Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 ♥ [Movie 2023] Dream [Upcoming Drama 2024] Squid Game season 2

Go Seung Ji

17 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

"Midnight Runners" had 370,182 admissions on its 6th Day.

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. It's Liberation/Independence Day in Korea TODAY, a national holiday! In South Korea it is known as Gwangbokjeol. It's celebrated annually on August 15 in both North and South Korea. It marks the liberation from Japanese imperial. I'm sure more viewers will increase during this non-working day. :tongue:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

"Midnight Runners" had 407,702 admissions on its 7th Day.

source

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this number.  The movie will be shown in 12 regions overseas.  Beginning in Indonesia on Aug. 23, the movie will also open in North America, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Britain, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines and Vietnam. I heard that it has drawn 2.7 million moviegoers since its premiere. :tongue:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

174,297 admissions achieved on 8th Day. A total of 2.9 million views up to today.

Expected to reach 3 million by tomorrow.

source

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing an update. So, to date, it's already 2.9-M. Ye, dear - I hope it will reach this high by tomorrow. I'm happy for KHN. :tongue:

Park Seojun & Kang Haneul eavesdrop audience reactions for 'Midnight Runners'!

Before they appear in front of the audience for the stage greeting, they secretly take a peek at the audience's reaction to the movie.

1502695726qz172xj7p9k5hx5h85o0.jpg

[Image Source: Park Seojun Instagram]

Park Seojun and Kang Haneul are the main cast of the new movie 'Midnight Runners.'

On August 10, Park Seojun posted a photo on his Instagram and commented, 'The laughter from the theater.. Thank you for coming.'

In the picture, Park Seojun is pressing his ear against the door and trying to listen to audience reaction. His facial expression is quite interesting! The audience must be laughing hard.

On the other hand, Kang Haneul has a blank expression, as if he is nervous about meeting the audience soon.

• 1502695737p12mnp92jjgr93q384cl.jpg

[Image Source: Lotte Entertainment]

In the movie 'Midnight Runners,' Park Seojun and Kang Haneul play passionate police university students who witness a kidnapping and launch an investigation themselves.

credit : KBS Global

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

"Midnight Runners" reaches 3 million admissions in 9 days.

source

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing another update. Wahhh.....the movie has reached 3-M already. :tongue:  This is way above its production budget of $6.13 million. "Midnight Runners" has a date for the Singapore release! It will be screened in Singapore starting September 7.   The movie will be released with Korean audio and English and Chinese subtitles.  The movie is still in the K-theater.

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

20170817001057_0.jpg

Midnight Runners
(Korea)
Opened Aug. 9
Action. Directed by Kim Joo-hwan

Ki-joon (Park Seo-joon) is a police academy cadet bursting with energy and eager to go catch the bad guys. What he lacks in thought he makes up for with action. Contrasting him is Hee-yeol (Kang Ha-neul), a fellow cadet who is timid and well versed in theory, but less savvy when it comes to the practical things. One day, the two witness a kidnapping and decides to take action. 

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this group picture. Awww...........look at their hands, they are holding up four fingers to signify 4 million viewers - celebrating for reaching 4 million ticket sales.  According to the Korea Box Office Information System from Korean Film Council, “Midnight Runners” sold over 4 million tickets as of August 21 at 7:15 p.m., within 13 days of its premiere. Isn't this impressive? Despite other good movies on the same time release  “Midnight Runners” has steadily maintained first place in the Korean box office over the weekend. Congratulations to the “Midnight Runners” team! I'm happy for KHN.  :tongue:

• Like 2

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Kang Ha Neul 강하늘 - [Current Movie: Midnight Runners: 5 Million Views] - [Military Enlistment on September 11, 2017]
10 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

"Midnight Runners" remaining stable during the 4th weekend with 107,339 admissions on Sunday.

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that the movie is still doing fine even for weeks from its release. :tongue:

• Like 1

*** I'm happy that "Midnight Runners" reclaimed second place based from those charts you posted above. From 686 screens, down from 779, "Midnight Runners" added 286,097 admissions (15.11%) to bring its total tally now to 5.3 million, or $37.3 million. That means that this action comedy overtakes "The King" as the fifth highest-grossing film of the year, does it? :tongue:

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2017.09.01 - 2017.09.03 (www.kobis.or.kr)

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "The Hitman's Bodyguard"   211 937 776 976
2 "Midnight Runners" (청년경찰) 2017/08/09 107 476 5 377 619

source : Hancinema

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing the chart + the link. :tongue: Kang Ha-neul is about to fulfill his mandatory military service soon. Sept. 11 is nearing...........on Monday, right? I hope he'll faithfully and healthily finish his duty. I know, just like others, he will enter the military without fanfare. He wants a low-key enlistment. Too bad that he has to withdraw from the drama project “Bad Guys” because of the filming schedule. So, "Midnight Runner" has become his last drama prior enlistment.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Go Seung Ji said:

You are welcome.

Yes, it will be on Monday. Hopefully, it will be a healthy and satisfying journey for him.

Kang Ha Neul has already finished filming for another movie "Night of Memory" (source). I am not sure though whether it will be released while he is doing his military service, or whether they will wait for his return.  

Go Seung Ji, oh..............I almost forgot about this other movie, thanks for the reminder. I guess this will be released while he's on-service. (2) years is long enough.....It's just that he can't promote this movie in case.....:tongue:

• Like 1

Celebrities Who Worked Part-Time Jobs Before Reaching Success

These days, it’s easy to look at a successful person and think how good their life must be. Before reaching stardom, many celebrities worked multiple part-time jobs to work their way to their dream. Here are nine celebrities who worked their way through the dirt roads to walk on the red carpet today.

2. Kang Ha Neul

Kang-Ha-Neul1.jpg

Kang Ha Neul moved from Busan to Seoul by himself with the dream of becoming an actor. Because his family wasn’t well off, they couldn’t afford the tuition of a private arts school. Not wanting to burden his parents, Kang Ha Neul worked at a convenience store, gas station, duck farm, buffet, and passed out flyers on the street. Even before becoming a college student, he earned his own living through his part-time jobs. Later, he said these became valuable experiences that helps him when acting.

Kang-Ha-Neul2.jpg

Even after he became an actor, viral photos of him circulated the internet of him barefeet and serving noodles at a restaurant. He later explained he was helping out at his father’s restaurant.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2