[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Thanks @prosperity for sharing. Just to note, here are the opening dates of those films:
Ode to my Father - Dec. 17, 2014Love Forecast - Jan. 14, 2015  (edited)Chronicals Of a Blood Merchant - Jan. 15, 2015Gangnam 1970 - Jan. 21, 2015My Love, Don't Cross That River - Nov. 27, 2014
I just noticed that some films are opening this week on Thursday while Gangnam 1970 opens on a Wednesday. I guess there's no standard day when Korean films open ? Like here in the US, they usually open Friday or day before a long weekend. 
(edit: some websites listed Love Forecast for 14th, while some for 15th). 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update from Showbox Int'l:
 ‪#‎GangnamBlues‬ ‪#‎LeeMinHo‬ 
Highly anticipated international poster is finally here. The final film of director YOO Ha's action noir trilogy stars LEE Min-ho and KIM Rae-won. arrives in theaters next week!
 For more information, head to http://www.showbox.co.kr/english
 https://www.facebook.com/Showboxint?fref=photo
 (It seems they will retain the name 'Gangnam Blues' for international release.)

D45ryQB1_4f9938_f.jpg

Guest prosperity

Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won′s ‘Gangnam 1970’ to Premiere in North America

2015.01.13 10:18

The film Gangnam 1970 has been confirmed to premiere in North America following Asia.

Gathering attention by starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won, Gangnam 1970 will premiere in North America following major countriesin Asia, including Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and more.

As the final piece of director Yoo Ha’s street trilogy following Once Upon A Time in High School and Dirty Carnival, Gangnam 1970 is one of the most anticipated films of 2015, premiering across Asia as well as in the United States and Canada.

China, which is sensitive to the issues related to limitations and deliberation on the screening of foreign films, even decided to pre-order Gangnam 1970, despite it being a R-rated film.

Following the premiere in Korea on January 21, Gangnam 1970 will be shown in Singapore, Vietnam, and Myanmar on January 29, Taiwan on January 30, and Malaysia and Indonesia in February. It has been set to premiere in Thailand and Hong Kong on February 5 and the United States and Canada on February 6.

Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won′s ‘Gangnam 1970’ to Premiere in North Americalarge view

Gangnam 1970 will be distributed in the United States by DreamWest Pictures, which also distributed The Face Reader, Friend 2, and Tazza: The Hidden Card. The film will be screened in major cities, such as Vancouver and Toronto in Canada, and Los Angeles and New York in the United States.

Apart from Asia and North American, iterest is also high amongst European distribution companies, allowing the film to be screened at the European Film Market, taking place on February 5 in Berlin.

Gangnam 1970, starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Rae Won, Jung Jin Young, Kim Seolhyun, Yoo Seung Mok, Kim Ji Soo, and more, is the final piece of director Yoo Ha’s street trilogy about two men’s desire, loyalty, and betrayal, surrounding the Gangnam area during 1970s when Seoul was going through rapid development.

Reporter : Kim Hyung Woo | Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

[Any copying, republication or redistribution of enewsWorld's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited Without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civill penalties.]

http://m.mwave.interest.me/mobileweb/enewsworld/en/article/84999/lee-min-ho-and-kim-rae-wons-gangnam-1970-to-premiere-in-north-america

class="titleNews"‘Gangnam 1970’ Director Edited Out Lee Min Ho and Kim Ji Soo’s Bed Scene2015.01.13 18:10 CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Although a bed scene was filmed, director Yoo Ha shared that he edited it out of Gangnam 1970.

On January 13, the film Gangnam 1970 held a press screening at the CGV theaters in Wangsimni, where Yoo Ha shared that he edited out the bed scene between Lee Min Ho and special cameo, Kim Ji Soo.

‘Gangnam 1970’ Director Edited Out Lee Min Ho and Kim Ji Soo’s Bed Scene

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge. “Jong Dae (Lee Min Ho) has feelings for Gil Soo (Jung Jin Young)’s daughter Sun Hae (AOA’s Seolhyun), but the moment he lets his feelings out, that’s when the family will break, so he keeps those feelings inside,” explained Yoo Ha. He explained that Jong Dae decides to approach Gangnam real estate speculator, Madam Min (Kim Ji Soo) to fulfill his desires.

“The two actually had a bed scene together, but in regards to the movie’s transition, it didn’t feel needed, so I took it out.”

Meanwhile, Gangnam 1970 is a movie about the desire, loyalty, and betrayal of two men, Jong Dae (Lee Min Ho) and Yong Gi (Kim Rae Won), during 1970s when Seoul was going through rapid development. This is the final piece of director Yoo Ha’s street trilogy as well as Lee Min Ho′s first movie.

The film premieres January 21.

Photo Credit: ShowBox Media Plex

class="titleNews"AOA′s Seolhyun is Thankful to Lee Min Ho for Making Her Comfortable Filming ′Gangnam 1970′

2015.01.13 17:55 CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Singer turned actress, Seolhyun sent her gratitude towards Lee Min Ho.

On January 13, the film Gangnam 1970 held a press screening at the CGV theaters in Wangsimni, where AOA′s Seolhyun shared, "It was my first time filming a movie. Because it was the first time, there were many difficult and tiring parts."

AOA′s Seolhyun is Thankful to Lee Min Ho for Making Her Comfortable Filming ′Gangnam 1970′

In the film, she plays Sun Ae, the daughter of Gil Soo (Jung Jin Young), a former middle boss. She becomes close with Jong Dae (Lee Min Ho), who is brought to their household by Gil Soo one day, and receives much love.

"Lee Min Ho sunbaenim took really good care of me and helped me a lot," said Seolhyun. "Since it was my first time, I was especially nervous, but he helped get rid of a lot of the nervousness. Lee Min Ho, Jung Jin Young, and all the staff helped me a lot and I was able to film well."

Regarding her debut to the bigscreen, she added, "I can′t really believe that I′m coming out on screen. I′m happy that my first movie ended well. I′m happy to be able to sing and be on the bigscreen as an actress."

Meanwhile, Gangnam 1970 is a movie about the desire, loyalty, and betrayal of two men, Jong Dae (Lee Min Ho) and Yong Gi (Kim Rae Won), during 1970s when Seoul was going through rapid development. This is the final piece of director Yoo Ha’s street trilogy as well as Lee Min Ho′s first movie.

The film premieres January 21.

Photo Credit: enews/Kim Byung Kwan

News article credit to: mwave

[spot] ‘Gangnam Blues’ No more pin-up boy! Lee Min-ho proves he’s action star

A premier of the movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ was held on January 13th 1at Wangsimni CGV theather in hang-dang dong, Seong-dong gu, Seoul. The actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won, Jeong Jin-young, Kim Seol-hyun and Director Yu Ha participated in the event.

The leading actor Lee Min-ho played the role of Kim Jong-dae.

The theater was crowded with reporters and photographers to cover the premier.

To the question asking whether there wasn’t anything tough while the shooting, Lee Min-ho said, “This is my first movie as the leading role. There sure is a difference between doing a drama and a movie.” He continued, “That is why I tried to focus on not maintaining my acting style, or habits that I had when I was doing a drama.

He expressed his gratitude toward Director Yu as well. “I just wanted to describe my role, Jong-dae. Director Yu helped me a lot to act naturally.”

In the movie, there is no more pin-up boy image of Lee Min-ho. “I have never played the role of a person who’s poor, or short of money. My role was always born from a rich family. I don’t think anyone could ever think of me as a junkman. I hope the viewers take it as ‘Actor Lee Min-ho’s challenge’ and show full support and interest.

The movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ will be on the big screen from January 21st.

credit: getitk

[spot] Gangnam Blues Lee Min-ho says Jong-dae is man of desire

A premier of the movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ was held on January 13th 1at Wangsimni CGV theather in hang-dang dong, Seong-dong gu, Seoul.

Actor Lee Min-ho confessed an episode of having a hard time shooting a cruel scene.

“I understand that everyone can be violent at times. It’s a matter of controlling your violence, with reason. When I was filming this movie, I tried to expressed my inner violence and cruelty for the first time in my life.” He said.

“I would have to say that it was not easy, even when I was not working. It was mentally devastated and exhausted, as I had to follow the atmosphere and take it in.” He confessed.

2-1

Lee Min-ho’s relaxed smile during the premier

To the question asking about the senior actors, “When I meet someone in person, I tend to study that person by his or her first impression. When I met all the senior actors of ‘Gangnam Blues’, all of them were so nice and warm, they made me feel so comfortable. It was grateful.” Lee said. “I called Jeong Jin-young sunbaenim(senior), father from the first day I met him. I have always admired Kim Rae-won sunbaenim. I was able to shoot well, thanks to them.”

About his role in the movie, Lee min-ho said, “I had to get a clue from the present instead. I tried to understand how it is to struggle to make a living by sewing, and to be responsible for supporting a family at that time. Director Yu put it out into a story and came with a good result.” He expressed his gratitude for Director Yu Ha.

The movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ will hit the theaters from January 21st.

Source: GET IT K Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, English Translation by Veronica Choi

Guest prosperity

Presales for 1/13/15
IMG_2199_zps46d63652.png
@adamfever, I think these numbers are fine. Think about the fact that the movie is not out yet, and won't be out for more than a week, yet people are anticipating it enough to where they are purchasing tickets this far in advance. It is expected that movies that are already out and those who are being released this week are higher up. This is normal.
I think it is a good sign that the movie is even charting at all, especially so far ahead of release. I think the numbers will gradually increase the closer it gets to release day.

Some Review Articles (in KR)
Review #1; #2; #3; #4; #5; #6 
There's a lot more articles. If you know where to find them, you can look through. I haven't checked overall critic's rating score yet. My extremely limited impression from those articles suggests that it's been getting positive reactions, and of course there's always a little quibbles here and there. But overall, it's good.
Maybe @zinnia - can give a better impression on what critics have said about the movie and performances? 
And lastly, please don't feed the trolls ;)
Gangnam Blues, fighting!

G'70 mentioned:

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"REEL Talk: Korean film in 2015 REEL Talk

cr: Arirang News

For the upcoming movies in Jan, they only mentioned G'70 and Chronical of a Blood Merchant, totally missed out Love Forecast. Is it because LF is a romantic movie and industry people don't consider it 'serious' enough (similarly Directo Yoo Ha also sees some of Minho's dramas as cheesy)?

prosperity said: Presales for 1/13/15
@adamfever, I think these numbers are fine. Think about the fact that the movie is not out yet, and won't be out for more than a week, yet people are anticipating it enough to where they are purchasing tickets this far in advance. It is expected that movies that are already out and those who are being released this week are higher up. This is normal.
I think it is a good sign that the movie is even charting at all, especially so far ahead of release. I think the numbers will gradually increase the closer it gets to release day.

guadi said: Some Review Articles (in KR)
Review #1; #2; #3; #4; #5; #6 
There's a lot more articles. If you know where to find them, you can look through. I haven't checked overall critic's rating score yet. My extremely limited impression from those articles suggests that it's been getting positive reactions, and of course there's always a little quibbles here and there. But overall, it's good.
Maybe @zinnia - can give a better impression on what critics have said about the movie and performances? 
And lastly, please don't feed the trolls ;)
Gangnam Blues, fighting!

Archived