[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

​@tulip06  I am just curious.  Maybe I am wrong about this but isn't the purpose of having concubines or consorts for the king to have more children?  If Gwanghae does not care to have any more baby apart from his children with his queen, he can just not go to sleep with any of those women of his.Why letting Gai si feed the horrible herbs to those women who won't be serving the king thus produce no baby with him?  
Is he the one who orders Gae si to do it?

Gaesi implied that to the Queen.  The thing is, the king does not want lots of kids fighting for the throne. That was his situation.  And perhaps that is how he shows his regret for killing his siblings.

However, for purposes of alliances with key yangban families, he will have to take on Royal Consorts. He may or may not sleep with them. If he is sleeping with them, which he probably will do at least once to show he takes them seriously as Consorts, because otherwise their families will be insulted, there is a risk of pregnancy. Gaesi is prevention those pregnancies. 

Frankly, I'd like to know what herbs were being used. I always wondered how people like gisaengs didn't have a ton of kids.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaesi implied that to the Queen.  The thing is, the king does not want lots of kids fighting for the throne. That was his situation.  And perhaps that is how he shows his regret for killing his siblings.

However, for purposes of alliances with key yangban families, he will have to take on Royal Consorts. He may or may not sleep with them. If he is sleeping with them, which he probably will do at least once to show he takes them seriously as Consorts, because otherwise their families will be insulted, there is a risk of pregnancy. Gaesi is prevention those pregnancies. 

Frankly, I'd like to know what herbs were being used. I always wondered how people like gisaengs didn't have a ton of kids.

I wonder if this situation GW encounters ( the killing for the throne among siblings )  is his father, the ex-king's fault.  GW was already the Crown Prince and the ex-king should have just let him succeed the throne. Then Gai Si did not have to poison him, kill the grand prince and harm the princess.  And the queen mother and her father could continue to support GW with her clan's wealth and power in exchange for the protection of her children. 

I saw in some drama mentioning that Gisaengs are good for health and make people live a long life.  Is it not good for having babies? 

I wonder if this situation GW encounters ( the killing for the throne among siblings )  is his father, the ex-king's fault.  GW was already the Crown Prince and the ex-king should have just let him succeed the throne. Then Gai Si did not have to poison him, kill the grand prince and harm the princess.  And the queen mother and her father could continue to support GW with her clan's wealth and power in exchange for the protection of her children. 
I saw in some drama mentioning that Gisaengs are good for health and make people live a long life.  Is it not good for having babies? 

I imagine a gisaeng who would almost certainly pick up an STD would not be good for health.

The trouble is, the old King should've legitimized Gwanghae and not gotten remarried. His greed is what has caused the current situation. However, how the individuals, Gwanghae, the Princess, Injo later on, handle the situation is their challenge.  It's all tough for them.  

Personally, though, I cannot condone murder, even if the aim is a strong throne. But that's why I live a quiet life in the modern age.

GW gave HW father permission to torture HW.. GW is even at the torture inquiry.. It seems that HW father has a teary voice from watching his son be tortured,

Dirty court minister are all watching and the one that killed the G/Prince isn't liking the fact that HW father could win favors with GW for torturing his own son 

Guest KangHae143

Hello All,  I will try to recap this morning if my live stream allows it  ​

Can you link me please ?!

GW is asking HW questions and HW stick to his story Gw appraoches HW and saying something to him and HW still telling him the same thing..  guess is about the princess not being a spy..

GW made a decision that HW and his dad is shock about .. The princess turned herself in and the police brought her to the inquiry.. The princess telling GW something and they look shock The princess and HW is lock up in the same cell she's explaining things to him  

The Princess telling HW that they will get out,, GW spy is informing him about what happen at the weapons place Gw not giving orders to do things and he has figured out it was IW dad that was involved somebody named Yoon Do Won  IW dad sitting there trying to hold a straight face and wondering how they found out so fast 

Iw is out looking for the man that messed with the kettle 

The cook and her daughte go down to the laundry room to get the evidence about the person wearing the clothes.. Now the culprit trying to leave the gate

Yoon Do Won is now questioning GW snitch

The culprit tried to run when the police came with the order to arrest the real criminal IW catches him and turn him over to HW father 

GW throw the culprit clothes in the floor of the court and pointed out Yoon Do Won as the person behind looks like the man even had a book from Yoon Do Won about his crimes.. Now the royal guards are searching the court for Yoon Do Won people;

Yoon Do Won Asst is cleaning out his house and the wife catches him the police came to Yoon Do Won house to search it  The culprit got the wife as a hostage

GW man talking to the culprit he's showing him a royal order.. Yoon Do Won come home to find out what was going on The culprit got stab 

The princess helping HW leave his cell IW and HW having a bromance moment HW father apologizes to him 

GW and his flunky are talking with GW banging the table the culprit died so it's going to be hard pinning the crimes on Yoon Do Won

GW asassins are talking and he's mad because GW didn't have him helping and was left out he's going nuts and screaming throwing things..

He's mad as hell at Gw scared the crap out of the other man.. 

Now the sulphur and the niter leaders are both lock up they fussing grabbing each other in the collar The young boy and the other guy comes and tell them what going on and they get released from they cell..  The cook and her daughter was waiting for them.. They bring food for them to eat while all rejoice of being out from the holding cell 

IW is talking with HW father I don't know if he realize his dad was behind all this.. 

The princess is taking care of HW.. She trying to wipe him and he won't let her these two are so cute and HW seems to be shy and scared of women..

IW comes in and turn his head when he see the two..

IW makes a remark and got HW and the princess fired up 

Princess outside talking to herself

HW and IW are talking in HW room..  

Princess hanging out HW medical cloths on the clothes line saying something to herself.. Gw approaches her and say's something and she thanks him HW comes out and greets GW.. HW thanks GW and they are talking

GW leaves and the princess watching him with hatred eyes now she's talking to HW  ..

Two court ministers and HW dad are talking I guess about what happen at the inquiry.. Maybe they what something to happen or him to do something.. I gues they belong to the same faction 

Archived