[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

I'm really liking this drama so far…as far as acting goes, it's pretty good all around especially for the veteran actors.  LYH's acting as the adult princess doesn't annoy me as it did for many viewers.  I don't know if it's because I like her character portrayal in Miss Korea or if I just like the actress because she's pretty.  lol…My favourite character so far is Lee Ja Gyung when he's young and as a grown-up.  I love how he taught the princess to be strong and not give up and to face the reality that she's not a princess outside of Joseon, just a regular person like him, a slave even.  I often wonder if he views her as his sister or something more--that is why he's so protective of her.  I really do hope that the last we saw of him isn't an indication that he's going to die.  It'd be really cool if he can go to Joseon too and be by the princess side in helping her develop gunpowder and explosives for Joseon.  And of course, I hope their chubby funny friend joins them too. 

​He gave her his late sister's name and I think he treats her like that.  If there was going to be romance, they're old enough for that to have happened already.  i can see this as brother-sister since one lost a brother and the other lost a sister.  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Harriwings

Hi  I think In-woo already knows Hawi is a girl now, but he pretends like he does not know for the princess own protection.

You can go to page seven and look at the character chart :)

Guest ororomunroe

[spoilers] Hwajung Ep 10

fajkdl.jpg

Newsen - Nate: 'Hwajung' Han Ju Wan's intense first appearance, Took a hint of Lee Yeon Hee's identity

1. [+174, -7] Han Ju Wan is so handsome.. He was awesome in 'Joseon Gunman'. But anyway, Lee Yeon Hee's acting already sucks but I didn't know Seo Kang Jun's acting is like that tooㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What are you two doing?..... 

2. [+120, -5] This is a 50-episode drama?? Aigoo aboji 

3. [+25, 0] SM, please hire an acting coach for Lee Yeon Hee. It's already normal that people are taking notice of her sucky acting despite having 10 years experience as an actress

4. [+18, -2] If Lee Yeon Hee had the acting talent, she could be the top actress in their 20s right now. It's rare to find someone like Son Ye Jin who is beautiful and a good actress too 

5. [+16, 0] Expect sageuks to have a girl crossdressing into a man .. It's so dull 

6. [+14, -2] Her facial expressions are so awkward 

7. [+10, -4] There are so many characters in this drama... The plot is lost in the mountains  

Cr: kkuljaem

Hi Guys! Nice to see some familiar names in this thread... So far I'm enjoying this drama very much, I hope they can keep up the pace... Even though a cross dressing girl is almost a must for most Sageuks, I somehow liked how they did it here... the secret was not kept for too long, and her buddy slaves and boss knew she was a girl too, so the dynamics where a bit different than the usual "hush, hush"... Also, with the Japanese wardrobe her boobs and hips were not as visible... once she got into the Joseon rags, you can see her body very well defined, so I'm glad they kept the whole cross dressing issue to a minimum... let's hope they don't play a twist on us on this regard... Joo-Wan is supposed to be the "street smart" man, so better not dumb him up...

Guest purpledrama

Loving the drama and the story and yes is nice that almost everyone is finding out the Hawyi is a girl :) wowwow loved it the scene when they are in the ship and Hwayi (sorry if i dont spell the names correct) joo -won when she said this time he kept his promise his face he was confused... he will remember this when he discoverers she is the princess.    

About the king wowwow i really love his character even do he changed i still see kind person he wont stop now being a king he will do anything to stay in the throne loving all the characters i think so far the drama is doing great....

And about Lyh and the actor doing Joo won they are doing really a good job and episode 10 was proof of that... i dont get where all the bad reviews coming the only website mentioned it was the Naver one and is most the readers leaving those comments and is a little funny they comment as they are acting experts... anyways im enjoying the drama and i think it will get better the ratings are talking by itself people are liking the drama so for me it will be a success :)

​Didn't make any sense to kill a 5 year old child either. :-P

@tulip06 @smp567

is that why Gae Shi serves all concubines herbal tea that steriles them so that there wil not be power stuggles?  Is it the king's wish t have only an heir or again GS makes own call?  I was shocked to learn that king GW has 8 concubines!!  WOW!  

@tulip06 @smp567

is that why Gae Shi serves all concubines herbal tea that steriles them so that there wil not be power stuggles?  Is it the king's wish t have only an heir or again GS makes own call?  I was shocked to learn that king GW has 8 concubines!!  WOW!  

Having 8 concubines might be normal for a king in that era but not one single baby from any of those 8 is not. There is nothing wrong with the king because he does have a few children with his queen.​​It seems that Gae si is the cupid behind again. She is good with poison or another name of it, herbal medicine!

Not sure whose idea is it. Don't think it is the king's though because having many babies is a part of his duty as a king. It's just my opinion.

​How did the Chubby get like that?  He works all day in a mine and gets 1 sweet potato for his meals.  I think that Maruno was a nicer person than he initially seemed. 

​He probably takes lots of vitamin supplement, one with high fat concentration :)

Having 8 concubines might be normal for a king in that era but not one single baby from any of those 8 is not. There is nothing wrong with the king because he does have a few children with his queen.​​It seems that Gae si is the cupid behind again. She is good with poison or another name of it, herbal medicine!Not sure whose idea is it. Don't think it is the king's though because having many babies is a part of his duty as a king. It's just my opinion.

​@SMP567, Concerning this matter, he should be thankful to Gae si as been born the male child of a king makes the people a likely candidate to be a future king and wouldn't it be bad if Gwanghae brings a child into this world through a concubine to suffer the same fate as himself as one the excuses made why he wasn't accepted was because he was born of a concubine.

@oyeleyeolusina 

As always, great comment. Thank you. I so agreed. It's much better to have only 1 prince and easier to raise him well as the future king. So much less headache. In Gwanghae's case, his father the ex-king should be blamed for the problem of the instability in court and in directly the fall of Joseon. He shouldn't have married such a young queen at the near end of his life and produced that poor little grand prince and tried to replace Gwanghae with that little baby at that time while Gwanghae has already proved that he is an able king that can take care of the country.

But on another thought, not every prince turns to be a good king. If a king has only 1 son and that prince is not capable or dies from sickness or whatever reason, it is the end of that king's blood line. 

In any case, in the end, Gwanghae's smart blood does not carry on be it on the throne or not.  

I learn from the story of 1 of the only 2 great kings of Joseon era, Sejong the great, that having many princes actually is a great help to the one who becomes the king and it helps pushing the country to flourish exponentially.

By the way, it is a controversial tropic as to whether it is OK for a court maid to go around and poison the king's people or anybody for that matter, for whatever reasons. 

As a king, Gwanghae could have implemented several methods or tactics to prevent future problems that he has experienced himself. 

I believe he is a lot smarter than sitting around and waiting for the past problems to repeat to his children or later generations. After all, he is the king at that time and not a powerless Crown Prince.

In my opinion, murder is not justifiable. In the name of his throne, Gae si has put dark clouds on Gwanghae's aura. It will be interesting to see how the story develops and how her effort will pay off...

Archived