{yg} Big Bang (빅뱅) Official Thread (THIS THREAD IS CLOSED - see post for current thread #3!)

Guest jess1tym4life

Guest Jasmine<3

hehe im addicted to the songs! =) i loved the video, as i've said before.

and congrats to bigbang for recieving well deserved praise on their live singing and dancing and from that baekjisomething person! =) that's mad good =) finally, the world is about to see waht bigbang is all about.!

we knew along, right? ivips?! =)

DATS RIGHT DATS RIGHT.

thanks for the gifs and everything! hahaha seungris mushroom cut is looking better and beter.. hahaha weird -_- the first time i saw it was .. DEE SAS TER. haha but it's cute =) very maknaeish.

GD sure composed/wrote a lot.. my god. he's so talented, and it's not all showing through.

best of luck to big bang! =)

• Replies 40k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: barefootboulevard

I also shared the same thoughts as you but thinking it over... The majority of bands or groups are like that (one or two people in the group will get more attention). Being compared to one another is really the negative side of being in a group. But with Big Bang, I think it alters in time. At first it was TOP, being the first TV appearance, drama/CFs and etc. Then with Taeyang and his upcoming solo single/album. GD is now with his composing being more recognized. Seungri and Daesung is almost getting there, hence Seungri's TV appearance in Manwon Happiness. I just can't wait for Daesung, hopefully he'll get his moment (I was very happy when he collaborated with Nemo). So I think, as time goes by...all the members will be recognized one way or another...and hopefully, evenly. =)

The "Last Farewell" MV was so fast. It went by like a blink...:lol: Like many others, I also played the "Where's BB?" game. xD I had to re-watched it to spot them but I do like the unique concept of it esp. TOP's classic scene where he miraculously showed up in the car out of nowhere (also in the "cart" in Lies)...what's next??? :lol:

-ida

Guest sookyung

Baek Jiyoung "I like idol singers if they are like Big Bang"

Translated by melodygreenleaf. Credit if taking!

-

Dancing Big Bang, even their live is at the "highest level"

Translated by melodygreenleaf. Credits if taking!

thankies melody, i'm always looking forward to ur updates on them!

Yeah, Lee Dong Gun (the nerdy guy in the beginning) is the same cool guy she was with at the Club. That's why in the end, the nerdy Donggun puts his finger up and it flashes back to the cool Donggun putting his finger up at the club the same way, to show it was the same person :) lol did that clear it up a little?

Basically, I guess Donggun likes her, and like as you can see, Big Bang is around the club checking Donggun and the girl and and making these "SCORE!" faces rofl (i just realized that when I re-watched it because everything went by so fast @_@ and it was all dark too rofl). but yeah, and then it shows the part where Big Bang dresses up the nerdy guy to make him look cool. Also that's why it showed the one part in the mv where nerdy Donggun took off his school glasses and then put on the cool shades.. haha, does it clear it up for you better now? lol ^_^

Thanks so much for helping me. I finally understand now. I think my assumption was correct. Becuase I thought they were two different people or something and like he wanted to ask her but never payed attention to him. So is that why he was looking so wierd when he saw that pic of them two in her diary or something? Why wont he just go forth. I want to see episode 2 of the BigBang series, I hope thier is a second Music Video.

Guest the7REAL.

it was interesting to see Circle though.. [the club that my sister went like EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY]

in her words..TELEVISION MAKES THINGS LOOK A LOT NICER THAN THEY ACTUALLY ARE IN REAL LIFE.

^Really? That's cool that your sister went to that club before, I guess it loses it's 'sparkle' if she did go every single day..XD I still wouldn't mind going there..looks really nice...yes..on 'tv'..xD or my computer screen in this case..haha.

ahh the mv goes so fast!<3

AHAH gd seungri daedae!

^Haha yay you noticed that part too! I thought it was so funny when I watched it...and that is why it's my new avvy..xP

Thanks Melody for the article translations. It really is great to see the praise they get from other amazing artists! I love how they are getting a lot of recognition these days, because they do truly deserved to be recognized for their talents. I really want people to definitely know who BIGBANG is from now until..forever. Individually and together. xP (And....I did not mean for that to rhyme..haha)

barefootboulevard--- i share some of your sentiments but i truly feel that taeyang, daesung, seungri n TOP will be given ample opportunities to hone their song writing skills as well as singing on their songs...at the rate they're going, it might be sooner rather than later :)

^I agree. I also understand your thoughts barefootboulevard, but I do agree with how some others have already said here how GD right now is the one who is the most musically inclined in the group and probably the others are still learning and honing their skills in writing, composing, etc. And I'm speaking as a ....YB 'enthusiast' (haha I like saying this more than..YB lover..lol)...but even though it seems right now for this mini-album that there is a lot of GD..I don't really feel so..besides the Intro and his own solo (the composing and everything is a whole diff aspect since the others are still fairly new to that part of 'making music). I think right now of GD as like...a musical monster...lol...if he doesn't get all his ideas out of his system he just might EXPLODE. D: So that's why I like how they use the mini-albums of songs they already have to put out for us to listen to..instead of waiting forever for something else..(like I'm glad GD chooses to put his solo in this mini-album, and uses his abilities to compose songs for BIGBANG..instead of..leaving us and doing his own thing ;_; which he had the opportunity to do (debut solo) but turned it down..). I dunno, for me everything still feels balanced...because everyone in Big Bang are very talented and are recognized as so, no matter who gets more attention 'today'. Because like Ida says below, it'll alter with time.^^ I'm sure they'll all get their turns in stuff, I can already see hints of it all the time. As for all of GD's "yo yo, this is bigbang, waddup yeah cheaah"..uhh I don't care for much for it anyways..he can have those parts for all I care..lol...O_o..it's all just fillers and GD's voice fits with it anyways..plus I can make fun of him later for it. :ph34r:

To: barefootboulevard

I also shared the same thoughts as you but thinking it over... The majority of bands or groups are like that (one or two people in the group will get more attention). Being compared to one another is really the negative side of being in a group. But with Big Bang, I think it alters in time. At first it was TOP, being the first TV appearance, drama/CFs and etc. Then with Taeyang and his upcoming solo single/album. GD is now with his composing being more recognized. Seungri and Daesung is almost getting there, hence Seungri's TV appearance in Manwon Happiness. I just can't wait for Daesung, hopefully he'll get his moment (I was very happy when he collaborated with Nemo). So I think, as time goes by...all the members will be recognized one way or another...and hopefully, evenly. =)

^Nicely said. I rant on too much..haha.

As for those who thanked me for the 'speedy-ness' I guess..haha..your welcome! XD The secret is being...overly spazzy and a handy dl accelerator..lol..when the mv came out I immediately linked everyone on my MSN contacts with it so they can go crazy too..haha. XD I get too excited. -.-^

71d5wfo.jpg

credit;ygbigbang

-edit- speaking of kwon leadah..he sooo looks like he's holding back from just crying here..;_;<3

ec8b9cec8381ec8b9dzh7.th.jpg

credit;ygbigbang, please do not hotlink

Guest barefootboulevard

wow...

thanks everyone for that thorough reply on my vent-age and rant-age...

haha...

when i downloaded the album it didnt say it was a GD solo so I assumed it was a group song and therefore searched for voices other than GD in the track... but i guess that song was a solo... hehe, thanks for that info...

im very happy that Taeyang gets the speak a lot on TV and TOP gets to act in dramas, and Suengri in ManWon Happiness.. but im speaking music-wise.. When it comes to bands, I'm happy about their 활동들 (activities other than music) but what really counts for me is what they do musically.. i guess im just more interested in their musical talent... than their MCing skills or acting skills or comic personality... haha

WHEW! honestly i was kinda worried that people would bite my butt for saying stuff about GD in a non-positive context because he IS the leader and the one with the most fans in Korea...

i've complained in the past about stuff like some other idol bands and ..haha.. that DID NOT go so well... i got kicked in the ___ pretty hard.... ^^ SO THANKS FOR BEING UNDERSTANDING

thanks!

Guest kewlnbubbly

jerilyn you're right about GD's songwriting skills---musical monster :) he should really take advantage of it while it's coming out of his system naturally.....i can't wait for the rest of the guys of Big Bang to write their own songs....

Guest hear me roaar

it took me awhile to understand what was going on in the MV. soo cute especially the ending when Seungri sniffed the drink. his facial expression was soo cute!!

I love the last farewell MV! LOL i laughed when i saw Lee Dong Gun!! HAHA wow never thought he would be in a Big Bang MV xD haha so funny, i thought it was all a dream though hehe. i love the ending, so cute haha kinda remind me a bit of Lie MV hehe.

THE NEW MV IS PURE HOTNESS! i loved the way that GD appeared @ the beginning w/ TY--they were both OH SO FLYYY ;D ;D the storyline is cute! the nerd disguise into a total PIMP XD the boys looked amazing and i love how they were following him around and helping him get all ready for his appearance @ the club~ the outtakes were so CUTE! i loved it when SR sniffed the drink and was like "UGGGH TAKE IT AWAY" expression :P TOP's hair is growing back now! SMEXYNESS TO THE MAX, YEAH?! <333

I have to admit that when i saw SR's hair i went like o___________O! but now, it's getting to me! just like GD's old bun, i'm starting to think is quite CUTE :rolleyes: i was watching their performance and my mom saw his hair..she was like "uhh i don't like it" AHAHA~

thanks to the I-VIPS who shared all BB GOODIES :lol: :lol:

wow getting praised by Baek Ji Young?! THAT'S A BIGGIE! it makes me feel so good and PROUD of them! it's always nice to hear compliments from well recognized artists such as her--very big honor indeed! and YESS BIG BANG is one of the REAL groups out there that can DANCE LIKE MANIACS and still sound PERFECT i've never seen a lypsync performance of them since their debut and i believe that is what a TRUE artist should be like..always giving it their ALL B) thanks for the translations Melody

Guest akfgtenshi

i'm starting to think that...

even though SR's hair was indeed a shock when i first saw it,

now i'm starting to think it is pretty cute too! o.o"

not his best look...

but it's still cute. XD"

Hmm, there was an error when I posted. Hope it doesn't double post.

WHEW! honestly i was kinda worried that people would bite my butt for saying stuff about GD in a non-positive context because he IS the leader and the one with the most fans in Korea...

i've complained in the past about stuff like some other idol bands and ..haha.. that DID NOT go so well... i got kicked in the ___ pretty hard.... ^^ SO THANKS FOR BEING UNDERSTANDING

thanks!

Well, I think that Big Bang has one of the better fan bases than other idol groups. Definitely more range and variety of people. And I know Big Bang has mentioned this as well, but their fans also provide constructive criticism and things that they could improve on, whereas other groups' fans bash everyone else who says anything SLIGHTLY negative. Like no one is perfect, so what makes them think that their fav stars are perfect?!

Anyways, I'm glad that they're getting more recognition from fellow singers/sunbaes(senior singers). I remember that in one of the Q&A's, they mentioned that Sung Shi Kyung was seeking out Taeyang to compliment his singing skills when he featured in Kim Jo Han's album. I was happy to hear that since SSK's such a good singer, so to get a compliment from him shows something about YB's awesome voice. Seriously, I have high hopes for YB, cuz his voice is unique. Like when you hear it, you can tell that it's him.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/vaav...6083180_MBC.jpg

top in nothing is impossible variety show .. so brave huh ? hehehe

DO NOT HOTLINK !

credits to on pic + orange@popcornfor2 + S + je-bi.lil.to

thanks melody for the translation .. ^^

im so proud of the boys .. gettin more and more recognition from singers like baekjiyoung ( she's really a gd singer )

thanks everyone for the pictures even though it's old ones ... cos it bring back memories ^^

*edited*

and i see alot of users roaming bb thread ..

54 users .. woahhhh ^^ COME AND POST !!

I guess the episodes with TOP will be airing soon? He wasn't in yesterday's episode (I accidentally downloaded that one instead of Happy Sunday) But I'll start downloading on purpose when TOP starts appearing on it.

Yeah, Lee Dong Gun (the nerdy guy in the beginning) is the same cool guy she was with at the Club. That's why in the end, the nerdy Donggun puts his finger up and it flashes back to the cool Donggun putting his finger up at the club the same way, to show it was the same person :) lol did that clear it up a little?

Basically, I guess Donggun likes her, and like as you can see, Big Bang is around the club checking Donggun and the girl and and making these "SCORE!" faces rofl (i just realized that when I re-watched it because everything went by so fast @_@ and it was all dark too rofl). but yeah, and then it shows the part where Big Bang dresses up the nerdy guy to make him look cool. Also that's why it showed the one part in the mv where nerdy Donggun took off his school glasses and then put on the cool shades.. haha, does it clear it up for you better now? lol ^_^

Thx for explaining the MV more. I only saw it once, but it was so fast, and low quality, so it was hard to see much. I'm downloading the MQ one, so hopefully that'll be much clearer... NVM, it just finished. Off to be mesmerized by the hotness of Big Bang and LDG~

Baek Jiyoung "I like idol singers if they are like Big Bang"

Translated by melodygreenleaf. Credit if taking!

Singer Baek Jiyoung said, "If they have the talent, I really like even idol singers." Groups that have interested her are Big Bang and DBSK.

When asked how she feels about idol singers, Baek Jiyoung responded, "I like talented idol singers. On the other hand, I don't like singers that have been made into products or singers that can't sing any other song except their own."

"Nowadays, I really like Big Bang. G-Dragon composes so well, and the other rappers and singers of the team are so so talented. I can be a fan of an idol group if the members have the same amount of talent as Big Bang."

article

-

Dancing Big Bang, even their live is at the "highest level"

Translated by melodygreenleaf. Credits if taking!

Popular group Big Bang is being praised by fans for their amazing live ability. Bang Bang is gathering interest because of their steady live performances despite their strenuous dance on music shows

On the message board for SBS Inkigayo, messages such as "Even while dancing a difficult dance, their singing wasn't affected. I want to praise Big Bang for their singing" and "I confirmed once again that Big Bang is a really talented group after watching today's stage" were left.

article

I'm glad Big Bang are getting acknowledged for their awesome talent from fellow entertainers as well as (and of course) their fans!!! They really deserve all the recognition because they work so hard to accomplish what they want to achieve. Thanks for the articles!!

I was never a huge kpop fan before and I haven't fan-girled for ages (since I was ten :sweatingbullets: ). But I'm an avid BB fan now, and it was all down to their talent and good music. Sometimes, I feel quite fortunate/relieved to have found Big Bang lol, it sounds quite OTT, but they bring this extra "spring" into my world...!haha...

and I have great music to listen to when I'm travelling in the mornings...! ^_^

Thanks for all the info and pix everyone! Awesome ppl in this thread!!!

Guest heartsongs

OMG I didn't visit this place for the last 2 days and see, how hard it is for me for keep up with the news. Today is really a great day for me. First, finish all my excercises and now Last Farewell MV :rolleyes: . Thank you all for the links, pics, gifs ... You are amazing :)

About the MV, at the beginning I was like huh :unsure: ha ha. I like the story of this clip. kinda suprising. But like you all said, it's too fast :wacko:

barefootboulevard - i understand where you are coming from. I felt like that at times ... like the other members did not get enough of the limelight. and those that know me know that I'm a avid GD lover. <333 but then at the same time ... it does seem like he gets a lot of the spot light time. maybe its partly because he is the leader and the composer for many of their songs lately. But as Jerilyn put it, it balances out when you really take everything into perspective. He is composing and responsible for the group. Lie was his production and look how big of a hit it was, and where it has gotten big bang. (I've never seen so many members on the big bang thread before which im very glad for. I hope they all stay and continue supporting big bang.)

Over all I think Big Bang is a very well formed, connected, and balanced group: vocally, talent wise, even down to their appearance and stage presence.

I'm so glad Baek Jiyoung loves Big Bang too. How can you not? With the cute music geek making the songs and everything <333333.

and i love that picture of GD holding in his tears. makes me so sad, but yet beaming with pride. <3 these boys. oh the journey that they have made to be here at this point.

I cant imagine big bang doing trot. Daesung would OWN the members. that would be one hell of a show though. seriously.

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

i think this is my first time posting here after stalking for so long but i came across this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRlAZtL7P2Y and at about 8:37 the song sounds so much like crazy dog

is this the taiji version of the song that was sampled?

a few pages back someone posted the song 환상 속의 그대 but it didn't sound anything like it

maybe this is the sampled version, a remix?

can anyone hear the similarities? or maybe i'm just imagining things

oh, and thanks for all the picture and translation contributions by everyone

greatly appreciated!

Archived