♡ JoU Couple ♡ :: Jo Jung Suk ♥ IU [Official Thread]

akinahana89

Guest iheartyou1518

our JJS at Face Reader press conference today~ so hot!! :) 2013081217340840418_1.jpg

2013081217282199134_1.jpg20130812_1376296782..jpg20130812_1376296711..jpg20130812173457672.jpg853076_0_500679_85837.jpg20130812173012692.jpg201308121721152010_1.jpg201308121733779158_5208a06d053f0.jpg201308121749770909_5208a207040b2.jpg130812_phsa9.jpg045b58a22a8cd84fe6c7a6ca39c8cac7.jpg20130812174944426.jpg2013081217431137_1_rstarcjy.jpgseiji20130812181631_I_02_C_1.jpg1376297476584.jpg

cr: as tagged; jjsweeter0211
how are you girls?? off to read 7 pages.. :)

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

babyviolets said:

OMG!!!I just realized something!!!*extreme overreaction*

I remember back in an interview I read for k2h, jjs and lyj used to call each other with their character's names, even off screen. JJS even continued calling LYJ princess even after the show ended. Others were so excited upon hearing this factoid, but I read it as part of method acting, which would mean their feelings , if there ever was any, would cease once the characters fade away. Sure enough, JJS already called LYJ by her actual name (yoonjissi) on the star date episode.

But what do our pabo couple call each other? Definitely not ss and jh! JJS calls iu jieuni or jieuna, while iu calls him oppa!

Hmmm...curious, very curious indeed!

LOL this reminds me of the comments Anthony Hopkins made on " method acting". 

in an interview the journalist asked him, it was reported that the cast of " Lincoln"  mostly stayed in charactor during filming ( eg: they were wearing costumes all the time) , does he do thing like that when acting?  he answered " No, I don't. There's no such thing. Well, you can do it if you want, but I don't go along with being called "Mr. Hitchcock." I think that's a lot of crap. I just don't understand that. If actors want to do that, fine. If they want to be miserable, that's up to them. I'm not interested. It's a job. I do the job. I'm certainly not going to make my life miserable just to be a character.

Q: I imagine you'd make people around you miserable as well.

Well, yes! It's a pain in the richard simmons. Who the hell wants to be with some miserable grump because he wants to get his performance right, so you have to call him this or call him that? It's so boring. I've been with actors like that and they're a pain in the richard simmons, they really are. They're unpleasant to work with and I don't think they're always that good either. I've worked with some awkward customers, fortunately not too many. I go out of my way never to work with them again."

Hahaha...it's true though, there's a lot of hype with regards to method acting to an extent where some exaggerates its application. Method acting is simply subjecting oneself into the mindset of the character they're portraying. If there is a need for you to experience the character's exp, or to change something about your physical self in order for you to be more in touch with the character, then you can...but you are in no way obliged to do that.

I understand though how most actors form the Lincoln movie needed to be in char all the time. Because its a period piece, it might be more difficult to find the correct mindset every single time, so its easier to just maintain that mindset so you won't loose the character you've already built. :)

Sorry for the ot

Guest violet9004

babyviolets said:

maejm

wrote:

»

babyviolets said:

OMG!!!I just realized something!!!*extreme overreaction*

I remember back in an interview I read for k2h, jjs and lyj used to call each other with their character's names, even off screen. JJS even continued calling LYJ princess even after the show ended. Others were so excited upon hearing this factoid, but I read it as part of method acting, which would mean their feelings , if there ever was any, would cease once the characters fade away. Sure enough, JJS already called LYJ by her actual name (yoonjissi) on the star date episode.

But what do our pabo couple call each other? Definitely not ss and jh! JJS calls iu jieuni or jieuna, while iu calls him oppa!

Hmmm...curious, very curious indeed!

LOL this reminds me of the comments Anthony Hopkins made on " method acting". <br /> Spoiler: in an interview the journalist asked him, it was reported that the cast of " Lincoln"  mostly stayed in charactor during filming ( eg: they were wearing costumes all the time) , does he do thing like that when acting?  he answered " No, I don't. There's no such thing. Well, you can do it if you want, but I don't go along with being called "Mr. Hitchcock." I think that's a lot of crap. I just don't understand that. If actors want to do that, fine. If they want to be miserable, that's up to them. I'm not interested. It's a job. I do the job. I'm certainly not going to make my life miserable just to be a character.

Q: I imagine you'd make people around you miserable as well.

Well, yes! It's a pain in the ass. Who the hell wants to be with some miserable grump because he wants to get his performance right, so you have to call him this or call him that? It's so boring. I've been with actors like that and they're a pain in the ass, they really are. They're unpleasant to work with and I don't think they're always that good either. I've worked with some awkward customers, fortunately not too many. I go out of my way never to work with them again."

i just notice that.. JJS call IU with her real name in very early stage and it rare to hear people calling IU with her real name.. they both really comfortable with each other from the beginning plus i don't know whether you guys know about this but the cast and pd go to vacation 2d1n in a resort before start shooting and maybe there they getting along with each other.. :x  (fangirl mode)

That's true! Plus, he added in the suffix -ie or -a instead of the casual -sshiwhich normally connotes a closer relationship with that person--almost like a form of endearment! Kyaaaaaaa

Guest violet9004

babyviolets said:

iu93jjang

wrote:

»

i just notice that.. JJS call IU with her real name in very early stage and it rare to hear people calling IU with her real name.. they both really comfortable with each other from the beginning plus i don't know whether you guys know about this but the cast and pd go to vacation 2d1n in a resort before start shooting and maybe there they getting along with each other..

:x

(fangirl mode)

I just finished translating another article (again lol). I hope you guys don't mind me translating Japanese articles (related to this thread) to English. Since I am taking university-level Japanese classes, I need to practice somehow, lol. Hopefully the translation isn't that awkward... and I just want to say that I never bothered to translate articles before this drama started, so I guess that's how much I like this drama (and the JoU couple), haha. Enjoy the article.
"You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" Anger, Tears, Sadness. "You're the Best, IU"i9cz.jpg
Picture = "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" screencapture

The anger, tears and then, sadness shown by singer and actress IU, showed the perfect various changes in emotions (of her acting), which impressed the audience.
In Korea on the August 11th broadcast of KBS2 TV's weekend drama, "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin", IU became angry once she learned of all the truth. She became overcome with tears as she yearned for her father. When she gave painful looks toward the family she loves so much, we can see the stability in her acting.
During that broadcast, IU who acted the role of Soon Shin, fell into a panic, once she found out about the truth behind her father's car accident. Her biological mother (Song Mi Ryung, acted by Lee Mi Sook) asked Soon Shin to save her, even as Mi Ryung knew she should've told her the truth behind Soon Shin's father's death. Furthermore, the fact that Mi Ryung kept this truth to herself made Soon Shin even more angry.
However, Soon Shin became even more angry at Mi Ryung's behavior. When Mi Ryung tried to hold back Soon Shin as she was leaving the house, Soon Shin said, "Go to my family and ask for forgiveness. Then, I want you to help catch the criminal." Mi Ryung replied, "I can't. I can't do that. Do you know what sort of emotions I went through to build my reputation now? To destroy all of that now is something I can't do." Showing her attachment to her popularity, she refused to apologize.
Soon Shin angrily said in response, "You're too much! Even though you had so many chances to tell me (the truth), how could be so shameless while laughing? You called me your daughter, while you kept quiet about my father? You've never once thought about apologizing? Do you know how much pain my family had to go through?" She also shouted, "Do you know what my father's existence meant to me? You're really cruel. People like you are too frightening. Is this (your reputation) so important that you're desperate to the point of keeping this to yourself? I don't even want to touch your hand. And now, thinking about how someone like you gave birth to me, makes me feel sick!"
As IU was in the process of crying in anger and as she grind her teeth from the thought of betrayal, she was astonished (at what had happened). At last, even as her mother (Mi Ryung) opened up her heart about the truth, the praiseworthy expressions and emotions shown by Soon Shin, who felt betrayed,  got the audience's attention.
After that, while yearning for her late father that made her cry, IU once again was impressive. While yearning for her father, who was her pillar of strength, her appearance as she cried, was enough to make the audience (who was watching) cry. Her appearance as she sobbed, sitting on the park bench, she moved (the audience) to tears.
Furthermore, to mother that raised her, the sisters who she grew up with, and to her grandmother. Lee Soon Shin, who could only be sympathetic to the people she loves as she sadly looked at them, gave us (the audience) a reason to concentrate more on the drama.
Right now, "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" is hurriedly approaching the last episode. After this, only 4 episodes remain in "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin". As the drama progresses, IU who has swept away (those who) have questioned and doubted her acting, it's now become a situation where they now have seen how stable her acting has become. With not much time remaining until the conclusion of "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin", shouldn't we now have the confidence to say, "You're the Best, IU"?
Original Article Date and Time: 2013/08/12, 7:29 - Reporter: Kim Kyung Joo
[original jpn source]

@iheartyou1518
please allow me to quote another one of your posts:
iheartyou1518 said:@jihanjannah i think i know now ,why you love JH...
tumblr_mp86oySZSK1qlf8j4o4_250.gif he wipes away your tearstumblr_mp86oySZSK1qlf8j4o5_250.gif he tucks you in at nighttumblr_mp86oySZSK1qlf8j4o3_250.gif he gives you strengthtumblr_mp2uts1P1c1ql46ngo5_250.gif he's playful 
tumblr_mp2uts1P1c1ql46ngo1_250.gif keeps his promise
tumblr_mp2uts1P1c1ql46ngo2_250.gif he only looks at you
tumblr_movqnqpBJt1qdafhgo2_r1_250.gif he cares for you
tumblr_molq25stCL1ralx17o7_250.gif he cheers you up
tumblr_molq25stCL1ralx17o8_250.gif and tell you, you're beautiful..
cr: gifs to owner

8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

another thing that got me curious:
JJS and IU both appeared as guest on mama mia yesterday, right? It was assumed that the filming was done either before or after the YTBLSS shoot as LJH was still wearing the same top as in one of the scenes. why then was there a need to question them separately at separate locations (though i think it was only one building)? hmm...

Archived