Nell (넬)

Guest biteme_lestat

Guest hb_jackpot

Yea Wanja is tiny... I'm guessing he's about 5'6"-5'7"

I'm really digging Blue right now, I think it's my fav on the album.

Eng Tran

Credit: musictology@wordpress

04_Blue

>by t3note

Sound of rain hitting river

It echoes through packed road

Moonlight covered by clouds

It was just like pure heart

Tangled up in blue.

Seoul night covered in rain

Countless lights spreading

How beautiful they were

I blame it all the more, without reason

Tangled up in blue.

Particular moment that popped in my head

For a time it was everything to me

All that gets forgotten

I get nostalgic, lately

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aguitarthief

For me, someone who doesn't get to see rain often, 'Blue' is love <3

I keep wondering whether they can actually pull off this Trilogy they're planning. Aren't they kind of used to working on their albums a year long?
And honestly, if I get to hear new Nell albums every 6 months, I might die of overexposure to awesome. -_-

Guest aguitarthief

I don't know why it's not here yet.. but Nell won the award for 2012 Music Style Award – Best Rock at Melon Music Awards tonight.
Most legit award right there.

Their performance

Guest hb_jackpot

Always nice to see Nell perform on these type awards shows. I still go back and watch their performance from golden disk 08 it was so amazing. Love that they transitioned into Cliff Parade' date=' love that song :x[/quote']

Me too! That rearrangement/piano version of 기억을 걷는 시간 was really neat, I want more. And adding Cliff Parade was awesome, I'm still waiting/searching for a good fancam or performance vid of their song AS, I really enjoy their "upbeat" songs when it comes to live performance, the boys get really into, it's nice :]

@aguitarthief I bet they have a lot of songs "sort-of-planned out" during their 4 year hiatus, idk it seems they are some-what very inspired this year, which is more awesome for us. The trilogy is really exciting, I'm always excited to add more stuff to my collection and Nell never disappoints.... Already not to me... I blame Wanja's voice.

Credit: xkakak13@youtube

Guest aguitarthief

You mentioned that and I had to go watch the performance again. That Golden Disk '08 performance is something I want on my desktop at all times. =P~

@hb_jackpot It's good they're are inspired. Moar songs for me to listen to.
We all blame Wanja's voice. It's okay lol :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aguitarthief

I have willustaywithme@tistory bookmarked, because honestly the pictures are so beautiful.
This doesn't sound live, doesn't it? xD The power of Nell.

• 2 months later...
Guest aguitarthief

This place is practically dead. Let's update it, guys.

Found this on @ SO_BIGBOYS's twitter.. I think this was after/before the live concert.
25df57a48e2811e28d1322000a1fb079_7.jpg

....and this was last night at Yoyogi Village, they sure partied it up (it was also found on @ SO_BIGBOYS twitter.
344dacd6904a11e2bba622000a1fbc9c_7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Allkpop said:

nell.jpg

It appears that Nell will also join the May comeback rush!

Their agency Woollim Entertainment revealed, “Nell’s upcoming songs are filled with the members’ efforts to get closer with the public. You will be able to come across different songs from the ones you’re used to from the old Nell.”

Nell is gearing up for a return with part 2 album of their three-part album series entitled, ‘Gravity‘. The group will also perform at the upcoming Rainbow Festival and Ansan Valley Rock Festival this summer.

With more quality music heading our way from the likes of Nell, May just seems to be getting better with each day!

Allkpop said:

20130510_nell_rockfestival.jpg

With the summer season approaching, Nell is receiving a flood of love calls from domestic rock festivals, becoming the #1 most requested band!

In response to this, Woollim Entertainment said, “Every rock festival in Korea requested their appearance. They’re trying to attend as many rock festivals as possible to meet with their fans. But realistically, it’s not possible to attend everything, so they feel disappointed about it.

So far, Nell has confirmed their attendance for the Rainbow Festival and the Insan Valley Rock Festival in June and July, and they’ll be performing their hits like “Time to Walk Memories” and “White Night“.

In addition to practicing for the upcoming events, they’re also busy with preparing for their comeback this month with the second part of their 3 part ‘Gravity’ album series.

• 2 weeks later...

NELL released a trailer for their new single "Ocean of Light":

Allkpop said:

20130510_nell_rockfestival.jpg

Although Nell was previously scheduled to join the May comeback rush, it seems fans will have to wait until this June!

To thank fans for the wait, the band gave them a sneak peek at what's to come with their trailer for their new title track "Ocean of Light". The band interprets the title of the upcoming single literally by playing in an 'ocean of light'.

Woollim Entertainment stated, "In the released video trailer, Nell passionately play their instruments inside the ocean. Although it's a short trailer, the cinematography fits with the dreamy vibe of the music, further drawing interest in their comeback."

Nell is gearing up for a return with part 2 of their three-part album series titled 'Gravity'. The group will also perform at the upcoming 'Rainbow Festival' and 'Ansan Valley Rock Festival' this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Nell shares album track list for 'Escaping Gravity' with fans
Nell_1370392905_af_org.jpg

Nell's Kim Jong Wan went all out for his fans by unveiling the track list for his group's new album before his agency even got to it! Kim Jong Wan tweeted the track list for their new album titled, 'Escaping Gravity', revealing that there will be a total of six songs included in the upcoming release! Since the track list was originally supposed to be revealed a bit later on, Woollim Entertainment explained, "The Nell members wanted to share the new album track list to fans sooner." Nell will cool you off this summer with 'Escaping Gravity' to be released on the 10th!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/06/nell-shares-album-track-list-for-escaping-gravity-with-fans

Guest adikkeluangman

I just watch the teaser and it looks awesome. I will not listened to other songs until my CD arrived on my hands. Still remember how I literally shaking and crying when I got their last album.
-----Nell Leaps to Top with “Ocean of Light”
Rock band Nell has proved the power of their seasoned music by topping Korea’s biggest online music chart with their new release.
“Ocean of Light,” Nell’s title tune to their new six-track record “Escaping Gravity” released yesterday, grabbed first place on MelOn’s singles chart Tuesday as of 10 a.m. KST.
After last night’s many turnovers, including last week’s top-played love song “Short Hair” by Huh Gak and Jung Eunji of A PINK, the new and beautiful sound of the skilled four musicians sat atop Korea’s biggest online streaming service.
“Ocean of Light” was released as the second part of the ‘gravity trilogy,’ starting with their hit December release “Holding onto Gravity” which produced chart-topping tune “White Night.”
Formed of lead vocalist Kim Jong-wan, guitarist Lee Jae-kyong, bassist Lee Jung-hoon and drummer Jung Jae-won, Nell has had a huge following since their debut in 1999 with their rich and sentimental sounds and emotional lyrics.
The modern rock band kicked off their activities in Japan by releasing their fifth studio album “Slip Away” in January, holding a showcase in Harajuku of Tokyo two months later.
http://www.tenasia.com/archives/59329

Guest adikkeluangman

Just watched the MV and it is so beautiful and it hurt so much that the boys in happy mode. LOL. #pushplaybutton again and again.

• 1 month later...

kvsXuupFGCA.jpg

Electronic rock band Nell released the teaser for their latest single from the drama “Two Weeks” OST through the official Sony Music Korea YouTube channel.

The teaser is for the song “Run” which will be Lee Joon Ki‘s character’s theme song. The teaser previews a combination of Nell’s upbeat rock style with Lee Joon Ki’s exciting action scenes. 

“Two Weeks” is a mini series drama on MBC that aired its first episode on August 7. Kim So Yeon, Ryu Soo Young and Park Ha Sun join Lee Joon Ki in the drama about a man who thinks he has a meaningless life until he gets framed for murder and discovers he has a young daughter with leukemia.

Nell most recently promoted their catchy track “Ocean of Light.”

Credits: Soompi News

Full Audio:

Romanized Lyrics:

onje buteo, eodiseo buteo, jalmotdoen
geonji al suga eobseo geujeo
modeunge da heuteo jineun angae
cheoreom huimi hage neukkyeojyeo

neomu oerobdan geureon mal jocha
deureojul saram chaja bol su eobtgo
beotyeo naeya hal geu iyu jocha
meoreojyeo man ga