next would be ch dealing with sjw x sh? i hope the story line will not go there since a clean cut is made. only issue would be his train trauma as sh is holding the cards to that. 

maybe ch still owns that pair of ribboned heels and sjw can make the connection himself and realised that sh was lying...

now that the healing condo is made known to the law firm, i guess sjw will head over to get some healing himself in the next ep?

usually the problem starts ep 11-12 and intensifies through 14/15 and all is well by finale 16. i hope with the extension, we get a longer happy couple from 16-18^^

So CH's Mom was the lady on the train? How is that come about? So the Mom was on the train together with her at that  time? I thought the fingers look much like CH's. Yes, read the news we get extension 2 eps. Will that change the story for our OPT? 

Must say lawyer Bong is such a good cool guy. Always acted cool but I'm pretty sure inside he's depressed. He deserve happiness and a good partner.

​wait... i thought the lady on the train was cheek hee herself? its her mom? i thought the name card was a lawyer name card stating GCH? someone please clarify.

@xoxobleach I dnt think we would face the situation of SJW and SA since he already made his position clear and SA seemed to be letting go. I was also wondering if JW would rush to the condo as well. There should be some sparks flying if so. But I love the atmosphere in the scene where JW was angry at CH over the fiancée so maybe Sparks is not such a bad thing afterall. Maybe the entire office would go to the healing condo and that would be hilarious.

Archived