Dramas you WOULDN'T recommend?

Guest NS Yoonji

I shouldn't say the same old things, right?
But I'd also say... 
Fashion King (it could win the award for my most hated drama), BigDr. Jin (I've only finished watching that one for Lee Beom Su. I was actually forwarding the rest of the drama), Feast of the Gods (I hated all the characters in that drama. Yeah, I wasn't crazy about Haemil either), Don't Hesitate (speaking of Haemil...)A Thousand KissesColor of a Woman (They had Jae Hee and Shim Ji Ho and they didn't know what to do with both of them, but it helped me discover Shim Ji Ho)Cinderella's Sister (I love the OST, though...)King of Baking (but it helped me discover Joo Won)Dream High 2 (I still feel bad for Jinwoon)BOF (I watched it only because of all the fuss over it. That was my last time watching a drama because of the fuss)Coffee HouseExhibition of FireworksLie to Me (I don't have anything against the actor, I actually liked his latest drama)My Princess (because of Song Seung Hoon's acting and I really dislike Kim Tae Hee - I think she is the only actress I dislike)Mary Stayed Out All NightStyle
May Queen and Five Fingers weren't also among my favorite dramas. May Queen was lucky with the cast. I wasn't crazy about Hooray for Love either... or Birdie Buddy... or My Girl (I didn't even like Lee Dong Wook in that one - way too feminine for my taste)
I felt embarassed while watching The Thousandth Man (but I kept watching in order to support Chun Hee) and I Love Lee Tae Ri.
On the other hand, I didn't hate Love Rain, 7th Grade Civil Servant and Wild Romance (I loved watching Dong Ah and manager Kim). They don't enter my top 10 or more dramas, but I like diversity in my dramas, so I appreciated what was different about them. I think 7th grade and Wild Romance would have made etter sitcoms than dramas but, as you might have noticed it wasn't my call. I suppose I was the only one who like the 70's in Love Rain and got bored during the last part of the drama. In Secret Garden I liked that Hyun Bin's character wasn't the tyoe who thought everything was possible if they loved each other... at least for a moment...
EDIT: Wow... there are so many dramas that I disliked...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wisteria7

7rfei said: Big, Fashion King, Dr.Jin --No explanations needed. Though reading the recaps was fun.
Faith-- Bored to tears. Loved MH at the time but still can't get pass ep. 2. 
L7CS-- Let's just say this drama never existed. JW had no part in this drama and never will be.  
BOF-- I remembered watching it but only remembered the beginning and the ending. GHS's facial expressions  ^#(^

Guest sicknine

I forgot to add two more : Myung Wol The Spy. I don't know why I didn't like it but I watched it until finish. It doesn't even funny. Well, Lee Jin Wook was in in there but his character very shadow. You almost won't even noticed him :))
Another one is Heartstrings. Plain boring. The ending is so rushing. From that moment, I never wanted to see Yong Hwa on screen other than singing. He's a great singer but not a great actor. His face expression remain the same in every scene. 

Guest shkwords

@Hannahmiriam Quote, "I felt embarassed while watching The Thousandth Man (but I kept watching in order to support Chun Hee)"
Me too. Sole reason I watch The Thousand Man is to watch Chun Hee's acting. The plot is boring. The actresses (the female lead and the other foxes) were so-so. Woohyun's acting is just ok. 
I just started to watch Cyrano Dating Agency to watch Chun Hee, Junsu's appa (Lee Jong Hyuk) and Soo Young. 
@sicknine I didn't really Myungwol The Spy but I like the OST though. The one Bobby Kim sang. "The person that I shouldn't fall in love with in this world. I'm afraid that it would be you"
Dramas that I feel kind of regret watching and most of them I stopped watching after few episodes;My GirlFashion KingWhen A Man LovesJang Ok JungMissing You (I like to watch Yeo Jin Goo and Kim So Hyun's part though)Personal TasteTake Care of Us, CaptainFantasy Couple
Dramas that I surprisingly enjoyed (but I not enough re-watch them again);Romance TownThe Man Who Can't Get Married (I kinda waited for each new episode)9 Ends 2 OutA Thousand KissesA Gentleman's DignityAll-In

Fashion King
Big
May Queen
Heart Strings
Dr. Jin
Faith
Mary Stayed Out All Night
My Princess
Loving You a Thousand Times
Playful Kiss
My Love, Butterfly Lady (ep 1- 20 were great and then took a bad turn)
Panda and Hedgehog
Dramas that I got bored with and never finished, but they weren't that terrible: City Hunter, Protect the Boss, Level 7 Civil Service, Myung Wol the Spy, Flower Boy Next Door, and Personal Taste

Speaking of personal taste, everyone has their own taste in dramas so sometimes you just got to try them yourself and ignore what everyone else says.  Expect for Fashion King, I think we all agree that drama was a total train wreck.  Some dramas are aimed at a particular age group so that may be why some don't like them.  Secret Garden is one of my all time favorites so I was surprised to see it listed by a couple of people.  BOF is listed as a not see by some, but you should maybe see it just because it is referenced so much.  Its been long enough now that it has died down a lot, but for awhile to get so many inside jokes you had to see BOF.  The first 11 episodes are very good, and then it gets draggy.

ok here we go Glass Mask: worst ending ever! no real revenge, but forgiveness for someone who tried to kill u and torture your life!

temptation of wife: ridiculous ending, u forgive someone who tried to kill u and send off their ashes, give the villain cancer and that clears her of her evilness! what?

Don't Hesitate: revenge sucked, forgiveness in the end, felt bad for betraying the dude, he deserved it

BOF: just stupid, stupid acting my Gu Hye sun, I wanted to slap her in every episode!

You're Beautiful : come on what girl falls for a guy who is a jack richard simmons , and leave the nice angelic guy behind, GO MI NAM is stupid

MAY Queen: this show sucks, the guy kills himself in the end, female leads gets abused the whole show, waste of time,

Guest NS Yoonji

leegary said:

ok here we go Glass Mask: worst ending ever! no real revenge, but forgiveness for someone who tried to kill u and torture your life!

temptation of wife: ridiculous ending, u forgive someone who tried to kill u and send off their ashes, give the villain cancer and that clears her of her evilness! what?

Don't Hesitate: revenge sucked, forgiveness in the end, felt bad for betraying the dude, he deserved it

BOF: just stupid, stupid acting my Gu Hye sun, I wanted to slap her in every episode!

You're Beautiful : come on what girl falls for a guy who is a jack richard simmons , and leave the nice angelic guy behind, GO MI NAM is stupid

MAY Queen: this show sucks, the guy kills himself in the end, female leads gets abused the whole show, waste of time,

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Everyone hates Gu Hye Sun. I am not the only one. Doesn't she have another facial expression than the one she ALWAYS show everywhere on the screen? =))

Someone mentioned Coffee House. Actually I like that drama, eventhough other characters were meh, but the female lead, Seo Eun Young (Park Siyeon) was one of my favourite female character in a drama. And I watched Color of Woman merely because Jae Hee oppa. I watched it while laughing at their stupidity.

Guest rntheatre

1. Fashion King - I'm not surprised that this drama topped the list. I watched this drama from the first to the last episode without skipping (a testament) in hopes that the protagonist will get the justice that he is due. But, alas, it didn't happen. All of the elements are tragic. Love? Either a one way love OR love that revolves around money. Justice? No justice, whatsoever. Talent? If you got talent but poor, you'll end up to nothing OR as the drama depicts, being gunned down to the head in your own swimming pool after being dumped by someone you love that you thought loves you too. After watching this debacle, I almost threw my laptop to the fireplace and got out of the house to punch the hell out on the person that I'll see first in the street. Watch it, and you will feel that rage that you have never felt before in your life.
2. When A Man Loves - dropped this drama on it's 6th episode. SSK's active is flat (similar to her acting in Fashion King), the plot seems to follow the story line of Fashion King. If your frustrations and angst in life are still not enough, watch this drama. I guarantee that your drum of half-full of frustrations will be filled by this drama, if not more.
3. Dr. Jin - not knowing the full title of this drama signifies that this is a bad drama. I mean, the storyline is flat like a piece of bond paper on the table. Dropped this drama after its 4th episode. You want a better time-travel like drama? Watch Queen In Hyun's Man.
3. Queen of Ambition - How can some writer and director ALLOW that the protagonist be bashed on all the episodes that I watched???? Greed knows no bounds. By episode 7, I could not take it anymore.
4. Iris 2 - Stopped watching this drama after it's 5th episode. There is just no comparison with between this and the first one, even if Iris had a tragic ending. The first one is just jampacked of action and mystery and that's what makes it magical. It keeps you guessing, it keeps you thinking on whom to trust. However, the sequel miserably fails. Why? You know that somewhere along the drama, the protagonist will lose his memory, that it will almost follow the storyline of the first one. They should have stuck with the Original cast and continued from there, right? I mean, being shot at the head is not fatal in dramas. In real life, there are instances that you still live after being shot in the head. If protagonist still live after being hit and crushed by a dump truck inside a telephone booth, why not the protagonist being shot in the head.
5. Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek - No genius here. No genius.
6. Ohlala Couple - What a waste. 
At the moment, those are mostly on the top of my head.
So dramas that I feel neutral about. We all have that dramas, right? After watching it you have mixed emotions and you can't really tell if you are happy or sad? May contain SPOILERS!
My neutral feel dramas:
1. Bad Guy - Good story line. Good acting. Definitely nice drama. But, why die in the end?2. City Hunter - Yeah, good action, etc. After that, I was like "That drama? Yeah.."3. Big - they really messed up the ending. So yeah.4. Faith - Yeah that drama.5. Can love become Money6. Incarnation of Money7. Level 7 Civil Servant8. My love madame Butterfly
Now my top of the list drama!
1. Secret Garden - the first drama that made me cry. I can't believe it. I never cry but this one, tears just fell down of my emotionless eyes. Remember the scene where Hyun Bin took away the comatose body of Ha Ji Won? Then at the car he went out and spoke his goodbyes and then went towards the storm? Tears fell. My wife was so shocked. SHOCKED! I watched this drama around 10 times without skipping. So top honors go to this.
2. Roof Top Prince - I must say that jostling for second spot are some of the best dramas but I chose this. One of the most entertaining and feel good dramas of all time.
2. Jumong - How can I ever forget Jumong???? Even when I was on duty in the hospital when I was a student I'll tell my clinical instructor to all of us go home because Jumong will be coming up after 2 hours. Tied in second place.
3. Gu Family Book - I know this is early. There might be a disaster at the end, but as of this moment, I'll ranked it here at third. I mean the second ranked up to the last one are very very close that they could be interchanged all together. This is a good drama.
4. Baker Kim Tak Gu - Hmmm... I don't like how the couple ended up BUT this is such a good drama that I am willing to forgive them. I'm not a person who easily forgives.
4. Queen In Hyun's Man - nicely written, nicely directed. Everything is NICE!
5. Equator Man
6Gentleman's Dignity
7. King 2 Hearts, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Iris, Arang and the Magistrate (close to neutral but I'll put it here), Protect the Boss, Save the last dance for Me, Salaryman, Stairway to Heaven, Unexpected You, Vampire prosecutor, 
That's it FOLKS!

Guest sicknine

rntheatre

wrote:

»

1. Fashion King - I'm not surprised that this drama topped the list. I watched this drama from the first to the last episode without skipping (a testament) in hopes that the protagonist will get the justice that he is due. But, alas, it didn't happen. All of the elements are tragic. Love? Either a one way love OR love that revolves around money. Justice? No justice, whatsoever. Talent? If you got talent but poor, you'll end up to nothing OR as the drama depicts, being gunned down to the head in your own swimming pool after being dumped by someone you love that you thought loves you too. After watching this debacle, I almost threw my laptop to the fireplace and got out of the house to punch the hell out on the person that I'll see first in the street. Watch it, and you will feel that rage that you have never felt before in your life.<br />

2. When A Man Loves - dropped this drama on it's 6th episode. SSK's active is flat (similar to her acting in Fashion King), the plot seems to follow the story line of Fashion King. If your frustrations and angst in life are still not enough, watch this drama. I guarantee that your drum of half-full of frustrations will be filled by this drama, if not more.<br />

3. Dr. Jin - not knowing the full title of this drama signifies that this is a bad drama. I mean, the storyline is flat like a piece of bond paper on the table. Dropped this drama after its 4th episode. You want a better time-travel like drama? Watch Queen In Hyun's Man.<br />

3. Queen of Ambition - How can some writer and director ALLOW that the protagonist be bashed on all the episodes that I watched???? Greed knows no bounds. By episode 7, I could not take it anymore.<br />

4. Iris 2 - Stopped watching this drama after it's 5th episode. There is just no comparison with between this and the first one, even if Iris had a tragic ending. The first one is just jampacked of action and mystery and that's what makes it magical. It keeps you guessing, it keeps you thinking on whom to trust. However, the sequel miserably fails. Why? You know that somewhere along the drama, the protagonist will lose his memory, that it will almost follow the storyline of the first one. They should have stuck with the Original cast and continued from there, right? I mean, being shot at the head is not fatal in dramas. In real life, there are instances that you still live after being shot in the head. If protagonist still live after being hit and crushed by a dump truck inside a telephone booth, why not the protagonist being shot in the head.<br />

5. Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek - No genius here. No genius.<br />

6. Ohlala Couple - What a waste. <br />

At the moment, those are mostly on the top of my head.<br />

So dramas that I feel neutral about. We all have that dramas, right? After watching it you have mixed emotions and you can't really tell if you are happy or sad? May contain SPOILERS!<br />

My neutral feel dramas:<br />

1. Bad Guy - Good story line. Good acting. Definitely nice drama. But, why die in the end?2. City Hunter - Yeah, good action, etc. After that, I was like "That drama? Yeah.."3. Big - they really messed up the ending. So yeah.4. Faith - Yeah that drama.5. Can love become Money6. Incarnation of Money7. Level 7 Civil Servant8. My love madame Butterfly<br />

Now my top of the list drama!<br />

1. Secret Garden - the first drama that made me cry. I can't believe it. I never cry but this one, tears just fell down of my emotionless eyes. Remember the scene where Hyun Bin took away the comatose body of Ha Ji Won? Then at the car he went out and spoke his goodbyes and then went towards the storm? Tears fell. My wife was so shocked. SHOCKED! I watched this drama around 10 times without skipping. So top honors go to this.<br />

2. Roof Top Prince - I must say that jostling for second spot are some of the best dramas but I chose this. One of the most entertaining and feel good dramas of all time.<br />

2. Jumong - How can I ever forget Jumong???? Even when I was on duty in the hospital when I was a student I'll tell my clinical instructor to all of us go home because Jumong will be coming up after 2 hours. Tied in second place.<br />

3. Gu Family Book - I know this is early. There might be a disaster at the end, but as of this moment, I'll ranked it here at third. I mean the second ranked up to the last one are very very close that they could be interchanged all together. This is a good drama.<br />

4. Baker Kim Tak Gu - Hmmm... I don't like how the couple ended up BUT this is such a good drama that I am willing to forgive them. I'm not a person who easily forgives.<br />

4. Queen In Hyun's Man - nicely written, nicely directed. Everything is NICE!<br />

5. Equator Man<br />

6. Gentleman's Dignity<br />

7. King 2 Hearts, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Iris, Arang and the Magistrate (close to neutral but I'll put it here), Protect the Boss, Save the last dance for Me, Salaryman, Stairway to Heaven, Unexpected You, Vampire prosecutor, <br />

That's it FOLKS!

Guest guccigal

Can You Hear My Heart?- so boring.
jamaatunrohmah said: Everyone hates Gu Hye Sun. I am not the only one. Doesn't she have another facial expression than the one she ALWAYS show everywhere on the screen? =))

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Sorry to cut your post.

Gu Hye Sun was perfect in Pure Heart/Hearts of 19.  I love that drama.

But I agree, she sucked big time in BOF.  I really tried to hang inthere for her but got disgusted all the time with her acting.It's so over-exaggerated.  I bet you the director told her to do all those facial expressions.

i haven't watched that drama but i did watch the musical. She had that legendary facial expression all the time. Yes, i mostly blame the writer and director for that case. In the hands of great writer / director, even an (usually considered as) ordinary actor / actress can make a drama a big hit. I am talking about QIHM and Nine. :)

Guest SKimura

Dr Jin

Faith

Jang Ok Jung

All about Romance

Iris 2

King of Drama

My Captain

I Love Lee Tae Ri

Manny

Guest jamaatunrohmah

Dr JinFaithJang Ok JungAll about RomanceIris 2King of DramaMy CaptainI Love Lee Tae RiManny     

imho King of Drama still worths a try. I laughed hard at the scenes of Hyun Min - Min Ah's interaction. Crazy hillarious.

And the award for the worst Korean drama soompiers have ever watched goes to... Fashion King, obviously...
I guess we all agree on some other dramas like Dr. Jin
@rntheatre You should have learned you lesson after Fashin King and Dr. Jin. A drama with these two would constantly remind me how bad these dramas were.
@NS Yoonji This whole thread should be a huge spoiler. It's natural for people to explain why hey don't like those dramas, so they never think about using the spoiler.

Archived