[Drama 2014] Can We Love 우리가 사랑할 수 있을까

jaiwook_08

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bacom

O.M.G @brokbsb, you're cracking me up real bad. I really look like this =)) when I see your screencaps. More please and thank you so much. You make my day brighter :)>-

Lately I cannot get out of my head the scene from episode 13, when KS takes JW to the vacation house to talk about their break-up.  This scene is just so sad and heartbreaking, I still cry. They both love each other, yet they cannot go on. I know, and many people already posted such comments as well, that JW had her reasons and she probably felt betrayed by KS at this moment (after learning that he fathered SM's child while he was showing interest in her). She just refused to explain her reasons. By doing so she hurt KS in the process. So now two souls are bleeding.
Here is the clip of the scene, taken from JTBC channel on youtube:

I found this perfect song to express their feeling in that scene: "Almost Lover", performed by A Fine Frenzy

"Almost Lover"
Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind, images
You sang me Spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes, clever trick

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me in the shade
And when you left you kissed my lips
You told me you would never ever forget these images, no

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover
Can't you just let me be?

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot try the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind

So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy to walk
Right in and out of my life?

Goodbye, my almost lover
Why can't you just let me be?

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Writer(s): Alison Sudol
Copyright: Ampstar Music, WB Music Corp.
Lyrics powered by www.musiXmatch.com

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/a-fine-frenzy/almost-lover-lyrics/

..."Did I make it that easy to walk
Right in and out of my life?"...This part is just so sad and I think is exactly what KS thought during the break up. We knew JW was suffering and hurting a lot but KS didn't know that. Whenever he saw JW afterwards, she was always okay, she never looked sad. She was acting as if everything was alright for her and this might have made KS even sadder because he was heartbroken and hurt but she looked good. She even told him "I divorced my husband of 10 years and am fine with it. Why would she be sad when I dated you for a very short time." She watched TV, laughed hard at SSK's jokes, and ate as if she hadn't eaten for days.Of course, I think KS understood that JW was also sad when he smelled alcohol in her breath. When she said "a glass" KS said "a barrel". It's good because that way KS understood JW was also sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm new in this thread. I would like to ask about Kim Hyun Joo's role in this drama.. She did a cameo role but her appearance is just too short. And I was not able to watch it yet. Can someone help me know what her role in this drama was? :)

@goLizzyKim, 

The female lead, Jung Wan is a movie scriptwriter and she was writing a scenario about the love between a director and an actress. The director/CEO of the movie company she worked for was good friends with Kim Hyun Joo so he arranged a meeting between KHJ and JW. JW interviewed her and asked her questions about the relationships of actors and directors. JW and Kyung Soo (the male lead; a director) were dating and they had just broken up. KHJ had also worked with KS before and she invited both JW and KS to lunch without knowing of "them". At the lunch, she asked questions about if KS had a girlfriend etc and made a comment that JW and KS would look good together, and unintentionally made them uncomfortable. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@iloveporkandbeans I was so shocked to get this notification that there was a post in this thread........AHHHHH.....my feels all came back to me when I saw that gif!!!!  I need to go re-watch this now....but I'm going to skip over those episodes where that richard simmons caused issues  :D  @bacom should definitely come and watch it with me again too, because @bacom really loved this drama so much!!!

:x :x :x :x  :x  YES, WE CAN LOVE!!!  :x :x :x :x :x

PeggyM said: @iloveporkandbeans I was so shocked to get this notification that there was a post in this thread........AHHHHH.....my feels all came back to me when I saw that gif!!!!  I need to go re-watch this now....but I'm going to skip over those episodes where that richard simmons caused issues  :D  @bacom should definitely come and watch it with me again too, because @bacom really loved this drama so much!!!

:x :x :x :x  :x  YES, WE CAN LOVE!!!  :x :x :x :x :x

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, CWL sisters, @iloveporkandbeans, @PeggyM, @bacom, @ymiss, @siwonshii, @nancykimlee, @asyree and many many others.Uhm Force has recently been confirmed for upcoming tvN drama "Valid Love" which is set to air in November. I'd like to invite you to watch it with us.Here's the link to its thread: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2024247/upcoming-tvn-drama-2014-valid-love-%EC%9D%BC%EB%A6%AC%EC%9E%88%EB%8A%94-%EC%82%AC%EB%9E%91-uhm-tae-woong-lee-si-young-lee-soo-hyuk-choi-yeo-jin/p1

Archived