[Drama 2013] Answer Me 1994 / Reply 1994 응답하라 1994

StaRix

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chingu ya !! :x this is my first post here as I just finished watching reply 1994. I know it's kinda late hahaha but I want to say this drama is so daebakk! I've been watching kdrama since many years ago and this one is really unique. The plot, the characters, etc. Love them so much. I was so curious to the death to know who will end up with Na Jeong. Since the beginning it's already seem that trash will be with her and I also shipped them hehehe but as time gone by chilbong was really sweet and I was touched by his kindness, therefore I wished he will be with NJ. Sorry to trash and NJ shippers hehe second lead syndrome is detected :D but overall I still love this drama, I cried and laughed a lot while watching. Surely gonna rewatch this later kkkkk ;)

One more thing, the soundtracks are also awesome. I always listening to them everyday lol. :x

Guest dvdreply1994

Details for Blu-ray (Advance payment)

Blu-ray (YES24): http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/12185057    (Open now!)

Blu-ray ordering period has been extended until Monday the 10th of March 2014.

Price: 220,000 Won (Korean currency) 

Although Worldwide shipping is available, YES24 website is a Korean website. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please refer to the following link about how to order on YES24: http://ss501ode.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/how-to-register-on-yes24-for-intl-fans.html

Details for DVD (Advance payment)

DVD (Innolife): Website will open on Thursday morning, the 20th of February until Thursday the 20th of March 2014.

Price: 132,000 Won (Korean currency)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

1.       Advance payments.

a.       The website link for the Blu-ray (YES24) for overseas fans will become available on Feb 20. 2014. 0:00 AM (Local time in Korea).
http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/12185057

i.      The website will only be accessible through the link that we provide you. You won’t be able to search it from general web portals.

ii. Paypal is not available on YES24.

b. The website link for DVD (Innolife) for overseas fans will become available tomorrow morning.

c.      Estimated release date is late April or May

d.       Foreign credit cards can be used

e.      If the demand of 1000 is not met for the Blu-ray, the refund will be processed immediately. After the cancellation of Blu-ray, if you wish to purchase the DVD instead, you will have to put in a new order.

f.        We will send you another reminder email with the website link to notify you as soon as you can start making advance payments.

g.       Purchases can be made even if you did not participate in our global demand survey.

i. We will update you regularly on how many people have ordered.

2.       Bonus packs for Advance payments

a.       If there are Unreleased O.S.Ts, these will be provided as part of the Bonus pack for people who take part in the advance payments.

b.      800 postcards signed by the actors and director has be provided as part of the Bonus pack. Autograph on the postcard is sent out at random between the first 400 DVD buyers and first 400 Blu-ray buyers. Unfortunately for the overseas buyers, the postcard will not be provided through DVD bought overseas through Innolife. Overseas Blu-ray buyers are eligible as long as they are the one of the first 400 buyers.

c.       Extra components of the bonus pack is still in discussion.

d.      We are working towards releasing unrevealed photoshoots as a part of the Special Features, not just as a bonus pack.

The approximate details of what deleted scenes have been included will be revealed early March.

Special Features

a.       Commentaries (Episode 8 and 17): Director Shin, Go Ara, Jung Woo, Kim Sung-Kyun, Do Hee.

b.      Interviews:  Director Shin, Go Ara, Jung Woo, Kim Sung-Kyun, Yoo Yeon-Suk, Sohn Ho-Joon, Baro, Do Hee.

c.       Couple interviews: Na-Jung & Jae-Joon (Nareki), Sung-Kyun & Yoon-Jin (Poman)

d.      Special features include Bloopers, commentaries, interviews and making. We are aiming for the special features to be up to 500 minutes in total. The details of the special features will be revealed once the editing is complete.

e. Reply 1994 Concert will not be included in the Special features due to copyright reasons

f. All episodes and special feature clips will not have logos (including “Reply1994” and “tvN”

4.       DVD: Advance payments

a.       When: Feb 20 – Mar 20, 2014

b.      Cost: 132,000 Won

c.       Website: Innolife

d.     Image quality: 480p

e. Number of discs. 14

f.       Region code: 3

5.       Blu-ray: Advance payments

a.       When: Feb 20 – Mar 10, 2014

b.      Cost: 220,000 Won

c.       Website: Yes 24

d.      Image quality: Episodes: 1080p/ bloopers and others: 1080i.

e.   Number of discs: 13

f.      Sound: 2.0 channel

g.        Region code: A or 1

6.       No subtitles will be inserted

7.       There will be no fees for the cancellation or refunds.

If you have any further questions, please email us or visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/dvdreply1994

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Korea Communication Standards Commission Cautions “Reply 1994″ For Cursing
Resize1994-800x450.jpg

The Korea Communication Standards Commission have been very busy lately. Only recently the commission called upon music show staff members to caution them against overtly sexy Girl Groups being allowed on air. This time the commission has its eye set on another culprit, last years smash hit drama series “Reply 1994,” issuing the show with a caution for cursing.

In a rather belated decision, the Korea Communication Standards Commission issued a caution towards tvN’s for “Reply 1994” during the KCSC’s general meeting held on February 20. The caution was issued for the show breaking Rule 90, Article 51 (Usage of Language on TV),  Clause 3, Section 2 (Acceptable Range). In simpler terms, the show aired a scene that showed the main cast swearing during a time slot that forbids such language being used (Handily called the Youth Safeguard Time Slot). People from the UK will be familiar with this concept, more commonly known over there as the “Watershed.”

As for the actual episode that caused this caution, the KSCS states that it was during Episode 5 when Sam Cheon Po(Played by Kim Sung Kyun) ate the snakes given to Yoon Jin (Played by Do Hee) by Seo Taji. The scene then involved Yoon Jin strangling Sam Cheon Po, threatening him with scissors and cursing liberally at him. The other scenes that also contributed to this caution include a scene from Episode 13, where Joon Jin once again strangled and swore at Sam Cheon Po when she didn’t get her scholarship. Finally there was Episode 16 where Trash (Played by Jung Woo) was fighting with Si Won (Played by Eun Ji) about the pros and cons of lady’s figures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vwk5lfu2LzQ

Soompi
:-SS  :-SS

Guest dvdreply1994

23775B4853056FD8055C2F

We have great news to share with you!

The demand of 1000 for the Reply 1994 Extended Edition Blu-ray has been met, thus the Blu-ray production has been confirmed!
This is the first Korean Drama available on Blu-ray!

Also all commentaries and interviews have taken place as planned.

Commentaries: Episode 8 - Director Shin, Kim Sung-Kyun and Do Hee
                       Episode 17 - Director Shin, Go Ara and Jung Woo
Interviews: Director Shin, Go Ara, Jung Woo, Kim Sung-Kyun, Yoo Yeon-Suk, Sohn Ho-Joon, Baro and Do Hee
Couple interviews: Na-Jung & Jae-Joon (Nareki), Sung-Kyun & Yoon-Jin (Poman)

Details for Blu-ray (Advance payment/Reservation)

Blu-ray (YES24): http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/12185057
Blu-ray ordering period has been extended until Monday the 10th of March 2014.
Price: 220,000 Won (Korean currency)
Region code: 1 or A
Image quality: Episodes: 1080p // Special features: 1080i.

Although Worldwide shipping is available, YES24 website is a Korean website. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please refer to the following link about how to order on YES24: http://ss501ode.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/how-to-register-on-yes24-for-intl-fans.html

Details for DVD (Advance payment/Reservation)

DVD (Innolife): http://shop.innolife.com/item.php?grp=1&cid=76&iid=189328 (Open now)
DVD ordering period has been extended until Monday the 31st of March 2014.
Price: 132,000 Won (Korean currency)
Region code: 3
Image quality: 480p

If you have any further questions, please email us on dvdreply1994@gmail.com  or visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/dvdreply1994

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"A Pink’s Eunji Compliments Tiny-G’s Dohee on Her “Upgraded” Satoori in “Reply 1994″
eunji_dohee.jpg

On March 2, A Pink’s Jung Eunji and Tiny-G’s Dohee appeared as guests on SBS’s “1000 Songs Challenge.” The rest of the A Pink members made guest appearances as well. 

Sometime during the show, MC Lee Hwi Jae asked Eunji and Dohee, “Eunji and Dohee have both appeared on ‘Reply 1997’ and ‘Reply 1994,’ respectively. What do you both think of each other?” 

Jung Eunji said, “When I spoke with director Shin Won Ho over the phone, he told me, ‘There’s a girl who’s really similar to you. She’s not coy or anything, but she uses her satoori exactly the way it is. I think it’s going to be entertaining.’ When I watched the show, it really was amazing. Although she wouldn’t be able to use it on broadcast, she uses an upgraded form of satoori. I was very impressed and enjoyed it.” 

At this, Dohee shared, “I watched ‘Reply 1997’ four times. I’m also an A Pink fan. I am very grateful.”  

jungeunji_dohee.jpg

Soompi

Eunji and Dohee talk about each other's respective 'Reply' characters
A-Pink-Eunji-Tiny-G-Dohee_1393806552_af_

Eunji and Dohee had nothing but praises for each other!
Both were guests on SBS' 'Challenge 1000 Song', and MC Lee Hwi Jae said, "Both Eunji and Dohee were on 'Reply 1997' and 'Reply 1994', respectively. It's a unique relationship. What did you two think about each other?"
Eunji replied, "When I was on the phone with Director Shin Won Ho, he told me, 'There's someone exactly you. She doesn't try to act coy or anything. She just uses satoori as it is. It's going to be fun'. When I saw her for real, she was daebak. I don't think she can say it on broadcast, but she used upgraded satoori. It was really impressive and fun."
Dohee replied, "I also watched 'Reply 1997' about 4 times. I'm also an A Pink fan. I'm so thankful."
allkpop

[Weekender] Deja vu

Nostalgia for ’90s sparks retro culture boom

The 1990s were a culturally vibrant decade that saw the birth of the legendary boy band Seo Taiji and Boys and first-generation idols like H.O.T. and Sechs Kies. It was the beginning of what we now call K-pop, and a period when Korean popular culture, especially movies and TV dramas, made great strides both in style and content. 

The decade is often hailed as Korea’s cultural heyday and continues to inspire popular culture. 

The culture of the ’90s first re-entered the Korean mainstream with the movie “Architecture 101,” released in March 2012. The story about a man and a woman recalling their first love at college in the ’90s took viewers on a nostalgic journey. The model house on Jejudo Island that the male protagonist built for his first love became an instant tourist attraction. The 1990s songs featured in the movie became popular again, offering viewers in their late 30s and early 40s a chance to reimmerse themselves in ’90s sentiment. 

After the success of the movie, a string of TV dramas, movies and songs followed. The recent hit TV drama series “Answer Me 1997” and “Answer Me 1994” made ’90s culture not just a subject of nostalgia, but an attractive cultural product. 
20140307001326_0.jpg
Achieving the highest viewership among cable channels, the “Answer Me” series gave viewers in their 30s and 40s a chance to reminisce. But it was also entertaining for the younger generations. 

Songs featured in the drama topped major music charts. Seo Taiji and Boys’ “To You (Neo-ae-gae),” released in 1993, was remade by Sung Si-kyung and included on the drama’s original soundtrack. Another ’90s hit song, “With You,” reappeared on the music charts as a cover version sung by the boy group B1A4. 

The ’90s revival has been seen in other fields as well. In fashion, overalls, bulky sweatshirts and hip-hop-style jeans reminiscent of ’90s fashion have made a comeback. In K-pop, the three-member group Koyote, which debuted in 1998, rejuvenated ’90s nostalgia with their EP titled “1999” that highlighted the distinct fashion of the time. 

Why is the 1990s making a comeback in pop culture? 

“People have always wished to revive the good memories of their youth. For older generations, the 1990s culture is a comfort,” said culture critic Suh Byung-kee. 

Those who grew up in the ’90s are now in their early 40s. They constitute the largest group of economically active people and are major consumers of cultural products. 

“Answer Me 1994,” which aired from October to December 2013, successfully drew them into the world they remembered. Major events in the everyday life of each character were portrayed in detail. One episode showed how people reacted to the collapse of Sampoong Department Store, the most popular and luxurious shopping center in Seoul at the time. People couldn’t call their friends and family members with a cellphone because most didn’t have one. Instead, they paged each other. At a concert of the legendary folk singer Kim Kwang-seok, the audience heard the tragic news from the singer in the middle of the show.

“Those details instantly took viewers back in time to the 1990s,” Suh said. 

Nostalgia wasn’t the only reason why “Answer Me 1994” and “Answer Me 1997” were huge hits. Another factor was their links with the present, according to culture critics. The drama showed what the characters would become when they were in their 40s and how each important moment in their lives determined their future. 

“Female fans who go crazy over Seo Taiji and Boys and other idol groups don’t just end up being crazy fans. They later become writers for TV productions, anchors and art curators. And what they were madly into in their teenage years started to make sense when looking at what they are doing now,” said Suh. 

Not every TV drama, movie and song featuring retro culture has become a hit. 

Koyote’s “1999” didn’t draw as much attention as the group expected. The movie “Boiling Youth” lost the popularity battle against “Miss Granny” although both movies, released on the same day in January, featured the same retro culture code. While “Boiling Youth” depicted the lives of troubled teenagers in a suburb in Korea, “Miss Granny,” set in the present, portrayed an old woman who suddenly becomes physically young and lives the life she always wanted. “Miss Granny” attracted more than 6 million viewers while “Boiling Youth” had just over 1 million. 

“Retro should not just remain a trend that existed in the past. It should mean something to the current generations as well,” said culture critic Jung Duk-hyun. 

Culture critics say the recent success of movies and dramas based in the 1990s has to do with sentiments that everyone has felt before or is longing to feel. In “Answer Me 1994,” college students from each province live in a “hasukjib,” or boarding house. They create friendships and close ties like those of a family as they live together. 

Jung said the retro phenomena was no longer a one-time trend, but would be frequently appear in popular culture in the future. 

“The retro boom is not a fad anymore. It will be constantly featured in popular culture as long as people wish to feel young, reminisce nostalgically and discover values they’ve been missing,” said Jung.

Suh predicts another retro boom based on the 2000s. 

“It will show completely different points of view and trends because what young generations shared in the 2000s is totally different,” he said. 

By Lee Woo-young (wylee@heraldcorp.com) | korean herald

The last one from our main cast  in confirm a new project has finally announced the news ... 
Jung Woo to star in new film
20140310000236_0.jpg
Actor Jung Woo renowned for his role in the popular television drama series “Reply 1994,” will star in a new film “C’est Si Bon.”
Set in the eponymous live music cafe in Mugyo-dong, downtown Seoul, the film will portray the romantic lives of young people who lived in the 1970s and’80s.
The movie revolves around the formation of legendary folk duo Twin Folio which was fictionalized as originally a trio.
Jung Woo will play the young Geun-tae while actor Kim Yoon-suk will portray the older Geun-tae in the film. Geun-tae is the third member of the folk trio in this film.
Actresses Han Hyo-joo and Kim Hee-ae will appear along with Jung Woo. The film will be directed by Kim Hyun-suk and is expected to be shown this winter. 
Source : http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=153054
Jung Woo in "C'est Si Bon" with Han Hyo Joo
Actor Jeong Woo is co-starring in the movie "C'est Si Bon" with Han Hyo-joo this time.
This movie is about a man's unforgettable first love and the classical guitar music played back in the days in a music class called C'est Si Bon.
It's the rebirth of "C'est Si Bon and Friends", a movie that aroused the retro trend once again in 2011. Based in the music class C'est Si Bon which created artists like Jo Yeong-nam, Yoon Hyeong-joo, Song Chang-sik, Lee Jang-hee and others, this movie is about the behind story of legendary duet Twin Polio and their muse.
Starting off with the assumption that Twin Polio actually started off as a trio, Han Hyo-joo and Kim Hee-ae have been cast to play the role of Min Ja-yeong, who is the muse to Oh Geun-tae, Jeong Woo and Kim Yoon-seok.
Jeong Woo who gained mass popularity through "Answer Me 1994" with Ko Ah-ra, Han Hyo-joo from "Masquerade", Kim Yoon-seok from "The Thieves" and Kim Hee-ae from the movie "Elegant Lies" take on the role of one character each, expressing 20 years of time.
This movie is directed by Kim Hyeon-seok from "Cyrano Agency" and other romantic comedies and the movie starts filming in May.
Source : http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-woo-in-c-est-si-bon-with-han-hyo-joo-66861.html

Archived