Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

*** "My Name Is Gabriel," one of the most highly anticipated entertainment shows of this year has continued to suffer low viewership. Perhaps wishing to avoid direct competition with Jinny's Kitchen, "My Name Is Gabriel" switched from 8:50 p.m. on Friday to a later time slot, at 10:30 p.m. Despite the change, the show continued to struggle with ratings in the 1 percent range. The fifth episode on July 19 even dipped below the single-digit mark to record 0.9 percent. Eight episodes remain in the season. Kim Tae Ho (PD & Producer) excels at highlighting the chemistry between diverse cast members, but 'My Name Is Gabriel' focuses on a reality show format with the cast living abroad for 72 hours, missing this key element. They say - the program's concept feels outdated. The missions in "My Name Is Gabriel" lack clarity. With so many entertainment programs available, a show needs a clear purpose to engage viewers.   :heart3:

20240729050542_0.jpg

credit : Korea Herald

• Sad 1

OhJungSe LeeSangYi HeoSungTae and WonTaeSeok officially confirmed to join ParkBoGeum and KimSoHyun in JTBC drama GoodBoy, broadcast in 2024. Oh acts a villain role Min Joo-young who is a Customs and Excise Department's official, Lee acts Kim Jong-hyun who is was a fencing silver medalist and became a police detective due to injuries, Heo acts Ko Man-sik who is a police team leader and former wrestling bronze medalist, Won acts Shin Jae-hong who is a police detective and former discus bronze medalist.

Oh Jung Se, Lee Sang Yi, And More Confirmed To Join Park Bo Gum And Kim So Hyun In

Oh Jung Se, Lee Sang Yi, And More Confirmed To Join Park Bo Gum And Kim So Hyun In "Good Boy"

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Good Boy” has unveiled its star-studded cast!

On July 31, “Good Boy” announced that in addition to Park Bo Gum and Kim So Hyun, actors Oh Jung Se, Lee Sang Yi, Heo Sung Tae, and Tae Won Suk will be starring in the upcoming drama.

“Good Boy” is an action-packed comic drama that follows the journey of a group of Olympic medalists who, faced with financial struggles, short career spans, injuries, and other challenges, become special police officers. Together, they form the “Olympics Avengers” and use their unique skills acquired during their time as athletes to fight violent crime.

Park Bo Gum will be starring as the role of Yoon Dong Joo, a former Olympic gold medalist boxer who becomes a police officer for the Special Violent Crime Unit through special employment for Olympic athletes. Born with a talent for fighting, Yoon Dong Joo becomes an Olympic hero, but after experiencing despair, he starts his life anew as a police officer, rediscovering his instincts as a fighter while facing injustice.

Kim So Hyun will be playing Ji Han Na, an Olympic gold medalist in shooting who received great love from the general public as a “shooting goddess” with her beautiful looks. However, as misunderstandings about her grew, she suddenly retired and achieved her dream of becoming a police officer just like her father. Now her gun is aimed not at targets but at the ruthless villains.

good-boy-1.jpg

Oh Jung Se will play Min Joo Young, a customs official who even received a commendation for his diligent work. Although he wears the mask of a diligent civil servant, he is actually hiding his true nature. Despite wearing a friendly smile during the day, hiding his greed, Min Joo Young unleashes his evil on the city at night.

Lee Sang Yi will transform into Kim Jong Hyun, an Olympic silver medalist in fencing who retired after an injury and became a Special Violent Crime Unit sergeant.

Although he believed he wouldn’t be able to hold a sword again, he will be able to showcase his exceptional swordsmanship skills after joining the Special Violent Crime Unit. As an intelligent athlete, Kim Jong Hyun is quick to understand his opponent’s weakness and attack.

Heo Sung Tae will take on the role of Go Man Sik, an Olympic bronze medalist in wrestling and the team leader of the Special Violent Crime Unit. Although Go Man Sik lacked strength and skills compared to others during his time as a professional athlete, he continued to climb up, excelling at enduring rather than knocking opponents down. This skill has greatly helped his work as a police officer. With a nonchalant face, he masters lying, strategizing to win without using tricks or physical strength, and he has a keen radar for sensing danger.

Tae Won Suk will be playing the role of Shin Jae Hong, an Olympic bronze medalist in discus throw and a member of the Special Violent Crime Unit. Although Shin Jae Hong won Korea’s first bronze medal in discus throw, he applied for special employment as he needed to prioritize making a living. In contrast to his intimidating appearance, he has a warm and gentle heart as the head of a household with a wife and two sons. He joins the Special Violent Crime Unit in order to gain more points toward his promotion for the sake of his family.

“Good Boy” is slated to premiere in the second half of 2024. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678034wpp/oh-jung-se-lee-sang-yi-and-more-confirmed-to-join-park-bo-gum-and-kim-so-hyun-in-good-boy

On 7/30/2024 at 5:02 PM, Sakurafairy said:

GOOD BOY

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. I hope this time this will do well. The movie "Wonderland" got bad reviews and low box-office and the variety show "My Name is Gabriel" is also struggling with low ratings. But, I hope Bogum's side won't be anxious because of all these - Besides, his acting in the movie has been praised. A good actor can only bring a spark with his character but not for the whole production. He's one of those actors where all his characters look and feel different from one another. I'm not sure why "Wonderland" didn't do well since I haven't watched it yet. The variety show is on the PD as it's filmed and edited by the team and it can't be expected that Bogum alone to bring in viewers from his fanbase. He has (2) big K-dramas coming out soon with "When Life Gives You Tangerines" and "Good Boy". These will be more indicative of what he can or can't deliver. Bogum has not led a drama in 4-years due to his MS. The anticipation for any Bogum's drama will always be high. Instead of a disappointment, I actually have become more impressed with Bogum in his acting and choice of projects. In "My Name is Gabriel, I'm so impressed with his capability and English speaking skills. I really enjoy it a lot. Whatever........ Bogum will always be my sweet spot!  :happy2:

5 hours ago, willenette said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. I hope this time this will do well. The movie "Wonderland" got bad reviews and low box-office and the variety show "My Name is Gabriel" is also struggling with low ratings. But, I hope Bogum's side won't be anxious because of all these - Besides, his acting in the movie has been praised. A good actor can only bring a spark with his character but not for the whole production. He's one of those actors where all his characters look and feel different from one another. I'm not sure why "Wonderland" didn't do well since I haven't watched it yet. The variety show is on the PD as it's filmed and edited by the team and it can't be expected that Bogum alone to bring in viewers from his fanbase. He has (2) big K-dramas coming out soon with "When Life Gives You Tangerines" and "Good Boy". These will be more indicative of what he can or can't deliver. Bogum has not led a drama in 4-years due to his MS. The anticipation for any Bogum's drama will always be high. Instead of a disappointment, I actually have become more impressed with Bogum in his acting and choice of projects. In "My Name is Gabriel, I'm so impressed with his capability and English speaking skills. I really enjoy it a lot. Whatever........ Bogum will always be my sweet spot!  :happy2:

Well, numbers have been always relying facts if a drama or a kshow have been successful. The thing is we always used to that Bogum's ratings of show - drama or kshows is huge and he will always bring that Bogum Magic in any way. Actually I really got disappointed before but I always think that all the projects are great. I watched Wonderland and it has a good impact to me. I dont even know why the storyline didnt sell that good. I think the over crowded of the characters and BogumSuzy screentime is really little and their narrative didnt jump to conclusions ( an OE because nobody knows what shall happen but if you are keen in watching there r symbolism that the PD used that directed for them to stay together and the others will be imagination is needed) MNIG is a very good kshow and Bogum's segments wr all good I really enjoyed it. So I just realized I wont be relying in numbers now and will just enjoy what I am watching and will root for Bogum with all loyalty and positivity. And pls dont read negative forums coz they wil just wreck your day; I am not reading, hahaha. Bogum moved on immediately with a positive mind and heart and so are we. Hugs! 

• Love 1

*** According to a poll conducted on the community portal site DC Inside, titled “Which male star seems more attractive to the same gender than the opposite gender?”,  Park Bogum ranked 4th with 2,799 votes (11%). The poll was held from July 29 to August 4, with a total of 26,809 votes cast.    :heart3:

20240805102704070yleu.png

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240805102702482

On 8/2/2024 at 10:37 PM, Sakurafairy said:

Who is Excited for this drama Good Boy aka The Flaming Fis?

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. The official line-up for this upcoming drama is in time for the Olympics season. It looks interesting. Looking forward to this one, it’s got a great cast. With Park Bogum in the cast, it's a must watch for me. It's great to see him back in K-dramaland. The writer said he’s been writing the script for this drama for the last 4 years or something? So, it’s apparently been in planning for years. And Bogum was apparently offered this even before he enlisted.   :cutekitty:

*** I'm not sure if "Good Boy" will be on Netflix. I have a bad feeling it won't be, given that Netflix usually promotes their upcoming offerings early. But, no promos from them so far. Is it possible Disney+ will pick this up? The cast are solid! This is what dream teams are made of. I just wonder if there's any loveline here between Bogum and Kim So Hyun. I guess minimal or no romance at all. They've been one of my dream pairings. And it's finally....happening. The network/channel is reliable. It will be very hard for this to go wrong. Considering Bogum's character here is a boxer, I expect his character's personality to be a bit more rugged than his usual sunny sunshine pure characters. Here, he will be taking his shirt off to show us his biceps and we can get to see more six-pack scenes. LOL - After reading the synopsis, I guess this is like a police procedural where they tackle various cases but, with a twist of using their unique Olympian skills.  There's a new law approved in Korea regarding shooting hours/working hours. K-dramas used to be filmed from morning to nighttime but, now they don't do that anymore so, filming began to take longer for dramas and will add more if there's CGI involved.   :emmm:

On 7/29/2024 at 2:03 PM, Sakurafairy said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. Bogum did a great job in "Record of Youth", portraying a struggling  but proud aspiring entertainer. His acting was great and always fangirling his visuals. LOL -   :Megalol:  :heart4:

Spoiler

Park Bo Gum Transforms Into An Olympic Gold Medalist Boxer In New Drama

Park Bo Gum Transforms Into An Olympic Gold Medalist Boxer In New Drama "Good Boy"

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Good Boy” has released the first stills of Park Bo Gum’s character!

“Good Boy” is an action-packed comic drama that follows the journey of a group of Olympic medalists who, faced with financial struggles, short career spans, injuries, and other challenges, become special police officers. Together, they form the “Olympics Avengers” and use their unique skills acquired during their time as athletes to fight violent crime. The drama stars Park Bo Gum, Kim So Hyun, Oh Jung SeLee Sang YiHeo Sung Tae, and Tae Won Suk.

In the newly released stills, Park Bo Gum transforms into South Korea’s national boxer Yoon Dong Joo, showcasing his muscular and tanned physique in his blue uniform.

Spoiler

Park-Bo-Gum-01.jpg

Park-Bo-Gum-02.jpgPark-Bo-Gum-03.jpg

Another still image below captures Yoon Dong Joo wearing a gold medal around his neck after winning the men’s middleweight final.

Park-Bo-Gum-04.jpg

Born with a talent for fighting, Yoon Dong Joo becomes an Olympic hero, but after an unexpected incident, he experiences despair and starts his life anew as a police officer, rediscovering his instincts as a fighter while facing injustice.

“Good Boy” is slated to premiere in the second half of 2024. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679226wpp/park-bo-gum-transforms-into-an-olympic-gold-medalist-boxer-in-new-drama-good-boy