Yoo Yeon Seok 유연석 (Upcoming Drama 2021 : Hospital Playlist S2)

kokodus

Omgosh! I think I just died and went to heaven! Thank you all for updating with those lovely GIF! Omg! Omg!! -fangirl- Them abs!
I guess the Reply 1994 crew cannot satisfy everyone...xD

@sslvlvlvss So glad to have someone here from DC! Welcome and thank you for the update <3

I'm a 94'er (you see how the number 1994 is attach to me wherever I go? I will always be reminded of it! LOL) .. very young.. but.. nothing will stop me from climbing on this fandom hehe. I'm the same age as Dohee.

~~~~~~~~~

FCxPcJh.jpg
Click here to vote!!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jongfucius

WHOA WHOA WHOA! I was surfing through YYS's DC and I found these....
3730904669_9d52b64d_3739757220_f09c58ac2
3730904669_1c752712_3739757220_44baa68e2DC
Is this really him? What drama is this? LOL. That mark on his neck is faintly visible, and those lips look like his but that fake mustache and beard is throwing me off XD 

i love yoo yeon seok's personality! he's amazing!

he's such a caring person! it was shown in epilogue 01 but it's even more obvious in epilogue 02.

i think the reason why there's a lot of clips of him shown with the other cast members is because he makes an effort on these behind-the-scene parts. like he asks questions to the other cast members so that they will have something to talk about. or like when a cast member asks him questions, he responds well.

but what i love best is how attentive he is. like when someone else is talking, he looks at that person closely.

i love his smile and laughter! it is so infectious. even though i don't know what they were talking about, i smile when he smiles and i laugh when he laughs.

i think i love him more the more i get to know about him (and i already love him a lot, so i didn't really think that was at all possible).

I was gone for the night and 100 posts already then i thought to myself something big must happened and yes, THE ABS SCENE HAPPENED. Praise the gods!
Welcome @sslvlvlvss! We have a DC Gall person here, this is so awesome! Thank you for the lovely insights about YYS. <3

Guest adniRose

soo cant wait for the subs.. watching it raw already make me giggling over his cuteness... seriously, if i'm a neutral shipper, i'll be falling for YYS in this episode though... bias aside, whatever this guy do is adowhrrable..!! you can tell he's like the vitamin among the casts... and he's like what, 29 years old..? i just cant..!!no wonder he has many cuts because apart of consolation prize thingy his scene is just entertaining to watch.. and if he's not busy with filming right now, i think he will appear in variety shows left and right.. so excited for his Taxi's appearance..and to the minority so-called-matured-fans (yeah i believe it's just minority) who's might be flipping table right now, just cant help but laughing at them.. aigoo yah, Ciders has feel worse before..lol no wonder the writer are really scared to make CB as the endgame.. they might hear the sound of knife being sharpened already, the moment they introduced CB as sa-wi, candidate no.4...:))
@sslvlvlvss welcome.. so happy to have you in here..>:D<

Guest jongfucius

@honey_bear Agreed with everything you said. YYS is such a social butterfly and I love that he interacts with each and everyone of the cast members, his outgoing personality just makes him all the more amicable.
Speaking of his infectious laugh, I can't get enough of the sound of it during his phone call NG .I keep replaying that scene over and over with a huge smile on my face. That was the first time I've ever heard him laugh such a hearty and genuine laugh, in comparison to the fake laugh he did over Na-jung's "Manna?". Everything he does makes him so lovable, I wanna hug him! 
ng6_zps89e7b18c.gif

ETA: LOL omg I backtracked and saw that @day_dreamer had posted up links to a short film he created during his military service, and I almost spat and choked on my food when I saw him at the 0:27 mark  =)) I can't believe he made a film based off of his real life experience, PWAHAHAHA. Poor oppa was so heartbroken, it was really an awful thing of his ex to do that to him though... I bet she's kicking herself in the richard simmons considering how he's turned into a "National Crush", winning over the hearts of hundreds of women out there in the world. 

Guest adniRose

somehow i really wanna see YYS play a pabo character... not literally dumb, but that naive, pure, innocent, the most kindhearted person on earth kind of character, it do sound a bit like CB coz sometimes when he smiles, he really allude that pabo vibe... :)) but at the same time, he plays another character which extremely contradict.. manly, fierce, arrogant, or evil kind of guy... maybe a drama about 2 men with a same face... but lol, too makjang right...something like what Kim SooHyun did in Secretly Greatly... i think YYS will nail it amazingly...

Guest tiffanyndo

Amidst all these articles that keep popping out left and right, it is so frustrating for people like me who don't understand Korean, so I want to say thank you, @lunagal, again and again, for sharing with us all the translations. I still can't believe you finish this interview within 2-3 days. You are awesome!

IZE Interview

Original Article Link: http://www.ize.co.kr/articleView.html?no=2014010617277215317&nbsp

Tl0lefd.png
U1nT58N.png

NUgVZRA.png
uFpNKM5.png
rNhkTwy.png

K1ZnJzD.png

Guest jongfucius

@tiffanyndo @lunagal thank you gals for all your hard work wowwww, hats off to all the translators in this fandom! Gonna post this up on the Tumblr ^^

Guest chappykoo

Go Ara reveals her first impressions of Yoo Yun Suk, who considers being on Team Trash

The second part of the epilogue special for tvN's 'Reply 1994' aired on January 10. For one section, Go Ara (Na Jung) revealed her first impression of Yoo Yun Suk (Chilbong) while they both sat in a car.

She said, "Cheap," which made Yoo Yun Suk burst into laughter before putting on a look of disappointment.

Seeing his expression, Go Ara started to turn on the aegyo as she said, "It's a joke, oppa . . . You were so cool and had a really clean-cut image. The color of milk, Yoo! Chil! Bong!" Her aegyo succeeded as Yoo Yun Suk then smiled brightly.

SEE ALSO: B1A4 release album medley teaser for their upcoming second album 'Who Am I'

However, Go Ara was not the only one who had to comfort the actor. He shared a conversation with B1A4's Baro (Binggeure) in another segment. Yoo Yun Suk asked him, "What is the significance of Chilbong?"

Baro responded, "He's just my cousin," which made Yoo Yun Suk put on a slightly sulking expression. He had to be comforted yet again, so Baro quickly said, "Nope. I'm pushing for you, hyung. I'm pushing for you to be Na Jung's husband." This was another success as Yoo Yun Suk's expression changed for the better.

Baro revealed, "Right now, we're betting on who would be Na Jung's husband. Trash (actor Jung Woo) promised that he would buy food for those on his side." Yoo Yun Suk responded, "Really? Then maybe I should be on Trash's side, too."

Baro said, "Nope. You should be betting on yourself." Yoo Yun Suk said, "Should I...?" to everyone's amusement.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/go-ara-reveals-her-first-impressions-of-yoo-yun-suk-who-considers-being-on-team-trash#axzz2q2i8k5IT

Guest tiffanyndo

1qr.gif

joj.gif

c1y.gif

Baro and KSK wanted a piece of CB, too but SHJ was like "NAGA!" :))  I guess we have a "Mr. Popular" in da house, yo ;))

But seriously, this bromance is too cute to handle >"<

Guest chappykoo

@tiffanyndo @lunagal as always,THANK YOU GIRLS!!!

sigh yeonseokssi..idk why every new articles about him is like a whole new world of yoo yeon seok for me :')

and omgosh how does he know about his fans so well?he is right on point what he said about the fans who knew him through reply begin to watch his prev works..thats exactly what we all did since we ship him in reply..and how we saw his growth as an actor and how we discussed his past works and we even tried hard to find his past works that is less known generally..

heck the fans even managed to get the videos of his theatrical play and his movie during his army life (which movie got him such an award in the army btw)..

i love him more and more the more i know him..and i noticed his answers in interviews are always dinamic..call me biased but i never get bored reading interviews about him..he has this skill of... public speaking?

Guest jongfucius

Yoo Yeon Seok makes sure his abs are fit for his shirtless 'Reply 1994' scenes in BTS clip

tumblr_inline_mz7ru9AdyA1sw7jkt.jpg

Reply 1994' released their 2nd epilogue episode on January 10, detailing NG scenes as well as BTS clips we never got to see in the actual show. One part that became quite a hot topic was of course the beloved Chilbong or Yoo Yeon Seok's shirtless scenes as the actor worked hard to make sure his body looked fit enough for the screen. 

He was shown doing crunches as well as lifts to bring out all the muscles in his arms and abs. The actor hilariously commented while in the middle of being urged on by his trainer, “What am I doing in place of sleeping,” with a grimace and a laugh.

It appeared he had nothing to worry about as he lifted his shirt after a while to see if everything looked good. Satisfied with the sculpted abs, he murmured, “It’s good, it’s good I think,” appreciating the results of his efforts before going into shoot for the shirtless scenes.

You can check out the clip for yourself here (around the 15:30 mark). 

source: allkpop 

--------------

LOL this guy never fails to make me laugh, he's got a great sense of humor and that's probably why he's dominating the BTS specials (heh "sawry" not "sawry" ala Song-yi from YFAS). No I'm kidding, but seriously, I'd love to see him appear on more variety shows because he'd be a hoot with the MCs. The first variety show I want to see him on is of course Running Man, I'm hoping that if they do consider inviting the cast of Reply 1994, YYS will be able to find some time to attend.

And that IZE interview is just amazing, my admiration for this man just keeps rising and rising. YYS-ssi keep on being the hardworking, modest, and passionate actor that you are ~ 

@lunagal and @tiffanyndo
thank you so much for the awesome interview. Reading the interview made me go some sort of a read-gasm or something. It gave me such fulfilling feels, since all those character analyses we've all been doing on Chilbong as a character are in sync with the character study done by the man himself - Yoo Yeon Seok. The writer and PD might disappoint us for not thinking too deep like what we expected them to but this awesome man by name of Ahn amazingly awesome Yeon Seok makes me proud to no end. not four, but 100 for you Yoo Yeon Seok, 100 for you. 
And yesssss, he is so right about us fans. We discovered his past works and fell in love with all those, too. Gaaaaaaaaaahhhh I may need a day to compose myself from spazzing over this amazing interview 

Would also like to extend my thanks to @lunagal and @tiffanyndo for translating and giving it the YYS touch. As always, awesome job ladies! 
Yeah, I don't think I can ever gush enough about this man. I absolutely love that he genuinely loves what he does. A lot of actors and actresses claim that they're not in it for the fame and wealth but for some reason, when YYS says it, I believe him. I just love this guy's personality. He may not be the most conventionally handsome out of all the actors I've seen but man, he just does it for me. Gahh. I hope he never stops enjoying what he does and continues to draw strength from his fans. Still thinking about what I should write for the Project. I have so many feels and things written down about Chilbongie that it reallyis hard for me to compress it and concisely express just what his character means to me. But I swear, I'll have it in before the due date! I'm so glad you ladies are putting it together because the man behind needs to know just how deeply he has touched all of our hearts. 
Can't wait for the Taxi episode tomorrow! :D

Archived