Idol Star Athletics Championship 2014

The filming is happening on the 13th and 14th, the show will be broadcast as two parts at the end of the month.

List of athletes (futsal):

SHINee's Minho, INFINITE's Woohyun and Hoya, EXO's Luhan and Xiumin, B2ST's Doojoon, Kikwang, and Yoseob, TEEN TOP's Ricky, 2AM's Seulong, TASTY's Soryong, 5urprise's Gongmyung, Block B's U-Kwon, B1A4's Baro, BTS' Jimin, Goo Ja Myung, LUNAFLY's Sam, Eric Nam, Sean Lee, B.A.P's Bang Yong Guk and Youngjae, BTOB's Eunkwang and Minhyuk, Roh Ji Hoon, ZE:A's Taeheon and Dongjun, VIXX's Ravi, M.I.B's 5Zic and Kangnam, A-JAX's Hyojun, Boys Republic's Soowoong, and K-Hunter.

In addition to futsal, you'll see the usual archery, track and field, as well as new category curling.

As for the MCs of the event, it'll include Kim Sung Joo, Jun Hyun Moo, Heo Il Hoo, Lee Byung Jin, Shindong, and Kwanghee.

source: allkpop

idol-atheletics-2014-1.jpghttp:
idol-atheletics-2014-1.jpg

ok. no real surprises as the "favorites" from last year stepped up again this time but still some fun & exciting events. :-bd

I thought Lizzy from After School had the best chance of an upset in the girls archery event when Sohyun from 4minute inexplicably shot a "5" & left it wide open for Lizzy to sneak past her to the finals but props to Sohyun for remaining calm and taking care of business. Her & Bora from Sistar were in the finals & it was a doozy too as they had to go to an extra round to determine the winner! it as nerve wracking to see who would come up clutch in the tie breaker. :-SS

The futsal event was really fun last year & this year's event was entertaining as well. I had my doubts last year when it debuted whether it would translate well on TV but I was proven wrong as it was one of the better events of the entire Idol Athletics show IMO. Again the stars from last year showed up big time including Roh Ji Hoon as the goalkeeper for Team B & Koo Ja Myung for Team D. Man, that Koo Ja Myung is on another level in terms of his futbol skill set compared to the rest. This time around it looks like Minho also stepped up too.

Fans of LGDT will recognize "fashionista" soccer coach, Shin Tae Yong as he coached both the C & D teams.

irkLKhsF4IqRG.jpg

Speaking of LGDT, a lot of the regulars/semi-regulars did really well this ep as to be expected. Just recently in the Idol Ironman ep of DT, Minhyuk & sanghoon were going at it for top honors and those two were battling for medals in the high jump. Surprised that one dude from History did so well but not surprised that Minhyuk ran away with it. It looked like he could've cleared another 5 cm off his record winning jump! The guys is something special in these track & field events. Wouldn't be surprised if he wins the 60m sprint that is gonna be shown tomorrow. ^:)^

man, how come they keep reducing the distance in the sprint race? last year it was 70m right? :-? I guess we have to wait for the Chuseok version of Idol Olympics to see the 100m which is the real test of speed but this 60m had some surprises tho' & of course, the customary photo finish...this time around it was between Feeldog of Big Star & Changbum from 100%.

ibeEx1CzerUERe.jpg

Changbum just nipped Feeldog at the line by .004 secs to qualify for the semi finals! :-O  I remember this Changbum from DT when he talked up big about his athletic background but never produced on that show...so good to see him finally showing his speed. All the familiar semi-regulars from DT are gonna be in the semi-finals like Minhyuk, Hyeongkon, Sanghoon, & Baro.

The ladies 60m qualifying heats didn't really have any surprises either with all the 'faves' making it to the next round.

iYzvPCYpkc6TQ.jpg

I'd be surprised if the 3 that qualified for the finals didn't come down to Gaeun, Jisoo or that Wassup girl Soojin. Bomi might have an outside chance but I doubt it.

just some caps of my personal "cuties" in the crowd...cutest tongue goes to Zinger, errr I mean Hana from Secret even if she is unrecognizable now. :P

iU9tweGejKeTh.jpg

Bomi for cutest eye smile :D

igHwJdunhsNi7.jpg

Cutest supporting team mate goes to J.MIn from Tiny-G -- I know everyone is riding Dohee right now but I've always been biased towards J.Min. 8->

iH5FFt2l2z5Bs.jpg

Just plain cute award goes to RiSe from Ladies Code.  >:D<

ibrMUtNUqLhqiI.jpg

here's the conclusion of the Idol Athletics on ohoh oh's channel. I don't see the 2nd part tho'? :-? It only goes up to the curling in this clip but guess he/she will upload the 2nd part later.

Not really a fan of the guy's archery final, so I skipped that. Also, I had to mute it during curling cuz of Kwanghee being the guest commentator. %-(  None of the girl groups that I wanted to see participated in that one either. :-<  What happened to the girl group aerobics event? Guess they decided to cancel it or MBC edited it out due to the reasons stated in that article? :-/  Boo! I wanted to see that event too. [-(

So yeah, this finale was kinda lackluster with no real surprises in the 60m guys/girls finals. Minhyuk dominated yet again -- he's too dang quick! I wish DMTN were still around cuz I would like to see Simon give it a go again cuz he might be able to give Minhyuk a run for his money. Seems KDJ is no longer participating in the running events either. :-< As for the girls, Kaeun sure has a funky gait when she runs but it's very effective! I know Eunji is no longer part of Nine Muses but would've loved to see her give it a final run too.

Minhyuk vs the 3 blondes in Changbum, Sanghoon & Baro  lol

iFz6nUuQB96f8.jpg

The futsal finals was really the only exciting event for me this ep. The consolation game between Team C & A was a penalty kick shootout & 5zik from M.I.B. scored the bronze medal clincher for Team A. The game between Team B & D for the Gold was quite entertaining. I thought Team D had it in the bag when they went up 2 nil but thanks to some clutch goals by Yoseob from B2ST & timely goalkeeping by Roh Ji Hoon, they made a nice comeback to win it.

Meh, the 400m team & co-ed relay event was ok but nothing special. The team of Infinite + Tasty took Gold while A-Pink nipped another mixed team of After School + Lime from Hello Venus at the finish for the gals. The co-ed team event was won by Team A which had Hoya, Woohyun, Kaeun & Jooyeon. A strong team there cuz 3 outta those 4 could easily run the anchor leg with only Jooyeon from After School the weak link lol

Bomi's cute here posing with that derp face hehe

ibiU1jNYbRSXl1.jpg

No real surprise that Team B won the overall best team award & that Minhyuk took home the MVP. It was funny tho' cuz when he went up to the podium to receive his award, he tripped on the top step haha...he blamed his fall due to the weight of all his medals :))

iTW3X223JD0SS.jpg

ok, my personal MVP was this gal here, Seolhyun from AOA...ok, she didn't do much of anything athletically -- in fact, I don't think I even saw her compete in any events but she's just so dang pretty! :\">

i4u1OxlAG3heg.jpg

Archived