[Drama 2013] Princess Aurora 오로라 공주

Guest YunRa1430270238

Guest atomickitty

@feima,
Ma Ma always sings in English because this is a drama written by Im Sung Han. She is the queen of random. If you haven't watched New Tales of Gisaeng, I suggest you do to get an idea of what I mean. Even the opening sequence of that drama was so random. Loved it.

@kimheami
I've seen three of her other dramas. I've been looking for Lotus Flower Fairy forever with no luck. I finally found Queen of Ahyun on youtube thanks to @dramaok. I really jones for Lotus Flower Fairy because the synopsis had two words in it that caught my attention and me go WAAAHHHH?? The two words? Shamanic.. Spirits. I really, really want to see that.

I am also one of those people that watch without knowing Korean. I never thought I could, but the more I watched, the more of the language I pick up. I watch about 6 hours of drama each day. I know it sounds crazy, but as I've explained on other threads, I work on computers all days so dramas are continuously playing on my other monitor. It used to be American TV (soap operas) but they cancelled 2 of my all time favorites (AMC and OLTL) so I cut ties with the rest (ha). I don't always keep my eye on it, but I always listen. So when I'm at Hmart and I hear a Korean mom telling her kid to shut his mouth this instant and stop crying because he's embarrassing her, I can laugh behind my spicy seafood nong shim package because I understood her, thanks to the power of constant drama watching.

VIVA LA DRAMA!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atomickitty said: @feima,
Ma Ma always sings in English because this is a drama written by Im Sung Han. She is the queen of random. If you haven't watched New Tales of Gisaeng, I suggest you do to get an idea of what I mean. Even the opening sequence of that drama was so random. Loved it.

@kimheami
I've seen three of her other dramas. I've been looking for Lotus Flower Fairy forever with no luck. I finally found Queen of Ahyun on youtube thanks to @dramaok. I really jones for Lotus Flower Fairy because the synopsis had two words in it that caught my attention and me go WAAAHHHH?? The two words? Shamanic.. Spirits. I really, really want to see that.

I am also one of those people that watch without knowing Korean. I never thought I could, but the more I watched, the more of the language I pick up. I watch about 6 hours of drama each day. I know it sounds crazy, but as I've explained on other threads, I work on computers all days so dramas are continuously playing on my other monitor. It used to be American TV (soap operas) but they cancelled 2 of my all time favorites (AMC and OLTL) so I cut ties with the rest (ha). I don't always keep my eye on it, but I always listen. So when I'm at Hmart and I hear a Korean mom telling her kid to shut his mouth this instant and stop crying because he's embarrassing her, I can laugh behind my spicy seafood nong shim package because I understood her, thanks to the power of constant drama watching.

VIVA LA DRAMA!!!

Guest atomickitty

@feima,
Here's a clip of the opening sequence of the first episode of New Tales of Gisaeng. Don't know if anyone else has posted it here before. You'll see what I mean by random. So hilarious.

Guest pixiee

@kimheami thank you for the explanation. i dont understand korean language but i find RR answers and the way she responded to be very witty n interesting. most of the men are captivated by her answers. 
btw after RR sing in the karaoke, she was crying in the toilet. what did her lady boss that hug her said to her? can anyone explain. thank you

Guest kimheami

she is the screenwriter for the drama for those that haven't picked it up. she wanted RR as the main character for the drama instead of PJY saying that RR fit the character better.

RR is clearly upset about how the day has gone and her pride is heavily injured by having to "jaerong tduhruh" for the director and the rest of the cast.
the screenwriter tells her that she "can do well" but the meaning i think goes beyond just for the present drama, but meaning that "she can succeed"

yay! it's Monday ~ a start of a new week that means Princess Aurora for the next 5 days ~ i am anxiously waiting what the new guy role is and how MM is gonna react if he is interested in his RR!  I think PJY knows that MM likes RR ~ that left her inferior feeling that's why she went up to dance beside MM during his singing *sigh*  All these triangles.

I can't wait to see PJY's face when she realised that MM is actually interested in RR. To cover up for his real feelings, I am worried that MM may decide to 'date' PJY. If that being so, I hope the new guy will sweep RR off her feet. MM needs to be brought down from his princely ego.   

Guest atomickitty

feima said: yay! it's Monday ~ a start of a new week that means Princess Aurora for the next 5 days ~ i am anxiously waiting what the new guy role is and how MM is gonna react if he is interested in his RR!  I think PJY knows that MM likes RR ~ that left her inferior feeling that's why she went up to dance beside MM during his singing *sigh*  All these triangles.

Guest pixiee

Hi,can someone explain why did MM friend treats RR badly? In the previous episode, he just cut her off during the introduction when all the cast is in the first meeting. In today episode, he just overlooked her when she and another cast member were waiting for him to comment, feedback about RR character custom etc.
another thing, what was the discussion about between a lady and the reporter during the meal. ? Thank you

Guest kimheami

so from what i have picked up in the latest episode.

The new guy is apparently a rich kid. obviously if he was someone that just worked as a manager he wouldn't be swimming and dining at a fancy hotel.  the gentleman he spoke with when he was reading the english newspaper after his swim asked after a company president, who i am guessing is this guy's dad.  from the conversation we were able to also grasp that the new guy just got out of the army after finishing his requisite army duty. 

Not sure why he is working as a road manager though.

Guest atomickitty

@kimheami, maybe he's one of those "poor rich me you won't let me do what I want to do, dad. I don't wanna work for our rich company. I want to carve my own path, dad."

I'm just glad he looks confident enough to give MaMa a run for his money. I am starting to like him and I hope I don't like him too much. I tend to suffer from "love for the second male lead" syndrome. There are so many dramas where if I was the female lead, I would pick the second lead because he's just too wonderful for words.

Guest dramaok

5r8j.jpgrkyn.jpg
mm: be more tender toward the director. you're good at adjusting to others.and buy coffee often too.
rr: why?
mm:you're asking because you don't know?
rr: i don't want to.
mm:you were good at fawning.
rr: it changes depending on who, of course.
mm:you said you were good at acting. think of it as acting. he's simple-minded.if you show him a little heart ...
rr: he is vulgar, not simple. and i dislike vulgar people the most.
mm:don't you know that you're the one who'll be at an disadvantage if you're like this? you should adjust to the world.  are you hopeing the world will adjust according to you?
rr: am i the only one who'll suffer (disadvantage)? in the long term he will suffer more.does he know that or what?
mm: he's an elder to you by a lot.
rr: someone more elder should act like it.
mm: there you go arguing again. why do you work? it'd be comfortable for you to go home and sit. you won't suffer bad-treatment.
rr: that's my business. but that's the reason you asked to see me? I'm leaving.
mm: what do you gain from being on the director's bad side? a total newbie should be amenable to be well-looked upon.
rr: he just hates me so what am I supposed to do?
mm: there's also that saying, giving another cake to the hateful one.
rr: why would i give cake to someone hateful? does he give me cake? he doesn't but me who's younger should just give? what did i do wrong that he looks down on me? because i don't buy that lousy coffee or meal? tell him to go skin a flea for its hide then. (take a candy from a child).i haven't even received pay yet. what does he expect from me? even if i make a fortune somehow, i'm not giving a piece of gum to someone like him.
mm: does it cost money to say some words?
rr: have i ever spoken to him badly?
mm: lip-service, i mean.
rr: an actor acts. am i a bar maid? to sell my smile and flirt? .. funny. seriously.
mm: are you saying that to me?
rr: all.
mm: are you that great?
rr: did i say i was great? that's how it sounds to you? to a writer who writes? i'm not a fool. and i'm not a god but a human with emotions.do you think gods are so free? they punish when there are wrongs. i'm being treated unfairly but it makes sense to give him an offering of cake? do you see that as reasonable?
mm: (speechless)
rr: go ahead and live that way if you will.
mm: (wordless)
rr: right. you two are close.
mm: what is that sneer? that birds of a feather flock together?
rr: (says nothing)
mm: here i was trying to help.
rr: i'm grateful and don't worry.no matter how someone like him tramples over me, it won't get to me.
mm: you really feel so at ease?
rr: they say the one who gets beaten gets to sleep soundly. that's a true saying.
mm: seriously!
rr: if i had the money to buy coffee for the director, i'd rather buy snack for our ddeokdae (dog).
02iz.jpgoocv.jpg

------------------------
sorry i don't have time to write about the later conversation at the eatery/bar. but basically mama wanted the director to be more encouraging but the director ended up lecturing and rora wouldn't stand being mocked. but also, he asked her what her father does and she said her father passed away and that startled mama a bit. he's putting 2 and 2 together. 

Archived