Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eight Guy-Friendly Korean Dramas And Movies

BY Adrienne Stanley (kdrama stars)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoEYUYO9WIw-3Kv9xtnsT

4. "Tazza: The Hidden Card" 

"Tazza: The Hidden Card" stars Big Bang's T.O.P as Ham Dae Gil, a young man who is inadvertently thrust into a high-stakes gaming ring. Shin Se Kyung and Lee Ha Nui (Honey Lee) provide interesting moments of romance and comedy in this crime noir. 

to read more:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/87527/20150624/eight-korean-movies-that-are-male-friendly.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check Out IU, EXO, GOT7 And Other Great

K-Pop Acting Idols With 'The Starstruck Collection'

By Leah Westbrook (kpop stars)

For those who'd rather skip the rom-com fluff, "Tazza 2" should do the trick. Starring Shin Se Kyung and Big Bang's T.O.P, "Tazza 2" is the story of a poker prodigy forced to gamble for his life in the seedy underworld of Seoul, after being framed as the scapegoat in a deal gone bad.

to read more:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/220940/20150717/kdrama-starstruck-collection-producer-exo-dream-knight-tazza-technicians-heirs.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Korean Film Festival (KOFFIA) 2015

Posted on July 28, 2015 by Justin

KOFFIAThe Korean Film Festival in Australia (KOFFIA) has been one of my favourite festivals over the last few years, and this year is shaping up to be as much fun as ever.

The full program has now been released, along with schedule information for all the cities they’re taking the festivities to, starting in a couple of weeks:

Sydney: Aug 12-20
Brisbane: Aug 25-31
Melbourne: Sep 3-10
Canberra Sep 5-6
Perth: Sep 17-20
Adelaide: Sep 24-27

The lineup itself comprises twenty films, all screening in Sydney and Melbourne, with a smaller subset in other cities.

The films on offer span a wide range of genres, from heartwarming family film How to Steal a Dog (which opens the festival) through smash-hit spectacles Kundo: Age of the Rampant and The Admiral: Roaring Currents, to contemporary social drama Madonna.

Here’s the official trailer:

read more:

http://www.heroic-cinema.com/2015/07/korean-film-festival-koffia-2015/

Embedded image permalink

cr: Se kung is ♥ ‏@AlwaysSSK

• 2 weeks later...

TAZZA: THE HIDDEN CARD

KOREAN MOVIE REVIEW

by BEATRIX TANUWIDJAJA (local culture guide)

tazza-poster-1.jpg

I can’t remember when was the last time I watched a Korean movie or series. The last ones that I watched were called Full House and Endless Love which were very popular TV series mainly centered around love and rom-com but nothing like this movie where it revolves mainly around gambling, love and violence.

I was fortunate enough to attend the screening of TAZZA: The Hidden Card movie as part of this year’s Korean Film Festival.

What I love about this movie is the fact that it is unpredictable, where usually in American movies, the storyline goes something like this: boy meets girl, a clear attraction is there, they got together and then things started to fall apart, but they managed to work through the issues between them and now they’re together again. Happily ever after basically.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR0MfXFYIAvi-3yKIW_rW

With this movie, it started off with the boy (Dae Gil) falling head over heels with a girl (Huh Mina played by Shin Se-kyung) but the girl was not interested. But the boy adamantly said for her to wait for him anyway as one day he will return, a rich man. Off the boy went to the big city, Seoul to make it big through gambling and soon enough, he forgot about his first love, Huh Mina as he was seduced by a wealthy, very attractive and slightly older widow, Ms. Woo (played by Honey Lee) where the pair met at an illegal ‘high rollers only’ gambling club.

The next time boy meets girl? When Mina was called in to a room as a prostitute as the game rolled on between Jang (played by Kwak Do-Won), a renowned heavyweight gambling gang boss playing against Dae Gil. I wont give you the full details what happened next but this movie is unlike so many other movies that I’ve watched before. You can’t even guess what’s going to happen next so if a suspense movie mixed with love and a bit of violence isn’t for you then I would suggest choosing other movies. However if you like something different then this is the way to go.

to read more:

http://localcultureguide.com/tag/shin-se-kyung/

• 1 month later...

9 Must-visit K-drama filming sites

by whatadrama (drama fever)

4. Tazza 2: City of Gun-san

4e1ce1d1-5685-4ccc-be89-dd2c6a2031ba.jpgfb18f94c-8858-4590-8609-0f86d08dab8e.jpg

The action/thriller film Tazza 2, in addition to The AttorneyWhen a Man Loves, and New World, were filmed in Gun-san, Jeonra-do.

What’s special about Gun-san? Buildings in Wolmyung-dong, Gun-san, preserve the aesthetics of modern Korea (early 1900s). The Japanese-style wooden houses, office buildings, and temples tell tales of the Japanese colonial era, and the Gun-san port that opened up to the Japanese in 1899 is also worth a visit.

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/9-must-visit-k-drama-filming-sites/

• 4 months later...

my biggest question about the movie was the scene where TOP is taken by Jang Dong Sik and he wakes up chained up and a kidney stolen, basically that one line where Dong Sik asks "how can i get my money with him like that?" (at least that's what the subtitles tell me) and one of his guys says "just drug him up and give him to the richard simmons" (at least what the subtitles tell me) if that's correct then does that mean they were gonna force TOP into prostitution like they did with the girls?

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Dong Hwi Says Big Bang′s T.O.P Took Care of Him During ′Tazza 2′

Lee Dong Hwi expressed his gratitude towards Big Bang′s T.O.P on Radio Star. 

Nam Goong Min, Lee Dong Hwi, Yoon Jung Soo and AOA′s Seolhyun appeared as guests on the March 30 broadcast of MBC′s Radio Star.

10406102.jpg

Lee Dong Hwi revealed how he knows T.O.P when MC Yoon Jong Shin asked, "You consider Big Bang′s T.O.P a mentor?" to which the actor responded, "He′s a friend I′m grateful for."

He continued, "We got really close while filming the movie Tazza 2 together. I didn′t have an agency at the time, and T.O.P would give me rides in his car and gave me a place to stay. I was really thankful for that."

Lee Dong Hwi said, "However, when I went to T.O.P′s place, I had to sleep on the couch. I remember it being really uncomfortable," drawing laughs. 

The actor later explained, "The reason I call him my mentor is because he would keep saying ′Good job′ like the professor in the film Whiplash.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/104061/lee-dong-hwi-says-big-bangs-top-took-care-of-him-during-tazza-2 

Archived