[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love JW's ending line -- "to love our beloved with the thrill and excitement like when we first met."

G/pa's message at JW's wedding is also repeated at the end -- to find happiness and meaning in the mundane things that we do. 

What important lessons for every couple! Everyday is a glorious when we see the meaning and happiness in it. 

Wishing everybody a Glorious day everyday !!!     

These last two episodes were so well done, I am shocked that ratings went down again.

I was tearing so much in the last two episodes. Not because of sadness but because I was so touched.

1.  When Eun-Chan called Da-Ae "mother" and proceeded to tell her he wants a sibling.
2.  When the whole family accepted Hee-Joo into the family
3.  In the way Grandpa esp., but the whole family treats Grandma, to a point she feels confy with them, although she does not remember them.
4.The transformation of Shin-Ae who finally grew up, and takes responsibility in the family and starts treating people right.
5. Lessons in love and care we leaned from Song-Jung and Goong-Young. I was so happy that they finally found the way to each other, and was so touched by their love

I can go on and on.

This is by far the Best Family Drama I have ever seen.

Please, lets all thank Korean Drama On Air for taking on this project and subbing it so fast for us each weekend.

Lets also let SBS know how much we loved this drama regardless of low ratings.

I plan to do both on their respective FB pages.

Many thanks to all of you who have kept this thread alive.

Guest lienkms

I feeling very happy but also so sad. I do not want it to end so quickly like that.I do not know what I'll see when it ends. I want to see GL's family forever. A great movie too. I wish the film would not be cut. will also greatly romance, humor, meaning that we can see.NGY told  with HSJ: "should we have one, too?" HSJ has to answer "only one, should we have two" funny and interesting. I feel so happy. If the film is not cut. The story would be a lot better.hahaha

Glorious Day is one of the best dramas I've ever watched. The story line is glorious; emphasizing on family love, respect of the elders, ups and downs of life. The actors and actresses are all superb. This drama should have gotten the highest rating of all the dramas. It's just sad that most don't appreciate what is really good or don't see what a high quality drama is. Thank you to the production staff, the writer ( hats off to you), and to the awesome stars of Glorious Day. I am happy to have watched this 'glorious' show/drama and at the same time I feel sad that it was cut short. You have shown and affirmed that family is important. Though material things may be lacking but if love abounds in your family you are happy and feel rich.

Guest freeyourmind

this feel good glorious day drama has ended..oo.how much will i miss the family protrayed in it. I will for sure "visit" them & re-watch each episode again. Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed so much to this thread.

@ irilight; agree with you.   GD cast and crew have gone all out in the final 2 episodes. They continue to display the impressive standard achieved so far. The closure of the show is reasonable and complete. (Agree: we should have fuller wedding scenes of our 2 lovely couples  :((  we - have - been robbed; may SBS be forgiven!!!)  Many hilarious moments (some of you mentioned), I like them all.  Was so tickled by the part when grandpa "overthrew" the "go stop" cards & money citing it's bad for the foetus just b'cos grandma is losing out. GD is such a delightful and meaningful and enjoyable show, am going to cherish it for a long long time.

skyzora said:

Glad that there is a happy ending for all, even though there may be some regrets --- Halmoni's condition has worsened and she can no longer recognize Halaboji  even JW.

DA-- glad that EC has accepted her as Mom and even told her that he wants a younger sister like her... But seems that DA has not changed her decision about not having a biological child. 

But I guess, the regrets and tinge of bitter sweet feeling is what makes the drama realistic......  

Amazing  final episode.  Very touched by conversation between Da In and Hee Joo.    It was tears of happiness watching them reconcile and settle what has been a burden in their hearts.    Beautiful finishing touch for DA and HJ; I feel.  You can feel the “lightness” in Hee Joo. 

The best part was transformation and relieve in HSJ’s heart.  I felt that she has set herself free from burdens and worries from the past.  Like what she told her children -Let go for your own sake.  Let the past be the past.. it has its own meaning.  How true!  Difficult to let go.  But if you do, it transforms your life.

This is how new love could heal your heart and soul?  Hahahaha. Well done, NGY!!

I hope this gives encouragement to single mothers/ fathers out there to find love to make your heart flutter again.  It is medicine for your soul.  It is happiness that you deserve.   I said, fathers coz.. I must not forget Dr Kang.   Often man gets the bad name.  These days... women are equally capable of abandoning their family too.

Fate brings people together.  It is a miracle when you like someone and the other person like you back; as JW said.  But, it takes more than miracle to make a marriage work.  Hope everyone can come as close as possible with a relationship like Halmoni and Halaboji.  Really growing old together ... loving each other for a long long time ... making a conscious choice to work together through bad times and good times .. to build a warm and strong foundation for the next generations.  The richness in their life is not something money could buy. 

It was interesting that NGY said he wants to live his life following HSJ.  Rather than walking “together”.  Oh no, HSJ has another boy to take care off now... just joking!   He admires her.  That is sweet.

HSJ went through a lot as a single parent.  Now she can finally be liberated and enjoy life.  To me this is a very sweet ending for HSJ.  

This drama has very simple storyline but has a lot of depth in its meaning.  It is not the typical drama that you get and it may seem boring to some.  Simply because we often expect complexities like murders, fake mums, secret birth, vengence and women pulling hairs and screaming mother in laws.  Therefore if your are seeking for the typicals and complexity in storylines, you might miss the depth of it’s meaning.  Something for you to sit back to enjoy.  Don't rush it.

Personally, this drama has helped me to destress and distract me from my real life “dramas” or stressful world.  It reminds me of simplicity of life that brings happiness and don’t need to search high and low, long and far for the answer.  The treasure is just in your backyard.  Appreciate and don’t sweat over small stuff that creates stress; for yourself and people around you.

Recognise our blessings.  We are the author of our life.  So, "write" it well.  GD has reminded me of these important messages.

Therefore, to end this .. would like to wish you a glorious life and dare to dream a dream ....write your life story well :x 

I could not find JW's version of the song.  But, here is a version that is very energising and motivating.

You need to sign in to your google account to view. 

credit kbs world

If you do not have a google account, here is the music and lyrics.

credit yuyubuttcake

My dear, don't worry about a thing

Let's just sing together

My dear, all of your painful memories, Just bury them deep in your heart

Just let the past be the past, It's meaningful in that way

Just sing to the one who left you, Say you loved them with no regrets

You suffered so many hardships, You lost what it meant to be new

Let out all the hardships you went through, Let yourself go from the blame

Just let the past be the past, It's meaningful in that way, Let's all sing together

Say you dreamed with no regrets

My dear, don't you worry

Just dream a new future

Let yourself go from the blame

Have no regrets, my dear

Repeat 2x

(Just let the past be the past, It's meaningful that way, Let's all sing together

Say you dreamed with no regrets)

Just let the past be the past, Let's all sing together

Say you dreamed with no regrets

Say you'll dream new dreams

Wish you all the best and great meeting all of you here.  I am very grateful to GD team for giving me a very calming effect in my life in the past 5-6 months!

Sorry for the long note.

Guest bladerunner

Is there any news/interview/videos of the after party?I really love the cast.I hope I can see a bit more behind the scene footage.

Guest Bijan630

Glorious Day was wrapped up as a beautiful package and given as a gift to it's viewers.  I enjoyed this last episode and if we all follow grandfather's famous words, everyone will find someone to, "slip into". 

Guest ravendark

I just finished the last episode yesterday and Ihave to say this will be one of my favorite dramas of all times. I ll miss it verymuch:) Touches heart and soul:) Well done to all who work on this project and keep it brilliant to the end. Was an awsome ride.)

Guest AmalA1430294167

just finish the final eps.... whoa such a great ending ....

so touched with the whole ending.

haraboji-halmoni ... getting older together and caring each other. even granma forget him, she fell in love again with granpa. Granpa JJANG!

so sad it has to ended soon. but I love this drama the most.

good drama with the glorious ending.

Archived