UDATED-Justin Timberlake: 'Michael Jackson wanted to duet on 'N Sync track'

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Justin Timberlake to feature on new Michael Jackson singleJustin Timberlake will feature on Michael Jackson's new single 'Love Never Felt So Good'.
The first cut to be lifted from forthcoming album Xscape will get its official premiere later today (May 1).
Timberlake confirmed the feature by posting an image of the single artwork on his official Instagram account.
Three different versions of 'Love Never Felt So Good' will reportedly feature on the deluxe version of Xscape, including the original demo and a solo version. 
Xscape is the second posthumous release from Jackson, following his tragic death back in June 2009.

Justin Timberlake performs on The 20 /20 Experience World Tour at The O2 Arena

Rodney Jerkins, Timbaland and Stargate are among the producers involved in the project, which will be released worldwide on May 13.
Further tracks include 'Slave To The Rhythm', 'Blue Gangsta' and 'Do You Know Where Your Children Are?'
Watch a trailer for Michael Jackson's Xscape below:

Source

Guest Char27

somehow i'm really NOT thrilled about this venture .. nothing let alone no one can compare to the late great MJ. Sorry JT ur music is ok but i wouldnt want to see/ hear a colabpration 

Justin Timberlake: 'Michael Jackson wanted to duet on 'N Sync track'
Justin Timberlake has revealed that he almost collaborated with Michael Jackson over a decade ago, after the King of Pop heard an 'N Sync song that was originally penned for him.
The 'SexyBack' singer currently features on 'Love Never Felt So Good', the first track taken from Jackson's posthumous album Xscape, which premiered last week.
*NSYNC
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey's OWN, Timberlake explained that he originally wrote the song 'Gone', which appears on 'N Sync's final album, for Jackson.
"We were having an A&R meeting for the third 'N Sync album at that time, and I said, 'Well, I have this other song, but I originally wrote it for Michael.' I originally wrote that song ['Gone'] for Michael Jackson," Timberlake explained.
Jackson turned down the song but called Timberlake after hearing it on its 'N Sync release, proposing a duet between the two singers.
Michael Jackson  Justin Timberlake accepts the award for favorite album - soul/R&B for 'The 20/20 Experience' at at the American Music Awards

Timberlake said: "He called me on the phone and said that he wanted to cut the record, but he wanted it to be a duet between himself and I.
"I'm on the phone, I'm literally punching myself in the face, because I said, 'I can't do that. Could we do an 'N Sync featuring Michael Jackson? Or Michael Jackson featuring 'N Sync?'
"And he was very absolute about the fact that he wanted it to be a duet between himself and I."
The singer went on to explain that the failed duet with Jackson inspired him to make his own music, saying: "I think it's the first idea I ever got about doing something on my own, because it was the first time I have ever really felt the confidence to do it."
Source

Archived