Is Age Gap Nowadays Still A Big Factor?

angela0919

exotaobaby... our parent are really concern to whom we end up with.... they always wanted for the best for us.... but on the other hand... as long as we love and understand the person... age maybe doesn't matter....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Freak.. your right... we cant tell that she right or wrong... because loving someone much older than you is a matter of choice... maybe it makes her happy with an older person. as you have said maybe she looking for a father image..... But i admire her courage to be in that kind of relationship....

Guest wishy-star

I don't really think age should matter as long as a couple have the same goals for the future. My best friend is 23 and her boyfriend is 9 years older at age 32. They live together and are perfectly happy. 
My boyfriend of 8 years is 32 days younger than me, its not too much of a difference but I know many girls who absolutely refuse to even consider a man younger than them at all.
Some people can just be wise beyond their years or young at heart.

I really admire  a lot of people like u  wishy-star.... as long as there is love. 
People make sure that whatever the future holds. maybe we must  sure not to try and modify your behavior too much for your partner. Don't try to change to become more mature if you are the younger because your  young, don't feel you have to 'keep up' with your partner  in order to please him/her. More importantly, don't force your partner to change – this will only ever end in disaster.

Guest KimlyiiS

I feel like the age gap isn't looked at as much as it used to be before. Honestly, I don't think I would date someone who is younger than I am but you never know what is going to happen and when it happens it happens. I don't think you should turn away people just because of their age. Some people mature fast and some people mature slow. I sort of prefer guys who are older than I am because I feel like they are more mature. I guess as long as the other person isn't taking advantage of you and have a good relationship, in the end that's what really matters~ ^^

Guest annabanna108

Personally I think that a guy should be older than a girl since guys mature later. 1-5 years is good for me but way older just grosses me out.

Today i thinks we dont have to count the age of the person... but what matters most is the ability of the persons to love and to be love.... Being so considerate of you other behalf is a good thing.... sharing and understand of oneself.... to others is a good thing.....

Guest villavi

I don't think a huge age gap is a big deal if that's what the couple wants. I wouldn't mind dating a younger guy, as long as it's within a 3 year range...
Then I guess it's one thing when the couple is 14 and 21 and another when they're 30 and 37, the gap in maturity rapidly diminishes as the couple gets older :)

villavi said: I don't think a huge age gap is a big deal if that's what the couple wants. I wouldn't mind dating a younger guy, as long as it's within a 3 year range...

Villavi ... I think age doesnt matter as long as there is really love and respect to one another....
In my case i married my husband who is 7 years younger than me... and we are more than 8 years together now.... Still up to this days we don't encounter any major problem...
Maybe its a matter of give and take... and respect to oneself...

For a single shag, men will bang any legal age up to the age of their mother without any hesitation if she was hot.

As for a relationship, it varies, but IMO it's better to date someone who is younger than your mother.

Guest collegeloving23

To me it depends on the age gap. I dont think age matters as long as you connect and their isnt a maturity issue, financial issue etc. people in different age categories are usually on very different levels. I also think it gets to much when guys are dating girls as young as thier kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiki_725

My ex was 2 years younger than me and it never caused a problem. There is a 5 year age gap between my parents so i guess i don't see an issue with there being a small age gap. There was a time when a 35 year old fancied and i was about 20 - my dad wasn't happy and wouldn't allow the relationship to develop.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

1 digit is fine, 2 digits im thinking deep down might be some sort of psychological issues...... (father problems/not being there, mid-life crisis, semi pervert, never wanting to grow up etc)

For me it's about attraction and energy level, you gotta look my age (dont wanna date someone who looks younger than me nor someone who looks old) and keep up with me regardless if you are 22 or 32

• 2 weeks later...

THE TIME SO VERY FAST.... EVERYTHING CHANGE... ONLY CONSTANT NEVER CHANGE.... ITS DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR PARTNER IS YOUNGER THAN YOU. OR SOMEONE IS OLDER TO THE OTHER....
THE SOLUTION OR THE COMBINATION SHOULD BE LOVE... RESPECT AND MATURITY WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIP....

The age gap should not be that big of a problem as long as both parties in the relationship are mature (as many of you have mentioned), are on the same page, as in having the same goals, both are willing to work out difficulties, and their personalities compliment one another. I am a living example of this, being married to a husband who is 13 years older than I am. Many do say I am more mature than most women my age. Compared to many of my friends, my life stages (getting a job, traveling the world, etc.) moved at a faster pace and I knew that the party scene of clubbing every weekend, getting wasted, etc. was not on my agenda anymore. The same was for him, so we were both heading towards the serious dating for a future, not wasting time just "experimenting" with different partners.  Our careers were both pretty stable so that helped a lot. I was picky when looking for a mate but when I met my husband, I found many of the traits I was looking for in a guy; I didn't let the age factor to be the reason to opt him out as a candidate.  Yes, he is older and has much more life experience, including many "scars" from his past, which led him to actually feel insecure but with me being in the picture, he says my innocence and energy has healed him. We have been married for more than a year and things are stable and blissful. We might have passed the honeymoon stage as many would call it, but we understand each other well enough to learn which arguments are not worth it, be considerate of each other, and grow as a couple. It's hard to do but if you love the person enough, look past the age and ask yourself if the person is worth your time.  Consider the pros and cons and see if your lives really go hand in hand.

That whole "Guys mature later" thing is such crap.

It's nothing more than a poor generalization.

Maturity is largely misunderstood, like many other things.

There are those people who judge it from the outside, like on age, work position, and material accumulation, and then there are those who judge it based off attitude, and stupid things like "Character".

Who the hell wants to be a Character? It's just an act. Why act like a character in your life? Why not just be your authentic self?

And Attitude. Attitude towards what? And what Attitude is so mature? Are you so mature that you can't smile or laugh at someone's farts or when someone trips? Are you mature because you go to Operas, play golf, and are politically involved?

Are you suddenly not mature because you fist-bumped your mate for banging someone on his first date? What about looking at asses at the Gym? Or taking that extra shot when you clearly had enough.

This is in the same category as those dolts that don white collars, preach in white linens, and consider themselves holy and sacred because they only stuck with one vagina their whole life.

Self-Righteous judges who preach life, but in truth, only practice death. Grim reapers dressed in white and purple-gold.

Truth is, is that if you're acting a certain way, then it has nothing to do with maturity. Actors outside the movie screen are just cowards. I don't know any other way to put it.

Your wisest and most mature men and women won't be found in your mosques or praying to a wall in some war-torn country. They won't be those people that always go, "I don't mean to sound rude or anything...", or "I know you're entitled to your opinion, but...".  They are not your "Existentialist", "New-Agers", or philosophers.

They are partying at your local bars and nightclubs, surfing your beaches, hiking your mountains, and perusing the market places, shopping for food. Perhaps you'll even find one in your occasional brothel, they'll be either the misses or the gentleman.

Spontaneity without discipline. Going about your way, for no other reason other than it's because it's your way. Knowing wholeheartedly the pointlessness of existence, but finding pure joy and freedom in it. That's real maturity, and this has nothing to do with age. Just a realization, that's all that's needed.

Archived