[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Showbox updates:

10172588_782596588484120_192486571902404
10151928_782596685150777_663742661069319

개봉 딱 일주일 남은 <강남 1970>
리뷰평 보면서 다시 한번 앓아봅니다..

쇼미 장담컨대, 이 영화 진짜 셉니다요!

+) 수컷냄새 강렬한 배우들과 함께하는
CGV스타★라이브톡 예매가 오픈!! 꺅!

자세한 내용은 요기로 ▼▼
http://bit.ly/1u3ElcL

‪#‎강남1970‬ ‪#‎이민호‬ ‪#‎김래원‬ ‪#‎유하감독‬

------------------------------------------------------------(I wish someone can translate as I 've no idea what the posters mean but I believe the first one is a summary of reviews ?)  

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prosperity

@adamfever I saw that but I didn't post it here because I knew it was from the media preview and not actual consumers buying tickets.

I noticed that with Google too. If you click on Lee, Lee Min Ho will be one of the suggestions and I always correct the translation. That way maybe if enough people do it they will use Lee Min Ho as the translation automatically.

Guest prosperity

@adamfever, also the numbers for the other movies that are not out yet may not be for just media. For example both Guess and Romanson will have a screening for the movie. Same could have happened for the other movies. They both have pretty popular actors with endorsements.

More videos from Media Screening event (warning: this is contain spoiler, they show new clips from the movie)

나쁜 남자로 돌아왔다! 이민호 VS 김래원

cr: OBSkyungin

class="entry-title"[spot] ‘Gangnam Blues’ Kim Rae-won describes Baek Yong-gi evil yet pathetic

A premier of the movie “Gangnam Blues’ was held on January 13th at Wangsimni CGV theater in Hang-dang dong, Seong-dong gu, Seoul. The leading actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won, Jeong Jin-young and Kim Seol-hyun and Director Yu Ha took part in the event.

Kim Rae-won played the role of Baek Yong-gi. Baek is a man who commits a murder just to be the boss of a gang.

In the movie, he is described as a despicable character. “When I first read the script, Baek Yong-gi seemed just a person who was villain and evil. But on second thought, I started to have feelings for him, and understand the pain he had.

“Yong-gi is a cruel character indeed, but the redevelopment story of Gangnam caught my attention.” Said Kim, explaining about the reason why he chose to play Baek.

To the question asking how he managed to shoot and overcome all the cruel scenes, Kim answered, “I am fine. I believe it must have been much harder for Lee Min-ho, as he had more of those scenes than I had.”

He continued, “I put a lot of effort into the scenes where I was mentally suffering. I really tried to describe the feelings of Baek Yong-gi. I wonder how the audience would take it.”

The movie ‘Gangnam Blues’, where you can see Kim Rae-won’s transformation, will hit the theaters January 21st.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, English Translation by Veronica Choi

class="entry-title"[spot] ‘Gangnam Blues’ Kim Seol-hyun of AOA says she still can’t believe herself in film

A premier of the movie “Gangnam Blues’ was held on January 13th at Wangsimni CGV theater in Hang-dang dong, Seong-dong gu, Seoul. The leading actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won, Jeong Jin-young and Kim Seol-hyun and Director Yu Ha took part in the event.

Kim Seol-hyun, a member of a K-poop girl band AOA, was cast to play the role of Kang Seon-hye, the daughter of Kang Kil-su, a former gangster. Seon-hye is also Lee Min-ho’s sister.

“This is my first movie. It still hasn’t hit me yet, I can’t believe myself being in a movie.” Said Kim Seol-hyun.

“I am glad that I finished my first movie successfully. It was different from being a singer. I find them both interesting and fun.” She said.

When she was asked about work scenes with Lee Min-ho, she said, “There were difficult, hard moments. But he helped me out a lot. He also told me to relax when I got nervous during the shooting. I was able to make it to the end with Lee Min-ho and others’ help.’ Kim thanked him.

“I hope our movie goes well.” Kim smiled, showing her mature attitude during the premier.

The movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ where you can find Kim Seol-hyun’s beauty and charms will be released on January 21st.

GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, English Translation by Veronica Choi

Thanks @prosperity for your insights. So the box office data for Jan 14 is out and Ode has once again proves that it is a force to be reckoned. Despite  much higher presale figure Love Forecast still runs behind. My prediction is Ode still stays on top for the next 2 days, the weekend is much harder to predict. I hope all of the movie goers watch Ode, LF and Chronicle this week, getting themselves ready for GB next week :-)

alesia44 said: More videos from Media Screening event (warning: this is contain spoiler, they show new clips from the movie)

Guest prosperity

@adamfever, another thing we need to keep in mind is the number of screens each movie is shown on. Even though Ode has been released longer, it still had 48 more screens than Love Forecast and 41 more screens than Blood Merchant. This means they already had an advantage, because the extra screens means that more tickets are available to the public.
So that is another thing I wonder about when it comes to GB. How many screens will it be shown on especially when you consider the restricted rating...

I've posted the announcement below at LMH and KRW's threads. And I would like to share this here as well.
Special AnnouncementGangnam Blues Screenings 
As you know Gangnam Blues is slated to open in North America (U.S. & Canada) starting February 6th! The North America's Distributor for Gangnam Blues is Dreamwest Picture. Dreamwest and I have been in touched very recently to discuss a possibility of a North America fan support. 
And Dreamwest is looking to see how many people are interested in the movie in order to assess the possibilities of opening the movie to more places outside of NYC, LA, Vancouver, and Toronto as stated in the press release. 
So here's what you can help with?
Please take this quick survey: U.S. and Canada residents only. I know that this thread has fans from all over the world, but this survey is specifically for U.S. and Canada residents only. And one person, one vote.
The purpose of the survey: to help identify places in North America for Gangnam Blues releases.
It is a super short survey. Please participate. CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY!!!
Lastly and most importantly to everyone including those who cannot take the survey: please share this survey with fellow fans who might be living in the U.S or Canada. Share it to other fan sites and twitter accounts like LMHWorld, Weareminoz, Leeminho_heirs, etc.. Basically all other other fan clubs who are interested in Gangnam Blues. 
Simply write: for US and Canada fans interested in Gangnam Blues, please take this survey if you would like to see GB in major city near you! 
Also, fans from other fan sites who are lurking (ahem Dramafever), if you could kindly share this survey link to your readers and followers, we would greatly appreciate it. 
Why should you take this survey? Because there's a real possibility that you might be able to see your favorite actors/actresses in a theater near you, and we also want GB to do well financially. Think about it the North America market is a huge market, a limited release can still garner strong revenue, e.g. the Roaring Currents North America showing which opened to about 30 screens and earned about $2.58 million (which in Korea's box office is a significant number)
tl;dr: US and Canada residents: please take this survey. Everyone else: please share it to other fan sites. Poll close in two days as I need to get the number back to Dreamwest. 
Also, you can also like Dreamwest Facebook and let them know in the comments that you want to see GB in the U.S. and Canada.
If you have any questions, send me a pm.
Thank you
Survey URL http://soompiminoz.polldaddy.com/s/gangnam-blues-support-us-canada

Guest Moonrain

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 24px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Lee Min-ho takes first lead role in gangster movieBy CCTV News
S Korean superstar Lee Min-ho takes on a different role than he's used to in Director Yoo Ha's new movie "Gangnam Blues."This time he plays an aggressive & violent role in contrast to the romantic ones he's famous for.

prosperity said: @adamfever, another thing we need to keep in mind is the number of screens each movie is shown on. Even though Ode has been released longer, it still had 48 more screens than Love Forecast and 41 more screens than Blood Merchant. This means they already had an advantage, because the extra screens means that more tickets are available to the public.
So that is another thing I wonder about when it comes to GB. How many screens will it be shown on especially when you consider the restricted rating...

Archived