Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

So HK fm does have the hi touch for all fans..daebak !^^

Hm..keeping fingers crossed that SG fm will include a special hi touch too ! 

As we all know that Korean celebrities' earnings must split certain percentage with their agencies, we do not know how much Bogum has to split with Blossom. No matter what, SJK and Bogum are the top earners for them. So Bogum is also making big money and will continue to do so in the near future as long as the demand for him is there...very competitive world out there.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:

@NongpeeP That's so awful of them to do but I doubt that's the reason why Blossom was formed/why CTH and some actors Left SidusHQ. We will never know why.

Yes I agreed that we can't know the exact reason why Blossom Entertainment has been established but I have just shared one of shocking indecent related to SidusQ in 2009 and in 2011.

Spoiler

It is interesting that a group of actors and managers moved from SidusQ to Blossom Entertainment during March 2012 to Feb 2013. 

Luckily, as I mentioned above, when Park Bo Gum is skyrocketing, he is under Blossom Entertainment, not by blood-curdling previous SidusQ high rank's maltreatment.

--------------------------------------

February 4, 2013:  Blossom Entertainment announced through a press release that it had signed a new exclusive contract with Song Joong Ki in February.

Blossom Entertainment holds Cha Tae Hyun, Go Chang Seok, Han Sang Jin, Song Jong Ho, Shin Seung Hwan, Lee Kwang Hoon, Park Bo Gum and more.

Song Joong Ki wasn′t the only one who joined the Blossom Entertainment crew; he also brought his manager, CEO Kim Jung Yong with him. The two have worked together since Song Joong Ki′s days with Sidus HQ. 

Song Joong Ki will also be joined with more of his previous co-workers, as Blossom Entertainment representatives as Joo Bang Ok and its many other managers were previously signed with Sidus HQ, and have known Song Joong Ki since his debut.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, WendyHo said:

As we all know that Korean celebrities' earnings must split certain percentage with their agencies, we do not know how much Bogum has to split with Blossom. No matter what, SJK and Bogum are the top earners for them. So Bogum is also making big money and will continue to do so in the near future as long as the demand for him is there...very competitive world out there.

I am wondering about the split percentage related to actors' agency, I heard some used to mention 30% deduction to some actors' agency. 

For boy band/girl group/idol after debut (some big agencies with high bargaining power to trainees and also high negotiation power to let their idols get their jobs in various fields, which spent a lot of money during trainee's preparation and creating connections to showbiz's medias/productions/channels) might start with 70% deduction to agency and gradually reduced from 70% to 50% in first 5 years. For smaller agencies, 50% deduction to agency for first 5 years looks pretty probable.  

In addition, several boy band/girl group in early years might share equal proportion among members no matter which member made money because individual activities might impact all members' schedule to make money. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

I am wondering about the split percentage related to actors' agency, I heard some used to mention 30% deduction to some actors' agency. 

For boy band/girl group/idol after debut (some big agencies with high bargaining power to idols and also high negotiation power to let their idols get their jobs, which spent a lot of money during trainee's preparation and creating connections to showbiz's medias/productions/channels) might start with 70% deduction to agency and gradually reduced from 70% to 50% in first 5 years. For smaller agencies, 50% deduction to agency for first 5 years looks pretty probable.  

In addition, several boy band/girl group might share equal proportion among members no matter which member made money because individual activities might impact all members' schedule to make money. 

Bo Gum has debut 5 years ago and so he would have at least get 50% or more from the earnings now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

For boy band/girl group/idol after debut (some big agencies with high bargaining power to trainees and also high negotiation power to let their idols get their jobs in various fields, which spent a lot of money during trainee's preparation and creating connections to showbiz's medias/productions/channels) might start with 70% deduction to agency and gradually reduced from 70% to 50% in first 5 years. For smaller agencies, 50% deduction to agency for first 5 years looks pretty probable.  

In addition, several boy band/girl group in early years might share equal proportion among members no matter which member made money because individual activities might impact all members' schedule to make money. 

We are quite clueless regarding the percentage split between Bogum and Blossom. A far as I know..for example, YG Entertainment spills 50-50 with BigBang in group activities like concerts. Individual member's activities earning kept solely by the member. GD's royalties from songs he wrote for Bigbang or others go to him only. That's why he is considered the richest Kpop idol. 

I think grooming an actor and actress costs much lesser than band/group. Depending on the contractual agreement, Bogum's managers' salaries may come out from his own pocket or bear by Blossom. At least we feel reassured that he belongs to a smaller agency, well taken care of and unlikely to suffer scandalous behaviour of the bosses.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sara2908 said:

CxrifLNVIAAHfzM.jpg

@4evgbogummyIs this voting important.  Bogum is at no 3. I don't know how to navigate the voting site because it is in Chinese

https://yahoo.digitalmktg.com.hk/buzz2016/page_rank.php?role=asia

I saw this two days ago. C fans are not promoting this and so I did not bother to check it out. It's a yahoo HK popularity vote for Asian artiste. I'm not sure how difficult it is to vote. I have been very unimpressed with AAA awards. So, for some of these awards, I'd not try very hard. I'm giving this one a miss. It's all a marketing ploy. It does not really add much value to the artiste. And Bogummy is far behind IU and SHK anyway. 

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

By the way, after I am one of Park Bo Gum's fans, I read about Blossom Entertainment.

I am wondering why this Blossom agency has been established in March 2012 (By Cha Tae Hyun and some of SidusQ's key management); 

why some actors(Cha Tae Hyun, Song Joong Ki, and Park Bo Gum) moved from SidusQ to Blossom Entertainment;

Park Bo Gum moved to Blossom Entertainment to join Blossom's CEO who discovered him to debut with loyal mind;

surprisingly SidusQ has still maintained pretty good relationship with Blossom Entertainment and let some actors/actresses join in the same projects. 

I found out problem in 2011 from wiki related to some of high rank (they might not be in SidusQ currently).

Reveal hidden contents

- In 2009, Jun Ji-hyun's legal Issues to show that some of SidusQ's high rank did invasion of privacy to Jun Ji-hyun and not sure whether they did to any other actors/actresses too. (to exert control over all aspects of actor/actress's life)

- In 2011, some high rank used Jun Ji-hyun's account to involve in M&A transaction which she did not know. (again, we did not know whether such high rank did to any other actor/actress in the agency too) 

Luckily Jun Ji-hyun dared to sue so others in such agency would not bear with such shocking treatment. I can't imagine if being in such SidusQ agency when Park Bo Gum is famous as currently under hair-raising previous high rank.

-------------------------------------------------

CREDIT: wiki

In 2009, police discovered that Jun's cell phone had been illegally cloned. Seoul Metropolitan Police arrested a private detective identified as Kim, who testified that it was ordered by SidusHQ (Jun's then-agency of 13 years), for which he was paid ₩6.4 million in cash by the brother of CEO Jung Hoon-tak. Police believed Jun’s management company used the cloned phone to keep tabs on her, in an attempt to exert control over all aspects of her life. SidusHQ denied those allegations.Jung Hoon-tak was later cleared after police could not find any concrete evidence of his direct involvement. Kim was sentenced to one year in prison for invasion of privacy, Jung's brother received suspended jail terms. Because of the scandal, many expected her to leave once her contract expired, but she surprisingly extended her contract with SidusHQ for one more year. Then in 2011 she set up her own management agency J&Co. Entertainment, which was later renamed to Culture Depot.

In 2011, SidusHQ CEO Jung Hoon-tak was accused of illegally using Jun's bank account to pocket profits from a merger and acquisition. Jung allegedly made ₩200 million after purchasing a stake in the junior KOSDAQ-listed Stom E&F in 2009 with an account under Jun's name and announcing through a public filing several months later that he would buy Stom E&F. Jung and Stom E&F's former CEO Kwon Seung-shik were reported for gaining unfair profits by leaking information on the M&A beforehand. Upon investigation by the Financial Supervisory Service, Jun testified that she had not even been aware of such an account existing under her name. Jung issued a denial.

Wow, thanks for the information, It is pretty scary that the agency did such a horrible matter to their artist. Luckily Bo Gum is in Blossom now being well taken care of. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Michelle JG said:

Bo Gum has debut 5 years ago and so he would have at least get 50% or more from the earnings now.

Spoiler

I guessed that Park Bo Gum has already debuted over 5 years, he moved from the big agency as SidusQ(which might deduct big portion to agency) to newly established Blossom Entertainment since 2012, the deduction to agency might be around 30%.(to Park Bo Gum around 70% I guessed) 

After I read and watched interviews, the successful singers/actors could be influential inspiration for new generations wanna join audition and trainees' difficult world.

Spoiler

For captivating contract renewal, Bigbang have got profit sharing from stock investment holding in YG or YG's subsidiaries.

Jun Ji Hyun let her own set-up agency joined the production investment as a condition in her new drama to receive profit sharing.(The Legend of the Blue Sea)

etc. 

6 minutes ago, Grace1003 said:
Note: Bogum; I don't accept gifts.

I wonder what will he say if we say the following:

Fan: This is a gift.

BG: Sorry i don't accept gift. 

Fan: I know. This gift is not for you but for your manager hyung. (then turn to the manager) Manager-nim, Thanks for taking care of BG and here is the gift for you which is delicious food. Please share it with anyone you like especially the one who likes to eat. Then look at BG will evil smile. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:
  Hide contents

I guessed that Park Bo Gum has already debuted over 5 years, he moved from the big agency as SidusQ(which might deduct big portion to agency) to newly established Blossom Entertainment since 2012, the deduction to agency might be around 30%.(to Park Bo Gum around 70% I guessed) 

After I read and watched interviews, the successful singers/actors could make new generations wanna join trainees' difficult world.

Reveal hidden contents

For captivating contract renewal, Bigbang have got profit sharing from stock investment holding in YG or YG's subsidiaries.

Jun Ji Hyun let her own set-up agency joined the production investment as a condition in her new drama to receive profit sharing.(The Legend of the Blue Sea)

etc. 

30/70 is not a bad deal. I am grateful that he only start to hit big now instead of back then. 

• Like 2