[Drama 2013/2014] King's Family | Wang's Family 왕가네 식구들

conankung

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kooriyuki Thanks so much for a very good overview of the first 4 episodes. I totally agree, Mom giving HB a huge smile at the end of ep 4 is so creepy. Can't wait to find out what she wants from HB.

We have a new addition to the cast. Kim Yoon Kyung (I'm not familiar with her. Apparently she's worked with the PD in his previous drama.) will play a character named Eun Mi Ran. She's a mysterious character whose identity is still unknown.

5JgYMQc.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201309110932402510

@laquetahodge thanks for the comment at my blog! yup, it's 50 (omg) and I already had trouble with trying to do Goddess of Marraige (keeps procrastinating that). plus, there's going to be some changes in my real life, which i'm not sure how often i can blog from work (heehee). And i'm SERIOUSLY lazy when it comes to taking screencaps =X but I'll try. For the love of Han Joo Wan! :P
@conankung she's 79er, which makes her older than Han Joo Wan in real life, if she is supposed to play the ex, but way too young to play that eluvive Mom of his. But she looks young enough to play the ex.Wait, I remember something that I read from the character description of Se Dal. He will meet a rich girl and his life will change...This is her? Is he going to cheat on Ho-bak????

laquetahodge said: @kooriyuki No problem, as a fellow blogger I love to have someone comment. I get a lot of silent lurkers and I'm sure you do too lol

kooriyuki said: conankung said: You might be on to something here @kooriyuki. I think that's it. The rich girl who'll have an encounter with Se Dal. I don't want to see HB's life gets more miserable. She's so pitiful as it is.

laquetahodge said: GOM is ONLY being extended because the drama that's suppose to air after it, Thrice Married Woman, is having casting issues. The writer is being really picky about the female lead. So far they've gone through about 3 or 4 actresses. Han Ga In and a few others. Apparently when they went in for a script reading, it was actually an audition and the writer axed them on the spot. Haven't checked up on casting yet, I hope they've gotten someone but judging from GOM's extension I'd say no.

Guest NEWMARIO

• Oh Hyun-kyung vs. Lee Tae-ran, All Bitter Feelings Break Loose
  • [2013-09-11]
  • 1892_5049_l.jpg
  •  An infected wound is bound to burst. The Wang sisters Oh Hyun-kyung and Lee Tae-ran exploded with emotion as past differences and pain piled up inside broke loose. In the third episode of King's Family (written by Moon Young-nam, directed by Jin Hyung-wook, produced by Dream E&M) which aired September 7th, the sister's bitter feelings against each other finally exploded, and the viewers' rating exploded as well. The episode recorded 21.2% nationwide according to AGB Nielson Korea, reaching 1st place out of weekend dramas, proving the attention viewers have been putting on the new drama. In the third episode, the eldest daughter Wang Soo-bak (played by Oh Hyun-kyung) and second daughter Wang Ho-bak (played by Lee Tae-ran) start expressing the hurt and anger they feel for one another, forecasting rising tension between the sisters. Wang Soo-bak discovers that her husband's company has gone bankrupt through Lee Tae-ran's husband Huh Se-dal (played by Oh Man-suk) and Wang Don (played by Choi Dae-chul). Instead of worrying about her husband, she is more worried about her mother's 60th birthday party and how she will look for her friends, making her husband Go Min-joong (played by Jo Sung-ha) worry even more. Wang Ho-bak was reprimanded by their mother Lee Ang-geum (played by Kim Hae-sook) who yelled at her for not letting Go Min-joong tell Wang Soo-bak himself. She went to cheer her sister up with some food, but her sister in turn, yelled at her for not letting her know beforehand. Ho-bak exploded after her sister threw down the food she brought to her, yelling, "You don't know how it feels to be me! You're always the one Mom loves more! Do you know how it feels to be the neglected child?" However, Soo-bak also expressed what was inside her heart with a glare, saying "You don't think I have any bitter feelings towards you? I received a lot of hurt from you too!" Old feelings have exploded putting the Wang sisters against each other while the audience was left curious what the bitter feeling Soo-bak has against her sister was.
    http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/behind_view.html?tv_code=20&behind_code=1892

laquetahodge said: We know that Soo Bak has some ill feelings against Ho Bak, but from episode 2 we know that she has something in her past she's hiding. I want to say birth secret like she had a child in secret and Ho Bak is actually raising one, but that can't be. The mom would have known if she was pregnant and we know Ho Bak was the one who had got pregnant before getting married. I really want to know what Soo Bak did in her past that she's trying to hide and leaves her feeling bitter against her sister. 

Yoonji's tweet from yesterday. She met up with her best friend, comedian Park Ji Seon, who was recording her program across the hall from King's Family.

BT-EbpACAAAz95a.jpg

YOONJI LEE@dancingmulgogi

일하는현장에서 나의친구를 마주한다는건 정말 큰힘. 복도를사이에두고 '풀하우스'와 '왕가네식구들'이 녹화중인걸알고 소리를지르며달려가만났다! 지짱~~보고팠어♥

Guest samasta93

laquetahodge said: We know that Soo Bak has some ill feelings against Ho Bak, but from episode 2 we know that she has something in her past she's hiding. I want to say birth secret like she had a child in secret and Ho Bak is actually raising one, but that can't be. The mom would have known if she was pregnant and we know Ho Bak was the one who had got pregnant before getting married. I really want to know what Soo Bak did in her past that she's trying to hide and leaves her feeling bitter against her sister. 

Archived