Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy promotes her upcoming movie 'Dorihwaga'

Upcoming historical movie 'Dorihwaga' (English title: The Sound of a Flower) is just days ahead of its premiere. It's a highly anticipated film, starring Suzy and Ryu Seung Ryong and we're sure many people already want to watch it. But Suzy has still been taking the time to continuously promote her film on her SNS!

She's been constantly uploading photos related to the film on her Instagram over the past few weeks, getting us even more excited for the film. We already have a feeling 'Dorihwaga' will be a hit!

'Dorihwaga' is based on the true story about a young woman, played by Suzy, who disguises herself as a man in order to learn pansori. Pansori is a traditional type of Korean musical storytelling, performed by a vocalist and drummer.

The movie premieres very soon on November 25 in Korea. Check out some of her posts below, but also check out her personal Instagram page because there's so much more! 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/suzy-promotes-her-upcoming-movie-dorihwaga 

-----
Ryu Seung Ryong, Suzy and Song Sae Byuk talked about this movie. There also footage during they filming the movie. The scenery shoot are breathtaking.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

[Photo] miss A′s Suzy, Ryu Seung Ryong and More Gather for ′Dorihwaga′

56736079.jpg

Words cannot describe her beauty

88316556.jpg

Ryu Seung Ryong wears an austere suit

24999441.jpg

Song Sae Byeok looks chic in all black

86973588.jpg

Lee Dong Hwi stands out in his long coat

65381627.jpg

Ahn Jae Hong answers a few questions

52378216.jpg

Please watch and enjoy ′Dorihwaga!′

Suzy, Ryu Seung Ryong, Song Sae Byeok, Lee Dong Hwi, Ahn Jae Hong and more gathered for Dorihwaga′s press screening at Wangsimni CGV in Seoul on November 18. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/99975/photo-miss-as-suzy-ryu-seung-ryong-and-more-gather-for-dorihwaga 

-----
Suzy says she got sick during 'Dorihwaga' filming

miss A's Suzy revealed that she got sick during filming for the movie 'Dorihwaga'.

At the November 18th premiere of the much-anticipated historical film, Suzy was asked if she caught the cold considering there were so many rain scenes. She answered, "I suffered for a few days. There's another water scene, but it was edited out so you won't be able to see it. I got extremely sick after that."

CUGJ7UbWwAIGda1.jpg

Director Lee Jong Pil added, "She filmed only wearing a thin hanbok. All the staff around me told me to stop, but Suzy's tough. Most actresses would've said they want to stop... I'm thankful to her."

She sounds tough!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/suzy-says-she-got-sick-during-dorihwaga-filming

-----
Suzy Is Radiant in Hanbok Pictorial for First Look Magazine

miss A’s Suzy’s famous beauty shines through once again in her newest pictorial for fashion magazine First Look.

The pictorial matches her role in her latest film, “The Sound of a Flower” (also known as “Dorihwaga”). Suzy plays a young woman who becomes the first female pansori singer in the Joseon era. To match with this concept, she can be seen in the photoshoot wearing a variety of delicate hanboks, traditional Korean clothing made of silk.

suzy-.jpg

From carefully embroidered collars to patterned sleeves to plain white silk, the clothes and natural makeup prove that she embraces the “look,” as well as the “sound,” of a flower. This is actually her first pictorial wearing hanboks.

“The Sound of a Flower” is set in 1867 and follows the story of Suzy’s character as she strives to become the first female pansori singer in Korea. The film is set to be released on November 25.

suzy.jpg

suzy-miss-a.jpgmiss-a-suzy.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/17/suzy-is-radiant-in-hanbok-pictorial-for-first-look-magazine/

Guest notjoowon

The Sound of a Flower, Bae Su-ji interview

3-3On November 18th in a CGV theatre in Wangsimni Seoul, there was a press only screening of The Sound of a Flower. At the screening the leading cast, consisting of Ryu Seung-ryong, Bae Su-ji, Song Sae-byeok, Lee Dong-hwi, and Ahn Jae-hong ,were present, as well as the director Lee Jong-Pil.

The Sound of a Flower takes place in 1867 in a time where women are not permitted to perform Pansori (story telling through song). However the young girl Jin Chae-Sun (played by Bae Su-ji) and her mentor Shin Jae-Hyo(played by Ryu Seung-ryong) wish to challenge her fate and so that she can become Choson(name of the Korean kingdom during that time period)’s first female singer. Bae Su-ji plays history’s first recorded female Pansori singer during the Choson dynasty, Jin Chae-Sun.

In the movie Su-ji did not stop acting even during the torrential rain. Su-ji talked about it laughing and said “After the scene where I was getting pelted with heavy rain, I caught a cold. I remember it being very hard for a few days after that. There is a scene where I go in and out of the water, but I think it was removed in the editing process. I remember catching a severe cold after that one as well.”

“Because the director shot the movie in order, I actually was a beginner at the start and changed as the movie went on. It was really interesting. It is something that came out really naturally in the movie, so I’m happy.” She revealed.

2-2

About sticking to the training process she said “My learning time was one year. Because of both my and the teacher’s busy schedules we met and practiced for one or two hours at a time.” “I would also record the teachers voice and try to follow it to improve my pansori” Bae Su-ji continued.

In The Sound of a Flower Ryu Seung-ryong and Bae Su-ji have a special relationship in their roles. Bae Su-ji said “Like a mentor, he really took good care of me and was considerate. Because of that, I think I had more confidence when we did the shooting on set.” “I think we had a lot of special exchanges on set. Throughout the shooting, Ryu Seung-ryong could tell me I was doing ok with just a look.” She said gratefully.

“On set like a kind mentee, even though it was difficult, she spoke carefully and really embodied the character, making it worthwhile. On stage like Chae-Sun (the character she portrays) she would challenge things and be stimulating. So I learned a lot of things from Bae su-ji.” Ryu Seung-ryong said warmly.

In closing Su-ji said “The Sound of a Flower is a heartwarming yet heavy movie.” “Families, men, woman, young, old, whoever can enjoy this movie I think.” She said to the potential movie goers.”

The Sound of a Flower comes out November 25th.

Article by Han Jihee of Get It K, Photos by Choi Eun-hee

Copyright ⓒ Get It K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/343090-upcoming-movie-2015-the-sound-of-a-flower-도리화가/?page=7

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy reveals how learning pansori affected her singing

During her November 19 interview with Newsen in which she discussed her new film 'Dorihwaga' in detail, Suzy admitted that learning pansori (traditional Korean musical storytelling singing style) vastly helped her singing. 

CUMBZ1FVEAETQXF.jpg

The singer explained, "I wondered if it would help [me sing better] because it was completely different genre but it really helped a lot. Truthfully, the way I sang up until now was J.Y. Park's method of 'half air half noise' and I was using more air when I sang. But for pansori you have to use all noise. The vocalization itself is very loud, strong, and majestic." 

"Typically, when I'm recording [in the studio] I would always get the pointer to use more of my vocals. But this time, I was told to use more air. It's the first time I heard that so it was fascinating to me. I thought 'Did [my voice] change after learning pansori?' I think I will continue learning it." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/suzy-reveals-how-learning-pansori-affected-her-singing

-----
Suzy gets personal about her big boss J.Y. Park 

In an interview she conducted with Newsen at a cafe in Seoul on November 19, Suzy had nothing but kind words for J.Y. Park.

CUMBbGBUcAEdpwc.jpg

The idol-turned-actress was talking about the respect she had for her 'Dorihwaga' co-star Ryu Seung Ryong, who plays the role of her pansori instructor in the film, when the interviewer mentioned her real-life teacher J.Y. Park. Suzy replied, "J.Y. Park is also a great teacher." 

She continued, "For J.Y. Park, [teaching] singing and dancing is a given but he also watches out for our mental and physical health. He takes care of us so well that sometimes I think he's too kind to be an agency president. Should I say he's humane? I think he possesses that quality. He's definitely a character. When I watch him on stage, or practicing or working out, I think he's amazing." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/suzy-gets-personal-about-her-big-boss-jy-park

-----
What does Suzy think of 'Reply 1988'?

During an interview with TV Report for Suzy's promotion of movie 'Dorihwaga,' the idol-turned-actress revealed herself to be a fan of tvN's 'Reply 1988.'  Her co-stars in the film, Lee Dong Whee and Ahn Jae Hong, are both currently in the drama.

CUJliEtU8AEfGf-.jpg

She said, "I am watching it with immense sadness.  It's a shame that I am unable to empathize with each and every prop because I'm not from that generation, but I am able to overcome the time difference through the story of family.  It is very poignant and it makes me cry.  I would be very happy if the story of my generation would also come out."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/what-does-suzy-think-of-reply-1988

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy Has Yet to Talk About Co-Star Kim Woo Bin With Boyfriend Lee Min Ho

miss A‘s Suzy says she has yet to receive tips regarding acting with her upcoming co-star Kim Woo Bin from her boyfriend Lee Min Ho.

On November 19, the idol sat down for an interview with media outlet Daily Sports to discuss her career and promote her latest movie “The Sound of a Flower” which is set to premiere this month.

CUMA5mgUEAEUXBR.jpg

After it was confirmed last August that she will be starring alongside Kim Woo Bin in a new romantic drama, many of Suzy’s fans have been wondering about Lee Min Ho’s reaction to the news. The top male stars played lead roles in the 2013 drama “The Heirs.”

When asked if Lee Min Ho has given her any tips for acting with Kim Woo Bin, Suzy said, “We haven’t discussed that yet.”

“We haven’t started filming the drama yet,” she explained, and said she is currently getting to know her character, “I’m slowly starting to prepare for my role.” She will be playing a documentary producer with a strong sense of justice, who later comes to face the ugly truth about the world.

Entitled “Uncontrollably Fond,” the drama is expected to premiere in early 2016.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/19/suzy-has-yet-to-talk-about-co-star-kim-woo-bin-with-boyfriend-lee-min-ho/ 

-----
[Photo] Suzy attends media premiere of movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER'

On November 18th, Suzy attended media premiere of movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' which was held at CGV Wangsimni branch.

20151118174156_564c39d46aa1a_1.jpg

Ryu Seung Ryong and Song Sae Byuk also attended the premiere with Suzy.

Meanwhile, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is evolves around the first female folk song singer of Joseon, Jin Chae Sun (played by Suzy) and her mentor, Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong). The movie will be officially released on November 25th.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=418444 

-----
[Photo] Lead roles of movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' @ media premiere together

On November 18th, media premiere of movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' held at CGV Wangsimni branch.

20151118174026_564c397aa03bd_1.jpg

Suzy, Ryu Seung Ryong and Song Sae Byuk attended the premiere together.

Meanwhile, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is evolves around the first female folk song singer of Joseon, Jin Chae Sun (played by Suzy) and her mentor, Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong). The movie will be officially released on November 25th.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=418443 

Guest adikkeluangman

New steal cuts of Suzy from movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' unleashed

New steal cuts of Suzy from movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' were unleashed.

Movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is going to be officially released on November 25th, and the movie's production team released new steal cuts of Suzy.

20151118211140_564c6afc9b29f_1.jpg

Suzy played in 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' as a female lead role named Jin Chae Sun, who becomes the first female student of Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong), and the photos show Suzy going through vocal training at mountain, field, river, and waterfall.

The photos also show Suzy continuing her training under heavy rainfall, and it is said that Suzy shot the scene for over ten hours.

Suzy travelled all across Korea to film 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' and the movie will show Jin Chae Sun's relentless effort and passion for music.

Suzy is going to present another complete transformation through 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' and fans' anticipation for the film is now reaching the peak.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=418515

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy Says ′Nation′s First Love′ is a Title She Needs to Overcome

Suzy shared her honest thoughts regarding the title ′Nation′s First Love.′

Suzy sat down for an interview on November 19, ahead of the release of the film Dorihwaga, where she said, "′Nation′s First Love′ is a really nice modifier, but I also think it′s a wall I definitely need to climb over." 

10006602.jpg

She said, "In this film too, I come out with black stuff all over my face, but if I concern myself with ′my image is this or that′ too much then I don′t think I′ll be able to do anything. I want to be able to show this side and that side through my work."

Suzy continued, "And because ′Nation′s First Love′ is a modifier that came from my image in a film, I didn′t have the desire to revive that."

When asked what title she wants to earn through this film, Suzy said, "To be honest, I got that question at the production presentation, and I thought about it a lot. I don′t think ′Nation′s Singer′ or ′Nation′s Ulssu′ is it. So I′m just going with Suzy. I′ve decided to go without a title."

Dorihwaga is set in 1867, during a time when women weren′t allowed to perform pansori, and centered on Jin Chae Sun (Suzy), the first woman to become a pansori singer in the Joseon era, and her mentor Shin Jae Hyo (Ryu Seung Ryong). The film hits theaters on November 25.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100066/suzy-says-nations-first-love-is-a-title-she-needs-to-overcome 

-----
Netizens get fired up over Ryu Seung Ryong's seemingly degrading remarks about Suzy

Another controversy has burgeoned recently, involving miss A's Suzy and some innocent words that were uttered by her 'Dorihwaga' co-star Ryu Seung Ryong at the film showcase that was held back on November 4. 

There seems to be no real harm behind the words the actor said about Suzy; in fact, he was complimenting Suzy on her bright and cheery persona. However, what he said rubbed some people the wrong way. Ryu Seung Ryong had said, "The atmosphere on set was noticeably different when Suzy was there compared to when she wasn't. Just by being there, she infected us with her happiness, aegyo, and the virtue that a female actress should carry on the set. On Pepero Day, she gifted all the staff members, all 100-something of them, with Pepero and handwritten notes." At the time, what the actor said was simply taken as a joke and people hadn't thought too much of it. 

CUPgpxkVEAAYqKJ.jpg

However, what Ryu Seung Ryong had just said in the moment became a controversy, as some people claimed the actor's statement was degrading women. The issue may have died down on its own but Go Kyung Pyo added fuel to the fire with the rantings he left on social media. 

Go Kyung Pyo wrote on his social media account on November 19, "What kind of nonsense is this. Will someone explain this situation to me? While I was filming for 'The Treacherous,' I went to visit the set [of 'Dorihwaga'] just to say hello and Suzy was just so pretty and nice and I felt that everyone there liked her. Just how do you have to interpret what Ryu Seung Ryong said for you to leave comments like that? How is life in society possible for people like you? Someone please enlighten me. It seems like it's mostly women who are commenting but do women understand what's going on? That reaction? Do you really feel that Suzy is a well of happiness? Did what Ryu Seung Ryong say really make him seem like a pervert?" 

Go Kyung Pyo was said to have went back and forth with the people on his social media, arguing with them over the issue. Though his social media account is his own space, his extreme words are certainly not helping the case. Netizens who read Go Kyung Pyo's social media post pointed out, "Go Kyung Pyo is the bigger problem here. He is making the issue worse."   

Go Kyung Pyo's agency has stepped forward on November 20 to make a statement regarding this matter, telling Daily Sports, "We are discussing the issue with [Go Kyung Pyo]. We are sorting [the matter] out internally." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/netizens-get-fired-up-over-ryu-seung-ryongs-seemingly-degrading-remarks-about-suzy

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy Talks About Juggling Being an Idol and Acting

Suzy opened up about juggling being an idol and an actress. 

Suzy sat down for an interview at a cafe in Seoul′s Samcheong-dong on November 19, ahead of the release of the film Dorihwaga, where she responded to the comment, "Maybe it′s because three years have passed since Architecture 101, but you′ve definitely matured and your image as an actress is stronger than that of an idol," saying "But I′m still overflowing with playfulness inside."

10006802.jpg

She continued, "On the outside, when I look a myself too, I do think that I lost a lot of my baby fat and have matured. To be honest, my thoughts were never slanted one way like, ′I want to be an idol more′ or ′I want to be an actress more.′ And I′m still that way. If there′s a good project out there, I act, and if there are plans for a miss A album, then I move according to that." 

Suzy added, "As I juggle being a singer and acting, I do have the desire to do well in both things so I don′t fall behind in one thing. It may be greed, but if I′m still young, I can say that I′m young and take my time and try different things." 

Dorihwaga is set in 1867, during a time when women weren′t allowed to perform pansori, and centered on Jin Chae Sun (Suzy), the first woman to become a pansori singer in the Joseon era, and her mentor Shin Jae Hyo (Ryu Seung Ryong). The film hits theaters on November 25.

10006803.jpg

10006804.jpg

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100068/suzy-talks-about-juggling-being-an-idol-and-acting 

-----
Actor Lee Dong Hwi has fun chilling with miss A's Suzy and his 'Reply 1988' cast mates

Actor Lee Dong Hwi (the funny guy in 'Reply 1988') has been in the spotlight these days, just like the rest of his cast in the currently airing drama. But he's been spreading the love for both 'Reply 1988' as well as Suzy and her upcoming film 'Dorihwaga'!

On his personal Instagram account, he's posted lots of photos with his fellow cast mates in 'Reply 1988' as well as photos of him with Suzy and Ryu Seung Ryong from 'Dorihwaga'.

CUTlx5vUEAAo8c4.jpg

He looks like he's close with everyone! And he also seems to really like Suzy. He even uploaded a screenshot where his photo and Suzy's photo were side by side. Plus, we're loving the bromance between the 'Reply 1988' guys.

He's promoting both his drama and 'Dorihwaga', so you should be sure to check both out! 'Dorihwaga' premieres on November 25 and 'Reply 1988' is currently airing.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/actor-lee-dong-hwi-has-fun-chilling-with-miss-as-suzy-and-his-reply-1988-cast-mates 

Guest adikkeluangman

“The Film Set Is Different When Suzy Is Around,” Says Ryu Seung Ryong

On the November 22 episode of “Section TV,” actor Ryu Seung Ryong opens up about what it’s like working with miss A‘s Suzy.

201511221603741119_1_99_20151122160404.j

When asked what it was like working with Suzy, Ryu Seung Ryong says, “I’m quite envious of her. There was a huge difference on set between the days she was there and the days she wasn’t. She made it an enjoyable filming experience for everyone involved with her positive energy and cheerful passion.”

Ryu Seung Ryong and Suzy star together in the upcoming film, “The Sound of a Flower,” otherwise known as “Dorihwaga.” The film is about Korea’s first female p’ansori singer during Korea’s Joseon dynasty. The film is set to hit the big screens on November 25.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/22/the-film-set-is-different-when-suzy-is-around-says-ryu-seung-ryong/

-----
Suzy’s Transition into Acting Discussed on “Section TV”

It has been revealed that miss A’s Suzy debuted as an actress solely because of her agency.

201511221632881117_1_99_20151122163305.j

On the November 22 broadcast of MBC’s “Section TV,” reporters talked about stars with top looks and acting skills.

On this episode, Suzy was mentioned. It has been said that Suzy’s agency strongly recommended the star to start acting, despite her wishes against the idea. She did not want to act, but decided to try it out because of her agency. She then debuted as an actress through the drama, “Dream High.”

It wasn’t easy for her to reach her star status as an actress. In the beginning, many viewers criticized Suzy, and noted that her acting was very bad. After that, Suzy tried extremely hard to perfect her acting skills and be recognized as an actress. Her hard work paid off, as she rose to fame through her role in the film, “Architecture 101.” Through this movie, Suzy earned her nickname as the “Nation’s First Love.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/22/suzys-transition-into-acting-discussed-on-section-tv/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

[Photo] Kim Soo Hyun, Park Shin Hye, Twice and More Attend ′Dorihwaga′ VIP Screening

81285345.jpg

The lady of the hour makes her grand entrance

72329843.jpg

Suzy goes for a modest mini dress

83957832.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung rocks a cozy, oversized knit

16264764.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun keeps it clean and casual in jeans and sneakers

97416305.jpg

Park Shin Hye works the cameras with chic poses

19063495.jpg

Looking good, Lee Seung Gi!

33669503.jpg

Park Hyung Sik goes for a gray theme

58065481.jpg

Park Jin Young rocks drop crotch pants

34592320.jpg

Younha and Baek A Yeon looks winter cute

74529843.jpg

Twice rolls out to support their senior

23057916.jpg

Yoo Yeon Seok looks dapper

77842893.jpg

Kim Woo Bin saunters onto the photo wall

Korea′s top stars gathered for the VIP screening of film Dorihwaga, held at the Wangshimni CGV in Seoul on November 23. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100117/photo-kim-soo-hyun-park-shin-hye-twice-and-more-attend-dorihwaga-vip-screening

This is like the most start studded VIP premiere of the year. Most of young actors are Suzy co-stars in dramas and also CF even for her upcoming dramas.

-----
151123 Younha's Instagram:
"The Sound of a Flower Premiere~ With Ayeon! Waiting for the stage greeting❤️

CUflNUnUcAA1Ufo.jpg
via fyjypnation 

Guest adikkeluangman

^Yep, I agree too. She looks pretty wearing the hanboks. I'm not sure why people want to downgrade and compare her with Lee Young Ae hanbok photoshoot. Both are beautiful in their own ways. Maybe for Suzy photo shooot either they got the same photographer or stylist team as LYA or they get inspired by that photo shoot. 

Yeay, it finally on cinemas.

CUqasAXUYAAnnEm.jpg

Suzy’s new film ‘The Sound of a Flower’ falls short on opening day at box office

Suzy’s new film ‘The Sound of a Flower’ opened in cinemas across Korea on November 25th, but it fell way short of expectations on its opening day at the local box office.

According to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), ‘The Sound of a Flower’ gathered 49,216 admissions on November 25th, and finished 4th on the local box office chart.

Another new film ‘You Call It Passion’ which is headlined by actress Park Bo Young fared better as it opened to second on the same day with 59,744 admissions.

‘The Sound of a Flower’ tells the true story of Jin Chae Sun who was Joseon’s first female pansori singer, and her relationship with her teacher Shin Jae Hyo (Ryu Seung Ryong). This was Suzy’s big screen comeback after her last successful film project ‘Architecture 101.’

Although ‘The Sound of a Flower’ failed to place first on its opening day, it was only second in presales to ‘Inside Men’ (first place with 251,167 admissions), and could yet achieve good results with the weekend beckoning.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Source: http://kpopfighting.com/2015/11/26/suzys-new-film-the-sound-of-a-flower-falls-short-on-opening-day-at-box-office/

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Bo Young's 'You Call It Passion' wins over Suzy's 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER'

Park Bo Young's 'You Call It Passion' won over Suzy's 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER.'

On November 25th, Park Bo Young's new film, 'You Call It Passion,' and Suzy's new film, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' were released together.

20151126161421_5656b14cbd115_1.jpg

'You Call It Passion' is a comedy film that evolves around a young girl named Do Ra Hee (played by Park Bo Young), who starts going through a series of troubles at her work after meeting a new superior, Ha Jae Gwan (played by Jung Jae Young).

On the other hand, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is evolves around the first female folk song singer of Joseon, Jin Chae Sun (played by Suzy) and her mentor, Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong).

Park Bo Young and Suzy both made major hits with 'Hot Young Bloods,' 'The Silenced,' 'Collective Invention,' and 'Architecture 101' over the course of last few years, and a great number of fans have showed huge anticipation for Park Bo Young and Suzy's new competition.

Park Bo Young played in 'You Call It Passion' as a rookie employee, and the movie showcases Park Bo Young's major transformation. Park Bo Young successfully portrayed a young rookie employee in the movie, and 'You Call It Passion' will become one of the most significant milestones of Park Bo Young's career.

Suzy, on the other hand, played in 'THE SOUND A FLOWER' as the first female folk song singer of Joseon, named Jin Chae Sun. She starts pursuing her dream of becoming the top folk singer of Joseon after becoming a student of Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong). Suzy actually went through vocal training for the movie, and travelled around many different regions of South Korea to shoot the film.

According to the data summary released by Korea Film Council on November 26th, 'You Call It Passion' has attracted 59,744 viewers on November 25th, peaking at #2 on Korean box office chart.

'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' has attracted 49.216 viewers on the same day, peaking at #4 on Kroean box office chart.

Two of Korea's most representative young actresses are now demonstrating an intense competition against each other, and many people are now focusing their attention to who will be the final winner.

Meanwhile, 'Inside Men' is peaking at #1 on Korean box office chart at the moment, people's curiosity about whether Suzy or Park Bo Young will be able to overtake the #1 ranking of 'Inside Men.'

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=419872 

-----
These special posters look pretty and awesome. I think it more like for 4 season. 

This is fall

-----
Summer

Guest adikkeluangman

Check out more beautiful posters of Suzy for the film 'Dorihwaga'

Check out the newly released posters for Suzy's new movie 'Dorihwaga' (English title: The Sound of a Flower'! The historical film has just premiered and five new and artistic posters have come out.

The posters are beautifully shot and the hanbok (traditional Korean wear) really suit the movie's stars Suzy and Ryu Seung Ryong. You can also see how the lettering on the posters are written horizontally in the traditional way.

Suzy_1448678614_20151127_suzy_copy_3.jpg

'Dorihwaga' is based on the true story set in 1867 about a young woman, played by Suzy, who disguises herself as a man in order to learn pansori. Pansori is a traditional type of Korean musical storytelling, performed by a vocalist and drummer.

The movie is in theaters now in Korea!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/check-out-more-beautiful-posters-of-suzy-for-the-film-dorihwaga 

This is such a pity... The trailers looked so good!:tears:

Suzy disappoints with pansori movie

The Korean movie"The Sound of a Flower," starring idol singer Suzy from missA, has disappointed critics.

After its opening last Thursday, reviewers and bloggers fired volleys at the movie, criticizing its poor screenplay.

The reviews said the movie, whose production began nearly a year ago, looked as if the scenes were dully patched together.

The film also failed to maximize the dramatic impact expected from a romance between Jin Chae-sun (Suzy), Korea's first female pansori during the 19th century Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910), and her teacher Shin Jae-hyo (Ryu Seung-ryong), reviewers said.

Bloggers lampooned the movie as well, saying only Suzy's fans would want to watch.

Before the official opening, some reports described the film as "a movie made for and made by Suzy."

After the opening, viewers rated the movie a horrendous 1-2 out of 10.

"Continuing from his last movie ‘The Piper' (2015), Ryu has once again tasted a bitter ticket-sales bust with his recent movie, and Suzy, despite her fair acting in her recent movie, has realized how difficult it is to become a star with ticket-purchasing power," one reviewer said.

"Putting in an effort doesn't always mean a hit in Korea's movie business,"the reviewer said.

xaoshima11@ktimes.com,

Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2015/11/201_192069.html

More details about the plot in this review. 

Review: Suzy shows a new side in historical film

Nov 27,2015

27060011.jpg

Suzy, a member of the K-pop girl group Miss A, plays Jin Chae-seon, Korea’s first female pansori singer who lived during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), in Lee Jong-pil’s “The Sound of a Flower.” [CJ ENTERTAINMENT]

Local costume drama “The Sound of a Flower” or “Dorihwaga,” directed by Lee Jong-pil, contains more than enough cinematic elements to grab the attention of critics and film-lovers. 

Set in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) - a favorite setting of Korean films - the film is about the nation’s first-ever female pansori (traditional narrative singing) singer, Jin Chae-seon, and is solidly equipped with competent actors such as Ryoo Seung-ryong, Lee Dong-hui and Song Sae-byuk.

But by the time the ending credits roll, the biggest impression is left by the 109-minute film is K-pop singer Suzy, who plays the heroine. 

The above sentence can mean two things: Either Suzy played the protagonist Chae-seon flawlessly, or Suzy never really became Chae-seon. Oddly, Suzy, a member of the girl group Miss A, managed to do both. 

The film is set in the time of King Gojong (1852-1919), when authority was mostly held by his father, Heungseon Daewongun (Kim Nam-gil). 

Chae-seon, raised as an orphan by gisaeng (Korean geisha), liked to eavesdrop on pansori performances on the street and lessons conducted at the pansori school by master Shin Jae-hyo (Ryoo). 

When left alone, she likes to practice the traditional songs and understand the hidden story behind each verse. One day, Chae-seon appeals to Shin about her strong desire to do pansori, but immediately gets rejected just because she is a girl. 

However, after pleading a few more times, Chae-seon finally gets accepted as Shin’s disciple and begins to go through intense training to participate in the upcoming nationwide pansori contest. Despite initial doubts among observers, Suzy shows laudable development from her previous projects like 2012 movie “Architecture 101” and TV drama “Dream High,” in which she played a pretty-faced, oblivious girl.

In this film, she expresses the frustration of a spirited girl trying to break the glass ceiling and gain the voice of a pansori singer. 

Also, Suzy’s pansori singing - which requires a completely different set of skills from normal pop singing - is acceptable. The singer said she trained for about one year before going into shooting. 

But although the film succeeds in persuading the audience that Chae-seon possesses an unprecedented level of talent to have been an exceptional female singer at the time, the feeling of inspiration doesn’t linger afterward.

Most of all, there should be more dramatic moments to flesh out Chae-seon’s life, surviving in a male-driven society and later becoming a concubine of Heungseon Daewongun. But all of that remains vague, obscured by a secretive but also ambiguous love story between her and Shin. 

A scene or two shows Suzy suffering through hard training, screaming out in the rain and performing a surprise show at the royal court dressed as a gisaeng to save her imprisoned master, but it feels like the scenes are just meant to show Suzy wearing diverse costumes and expressing diverse emotions. One cannot deny that Suzy is one of the main draws for “The Sound of a Flower,” but somewhere along the way the film became an ode to Suzy, not Jin Chae-seon. 

Whether Suzy will be a blessing or a curse at the box office remains to be seen. The film opened nationwide on Wednesday.

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jin.eunsoo@joongang.co.kr]

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy’s “Dorihwaga” film comeback makes a slow start at the box office

Already criticised for her awkward acting, Suzy’s second film Dorihwaga failed to hit the box office records immediately after its release. 

OSEN highlighted this issue in a reported posted on November 30th. It revealed that Dorihwaga, a film that featured Suzy’s comeback following the success of Architecture 101, did not receive much attention as expected.

201511300755778491_565b83a676081_99_2015

Criticisms did not only focus on Suzy’s portrayal of a satori artist, along with previous reports of her not being prepared to promote the film, but also towards the possible reasons in the editing and production point of view. It was mentioned that the editing process of the film was not up to par with the flow of its narrative not smooth as it should be.

Furthermore, it was assumed that with November being an off-season for film releases, a box-office hit around this time is assessed with difficult.

At the time of its writing, the film managed to hit more than 220,000 audiences and is expected to hit their 400,000 mark possibly by the end of this week.

http://www.koreaboo.com/news/suzys-dorihwaga-film-comeback-makes-a-slow-start-at-the-box-office/

Guest adikkeluangman

Ryu Seung Ryong & Suzy's new movie, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' stagnating

Ryu Seung Ryong and Suzy's new movie, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER,' is stagnating.

According to data collected by Korea Film Council, movie 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' has accumulated 19,340 viewers on November 30th, and the cumulative number of viewers has surpassed 247,604. This number is very low compared to the number of presentations, and indicates stagnation of 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER.'

20151201145440_565d3620b93e8_2.jpg

'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is a movie about the first female folk song singer of Joseon, Jin Chae Sun (played by Suzy) and her mentor, Shin Jae Hyo (played by Ryu Seung Ryong). 

'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' is Suzy's comeback film since 'Architecture 101,' and many people showed huge anticipation for Ryu Seung Ryong's collaboration Suzy.

During last few years, Ryu Seung Ryong played in 'War of the Arrows,' 'Gwanghae,' and 'Roaring Currenty,' attracting 37,400,000 people in total.

Ryu Seung Ryong played in 'War of the Arrows' as a Qing military official named Jushinta, and mesmerized many movie fans with his phenomenal performance. He showed suspenseful battle scenes with Park Hae Il, and 'War of the Arrows' attracted 7,470,000 viewers in total.

In 'Gwanghae,' Ryu Seung Ryong played as Huh Gyun, and showed a fabulous teamwork with Lee Byung Heon, attracting 12,320,000 viewers in total.

In 'Roaring Currents,' Ryu Seung Ryong played as a Japanese warrior named Gurujima, who fights against admiral Lee Soon Shin of Joseon.

Many people envisaged that 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' would also become an immediate hit, but the envisage was proved to be wrong this time.

A great number of people had showed huge anticipation for Ryu Seung Ryong and Suzy's collaboration, and it seems that people's disappointment was even greater because of high anticipation.

In addition, 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' lacks attractiveness compared to other well-seasoned films like 'Inside Men' and 'The Priests.'

Many people had showed worries for actors' singing skills before the movie was released, but fortunately, their singing did not disrupt people's concentration. However, the main focus of the story started getting dispersed as the plots focused on Shin Jae Hyo and Jin Chae Sun's romance.

Even though supporting actors like Song Sae Byuk, Lee Dong Hwi, and Ahn Jae Hong made huge contribution in making the movie more entertaining, the focus on Shin Jae Hyo and Jin Chae Sun's romance ended up being a huge obstacle.

All of the actors and actresses presented fabulous performance in terms of interpreting their roles. However, the focus of the movie was divided up into two, resulting in significant drop in viewers' concentration and interest. 'THE SOUND OF A FLOWER' would not have gone through such stagnation if the movie focused solely on Jin Chae Sun's life story.

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=420863 

Archived