[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

Guest nicmartin

I would like to stir the discussion to Mhorg-Kwan-Win, if I may :)
Proof that the writers still have some sense of logic in them (:chuckle:), I feel that the argument between Mhorg and Kwan was done right and true to their characters. 
Kwan rightfully stuck to her promise to Win (although she did lie a bit) and Mhorg almost compassionately explained to Kwan why he couldn't understand her point. That is richly mature coming from a boy who just lost his father. If there's one character who has every right to have an emotional breakdown, it's Mhorg. 
Was it just me but Kwan gave Mhog a defiant look when the latter gave her an almost apologetic smile at the concert? Trouble looming for sure?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dezzzy

Unlike the rest of the ships, the MhogKhwan may actually survive because Mhog can be very rational most of the times. So, the moment he comes to know the secret of Khwan, he'll understand. But this is HTS.

My prediction is that they'll break up but the moment we can consider a WinKhwan ship, the New York girl arrives and it will become messy again.

This happened to PhuToei - when Thee finally let go, Phu lost Toei.

PhaiSprite - when sprite finally broke up with Porsche, a girl with Phai's baby arrives.

TarPang - when Tar finally had the courage to let go of everything for Toie...Pang made Toie promise to cut ties with Tar.

DaoKoi - we all know this is temporary.

NonThee - nope.

So, whatever the conclusion of this season, its pretty much darker. Just like the Game of Thrones, who actually cares if someone might die? But purple just can't stop watching. AND we learn so much social realities out of a pretty much messed up stories

carlosc said: anyway my comments here in the forum are really not intended for the other participants. my intended audience has always been the people behind the show, not the fans like in this forum. it's just that this is the only venue available since i don't see any other means of reaching the people behind HTS.

@bencanuck--i have no problem opening up the forum to the HTS team. this is still the internet. it's public domain. nothing prevents anyone of us from sending the links to the comments in the forum to the team. yes i saw the twitter hashtag but seriously, considering the views exchanged here, i don't think twitter's 140 characters was an acceptable avenue for comments lest we end up flooding their timelines. that's just inconsiderate. thank you.
speaking as someone who works in media (and yes that's why i'm harsher on them than most people) the HTS team should welcome audience feedback. seriously,  we TV people make a living out of the audience, without them watching, we won't make money. where i work, we don't go around proclaiming we want to teach. we just entertain and let people decide for themselves if they learned something. we're clear what we do with our shows, which shows are really meant to entertain, and which are meant to inform. unless a show is clear on its agenda, it will be like phu---an irritating mess.

(Not surprisingly) we all feel for at least one character but Phu, although he officially lost two crush/lover in one episode. (We can count Tar as well but Toei did that for Pang and she did not really mean that).
But somehow, I still believe that Phu genuinely likes Toei. And yes, Toei does not like him as much. I read it somewhere that how can Toei knows she is "just friend" when we in fact hardly see her hanging out with any friends other than Tar? Maybe she always has feelings for Tar since the beginning. It is just covered with the so-called friendship (and before she realized, Tar already ignored her.  

For Kwan/Mhog/Win, I used to be a huge Win-Kwan shipper but not now. Why?  He harmed no one (unlike Phu), but he also did nothing good for Kwan until now. He does not give us a valid reason to feel sympathy (for e.g if he comes back for Kwan he should at least try to give up drugs for her). All we see until now is he refuse to do so. I must admit that may be extremely hard when you 're already involved in drugs, but common, at least you should try. I still like Win, but I don't think Kwan/Win is a good idea now. 
For Mhog, he totally has all reasons on earth to be jealous, yet he still calmed - Win is his close friend after all , and Kwan clearly shows that she cares for Win. (...sighed, I don't think Kwan likes Mhog as much as she likes Win).
"Nice guy" Tar finally gets the girl, please at least give the other nice guy (Mhog) a happy ending as well. He does not need to be with Kwan, but if that happens, I don't want win with Kwan either. (Your close friend + your girlfriend = cruel world). It is cruel for Win right now perhaps, but he chose to leave first >-< 

ANYWAY, so i was stuck in traffic on the drive home tonight and what better way to spend it than....thinking of the most over top ending scenarios for HTS2!
PHAI-SPRITE
scenario 1: phai tells sprite fern is pregnant. sprite stays away/reconciles with porsche.scenario 2 : phai tells sprite fern is pregnant. sprite still takes  phai.scenario 3. phai finds out fern's baby isn't really his. he gets back with sprite.scenario 4. fern's baby dies/fern and her baby disappear and phai gets back with sprite.
WIN-KWHAN-MORGS1: win dies, kwan and morg stay together. get married. name their 1st son WinS2: win lives, morg leaves kwan to win, morg studies university elsewhereS3. everyone stays single, nobody gets kwan regardless of whether or not win lives.S4: win lives, leaves kwhan to Morg, so win is open for jane's return to BKK.
TOEI-TAR-KPS1 Nobody ends up with anyoneS2 KP beats up toei, tar saves her again, toei finally takes tarS3.KP beats up toei after seeing Tar unhappy because Toei turned her down, KP releases Tar from her promise to stay away from Tar, Toei takes TarS4; Toei gets advice from her mom/sprite/somewhere else/maybe Phu and gives tar a shotS5. Toei finds out everything Tar did for her(including removing the vandalism in season 1 and hitting Win,) and is finally moved enough (with or without KP's blessings)  and decides to take/go after  TarS6 Tar stays put as Toei's friend and waits for Toei to come around, which she eventually does one reason or another.S7 Toei finds the fortune cookie from episode 1 which told her that her soulmate is just nearby and realises its tar.
PHU-THEE-NONS1 Nobody ends up with anyone.S2 Phu realises he really loves thee after getting advice from his mom/toei/bomb/another stranger/his brother, goes after himS3 Phu realises he really loves thee on his own and decides he's not gonna care about the consequences of being gay, he just wants to be with thee, goes ager theeS4 Phu realises he wants Thee years later as an adult, after Thee had broken up with Non.S5  Phu writes Thee a love letter (remember Bomb told him to write a love letter to the one he cares about. he didn't write Toei a love letter. ) Thee decides to take him back.
S6 Phu ambushes Thee and begs/forces him to talk, Thee says no. Non also goes after thee but Thee rejects both Phu and Non and Thee studies university outside Thailand/Bangkok. Thee ends up with  either Phu or Non when he comes back years after as an adult.S4. Phu goes after Thee, Thee takes him back. Non sees them and cries outside Thee's apartment.S5 Thee dies in either a suicide or accident . he goes back to his and phu's mountain and dies there.S6 Thee goes back to his and phu's mountain which Phu just conveniently visits and they talk again and really just become friends. thee  takes  Non instead.S7 we're told Phu just had amnesia that's why he went after Toei. he gets back with thee.S8 Phu and Non get together with Thee getting...WIn!!! (i thought of this after i saw a pic of Peach and Tou looking like they're about to kiss in peach's IG.) if this happens, then you solve 2 love triangles with one stone!!!!

ALTERNATE ENDING: Oil goes crazy, blows up the school. everybody dies.
OK OK, some of these scenarios are downright outrageous and ridiculous but  don't forget,the HTS team doesn't care about logic or realism.

@coffeecoffee
-AGREED on win-kwhan . the only thing that ship has going for it is--chemistry! Win and khan light up the screen so much unlike when Kwhan is with Morg when the screen is really just too friendly.

i think one reason the Phu-Thee story is so murky and tricky is because it encompasses 2 issues---homosexual love and fidelity in relationships.
remember that for Pyong, the premise in this relationship has always been that loves knows no gender. Gender i don't think has ever been an issue here. i don't remember an episode when either Phu or Thee were rejected/ridiculed by their friends/family for being gay or for being alleged to be gay. social acceptance was never shown as an issue for Phu-thee. neither was Phu ever shown to have problems accepting himself.
what Phu has always consistently said is his confusion over what he is. he was never shown to be averse to the idea of being gay or being straight. neither was he shown to be more in favour of being straight or being gay.
what Phu has always insisted is that it's possible for feelings to change, regardless of the gender of the person he has feelings for. 
i used to think thee is the one Phu can't live without and that's why he keeps coming back to him, but one can also argue that toei was an earlier ex---she and phu were dating when they were younger, and he kept coming back to her too.
which is why i'm inclined to think Phu is either 1 of 2 things.
---Phu is just downright selfish. he wants to have everything. and why not---he seems to be a child of privilege, with everything he wants served on a silver platter.
OR
---Phu has no clue what love, true romantic  love, the way Tar and Toei know love, really is. to him. to him, anything that makes him happy is love, and he doesn't pay attention the different shades of love 

@bencanuck--this is my preferred mode of feedback. not twitter. is there a problem with that?  these kinds of discussions are better not done on twitter. PERIOD.  and doing it here is akin to setting up a blog. i did write an open letter remember? since you're being helpful and since you're the HTS expert, why don't you just send them my feedback or better yet---give me their email addresses.
just because i said they SHOULD welcome feedback, doesn't i mean i think they won't. you're making assumptions  it's irritating. you take bits and pieces of what i say out of context. please wait for me to actually say that they do not welcome feedback before you say  "I have no idea where you got the idea that they might not." It's being passive aggressive. is it too much to ask that you simply say " yes, they do welcome feedback. Thanks."
just so that we can avoid conflicts, may i suggest you ignore me since you obviously disagree with me? this is a public forum and we're both entitled to say our piece. i already told you i'm not going to listen to anything you say. so please just comment away without tagging me. i don't even tag you anymore.
 I'm sure many people here disagree with me but they just ignore me. why are you spending so much time passive aggressively rebutting everything i say? 

Previously you said:

"this is the only venue available since i don't see any

other means of reaching the people behind HTS."

and:

"i don't think twitter's 140 characters was an acceptable avenue for

comments lest we end up flooding their timelines. that's just

inconsiderate."

I'm proposing solutions to what you're saying are your problems.

If you prefer something else, then you prefer something else. But that's not what you said before. You specified problems. I tried to help with them.

Hi Ben - I believe we better ignoring this guy. Something wrong with this person. Especially reading the reply after your posting. Save your time and others :))

bencanuck said:
And speaking of which ... it's sort of been floating around on the thread before now... But it's never really be answered or discussed in detail (and certainly not recently!)... What do people think: Should we give this forum link to #HormonesScriptTeam?? Or maybe... should we give this forum link to #HormonesScriptTeam later, after the season finishes?? What do people think?

I noticed in ep 13 season 1 the way Toei and Tar looked each other(when SeeScape was performing in the festival) just like what they did in Ep 11 of this season, so I personally believe that was already a hint that Toei have feelings for Tar which she might confused as a friendly feeling. :)

Toei just realized that she actually like Tar more than just a friend when the latter starting to give his attention to another girl. A bit of jealousy on her part since she never experience Tar looking at another girl.

Guest RusselM

Another heartbreaking pic, will out really soon. :|
img]

As I've said before, I'm not Dao-Koi shipper. But I always sad when their relationship always in trouble, I really wish their friendship could back even they must break up then! HTS 2 provided me much love story that was very sweet and cute at the beginning, but shake my feeling at the end of the broadcast. :-<

I agree with @diankusuma. I sort of understand that user's point view, but the user is not being respectful. It's perfectly fine to voice your opinion. I get that. It's the internet we can say what we please and write whatever and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the advice kind of applies to both of them. If you don't like what the other has to say, then ignore them. But you don't have to respond back if one answers you. Just because you haven't tagged them, it doesn't mean they know it. Obviously, someone is bound to answer you. Simple as that. I admit that I understand that one wants to help, but the user did stated before to ignore what the user post. You should've took that to heart to prevent conflict. 
Plus, no one is going to win this battle anyways. 
Let me be honest. When I sometimes answer, I only take out a portion of what the user said that I like, and answer it in a manner where it's not as judgmental, argumentative, or sarcastic. I like to use my words wisely because I don't like wasting words. But either than that, I ignore the rest of it because I don't like how aggressive the user comes off. No offense. Well, I think that's the nicest way to put it. I would cuss, but I don't want to get the red word about that swear filter haha. This is just a show, not the UFC where your boxing and kicking each other. If you want to go do that, then go join the UFC LOL. This is a forum. It's not like your words will make any significance to world. Nobody is earning money off of what they say, so I wish this bickering will end for good. Bickering? I think that's the right term for it.
Let's all learn from this like I stated in the first paragraph. ^^

Earthkeeper said: Good post. The content is pretty universal, what's different is the way each audience looks at it/interpret it. People in different countries with totally different culture/"shared points of view" will look at it differently. I guess many countries in Asia have similar takes on the show, that's why it is popular mainly in Asia (especially SEA).

I agree that you can enjoy the series without understanding the culture, as long as you do not expect that others will have the same points of view as yours.

carlosc said: redblueyellow said: I just wanted to clarify, Phu already had feelings for Toei since grade school right? They were exes?That's the thing that I have always in my mind that is why I don't believe Phu is gay. For me he is bisexual or somewhat in between (same thing though XD)
That's what I really believe. I think it was stated in S1 episode 1. When Toei's friends teasing her and she look at Phu playing the sax?
correct me if I'm wrong please. 

Archived