UPDATED - Daniel Chan welcomes his daughter!

sugarplum892

Daniel Chan's girlfriend is rumoured to be two months pregnant
Daniel Chan

After Hong Kong singer Daniel Chan ended his relationship with Cecilia Cheung, he was said to havegotten together with a Taiwanese nurse 12 years his junior last year.

Although the 38-year-old singer did not confirm that they are dating, he did not deny the rumours either. Recently, there were even speculations that the girl is two months pregnant, and that Daniel intends to hold a low key wedding in Hong Kong at the end of the year.

When queried about this, Daniel avoided the question and changed the subject. “You want to recommend me to star as a gunman in a movie?”

It was understood that Daniel met his girlfriend when filming Taiwanese idol drama Love SOS last year. Daniel was said to have bought an apartment worth NT120 million (S$5 million) in Taiwan, which he will officially receive in 2015.

Incidentally, last year, he had also expressed his hope of getting married, but not too soon.

Source

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Is Daniel Chan getting married tomorrow?Posted Image

Popular Hong Kong singer Daniel Chan, whose girlfriend was recently rumoured to be pregnant, is said to be tying the knot tomorrow in Hong Kong. For the first time, Daniel posted up a photo of himself and his girlfriend Wang Yuxian on Weibo yesterday, in which both of them were dressed in the local wedding garb at a wedding rehearsal.

26-year-old Yuxian, a nurse, is 12 years his junior, and the pair has been dating for nine months. Rumour has it that Daniel had proposed and visited her family over Chinese New Year, and will hold his wedding tomorrow, at Sky Dining 101 (on the 101st floor) at the International Commerce Centre, the tallest building in Hong Kong.

A source revealed that Yuxian is already making wedding preparations secretly in Taiwan, and that the wedding banquet tomorrow will only include his friends and family. It is also said that he will not be accepting any interviews from the media.

The couple had taken a holiday in Dubai for six days, on the 5th day of the Chinese New Year. His family then arrived for a family gathering, during which he supposedly introduced his future wife.

When they returned to Hong Kong yesterday, Daniel remained tight-lipped about the wedding, but he posted up a photo of them at a local wedding rehearsal. He even wrote in jest: 'This is the first time in history that we are having such an exclusive family gathering. We discussed how Arabs can marry four wives to reduce the burden of the first wife, but this idea was rejected by her and many others from the 'opposition'. They said that they are afraid I would be too tired, and am better off just bringing home the bread and butter.'

When contacted by the media, his manager simply said: 'It's just a family gathering tomorrow with close friends and family.' She added that she doubted the couple has registered for their marriage, and declined to comment if Daniel's girlfriend is indeed pregnant.

Posted Image

Source

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Daniel Chan’s wife is four months pregnant class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Daniel Chan announced that his wife will most likely give birth to a baby girlDaniel Chan

Hong Kong singer Daniel Chan finally wedded his Taiwanese nurse fiancée yesterday at the luxurious Sky Dining 101 in Hong Kong, with a banquet of nine tables. After evading rumours that it is a shotgun wedding, he finally confirmed that his fiancée Wang Yuxian – now his wife – is four months pregnant and that she will give birth in July. He also shared hat there is a 70 percent chance they are expecting a baby girl.

He had originally wanted to hold a low-profile wedding, but after the news of his impending marriage spread, he received congratulatory greetings from many of his friends, and eventually decided to hold a nine-table banquet.

Daniel revealed that he will hold a celebratory party and another wedding banquet in China. At the wedding, he told reporters that he does not have a preference for a boy or girl, and hopes to have more children in future.

Dressed in a gold-coloured gown, his bride shyly responded to media queries about the baby. “She’ll be born in Taiwan,” she said. Daniel, who was standing beside her, added that as Yuxian’s family has a background in traditional Chinese medicine, they will be able take good care of her if she is there.

At one point, Daniel started tearing, but explained that it was because the flash from the cameras were too blinding. Daniel explained that the wedding was planned long ago and emphasised that this is not a shotgun marriage. It so happened that she was found to be pregnant when the plans were underway, he added.

Daniel Chan

Source

• 1 month later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Daniel Chan unveils ultrasound scans of his baby class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"The Hong Kong singer proudly showed off scans of the five-month-old foetus

Hong Kong singer Daniel Chan, who married his Taiwanese nurse girlfriend Wang Yuxian last month, and announced to reporters on the wedding day that she is four months pregnant, showed off ultrasound scans of his baby online yesterday.

The 38-year-old singer dated 26-year-old Yuxian for nine months before he proposed early this year. The two of them got married on February 12 in Hong Kong's luxurious Sky Dining 101 restaurant.

He also revealed that his bride will give birth in July and that it does not matter whether the child is a boy or girl.

When he posted up the ultrasound image, he wrote, “Looking more and more like the beautiful ‘boss’!”

His wife will give birth in Taiwan, as her parents are from a lineage of traditional Chinese physicians and will be able to take good care of her during her confinement.

“If she gives birth in China, I may not be able to do as good a job!” he said.

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"

Daniel Chan

Source

• 1 month later...

Daniel Chan visits wife in Taiwan with baby giftsDaniel’s wife, who is currently eight months pregnant, will deliver there.
Daniel Chan

Ever since Hong Kong singer Daniel Chan announced that his Taiwanese wife Wang Yuxian is pregnant, the daddy-to-be has been very excited about the impending birth of his daughter, even proudly showing off the ultrasound scans of the foetus.

And whenever the 38-year-old visits his eight-month pregnant wife in Taiwan, where she is currently residing with her family, he brings along huge packages of maternity tonics and baby products, such as a baby pram and basket, with him.

According to Taiwanese media reports, his luggage was overweight by 39kg and he had to pay NT5,000 (approximately S$208) for excess baggage at the Hong Kong airport two days ago.

He told reporters that the numerous gifts were from his friends, and even called himself a ‘porter’ to deliver the goods.

Daniel had, in fact, been a ‘porter’ on several occasions, and had even brought a baby cot over to Taiwan once. He has been flying to Taiwan so often that he even said in jest: “I’ll apply for residency in Taiwan.”

Yuxuan, 26, will give birth in Taiwan in July and the actor had reportedly purchased a NT120 million (approximately S$4.92 million) home there last month but has not gotten ownership of the place yet. When asked if the child would be residing long-term in Taiwan, he said: “Many people can help take care of the baby.”

It is understood that Daniel will be staying in Taiwan for a week, and will fly to China subsequently to shoot new drama Brave Lover – his first TV series since his marriage.

Daniel and Yuxian, formerly a nurse, had been dating for nine months before they tied the knot in February in Hong Kong.

Source

• 1 month later...

Daniel Chan stops work to accompany his pregnant wifeThe Hong Kong singer is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his baby girl in TaiwanDaniel Chan

Hong Kong singer-actor Daniel Chan has set aside work to accompany his wife Wang Yuxian, a Taiwanese nurse 12 years his junior, who is expected to give birth anytime now.
After successfully obtaining a long-stay permit recently, Daniel has been staying in Taiwan where he gets to enjoy his wife’s cooking.
While speaking to reporters, the father-to-be let on that the 1.71-metre tall Yuxian has gained more than 10kg (from 51kg to over 66kg) during her pregnancy. Worried that she would not regain her pre-pregnancy figure, Yuxian has allegedly rejected plans for a second child at the moment.
The 38-year-old also added that he respects his wife’s decision to deliver naturally, instead of choosing an “auspicious date” to give birth via caesarean section.
Complimenting his wife on her obedience and simplemindedness, Daniel revealed that the couple has never had an argument since they started dating.
When asked to comment on their shotgun marriage in February, the singer replied: “Actually, I am okay with not having kids. Meeting the right person is more important. If I don’t meet the right person, I might not even get married.”
Daniel Chan
Source

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Daniel Chan welcomes his daughter class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Daniel Chan’s wife gave birth to their baby girl on SaturdayDaniel Chan

Hong Kong singer-actor Daniel Chan became the proud father of a baby girl on Saturday.

Earlier, Daniel, 38, had stopped all his work commitments in order to stay in Taiwan with his wife, Wang Yuxian, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his first child.

At around 3pm on Saturday, he shared news of his daughter’s arrival on his Weibo account, proudly posting a picture of him holding her tiny foot.

His joy at becoming a father radiated through his words: “I’m very happy that my daughter was born today. [she weighs] 3245g [and is] 51cm [tall]. Both mother and daughter are well – the older one was very brave and strong, [and] the younger one is very cute [and] obedient. My first day as a father feels especially real; [it’s] a kind of happiness that’s hard to describe. Thank you for all your concern, and I send my greatest respects to all the mothers in the world. Thank you. [i’m] grateful. From Xiao Dong (Daniel).”

According to Taiwanese reports, the singer accompanied Yuxian, 26, to the hospital on Friday to prepare her for going into labour, and reportedly never left the hospital even once. While his wife was giving birth, he stayed by her side through the whole process, documenting his daughter’s birth.

Medical personnel revealed that the birthing process was incredibly smooth. Initially, the doctor had expected the baby to arrive after half an hour, but Yuxian managed to give birth in five minutes, with support from her husband and help from the nurses.

After experiencing the process of giving birth, Daniel praised his wife for being very brave and optimistic. According to him, she did not shed a single tear or scream, which caused him to develop a newfound respect for all the mothers in the world.

He recounted, “She suffered a lot from pregnancy to childbirth, [as] she was always puking. However, she was also very brave, insisting on going through natural birth right till the end. She was so optimistic that before she entered the delivery room, she was still joking about wanting to give birth fast so that the baby could come earlier.”

When the reporter asked him if he cried or was terrified while recording the birthing process, Daniel laughingly replied, “At these times, the man should keep calm instead of crying and sniffling – must give [my] wife confidence.” He also added that the couple has yet to decide the baby’s name. They will be making their decision after consulting a fortune teller.

So, does the baby look like her father or mother?

Daniel grinned: “I think she looks like my wife, but my wife says she looks like me. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

If the words of Yuxian’s doctor are to be believed, the couple’s daughter is bound to grow up well regardless of who she looks like more.

The doctor revealed that the baby has large round eyes with double eyelids, and a tall height. Hence, he anticipates that she will grow up to become a leggy, doe-eyed beauty.

Daniel Chan

Source

Archived