[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

zetutume said: Am I the only one hoping for MY to make the move?
I am really hoping she gets to know that LG loves her through her friend, Yong, Dr. Octopus, Halmoni, Sera or her ex-boss... any one..
and then she refuses to give up till LG gives in! 
or some sort of fated stuff like ... getting locked into a room together .. 
No Airport, No walking down the aisle.. so common! Unconventional ending would be nice..

@itzibitzispider, I agree with you that TW version the male leads were very different in their approach to the marriage.The approach of Anna and sera though was similar with the abortion (TW) and divorce (KR).  In both instances it was not that person's place to give the agreement.  In each instance the overall end game was to get rid of the wife and child.  Anna also said she would be willing to raise the child just as Sera said.
One difference I found refreshing is that MY never actively seeks out Daniel.  This was not the case in the TW version.  Also Dylan was around as much as Daniel, it was just shown off screen.  For example, Dylan went to see the exhibit with Xin Yi on her birthday, he was with her when she bought the pen for Cin Xi and they were together doing the painting of the doll houses at the orphanage almost daily.  Gun also does't force himself on MY.  He has kept his distance but Cun Xi eventually lets XY go and was trying to walk away before that hot hotel scene.  He instead decided just as Gun has to support her from afar.
I loved the TW version, but find this one so much more refreshing.  It's almost like watching an entirely different drama.

Happy 500 pages chingus!! <:-P <:-P

btw, I just listened to Jang Nara's song on youtube I Only Think of You. you know chingus..this song reminds me about our snail couple current situation lol maybe it's because I'm thinking too much about them :)). Since FTLY loves to give throwback to JH and JNR past projects, it would be nice if they will use this song to describe Gun and MY's longing feelings toward each other.  

lyrics

Even if I empty my heart and wipe my tears
And try to fall asleep
You come up to my mind again
I only think about you
I don’t miss you, I don’t think about you
I’m fine
But at the end, you’re the only one, I only think about you

*At the end, it’s you, again
Every day are the same, I only think about you
Whatever I do, whether I’m drunk
At the end, it’s you again, you again, you again
Every day are the same, I only think about you, only you

Even if I put on make up and do my hair and meet my friends
At the end, you’re the only one, I only think about you

*Repeat

We were in love, we were really in love
I can’t live without you, what do I do

Only you, only you, I only think about you, who isn’t here
Everything that surrounds me makes me think of you
Whatever I do, whether I’m drunk
At the end, it’s you again, you again, you again
Every day are the same, I only think about you, only you
6248014812090277895-5438746928958520250?

beamonkr said: @itzibitzispider, I agree with you that TW version the male leads were very different in their approach to the marriage.The approach of Anna and sera though was similar with the abortion (TW) and divorce (KR).  In both instances it was not that person's place to give the agreement.  In each instance the overall end game was to get rid of the wife and child.  Anna also said she would be willing to raise the child just as Sera said.
One difference I found refreshing is that MY never actively seeks out Daniel.  This was not the case in the TW version.  Also Dylan was around as much as Daniel, it was just shown off screen.  For example, Dylan went to see the exhibit with Xin Yi on her birthday, he was with her when she bought the pen for Cin Xi and they were together doing the painting of the doll houses at the orphanage almost daily.  Gun also does't force himself on MY.  He has kept his distance but Cun Xi eventually lets XY go and was trying to walk away before that hot hotel scene.  He instead decided just as Gun has to support her from afar.
I loved the TW version, but find this one so much more refreshing.  It's almost like watching an entirely different drama.

I haven't totally counted SR out, even though she and LG seem to be only friends.  I think she could still make a play for him and I see SR as a pursuer much more than MY.  I have never really liked the heroine to do the pursuing.  She should be the prize to be won, especially when she's been treated as a post-it note girl all of her life.  It takes the Prince to realize the "diamond among the rocks".  It takes the hero's love by word and deed to turn the post-it note girl to Super Bond girl.  So, I hope MY doesn't pursue, but will respond quickly when Gun, Lee Gun decides to go all out for her.  
@itzibitzispider: re:  TW/K versions.  The great thing about a remake is being able to watch them side by side and compare the similarities and differences.  Ep 15 in the TW version is where we are at in the K-version right now.  It's like 2 different dramas, yet the same.  Amazing that writers can do that!  I enjoy both, but K-FtLY has my heart.  I think both are brilliant.  The second half of the TW-version was so powerful because the lead male had been so cruel and wishy-washy to the female lead.  When he had his change of heart, we all rejoiced at his suffering.  In the K-FtLY, Gunnie-ssi was so smitten with MY, that all we feel for him is sorrow and pity.  We don't want him to suffer because his motive is love for MY.  
FtLY is drama heaven.  I'm enjoying it so much!  I'm glad I found Soompi to discuss it with because I don't have anyone to gush about these things with.  They  just don't get it.  But you guys do!  
  :x :x :x

Guest imaprodigy

zetutume said: Am I the only one hoping for MY to make the move?
I am really hoping she gets to know that LG loves her through her friend, Yong, Dr. Octopus, Halmoni, Sera or her ex-boss... any one..
and then she refuses to give up till LG gives in! 
or some sort of fated stuff like ... getting locked into a room together .. 
No Airport, No walking down the aisle.. so common! Unconventional ending would be nice..

Now the question who's gonna spill it all to MY.  I don't think Gun would be the one telling her all of his secrets.  The possible candidates are: MY's mom, Dr. Octupus, Manager Tek,,Yong, MY's friend, the lawyer, and Grandma Wang.  I'm voting for Manager Tek because he adores MY and still considers her as "Madame".

Guest Kdrama-lover

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE ! =D> =D> =D>  HAPPY 500 PAGES, CHINGU-DUL !!! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P

Thanks @Cara for sharing that awesome mv of JNR, it is so appropriate for the current emotions of 'uri MY-ssi". I really, really wish they would also incorporate this song since, they have already done so on the part of JH (TJ Project mv background).. Writer-nim, PD-nim, please grant this small wish.. [-O< [-O< [-O<
  @itzibitzispider, only1khj, and beamonkr thanks a lot for your insights on T versus K version.. with your insights I get less anxious of what's to come on the succeeding episodes.. Can tomorrow be a Wednesday already? 8-> :> :-w ;)

honeywell said: Now the question who's gonna spill it all to MY.  I don't think Gun would be the one telling her all of his secrets.  The possible candidates are: MY's mom, Dr. Octupus, Manager Tek,,Yong, MY's friend, the lawyer, and Grandma Wang.  I'm voting for Manager Tek because he adores MY and still considers her as "Madame".

@honeywell: My vote is for the LAWYER, since he has the documents.  Maybe LG will be hospitalized again and MY will find out through the lawyer because she will have to sign some kind of documents for LG's care.  She would then find out LG never filed the divorce papers and that LG made her and GD 50/50 heirs in the event of his death from HD.

only1khj said: Huntington's Disease is the one plot device I wish the writers wouldn't have introduced into the story.  I guess since they decided to do away with the mob/organized crime plot of the original, they substituted the disease trope. 

@beamonkr‌ @only1khj‌

Thanx for correcting if I got something wrong ... I skip thru the original every now and then, thought since I discovered it years ago I watched it twice complete, but being wrong evrry now and then is human ;)

@Kdrama-lover‌

Both version are lovely in their own way and worth watching. One will prefer the TW one the K, but both are enjoyable.

Me prefers now K, but I will not let go of the TW in my heart ;)

@honeywell: Another scenario: maybe everyone will get together and pull a Boys Over Flowers trick on MY.  F4 pretended GJP was dead and when Jandi got to the hospital she made a big confession.  Then GJP woke up and they all started laughing, except Jandi of course.  That girl never smiled.  These writers could make a great scene like that even better.  

I am all for Secretary Tak to spill the beansHe has yet to meet MY again, he honestly likes her (seeing his reaction, as Gun was not honest about the business-trip and Tak almost called her madam instead of her new or real name)The will be beside himself if he sees MY and will blabber like a teenager seeing his crush, expecting that Gun told her everything and happy to have someone to connfy in as he is not aloud to talk with granny ;)

yoeda said: Article or essay(?) about Geon noble idiocy. it quite long but have a good insight class="entry-title" style="font-size: 21px; font-family: 'Goudy Old Style', Georgia, serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.3em;"Pragmatic Altruism vs. Noble Idiocy in 운명처럼 널 사랑해Posted on August 11, 2014 by Curio Serand

I have long wanted to examine pragmatic altruism in KDrama narratives, a trope which exemplifies certain Confucian ethical tenets, yet is repeatedly deprecated as “noble idiocy” at interweb oases where KDrama aficionados gather, including DramaBeans, the go-to resource for KDrama news, recaps, and commentary. Finally compelled by this summer’s revelatory 운명처럼 널 사랑해 (Fated to Love You), a romantic comedy at once loud and subtle, playful, sly, culturally erudite and deeply moving –whether in mirth or in woe– (and a gem to which I intend to dedicate its own post proper), I would like to especially consider Lee Geon’s case of pragmatic altruism which many at DramaBeans are decrying as “noble idiocy” at its worst.

FTLY_JH_02

장혁 (Jang Hyeok) as 이건 (Lee Geon) in 운명처럼 널 사랑해 (Fated to Love You)

I don’t know how, when, or why the term “noble idiocy” gained purchase, but after encountering it repeatedly in discussions about a character’s decision to forego some pleasure or benefit for what they believe to be the greater good, I began to wonder whether it was possible to develop a reasonable ethical understanding of such behavior, and whether its significance was culture specific or whether it could be effectively translated from Eastern narrative fictions in a way that was meaningful to Western sensibilities.

cr and more: http://spqetr.net/archives/1997

beamonkr said: @itzibitzispider, I agree with you that TW version the male leads were very different in their approach to the marriage.The approach of Anna and sera though was similar with the abortion (TW) and divorce (KR).  In both instances it was not that person's place to give the agreement.  In each instance the overall end game was to get rid of the wife and child.  Anna also said she would be willing to raise the child just as Sera said.