[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

SongMira

Guest wisteria7

Hello! My first post in this thread. I am looking forward to this movie. Wish I could be in Seoul again to maybe catch some of the film shooting. Maybe in a couple of weeks.....Minho looks so calm and cool now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The anonymous GB staff left a message to Minoz in DC LMH gall, and I translated it for you like before.

Please do not reupload this in other threads without my consent.

Thank you in advance.

Jong Dae's last scene_crank-up

When the sun rises up in the morning today[sunday], Jong Dae's last scene will be filmed following yesterday's shooting.

I believe it will be one of the unforgettable scenes among numerous great moments (I dare say) of Gangnam Blues.

After that, all the shootings of Gangnam Blues which have swirled up continuously for almost four months will end and it will be 'crank-up'[a slang for the end of shooting of movies].

I will send my praise and gratitude to all the staff and actors, and also I'm deeply grateful to you for your unceasing prayers for 'safety' and 'big success'[Daebak]...

As I told you the 'crank-in' news in April, I'm telling you today's 'crank-up' news as well, (of course in the premise that nothing unpredicted will happen).

Though actors get out of filming sets, there will be left enormous post-production. As the release date comes a little sooner than the original schedule, the post-production will be in a hectic schedule too.

I hope you will bring your clear and strong energy of optimism and passion to Gangnam Blues till the end.

I might add, 'Lee Min Ho''s 'Kim Jong Dae' is the best in recorded history of action-noir genre movies in the visual[aesthetic] aspect, and his character is strong and beautiful to the extent to making me feel sad. You can never imagine though I say it ever so many times. You should see him with your own eyes and it will be hard for you to believe even if you see him over and over again.

# News - Gangnam Blues
class="content-title"Lee Min Ho’s “Gangnam Blues” Completes Filming

lee-min-ho-gangnam-blues.jpg

Lee Min Ho‘s upcoming film “Gangnam Blues” has officially completed its shooting.

A teaser poster was posted to Lee Min Ho’s official social network sites earlier announcing the completion of the filming. The Weibo poster has already gotten over 20,000 shares, 30,000 comments, and 100,000 likes from Lee Min Ho’s Chinese fans, once again proving the actor’s immense popularity in China.

Directed by director Yu Ha, known for his dramatic and dark movies like “Dirty Carnival” and “Frozen Flower“, “Gangnam Blues” also stars Kim Rae Won, Jung Jin Young, and Kim Ji Soo. It will be an action noir film about the turmoils regarding the Gangnam district’s real estate craze of the 70′s.

“Gangnam Blues” is expected to open in theaters later this year.

Source : Soompi

Guest prosperity

Bumping so we can post these stills

Eta:
@pixie0622, quoting you in this thread too
pixie0622 said:OMO, FIRST STILLS FROM GANGNAM BLUES! smiley-love025.gif
BwpZdKYCcAAxs0Q.jpg:large
BwpZMNDCMAEhvji.jpg:large
source: via Starhaus TW
My God, how can I survive the long wait for this movie???!!! :(:((
We will wait for the ENG trans of the news item (somehow, Mr G translates Chinese better than Hangul) but it appears that they are going to keep the title GANGNAM BLUES (vs it being just a working title).  The article contains comments from both LMH and KRW and talks about their great chemistry.  I'm loving KIM JONG DAE at first sight!  :x :((

# News 1
Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won Exude Charisma in the Latest Teaser Photos from "Gangnam Blues"
ddangha September 3, 2014

Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-10.50.48-PM.png

Actors Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won exude intense charisma in the latest teaser images released from their upcoming noir film “Gangnam Blues.”

Directed by director and poet Yu Ha, who is known for his dramatic and dark movies like “Dirty Carnival,” “Gangnam Blues” will be an action noir film about the turmoils regarding the Gangnam district’s real estate craze of the 1970′s.“Gangnam Blues” also stars Jung Jin Young and Kim Ji Soo.

In the teaser images, glimpses of the two leading actors Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won’s characters can be seen.

“Gangnam Blues” recently completed shooting, on August 31, and has gone into post-production. It is scheduled for a late-2014 release.

Souce : Soompi

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

# News 2

Filming Ends of Movie "Gangnam Blues" starring Lee Min-ho

Posted by: suhihi00 , September 4, 2014

BwpkdhDCEAAm1Hi.jpg:large

Filming of the movie ‘Gangnam Blues’ that has been drawing much attention for cast of Lee Min-ho and Kim Rae-won ended on August 31.

Film ‘Gangnam Blues’ is a story of desire, loyalty, and betrayal unfold in the background of Gangnam in early 70s. Lee Min-ho, who has risen to a world star, made a big screen debut as his first leading role through this movie. Kim Rae-won also made his comeback in a long time to action noir movie.

They have filmed in Suncheon, Damyang, Jeonju in order to make this movie look more like 70s since they started filming on April 16.

Lee Min-ho, who chose this movie as his first film to appear as a leading role, said, “4 months of filming finally ended. I was very glad about appearing in this film. It was such an honor to play the leading character ‘Jong-dae’ and to meet these great staff crews and actors.”

Kim Rae-won who made comeback to the big screen in 8 years since ‘Sunflower,’ said, “I will never forget 4 months of life as character ‘Yong-ki.’ I was so happy during filming this movie. I also really appreciate all the staff crews, actors and actresses who worked very hard for this film.

Film ‘Gangnam Blues’ will open at the end of the year.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Showbox/Mediaplex, Inc., Translated by Park Kayla

Source : getitk

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

# Kim Rae Won Still

Gangnam_Blues-002.jpg

# Lee Min Hoo Still

Gangnam_Blues-001.jpg

cr : AsianWiki

[NEWS]
KPOP FIGHTING
class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px 7px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 37px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won reveal their thoughts on filming ‘Gangnam Blues’

• MoviesSep 4, 2014
    (picture skipped)

Upcoming South Korean movie ‘Gangnam Blues‘ which stars Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won, and has been garnering much attention from fans, recently wrapped up filming.  Director Yu Ha’s comeback piece ‘Gangnam Blues,’ wrapped up filming in Gwangyang, South Jeolla Province on August 31st. Since filming started on April 16th, the production

team had traveled around the country 95 times to places like Suncheon, Damyang, Naju, Jeonju, Iksan, Muju and Gwangyang for filming, in order to replicate the 1970′s setting that it is based around. The movie has now entered the post-production phase, and is scheduled to greet viewers by the end of this year.

‘Gangnam Blues’ will be the first time that Lee Min Ho is headlining a movie on the big screen. It represented a huge challenge for Lee Min Ho as it was a generational action movie where he had to handle action and emotional scenes at the same time. Lee Min Ho related his thoughts on the successful completion of the filming, “We finally ended our long four and a half months of filming. Everything ends today, and this movie is really meaningful. This is the first time that I am taking on a movie lead role like Jong Dae. I was really happy to have worked with an excellent cast and production staff.”

Kim Rae Won meanwhile is making a comeback to action movie, eight years after his last action movie ‘Sunflower.’ Kim Rae Won plays the role of Yong Ki, and he felt really happy despite a tough 4 1/2 months of filming. As he looked back at the first day of filming, he thanked the cast and staff members for their hard work as they worked hand-in-hand tirelessly for the filming.

‘Gangnam Blues’ is a ‘gangster noir’ set in the 1970s, when Gangnam, Seoul goes under development, and tells the story of desires, loyalty, and betrayal. The movie is directed by Yu Ha, and is currently in the post-production phase, and will open in cinemas by the end of the year.

By: Choi In HeeSource
    More FAN-MADE POSTERSBwvq_KACUAA0rQw.jpg:large
    cr Rubyring
    Bw2eG_3CYAAYJwj.jpg:large
    cr titiNmj

Lee Minho (이민호) shows off a 'manlier' look in new film, Gangnam Blues

10641280_758478627557453_628387016747507
South Korean Actor Lee Min Ho is ready to show off a manlier side to himself. The 27-year-old heart-throb, who is best known for playing rich, pretty boy students in hit TV dramas Boys Over Flowers (2009) and The Inheritors (2013), tells local media at a press conference Saturday afternoon that he sacrificed facial moisturizer for six months to achieve a coarser, grittier look. And that new look will debut in his upcoming noir action movie Gangnam Blues, he says, which is slated for release at the end of the year. 

"I filmed Gangnam Blues straight after The Inheritors, and I think I looked a little too well-maintained at that point. So I stopped putting lotion on my face for six months afterwards in order to look more manly," he says with a grin in Korean via a translator at the press event held at The Westin.

In Gangnam Blues, he plays a guy who gets embroiled in a power struggle and other skirmishes with a childhood best friend. The playful actor adds in jest: 
"When the movie comes out, don't be too worried about who the 'old' man in the film is. That person is definitely me."

cr Strait Times

Unconfirmed News on Movie Launch in various countries
On TW Website.. it states that Gangnam Blues will be screening from 5th Dec
From China - the movie distributor states to be on 19 Dec.
e3970d78jw1ekwjvitgrgj20f00qowi0.jpgdf418b67jw1ekvr22mnc9j20xv18g42x.jpg

Singapore is 26th Dec!  Why so late
9162be2ajw1ekwm5gmdx0j20f00qo0ua.jpg

Archived